Is There Anything To Gain Arguing With Libs

Started by Hat_Creek

Debate the issues that are the valued by conservatives in this political chat room. Try to stay on topic and respect your fellow conservatives. We all feel strongly about certain issues. Keep that in mind as you debate with your peers. Forum Rules

PreviousNext
117 replies to this topic Sticky this thread

Posted by GeorgeWashington
  -20,191 03 Mar 2016, 8:24 pm

GeorgeWashington User avatar

Revolutionary Revolutionary political affiliation
Politics: Revolutionary
Money: -20,191.42

Sgt Bilko » 03 Mar 2016 7:06 pm wrote:
GeorgeWashington » 03 Mar 2016 2:07 pm wrote:
Sgt Bilko » 03 Mar 2016 12:40 pm wrote:
The everlasting covenant was made with Abraham and Isaac. Ishmael was sent away and not part of the covenant. That is in Genesis 17. In Genesis 27 Jacob gets the birthright by trickery from Isaac. God continued the process with Jacob and changed his name to Israel. To Israel's progeny was the everlasting covenant given. You keep twisting things around and try to wiggle out of what God proclaimed in this covenant. By doing so you reject what God proclaimed in this everlasting covenant with no restrictions. Why do you keep saying God did not mean what He said?? If that is the case then throw away the Bible since God is like Allah with the use of abrogation. Allah changes his mind by having later spoken verses replace earlier spoken ones. This is what you are proclaiming!!

I am not twisting or rejecting anything.

I am keeping with the Christian teachings of the ancient church.

You are proclaiming Darby Dispensationalism popularized by Scofield in the early 1900s. What you believe is a new teaching. Do you expect me to believe that Christians got it wrong for 1900 years and only now some are getting it right?

If scripture says what you say it does, why won't you quote it?

Did I not refer to Genesis 17 and 27!!! To Jacob aka Israel the EVERLASTING covenant was made to his descendents. Circumcision is the mark of the covenant. You tried to claim the first and last born sons Israel were not included. Israel was also given the promised land which ended up being called Israel. Do you deny the EVERLASTING covenant to Israel and the addition of the promised land? God said EVERLASTING not me. The covenant had NO conditions.

Therefore either God changed his mind or you are wrong. This is a simple issue. Show the conditions to break the covenant in those two chapters. I have never found any. When God made this covenant He knew the future but made it anyway. KISS!

My issue is if this promise of God is broken then what promise of God can we trust??

Please quote the verse you are referring to. From there we can dig deeper into the descendents. I believe the word seed was used, as St Paul states, not descendents as many modern English translations say.

Maybe I'm wrong. I am open to that possibility, but I won't throw away 2000 years of Christian tradition without compelling evidence.

Posted by Sgt Bilko
  17,338 04 Mar 2016, 10:26 am

Sgt Bilko User avatar

Conservative Conservative political affiliation
Politics: Conservative
Money: 17,337.87

GeorgeWashington » 03 Mar 2016 7:24 pm wrote:
GeorgeWashington » 03 Mar 2016 2:07 pm wrote:

I am not twisting or rejecting anything.

I am keeping with the Christian teachings of the ancient church.

You are proclaiming Darby Dispensationalism popularized by Scofield in the early 1900s. What you believe is a new teaching. Do you expect me to believe that Christians got it wrong for 1900 years and only now some are getting it right?

If scripture says what you say it does, why won't you quote it?

Did I not refer to Genesis 17 and 27!!! To Jacob aka Israel the EVERLASTING covenant was made to his descendents. Circumcision is the mark of the covenant. You tried to claim the first and last born sons Israel were not included. Israel was also given the promised land which ended up being called Israel. Do you deny the EVERLASTING covenant to Israel and the addition of the promised land? God said EVERLASTING not me. The covenant had NO conditions.

Therefore either God changed his mind or you are wrong. This is a simple issue. Show the conditions to break the covenant in those two chapters. I have never found any. When God made this covenant He knew the future but made it anyway. KISS!

My issue is if this promise of God is broken then what promise of God can we trust??

Please quote the verse you are referring to. From there we can dig deeper into the descendents. I believe the word seed was used, as St Paul states, not descendents as many modern English translations say.

Maybe I'm wrong. I am open to that possibility, but I won't throw away 2000 years of Christian tradition without compelling evidence.

I made one mistake in what I said. The ones that are taken out of the covenant are those who do not get circumcised. Seed and descendents are the same. A seed comes off of a plant and creates the offspring of the plant. In the churches I have attended I am supporting their view.

Genesis 17
God's covenant with Abraham and Isaac

9 Then God said to Abraham, “As for you, you must keep my covenant, you and your descendants after you for the generations to come. 10 This is my covenant with you and your descendants after you, the covenant you are to keep: Every male among you shall be circumcised. 11 You are to undergo circumcision, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and you. 12 For the generations to come every male among you who is eight days old must be circumcised, including those born in your household or bought with money from a foreigner—those who are not your offspring. 13 Whether born in your household or bought with your money, they must be circumcised. My covenant in your flesh is to be an everlasting covenant. 14 Any uncircumcised male, who has not been circumcised in the flesh, will be cut off from his people; he has broken my covenant.”

19 Then God said, “Yes, but your wife Sarah will bear you a son, and you will call him Isaac.[d] I will establish my covenant with him as an everlasting covenant for his descendants after him. 20 And as for Ishmael, I have heard you: I will surely bless him; I will make him fruitful and will greatly increase his numbers. He will be the father of twelve rulers, and I will make him into a great nation. 21 But my covenant I will establish with Isaac, whom Sarah will bear to you by this time next year.” 22 When he had finished speaking with Abraham, God went up from him.

Genesis 25
Esau selling his birthright

29 Once when Jacob was cooking some stew, Esau came in from the open country, famished. 30 He said to Jacob, “Quick, let me have some of that red stew! I’m famished!” (That is why he was also called Edom.)

31 Jacob replied, “First sell me your birthright.”

32 “Look, I am about to die,” Esau said. “What good is the birthright to me?”

33 But Jacob said, “Swear to me first.” So he swore an oath to him, selling his birthright to Jacob.

34 Then Jacob gave Esau some bread and some lentil stew. He ate and drank, and then got up and left. So Esau despised his birthright.

Genesis 27
Jacob tricking Isaac into giving him the birthright

25 Then he said, “My son, bring me some of your game to eat, so that I may give you my blessing.”

Jacob brought it to him and he ate; and he brought some wine and he drank. 26 Then his father Isaac said to him, “Come here, my son, and kiss me.”

27 So he went to him and kissed him. When Isaac caught the smell of his clothes, he blessed him and said,

“Ah, the smell of my son
is like the smell of a field
that the Lord has blessed.
28 May God give you heaven’s dew
and earth’s richness—
an abundance of grain and new wine.
29 May nations serve you
and peoples bow down to you.
Be lord over your brothers,
and may the sons of your mother bow down to you.
May those who curse you be cursed
and those who bless you be blessed.”
30 After Isaac finished blessing him, and Jacob had scarcely left his father’s presence, his brother Esau came in from hunting. 31 He too prepared some tasty food and brought it to his father. Then he said to him, “My father, please sit up and eat some of my game, so that you may give me your blessing.”

32 His father Isaac asked him, “Who are you?”

“I am your son,” he answered, “your firstborn, Esau.”

33 Isaac trembled violently and said, “Who was it, then, that hunted game and brought it to me? I ate it just before you came and I blessed him—and indeed he will be blessed!”

34 When Esau heard his father’s words, he burst out with a loud and bitter cry and said to his father, “Bless me—me too, my father!”

35 But he said, “Your brother came deceitfully and took your blessing.”

Genesis 28
God reaffirming the covenant to Jacob

10 Jacob left Beersheba and set out for Harran. 11 When he reached a certain place, he stopped for the night because the sun had set. Taking one of the stones there, he put it under his head and lay down to sleep. 12 He had a dream in which he saw a stairway resting on the earth, with its top reaching to heaven, and the angels of God were ascending and descending on it. 13 There above it[c] stood the Lord, and he said: “I am the Lord, the God of your father Abraham and the God of Isaac. I will give you and your descendants the land on which you are lying. 14 Your descendants will be like the dust of the earth, and you will spread out to the west and to the east, to the north and to the south. All peoples on earth will be blessed through you and your offspring.[d] 15 I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.”

Posted by Sgt Bilko
  17,338 04 Mar 2016, 10:37 am

Sgt Bilko User avatar

Keep in mind that the Jews today practice circumcision! They have ever since Jacob aka Israel!
ANNOY A LIBERAL

GIVE THEM FACTS

Posted by GeorgeWashington
  -20,191 05 Mar 2016, 2:38 pm

GeorgeWashington User avatar

Revolutionary Revolutionary political affiliation
Politics: Revolutionary
Money: -20,191.42

Sgt Bilko » 04 Mar 2016 9:26 am wrote:

I made one mistake in what I said. The ones that are taken out of the covenant are those who do not get circumcised. Seed and descendents are the same. A seed comes off of a plant and creates the offspring of the plant. In the churches I have attended I am supporting their view.

Genesis 17

9 Then God said to Abraham, “As for you, you must keep my covenant, you and your descendants after you for the generations to come. 10 This is my covenant with you and your descendants after you, the covenant you are to keep: Every male among you shall be circumcised. 11 You are to undergo circumcision, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and you. 12 For the generations to come every male among you who is eight days old must be circumcised, including those born in your household or bought with money from a foreigner—those who are not your offspring. 13 Whether born in your household or bought with your money, they must be circumcised. My covenant in your flesh is to be an everlasting covenant. 14 Any uncircumcised male, who has not been circumcised in the flesh, will be cut off from his people; he has broken my covenant.”

19 Then God said, “Yes, but your wife Sarah will bear you a son, and you will call him Isaac.[d] I will establish my covenant with him as an everlasting covenant for his descendants after him. 20 And as for Ishmael, I have heard you: I will surely bless him; I will make him fruitful and will greatly increase his numbers. He will be the father of twelve rulers, and I will make him into a great nation. 21 But my covenant I will establish with Isaac, whom Sarah will bear to you by this time next year.” 22 When he had finished speaking with Abraham, God went up from him.

Genesis 25

29 Once when Jacob was cooking some stew, Esau came in from the open country, famished. 30 He said to Jacob, “Quick, let me have some of that red stew! I’m famished!” (That is why he was also called Edom.)

33 But Jacob said, “Swear to me first.” So he swore an oath to him, selling his birthright to Jacob.

34 Then Jacob gave Esau some bread and some lentil stew. He ate and drank, and then got up and left. So Esau despised his birthright.

Genesis 27

25 Then he said, “My son, bring me some of your game to eat, so that I may give you my blessing.”

Jacob brought it to him and he ate; and he brought some wine and he drank. 26 Then his father Isaac said to him, “Come here, my son, and kiss me.”

27 So he went to him and kissed him. When Isaac caught the smell of his clothes, he blessed him and said,

“Ah, the smell of my son
and earth’s richness—
29 May nations serve you
30 After Isaac finished blessing him, and Jacob had scarcely left his father’s presence, his brother Esau came in from hunting. 31 He too prepared some tasty food and brought it to his father. Then he said to him, “My father, please sit up and eat some of my game, so that you may give me your blessing.”

33 Isaac trembled violently and said, “Who was it, then, that hunted game and brought it to me? I ate it just before you came and I blessed him—and indeed he will be blessed!”

34 When Esau heard his father’s words, he burst out with a loud and bitter cry and said to his father, “Bless me—me too, my father!”

Genesis 28

10 Jacob left Beersheba and set out for Harran. 11 When he reached a certain place, he stopped for the night because the sun had set. Taking one of the stones there, he put it under his head and lay down to sleep. 12 He had a dream in which he saw a stairway resting on the earth, with its top reaching to heaven, and the angels of God were ascending and descending on it. 13 There above it[c] stood the Lord, and he said: “I am the Lord, the God of your father Abraham and the God of Isaac. I will give you and your descendants the land on which you are lying. 14 Your descendants will be like the dust of the earth, and you will spread out to the west and to the east, to the north and to the south. All peoples on earth will be blessed through you and your offspring.[d] 15 I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.”

There's a lot of ground to cover here and I'd like to approach it verse by verse as time permits.

First, we need to make sure we have accurately established our positions.

My position: There is nothing special about the Jews in Israel today.

Your position: The Jews in Israel today are special because of the covenant made with Abraham and affirmed through Isaac and Jacob.

Is that an accurate representation of your position?

Posted by Sgt Bilko
  17,338 05 Mar 2016, 3:20 pm

Sgt Bilko User avatar

GeorgeWashington » 05 Mar 2016 1:38 pm wrote:
Sgt Bilko » 04 Mar 2016 9:26 am wrote:

Genesis 17

Genesis 25

Genesis 27

“Ah, the smell of my son
and earth’s richness—
29 May nations serve you

Genesis 28

There's a lot of ground to cover here and I'd like to approach it verse by verse as time permits.

First, we need to make sure we have accurately established our positions.

My position: There is nothing special about the Jews in Israel today.

Your position: The Jews in Israel today are special because of the covenant made with Abraham and affirmed through Isaac and Jacob.

Is that an accurate representation of your position?

Yes to the point of salvation. The unbelievers are not saved. I am not a dispensationalist. I am Reformed aka Calvinist in my theology and a conservative Christian.
ANNOY A LIBERAL

GIVE THEM FACTS

Posted by Cannonpointer
  12,564 15 Mar 2016, 7:39 pm

Cannonpointer Sacred Cow Tipper
98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

Insurrectionist Insurrectionist political affiliation
Politics: Insurrectionist
Money: 12,563.62

Sgt Bilko » 05 Mar 2016 2:20 pm wrote:
Yes to the point of salvation. The unbelievers are not saved. I am not a dispensationalist. I am Reformed aka Calvinist in my theology and a conservative Christian.
Pick a position, dancing queen. You can't run around parroting the despensationalists, accusing anyone who disagrees with their doctrines of speaking gibberish, screech that the jews in the modern state of israel are the chosen people, and then claim you're not a duck, you retarded old crazy ass.

Yellow in front and brown in back, dipshit.
Only the weakest ideas must be protected from debate, and only religions declare people heretics.

Humanity's law of the jungle: survival of the tribe
Money is a theory until spent - then a value statement

When your map disputes the territory, it's your map that is wrong.
Where there's much sizzle, expect little steak
Honesty is intentional - lies are the lazy way out

Nostalgia is a crime against what happened
You cannot betray me - only yourself, to me

Posted by Sgt Bilko
  17,338 15 Mar 2016, 10:37 pm

Sgt Bilko User avatar

Cannonpointer » 15 Mar 2016 7:39 pm wrote:
Sgt Bilko » 05 Mar 2016 2:20 pm wrote:
Pick a position, dancing queen. You can't run around parroting the despensationalists, accusing anyone who disagrees with their doctrines of speaking gibberish, screech that the jews in the modern state of israel are the chosen people, and then claim you're not a duck, you retarded old crazy ass.

Yellow in front and brown in back, dipshit.

I quoted the Bible dipidy do. Do you even know what a dispensationalist is?? Obviously not since I never ever said anything like that. You picked up a word and used it ignorantly!!
ANNOY A LIBERAL

GIVE THEM FACTS

Posted by Cannonpointer
  12,564 21 Mar 2016, 3:18 am

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

Sgt Bilko » 15 Mar 2016 10:37 pm wrote:
I quoted the Bible dipidy do. Do you even know what a dispensationalist is?? Obviously not since I never ever said anything like that. You picked up a word and used it ignorantly!!
^ Duncecap McGee, spouting gibberish and hoping magic fairy dust will finally turn his fairy tale into reality.

Only the weakest ideas must be protected from debate, and only religions declare people heretics.

Posted by Sgt Bilko
  17,338 21 Mar 2016, 5:02 am

Sgt Bilko User avatar

Cannonpointer » 21 Mar 2016 3:18 am wrote:
Sgt Bilko » 15 Mar 2016 10:37 pm wrote:
^ Duncecap McGee, spouting gibberish and hoping magic fairy dust will finally turn his fairy tale into reality.

Your brain flatulence is spilling over into this thread spouting idiotic gibberish nonsense and you need your professional help even more since your obvious ignorance of different denominations theology and try to make believe you understand the subtle differences of the peripheral differences. The core beliefs of Christians is found in the Apostles Creed, the first Nicene Creed, and the Athanasian Creed. Everything else is peripheral issues that you obviously do NOT understand since your spouting gibberish nonsense about these issues. You obviously need help to understand that you are not the world's expert on everything. You obviously hate admitting ignorance about anything!! That makes you pathetic!!!
ANNOY A LIBERAL

GIVE THEM FACTS

Posted by Cannonpointer
  12,564 31 Mar 2016, 2:41 pm

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

Sgt Bilko » 21 Mar 2016 5:02 am wrote:
Your brain flatulence is spilling over into this thread spouting idiotic gibberish nonsense and you need your professional help even more since your obvious ignorance of different denominations theology and try to make believe you understand the subtle differences of the peripheral differences. The core beliefs of Christians is found in the Apostles Creed, the first Nicene Creed, and the Athanasian Creed. Everything else is peripheral issues that you obviously do NOT understand since your spouting gibberish nonsense about these issues. You obviously need help to understand that you are not the world's expert on everything. You obviously hate admitting ignorance about anything!! That makes you pathetic!!!
Why do you continue to sprinkle magic fairy dust in order to hide the fact that you are spouting gibberish nonsense?
Come back to reality - your trip to fantasy land should end BEFORE you are incarcerated for the protection of yourself and society, you hallucinating dimwit. Your abject ignorance of the Constantinian Apocrypha demonstrates that you have failed to study your Agrippa, you stupid fucktard. You have wind on the lee side of your starboard mast, you ignorant fuck. If this argument were karate, you'd not have mastered the horse stance, ya white gi'd pinhead.

Posted by Sgt Bilko
  17,338 31 Mar 2016, 7:59 pm

Sgt Bilko User avatar

Cannonpointer » 31 Mar 2016 2:41 pm wrote:
Sgt Bilko » 21 Mar 2016 5:02 am wrote:
Why do you continue to sprinkle magic fairy dust in order to hide the fact that you are spouting gibberish nonsense?
Come back to reality - your trip to fantasy land should end BEFORE you are incarcerated for the protection of yourself and society, you hallucinating dimwit. Your abject ignorance of the Constantinian Apocrypha demonstrates that you have failed to study your Agrippa, you stupid fucktard. You have wind on the lee side of your starboard mast, you ignorant fuck. If this argument were karate, you'd not have mastered the horse stance, ya white gi'd pinhead.

The words used to describe the texts is very significant. Constantinian is used to denote non Canon writings. Apocrypha denotes somewhat significant religious writings that do not rise to the level of being included in the Canon. The Canon was formed in the first and second centuries and rubber stamped at the first Nicene council when the first Nicene Creed was created.

You seem to love to argue in ignorance. You never pointed out where I made dispensation concepts instead you go on the attack with ludicrous foolishness. That must mean you failed since you have many times dredged up others words to ram down their throats. Do you even know what dispensations are? I went to a church for a while that taught it and I believe it is non Biblical. Just like I reject the theological version of Revelation as described by the popular "Left Behind" series.
ANNOY A LIBERAL

GIVE THEM FACTS

Posted by Cannonpointer
  12,564 01 Apr 2016, 2:43 am

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

Sgt Bilko » 31 Mar 2016 7:59 pm wrote:
The words used to describe the texts is very significant. Constantinian is used to denote non Canon writings. Apocrypha denotes somewhat significant religious writings that do not rise to the level of being included in the Canon. The Canon was formed in the first and second centuries and rubber stamped at the first Nicene council when the first Nicene Creed was created.

You seem to love to argue in ignorance. You never pointed out where I made dispensation concepts instead you go on the attack with ludicrous foolishness. That must mean you failed since you have many times dredged up others words to ram down their throats. Do you even know what dispensations are? I went to a church for a while that taught it and I believe it is non Biblical. Just like I reject the theological version of Revelation as described by the popular "Left Behind" series.
Study your Agrippa, you moron. Until you've done that, I can beat you left handed.

Posted by Sgt Bilko
  17,338 01 Apr 2016, 2:59 am

Sgt Bilko User avatar

Cannonpointer » 01 Apr 2016 2:43 am wrote:
Sgt Bilko » 31 Mar 2016 7:59 pm wrote:

Study your Agrippa, you moron. Until you've done that, I can beat you left handed.

Which Agrippa are you mumbling about? Herod Agrippa, Marcus Agrippa, etc. There are several of them! Define which one?

Must be Herod Agrippa that is the one!! He tried to kill Jesus as a baby! You are an idiot!
Last edited by Sgt Bilko on 01 Apr 2016, 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
ANNOY A LIBERAL

GIVE THEM FACTS

Posted by Cannonpointer
  12,564 01 Apr 2016, 3:00 am

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

Sgt Bilko » 01 Apr 2016 2:59 am wrote:
Which Agrippa are you mumbling about? Herod Agrippa, Marcus Agrippa, etc. There are several of them! Define which one?
If I have to tell you which Agrippa to study, you are defeated already. You've committed a classic blunder, you spouter of gibberish nonsense.

Posted by Sgt Bilko
  17,338 01 Apr 2016, 4:23 am

Sgt Bilko User avatar

Cannonpointer » 01 Apr 2016 3:00 am wrote:
Sgt Bilko » 01 Apr 2016 2:59 am wrote:
If I have to tell you which Agrippa to study, you are defeated already. You've committed a classic blunder, you spouter of gibberish nonsense.

You are an ignorant spouter of gibberish nonsense with the Agrippa idiocy!!
ANNOY A LIBERAL

GIVE THEM FACTS

Posted by Cannonpointer
  12,564 01 Apr 2016, 4:30 am

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

Sgt Bilko » 01 Apr 2016 4:23 am wrote:
You are an ignorant spouter of gibberish nonsense with the Agrippa idiocy!!
:die:

YOU HAVE NOT STUDIED YOUR AGRIPPA!

Posted by Sgt Bilko
  17,338 01 Apr 2016, 4:58 am

Sgt Bilko User avatar

Cannon is having brain flatulence producing a lot of nonsense about concepts that do not exist. This poor deluded person has made posts demonstrating that he desperately needs help with his flatulence before he creates even more idiocy with his disgusting posts.
ANNOY A LIBERAL

GIVE THEM FACTS

Posted by Cannonpointer
  12,564 02 Apr 2016, 4:54 pm

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

Sgt Bilko » 01 Apr 2016 4:58 am wrote:
Cannon is having brain flatulence producing a lot of nonsense about concepts that do not exist. This poor deluded person has made posts demonstrating that he desperately needs help with his flatulence before he creates even more idiocy with his disgusting posts.
Magic fairy dust attempting to obscure reality - gibberish nonsense. :rolleyes:

Posted by Sgt Bilko
  17,338 02 Apr 2016, 10:36 pm

Sgt Bilko User avatar

Cannonpointer » 02 Apr 2016 4:54 pm wrote:
Sgt Bilko » 01 Apr 2016 4:58 am wrote:
Magic fairy dust attempting to obscure reality - gibberish nonsense. :rolleyes:

Poor Cannon is still having more brain flatulence. He must be having a problem with what he is earing.. He needs to figure out soon what the problem is. Very sad.
ANNOY A LIBERAL

GIVE THEM FACTS

Posted by Cannonpointer
  12,564 05 Apr 2016, 12:38 am

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

Sgt Bilko » 02 Apr 2016 10:36 pm wrote:
Poor Cannon is still having more brain flatulence. He must be having a problem with what he is earing.. He needs to figure out soon what the problem is. Very sad.
STUDY YOUR AGRIPPA, you stupid spewer of gibberish nonsense. The magic fairy dust with which you try to obscure reality does not change it. Remember, dummy: Yellow in front and brown in back.

PreviousNext

Return to Conservatives Only Political Chat Room