Is There Anything To Gain Arguing With Libs

Started by Hat_Creek

Debate the issues that are the valued by conservatives in this political chat room. Try to stay on topic and respect your fellow conservatives. We all feel strongly about certain issues. Keep that in mind as you debate with your peers. Forum Rules

Next
117 replies to this topic Sticky this thread

Hat_Creek's Photo
Posted by Hat_Creek
  1,281 08 Dec 2013, 4:52 pm

Hat_Creek      

Anarchist Anarchist political affiliation
Politics: Anarchist
Money: 1,281.37

And progs?

Have you ever had a lib or prog even consider the opposing viewpoint?
I've never seen it happen. Most folks whom are posting in a forum are set in their ideology, or so it seems.
That being the case, what's the point? Where is the gain for time expended in arguing with a sack of rocks?

Posted by Cannonpointer
  17,723 11 Dec 2013, 2:57 am

Cannonpointer Sacred Cow Tipper
98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

Insurrectionist Insurrectionist political affiliation
Politics: Insurrectionist
Money: 17,722.66

Hat_Creek » 08 Dec 2013, 2:52 pm wrote:
And progs?

I've never seen it happen. Most folks whom are posting in a forum are set in their ideology, or so it seems.
That being the case, what's the point? Where is the gain for time expended in arguing with a sack of rocks?

I've seen people shift here and there. But the poin of posting is to get a free trial for your ideas, IMO.
Every line you make, someone you love will stand in

Humanity's law of the jungle: survival of the tribe
Money is a theory until spent, and then, a value statement

When your map disputes the territory, your map - not the territory - is wrong.
Where there's much sizzle, expect little steak
Honesty is intentional - lies are the lazy way out

Incompetence and dishonesty are one beast
Nostalgia is a crime against what happened
You cannot betray me - only yourself, to me

Hat_Creek's Photo
Posted by Hat_Creek
  1,281 11 Dec 2013, 12:20 pm

Hat_Creek      

Cannonpointer » Today, 2:57 am wrote:
Hat_Creek » 08 Dec 2013, 2:52 pm wrote:
And progs?

I've seen people shift here and there. But the point of posting is to get a free trial for your ideas, IMO.

I think people do shift occasionally. But not from anything posted in forum, possibly it has happened, I don't know.
The shift I've witnessed usually only comes or only takes place on a personal level, I think anyway. As in the ideology
doesn't change but the approval or not of an individual can. Take Pres Obama for instance. The ACA gig has a pile
of die hard dems miffed at the pres as they were told one thing and ended up with something else, at least a lot
of em anyway. I don't know if these folks are gonna switch their votes to another party just because they aren't
happy with Barry. I reckon we'll find out here in amere eleven months which if you're as old as I am, will be here
before ya know it.

Cheers

Posted by Nubber
  1,165 14 Dec 2013, 11:06 am

Nubber User avatar
Fluffy Bunny O.G.!
Fluffy Bunny O.G.!

Money: 1,165.49

Hat_Creek » 08 Dec 2013 3:52 pm wrote:
And progs?

Two sides, one coin...ponder that.

Hat_Creek's Photo
Posted by Hat_Creek
  1,281 14 Dec 2013, 12:35 pm

Hat_Creek      

Nubber » 14 Dec 2013 10:06 am wrote:
And progs?

Two sides, one coin...ponder that.

Libs n progs? Or, dems n cons?

RichClem's Photo
Posted by RichClem
  18,450 01 Oct 2014, 12:49 pm

RichClem       

Liberal Liberal political affiliation
Politics: Liberal
Money: 18,450.30

And progs?

Liberals who are young are often conservatives in the making who as they mature learn how things work and gather the knowledge to overcome the liberal Disinformation they were infected with in school.

There's rarely hope for true blue liberals. An occasional one will change out rather late in life; David Horowitz and David Mamet come to mind.

Posted by Two If By Tea
  144 09 Oct 2014, 7:41 pm

Two If By Tea User avatar

Independent Independent political affiliation
Politics: N/A
Money: 144.11

There's no arguing with them. Liberals have sold themselves out to big govt and progs are closet commies who don't have the stones to admit it.

Posted by geon
  2,128 30 Dec 2014, 4:45 pm

geon User avatar

Republican Republican political affiliation
Politics: Republican
Money: 2,127.74

And progs?

The point is to do what we can to help save America from the plague which has eaten up much of Europe.

Islamism.

Anyone in search of a motivating cause? How about stopping the spread of Islam in America before it is too late?!

Consider spreading this message far and wide.

The Goal of Islam is to make all of humanity submit to Shariah Law.

"Every accommodation non-Muslims make for Muslims moves our culture, our beliefs, and our legal systems one step closer to Sharia law."

https://vimeo.com/52771987
https://civilusdefendus.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/liberty-vs-sharia-july-2010-ltr.pdf

Include it in your sigs.

Spread the word to Libs. They have much to lose if Islamism grows beyond 2% in the US.

Posted by Endoscopy
  6,635 19 Jan 2015, 12:46 pm

Endoscopy User avatar

Conservative Conservative political affiliation
Politics: Conservative
Money: 6,634.50

And progs?

The problem is the left is emotion based while the right is fact based. The left will find a way to ignore the facts you post. This is why they like the Alynski method of debate. I am sorry to say that over the years the right has lowered themselves to returning the favor.
ANNOY A LIBERAL
TELL THEM FACTS

socially centered's Photo
Posted by socially centered
  6,399 20 Feb 2015, 3:53 pm

socially centered       

Politics: Beer and Popcorn
Money: 6,398.77

RichClem » 01 Oct 2014 12:49 pm wrote:

Liberals who are young are often conservatives in the making who as they mature learn how things work and gather the knowledge to overcome the liberal Disinformation they were infected with in school.

There's rarely hope for true blue liberals. An occasional one will change out rather late in life; David Horowitz and David Mamet come to mind.

I go along with this line of thought as I was liberal when I was 18 and old enough to vote. I cast my first presidential ballot for jimmy Carter. :blink:

Posted by Cannonpointer
  17,723 03 Mar 2015, 11:31 pm

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

socially centered » 20 Feb 2015 2:53 pm wrote:

I go along with this line of thought as I was liberal when I was 18 and old enough to vote. I cast my first presidential ballot for jimmy Carter. :blink:

You're agreeing with a progressive on a statement about conservatives - making you his fellow progressive.

socially centered's Photo
Posted by socially centered
  6,399 04 Mar 2015, 6:46 am

socially centered       

Politics: Beer and Popcorn
Money: 6,398.77

Cannonpointer » 03 Mar 2015 10:31 pm wrote:

You're agreeing with a progressive on a statement about conservatives - making you his fellow progressive.

I firmly believe that no one is completely wrong %100 of the time.... :)

Posted by Cannonpointer
  17,723 04 Mar 2015, 9:17 am

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

socially centered » 04 Mar 2015 5:46 am wrote:

I firmly believe that no one is completely wrong %100 of the time.... :)

If it were possible, clemjob w3ould be the guy.

That fruit cake offered up a chart into evidence, in a thread where he and I were disputing. I tried to read the chart and found it imenetrable. So I tracked it to where it came from. I was unablee to find the key, there. But theat site had only modified it. I tracked it to its origin, No help - their original was comprehensible - it was the unexpplained modification which was the problem. I went BACK to that site and eventually gave up.

I had spent 45 minutes attempting to give his evidence a fair hearing.

I admitted ignorance and requested assistance comprehending his proffered chart. He snarled that it looked substantially like most of the other charts which people generallly used as evidence in debates such as we were having, and called me a psycho.

So, this lazy piece of death camp fodder has the audacity to call me psycho for asking HIM what evidence that HE entered means? After I spent 45 minutes acting like a man, this fucking monkey snarls at me, and calls ME psrcho to cover for the laziness and dishonesty injerent in postijng evidence one does not understand, simply because it comes from a wingnut site and so must mean SOMETHING "one's side" stands for - just toss it, so much chaff...

If I catch that cocksucker correct 15 times it will not make that piece of train-bait right ONCE. The pig is wrong forever. The day will coe that I'll have him in my basement. That's where I keep my power tools. a crude lobotomy will probably teach neither of us anything. But it will make him slower at ducking darts and pellets.

Posted by Pregnar Kraps
  2,233 26 Mar 2015, 12:04 am

Pregnar Kraps User avatar
Afraid to Disrespect the Prophet

Politics: N/A
Money: 2,232.90

And progs?

I've seen posters change their opinion of Islam based on things posted in political forums.
"This level of arrogance preceded the recent pogrom in nazi germany. These israeli scum need to learn this is america." - Cannonpointer

Muslims who engage in jihad can find the legitimacy to do so in the Quran. Christians who engage in any violence are betraying Christianity”s teachings and can find no legitimacy to do what they do in the New Testament.

Hat_Creek's Photo
Posted by Hat_Creek
  1,281 31 Mar 2015, 1:36 pm

Hat_Creek      

Pregnar Kraps » 26 Mar 2015 12:04 am wrote:
And progs?

I've seen posters change their opinion of Islam based on things posted in political forums.

Essentially, radical Islamics are not much different than Jews. You can research that for yourself.
But the point is concerning Libs n progs. I haven't posted here in quite some time on a regular
basis. But I wander in once in a while and nothing has changed. It's the same people and soks,
arguing the same topics, over and over and over. A time wasting activity IMHO.

Cheers

Posted by Cannonpointer
  17,723 26 Apr 2015, 5:29 am

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

Hat_Creek » 31 Mar 2015 1:36 pm wrote:

Essentially, radical Islamics are not much different than Jews. You can research that for yourself.
But the point is concerning Libs n progs. I haven't posted here in quite some time on a regular
basis. But I wander in once in a while and nothing has changed. It's the same people and soks,
arguing the same topics, over and over and over. A time wasting activity IMHO.

Cheers

I have changed my positions more than once based on the arguments of posters or the research to which they directed me. The most recent that I can recall is in the matter of the Keystone XL. I was annoyed - and remain so - at how quickly republican trash sided with a foreign corporation against their own government. We're not some fucking third world country with zero standards where some fucking foreign corporation - OR DOMESTIC ONE - gets to just make their own route and their own safety rules based on - what would they base it on, what would it be - PROFITS?

So I was in reaction mode against the reactionary asshats whose only reason to back the pipeline is that the radio told them so.

But I changed my position and joined my previous foes (albeit for better reasons), based on argumentation in Forbes to which Crimson Gulf directed me. Mind you, I was perusing his evidence with the intention of debunking it, not co-signing it. But i'm an honest man, so I changed my position when the evidence overcame the position I had previously held.

There have been at least half a dozen such incidents in the half dozen years I have been on these boards. I've not seen that many conversins from all OTHER posters, combined -sad to say.

Posted by Sgt Bilko
  12,723 29 Oct 2015, 2:44 pm

Sgt Bilko User avatar

Conservative Conservative political affiliation
Politics: Conservative
Money: 12,723.18

And progs?

They will never give an inch. I put up a dictionary definition up and they refuse to budge an inch. Any proof is rejected.
ANNOY A LIBERAL

GIVE THEM FACTS

Posted by greatnpowerfuloz
  22,700 06 Feb 2016, 8:15 am

greatnpowerfuloz Uncharitable Bitch

Money: 22,699.93

And progs?

Raises hand. Not only have I considered opposing viewpoints, I have changed my position as a result and am now more or less an ideological hybrid.

The recalcitrant come in all shapes and sizes. As you only have the eyes to see the ideologically faithful to the left of you, I can't help but regard you as an example of those you choose to criticize.

Hat_Creek's Photo
Posted by Hat_Creek
  1,281 06 Feb 2016, 12:18 pm

Hat_Creek      

greatnpowerfuloz » 06 Feb 2016 7:15 am wrote:
And progs?

Raises hand. Not only have I considered opposing viewpoints, I have changed my position as a result and am now more or less an ideological hybrid.

The recalcitrant come in all shapes and sizes. As you only have the eyes to see the ideologically faithful to the left of you, I can't help but regard you as an example of those you choose to criticize.

And whom have I criticized?
Do I ever criticize the right?

Posted by greatnpowerfuloz
  22,700 06 Feb 2016, 10:05 pm

greatnpowerfuloz Uncharitable Bitch

Money: 22,699.93

Hat_Creek » 06 Feb 2016 11:18 am wrote:
greatnpowerfuloz » 06 Feb 2016 7:15 am wrote:
And progs?

And whom have I criticized?

Libs and progs, according to your post.

Do I ever criticize the right?

I don't know. If you say you have, I have no reason to doubt you. Have you criticized them for not considering the opposing viewpoint - which was pretty much all I was referring to?

Then again, I'm in a conservatives only thread so I should not be expecting equanimity.

Carry on.

Next

Return to Conservatives Only Political Chat Room