Reasonable » 24 Sep 2015 1:06 am wrote:
Pope Francis delivered some brief remarks at the south lawn of the White House on Wednesday. Here are nine things he said that will make the GOP and Fox News Channel totally lose their shpadoinkle.
1) “As the son of an immigrant family, I am happy to be a guest in this country, which was largely built by such families.”
Look out. The GOP will surely target this statement — accusing the Pope of opposing Trump’s border wall and ignoring all of the so-called “immigrant gangs” who are allegedly murdering people in Chicago and Baltimore. (The latter is something Trump basically invented.)SORRY TO DISAPPOINT YOU. REPUBLICANS EMBRACE LEGAL IMMIGRANTS
. LEGAL IMMIGRANTS
IS A TERM NOT KNOWN BY OR USED BY THE LEFT.
2) “American Catholics are committed to building a society which is truly tolerant and inclusive, to safeguarding the rights of individuals and communities, and to rejecting every form of unjust discrimination.”
Republicans will really go batshit crazy over this one. Even though Pope Francis went on to defend the notion of “religious liberty,” conservatives will twist this to mean that the Pope forbids them from discriminating against undocumented immigrants, women and LGBT citizens.ACTUALLY, YOU'LL HAVE TO FORWARD THIS PARTICULAR COMMENT TO THE MUSLIMS. THEY ARE THE ONES SERIOUSLY BEHIND THE CURVE ON THIS ONE.
3) “I find it encouraging that you are proposing an initiative for reducing air pollution.”
Wow. The Pope is clearly an Obamabot. He even praised President Obama’s allegedly unconstitutional efforts to restrict carbon emissions. Why does the Pope hate America?EVERYONE WANTS CLEAR AIR AND WATER. YOUR COMMENT IS STUPID.
4) “Accepting the urgency, it seems clear to me also that climate change is a problem which can no longer be left to a future generation.”
Uh-oh. If the Pope repeats this again in Congress, get ready for the heckling, booing and, inevitably, a junior congressman shouting “you lie!”HUMANS ARE NOT CAPABLE OF CONTROLLING THE CLIMATE. YOU ARE A SUCKER FOR BELIEVING SO.
5) “When it comes to the care of our ‘common home’, we are living at a critical moment of history.”
Common home? Is he including Mexicans and gays in this “common home?” If so, he can feel free to leave our country now — you know, the land of the free.WHY ARE YOU PICKING ON MEXICANS AND GAYS? WHAT DID THEY EVER DO TO YOU?
6) “We still have time to make the changes needed to bring about ‘a sustainable and integral development, for we know that things can change’ (Laudato Si’, 13).”
You’ll have to pry Sarah Palin’s SUV out of her cold, dead hands.TELL US ABOUT YOUR CARBON-FREE LIFESTYLE. SERIOUSLY ... I WANT TO KNOW.
7) “Such change demands on our part a serious and responsible recognition not only of the kind of world we may be leaving to our children, but also to the millions of people living under a system which has overlooked them.”
There he goes again, trying to protect the poor and the takers.JUST LIKE WE ALL DO, WHEN WE PAY TAXES AND TRUST THE GOVERNMENT TO DOLE OUT ENTITLEMENTS.
8) “Our common home has been part of this group of the excluded which cries out to heaven and which today powerfully strikes our homes, our cities and our societies. To use a telling phrase of the Reverend Martin Luther King, we can say that we have defaulted on a promissory note and now is the time to honor it.”
So, not only did the Pope address the climate crisis, but he also demanded that there is more be done to mitigate the crisis. And if that wasn’t awful enough for the GOP, he quoted Martin Luther King. Why does the Pope hate white people?THE QUESTION IS, "WHY DO YOU HATE WHITE PEOPLE"?
9) “I would like all men and women of good will in this great nation to support the efforts of the international community to protect the vulnerable in our world…”
Fox News will get all defensive about this one, especially insufferable douchebag Jesse Watters who routinely goes around Manhattan kicking homeless people and accosting them about where they sleep and urinate.IT IS BOTH NOBLE AND NECESSARY THAT WE TREAT OUR MOST VULNERABLE AS WELL AS WE CAN. FOR INSTANCE, AN ABLE-BODIED, YOUNG MALE WITH A SEVERE ALCOHOL PROBLEM SHOULD BE GIVEN FREE HOUSING AND FOOD, SO HE CAN IMPREGNATE YOUR DAUGHTER AND GIVE YOU MORE GRANDCHILDREN FOR THE STATE TO TAKE CARE OF. IT'S CALLED "PROGRESS", IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW.