ban cannon

Started by bigsky

Debate the issues that are the valued by conservatives in this political chat room. Try to stay on topic and respect your fellow conservatives. We all feel strongly about certain issues. Keep that in mind as you debate with your peers. Forum Rules

Next
144 replies to this topic Sticky this thread

Posted by bigsky
  392 02 Dec 2013, 9:34 pm

bigsky User avatar

Conservative Conservative political affiliation
Politics: Conservative
Money: 391.51

cannon...you aint allowed in here...your done..pack yer shit and get
we have been

i dont always double down on failure my friends, but when i do, i vote for obama. stay jobless my friends -most interesting man in the world

people who put other members names in their signatures secretly want to suck that persons dick...

Hat_Creek's Photo
Posted by Hat_Creek
  1,286 14 Dec 2013, 12:41 pm

Hat_Creek      

Anarchist Anarchist political affiliation
Politics: Anarchist
Money: 1,285.74

We'll try to keep it that way. Hope we aren't going beyond where we should stop here.
On the same hand, we don't need to taunt anyone, on the other hand, this is NHB.
Possibly if there is any taunting, should the one being taunted be allowed to reply.
Kinda seems fair to me, but I'm just one little poster.

Posted by Cannonpointer
  17,778 16 Dec 2013, 1:37 am

Cannonpointer Sacred Cow Tipper
98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

Insurrectionist Insurrectionist political affiliation
Politics: Insurrectionist
Money: 17,778.36

Hat_Creek » 14 Dec 2013 11:41 am wrote:
We'll try to keep it that way. Hope we aren't going beyond where we should stop here.
On the same hand, we don't need to taunt anyone, on the other hand, this is NHB.
Possibly if there is any taunting, should the one being taunted be allowed to reply.

Everyone is free to taunt me - especially in here. I won't post here if you don't want me to, and if I DO it won't be from a far left perspective (unless I participate in a by-invitation debate on some approved far left vs. conservative argument).

I will not post in this room at all if you prefer - no problem, as I do not claim to be a conservative. Hawk invited me. You are the new sheriff, and this is YOUR ROOM to run as you see fit. I ain't no little bitch, so if you prefer I post everywhere else but here I am cool with that. :)
Every line you make, someone you love will stand in

Humanity's law of the jungle: survival of the tribe
Money is a theory until spent, and then, a value statement

When your map disputes the territory, your map - not the territory - is wrong.
Where there's much sizzle, expect little steak
Honesty is intentional - lies are the lazy way out

Incompetence and dishonesty are one beast
Nostalgia is a crime against what happened
You cannot betray me - only yourself, to me

Hat_Creek's Photo
Posted by Hat_Creek
  1,286 16 Dec 2013, 11:55 am

Hat_Creek      

Cannonpointer » 16 Dec 2013 12:37 am wrote:

Everyone is free to taunt me - especially in here. I won't post here if you don't want me to, and if I DO it won't be from a far left perspective (unless I participate in a by-invitation debate on some approved far left vs. conservative argument).

I will not post in this room at all if you prefer - no problem, as I do not claim to be a conservative. Hawk invited me. You are the new sheriff, and this is YOUR ROOM to run as you see fit. I ain't no little bitch, so if you prefer I post everywhere else but here I am cool with that. :)

Typically you post in regard to the topic. I wouldn't think anyone would take issue with that.
The conservatives who wish to post here in the CO area need to speak up if they object. As
long as dialog remains on topic it would seem anyone is welcome. If the dialog crosses over into
bashing etc, then we'd need to remove that dialog as this area must be a sanctuary where conservatives
can freely post anything, including opposition party bashing without needing to defend their posts.
When it turns into an argument, one party being non conservative, it's no longer CO dialog, and
may as well reside in the NHB area. Sound reasonable?

Cheers

Posted by Cannonpointer
  17,778 17 Dec 2013, 2:41 am

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

Hat_Creek » 16 Dec 2013 10:55 am wrote:

Typically you post in regard to the topic. I wouldn't think anyone would take issue with that.
The conservatives who wish to post here in the CO area need to speak up if they object. As
long as dialog remains on topic it would seem anyone is welcome. If the dialog crosses over into
bashing etc, then we'd need to remove that dialog as this area must be a sanctuary where conservatives
can freely post anything, including opposition party bashing without needing to defend their posts.
When it turns into an argument, one party being non conservative, it's no longer CO dialog, and

Cheers

It does sound reasonable - but that's the problem that I have with it. Reasonable is a bad thing.

People come here to TEST THEIR IDEAS. In the NHB, they end up trolling. I think real cons would welcome a spirited debate. But that is not possible in the NHB where people like goofball and clem, who are NOT conservatives, toe the republican party line and spew think tank talking points. No matter how badly they get beaten up and SHOWN that their ideas are not at ALL conservative, they continue to prattle the party line. So there is no debate to be had, since they are not intellectually honest.

My opinion? You should try to make this room a refuge for intellectual honesty, where libs who are willing to debate honestly and respectfully are welcome to do so - but on probation from jump, and if they resort to partisan hackery or ugliness, they are gone and you do whatever you want with the tripe they posted.

Hat_Creek's Photo
Posted by Hat_Creek
  1,286 17 Dec 2013, 8:31 pm

Hat_Creek      

Cannonpointer » 17 Dec 2013 1:41 am wrote:
Hat_Creek » 16 Dec 2013 10:55 am wrote:

Cheers

It does sound reasonable - but that's the problem that I have with it. Reasonable is a bad thing.

People come here to TEST THEIR IDEAS. In the NHB, they end up trolling. I think real cons would welcome a spirited debate. But that is not possible in the NHB where people like goofball and clem, who are NOT conservatives, toe the republican party line and spew think tank talking points. No matter how badly they get beaten up and SHOWN that their ideas are not at ALL conservative, they continue to prattle the party line. So there is no debate to be had, since they are not intellectually honest.

My opinion? You should try to make this room a refuge for intellectual honesty, where libs who are willing to debate honestly and respectfully are welcome to do so - but on probation from jump, and if they resort to partisan hackery or ugliness, they are gone and you do whatever you want with the tripe they posted.

OK. I understand.

Posted by Cannonpointer
  17,778 19 Dec 2013, 12:48 am

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

Hat_Creek » 17 Dec 2013 7:31 pm wrote:

OK. I understand.

Just so that I am clear, this is YOUR room. You are the poleece. You wanna throw my ass out, I give you my word as a man that I will honor WHATEVER rules you put in place. I need you a hell of a lot more than you need me. If I act like a little bitch, you'll rightly tell me to go to hell, and just post in the NHB as you originally intended. And I will be without a mod for Cons Only.

I used my power as admin to make you the boss, but in the area where I made you boss, you have more authority than I do - and I WILL respect that authority.

I won't belabor that point further - I just wanna know in my own mind that you get the contract between us, and that you get MY gratitude for you stepping up and running this room. I respect you as a con and was quite happy to get a real conservative to run this room for us.

smells like tuna's Photo
Posted by smells like tuna
  0 19 Dec 2013, 7:25 pm

smells like tuna

why don't we just start a board for civil and polite political debating. no cussing, flaming, name calling.......just stating i agree with you because, or i don't agree with you because...one warning infraction only. after that, exhiled to nhb

i'll start a thread

Posted by Cannonpointer
  17,778 19 Dec 2013, 9:12 pm

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

smells like tuna » 19 Dec 2013 6:25 pm wrote:

why don't we just start a board for civil and polite political debating. no cussing, flaming, name calling.......just stating i agree with you because, or i don't agree with you because...one warning infraction only. after that, exhiled to nhb

i'll start a thread

This could be that board. Talk to Hat Creek.

But it will only work if Hat Creek holds both sides to the same standard - otherwise, we'll invite folks to debate in the L.O., and in there we will have only one standard for everyone (while in an arranged and agreed-to debate). Whichever room jumps first will get the traffic, IMO.

Hat_Creek's Photo
Posted by Hat_Creek
  1,286 19 Dec 2013, 9:34 pm

Hat_Creek      

Cannonpointer » 18 Dec 2013 11:48 pm wrote:
Hat_Creek » 17 Dec 2013 7:31 pm wrote:

OK. I understand.

Just so that I am clear, this is YOUR room. You are the poleece. You wanna throw my ass out, I give you my word as a man that I will honor WHATEVER rules you put in place. I need you a hell of a lot more than you need me. If I act like a little bitch, you'll rightly tell me to go to hell, and just post in the NHB as you originally intended. And I will be without a mod for Cons Only.

I used my power as admin to make you the boss, but in the area where I made you boss, you have more authority than I do - and I WILL respect that authority.

I won't belabor that point further - I just wanna know in my own mind that you get the contract between us, and that you get MY gratitude for you stepping up and running this room. I respect you as a con and was quite happy to get a real conservative to run this room for us.

There may be folks who post here who are "real conservatives" and I could be this and not know it.
I haven't read a conservative manifesto nor have I searched for this. Certainly I lean to the right on
a lot of issues. But I don't limit my vote to the party line. The example would be Barry. I didn't
vote for him as I had read information which was disturbing. Had I not, and only voted based on
what I heard candidates stating in campaign mode, I may have voted for him. If he had made good
on most of the things he said in the 08' campaign, and not executed healthcare law nor had any
other infractions, it is possible I could have voted for him in 12'. But he didn't go that direction.
His actions reinforced every negative piece of info I had read and or heard, plus some. One thing
I'm not confused on is I am anti progressive. At least I think I am. lol

Hat_Creek's Photo
Posted by Hat_Creek
  1,286 19 Dec 2013, 9:42 pm

Hat_Creek      

smells like tuna » 19 Dec 2013 6:25 pm wrote:

i'll start a thread

OK. It's isn't objectionable in my humble opinion. The quandry is our form of government here.
If it's a democracy and a majority of conservative posters prefer a lib and prog free sancuary,
then under a democracy it seems they should have that. If it's a republic we want, then we'd
need to establish our foundation and publish terms by which all agree to abide. This is evolution,
and it is creationism at the same time. Wow.

Posted by Cannonpointer
  17,778 20 Dec 2013, 12:34 am

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

Hat_Creek » 19 Dec 2013 8:42 pm wrote:

OK. It's isn't objectionable in my humble opinion. The quandry is our form of government here.
If it's a democracy and a majority of conservative posters prefer a lib and prog free sancuary,
then under a democracy it seems they should have that. If it's a republic we want, then we'd
need to establish our foundation and publish terms by which all agree to abide. This is evolution,

It's only a democracy if you SAY it's a democracy. If the "majority" are going to post here, they MIGHT should have a vote. But it is your room. You are the one who will succeed or fail, not they. If they want a vote, I suggest they put somne fucking skin in the game - like post more than twice before they start bitching.

Just my opinion...

Hat_Creek's Photo
Posted by Hat_Creek
  1,286 20 Dec 2013, 10:59 am

Hat_Creek      

Cannonpointer » 19 Dec 2013 11:34 pm wrote:
Hat_Creek » 19 Dec 2013 8:42 pm wrote:

It's only a democracy if you SAY it's a democracy. If the "majority" are going to post here, they MIGHT should have a vote. But it is your room. You are the one who will succeed or fail, not they. If they want a vote, I suggest they put somne fucking skin in the game - like post more than twice before they start bitching.

Just my opinion...

There was a post early on from someone, don't recall the political stance of the poster.
The post stated cons don't need a place to babble between themselves. Either that
was correct or this room has no appeal. The only other conservative voice wanted
this area restricted to cons only. Rome wasn't built in a day. I'll go about this in a
different direction.

Posted by Cannonpointer
  17,778 21 Dec 2013, 1:41 am

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

Hat_Creek » 20 Dec 2013 9:59 am wrote:

There was a post early on from someone, don't recall the political stance of the poster.
The post stated cons don't need a place to babble between themselves. Either that
was correct or this room has no appeal. The only other conservative voice wanted
this area restricted to cons only. Rome wasn't built in a day. I'll go about this in a
different direction.

My advice? Heat generates views and posts. Offer one of the cons the opportunity to have a legit debate. I will happily debate the affirmative of any of these three propositions:

1. Capitalism requires significant regulation, and conservatives should be the very FIRST to want that regulation
2. Insurance - be it auto or health - should be mandatory, and government run - and Conservatives should be the FIRST to agree
3. Tort reform is anti-Conservative, progressive in nature and outcome, and no Constitutionalist can embrace it.

Now, you get a good debate going on one of those issues, it'll generate views. You can start a side by side comments thread where folks are free to post. If someone posts in the DEBATE thread, you just move the post over to the comment thread.

If you have no takers for those debate positions, collect counter-offers. I will debate anyone, anytime, so long as I agree with the position I am defending.

Posted by deezer shoove
  8,663 05 Jun 2014, 4:07 pm

deezer shoove Bangalore Torpedo

Location: 3rd in line (human centipede). Light warm breeze very near anus.
Independent Independent political affiliation
Politics: N/A
Money: 8,662.94

Cannonpointer » 21 Dec 2013 12:41 am wrote:
Hat_Creek » 20 Dec 2013 9:59 am wrote:

different direction.

My advice? Heat generates views and posts. Offer one of the cons the opportunity to have a legit debate. I will happily debate the affirmative of any of these three propositions:

1. Capitalism requires significant regulation, and conservatives should be the very FIRST to want that regulation
2. Insurance - be it auto or health - should be mandatory, and government run - and Conservatives should be the FIRST to agree
3. Tort reform is anti-Conservative, progressive in nature and outcome, and no Constitutionalist can embrace it.

Now, you get a good debate going on one of those issues, it'll generate views. You can start a side by side comments thread where folks are free to post. If someone posts in the DEBATE thread, you just move the post over to the comment thread.

If you have no takers for those debate positions, collect counter-offers. I will debate anyone, anytime, so long as I agree with the position I am defending.

Unless it's about changing posts regarding neutral questions. Disingenuous prattle. LO is a "protected environment" so why stir shit here?

Please
seat yourself.

Posted by Cannonpointer
  17,778 06 Jun 2014, 1:22 am

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

deezer shoove » 05 Jun 2014 4:07 pm wrote:
Unless it's about changing posts regarding neutral questions. Disingenuous prattle. LO is a "protected environment" so why stir shit here?

There is no neutrality on torture, son. You are either a bull or a steer. Are you saying you posted as a steer? Then you should thank me.

Posted by deezer shoove
  8,663 06 Jun 2014, 3:02 pm

Cannonpointer » 06 Jun 2014 1:22 am wrote:
deezer shoove » 05 Jun 2014 4:07 pm wrote:

There is no neutrality on torture, son. You are either a bull or a steer. Are you saying you posted as a steer? Then you should thank me.

Since my post has been altered, I can't tell you what you are banning.
A question about hell can exist without your penchant for testicles being part of the context, big frog.

Please
seat yourself.

Posted by Cannonpointer
  17,778 06 Jun 2014, 7:05 pm

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

deezer shoove » 06 Jun 2014 3:02 pm wrote:
A question about hell can exist without your penchant for testicles being part of the context, big frog.

Posted by deezer shoove
  8,663 07 Jun 2014, 7:28 am

Cannonpointer » 06 Jun 2014 7:05 pm wrote:
deezer shoove » 06 Jun 2014 3:02 pm wrote:

I must assume, owing to your not infrequent sexual references, that this is your little friend's favorite salve.
So while you beat the snot out of Oswald, we can rest easy knowing that shaking your hand will be clean, soft and smooth.

Please
seat yourself.

Posted by deezer shoove
  8,663 19 Aug 2015, 7:05 am

Cannon is the biggest poster here. What fucking joke.

Reminds me of the "bad" site...

Please
seat yourself.

Next

Return to Conservatives Only Political Chat Room