Benghazi was 'preventable'!

Started by TheAmerican

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules

PreviousNext
206 replies to this topic Sticky this thread

Posted by bigsky
  1,538 15 Jan 2014, 8:01 pm

bigsky User avatar

Conservative Conservative political affiliation
Politics: Conservative
Money: 1,537.92

TotallyRad » 15 Jan 2014 10:59 am wrote:

Who cut funding for embassy security again?

chris christie
we have been

i dont always double down on failure my friends, but when i do, i vote for obama. stay jobless my friends -most interesting man in the world

people who put other members names in their signatures secretly want to suck that persons dick...

Posted by bigsky
  1,538 15 Jan 2014, 8:05 pm

bigsky User avatar

i wonder what happened to the guy that made the video that got blamed for the attack? obama and holder still got him in prison?
we have been

i dont always double down on failure my friends, but when i do, i vote for obama. stay jobless my friends -most interesting man in the world

people who put other members names in their signatures secretly want to suck that persons dick...

Posted by TheAmerican
  2,368 15 Jan 2014, 8:09 pm

TheAmerican User avatar

Money: 2,367.71

bigsky » 15 Jan 2014 7:05 pm wrote:
i wonder what happened to the guy that made the video that got blamed for the attack? obama and holder still got him in prison?

...good question!!

Skeptic's Photo
Posted by Skeptic
  1,854 15 Jan 2014, 8:33 pm

Skeptic Moderator

Democratic Democratic political affiliation
Politics: Democratic
Money: 1,854.22

TheAmerican » 15 Jan 2014 10:06 am wrote:
BREAKING NEWS: Senate Intelligence Committee report on Sept. 11, 2012, attacks on US facilities in Benghazi finds the tragedy, which claimed the lives of four Americans — including Ambassador Chris Stevens — was 'preventable,' and that the Obama administration failed to respond to 'ample' warnings of a terrorist threat.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/01 ... zi-report/

I believe Chris Stevens was one who was said to have been able to have done more. Still no link by which Clinton or Obama could be held directly responsible, so of course, this doesn't pass the test of a real scandal - at least, not of the kind cons have been hoping for all these months.

Now, Christie's Bridge-Power-Abuse scandal or McDonnel's Gift-Griftopia... Those are ACTUAL scandals!

Remember when RichClem was sooooooooooooo proud of these two boys in 2009?

Posted by TheAmerican
  2,368 15 Jan 2014, 8:37 pm

TheAmerican User avatar

Skeptic » 15 Jan 2014 7:33 pm wrote:
BREAKING NEWS: Senate Intelligence Committee report on Sept. 11, 2012, attacks on US facilities in Benghazi finds the tragedy, which claimed the lives of four Americans — including Ambassador Chris Stevens — was 'preventable,' and that the Obama administration failed to respond to 'ample' warnings of a terrorist threat.

I believe Chris Stevens was one who was said to have been able to have done more. Still no link by which Clinton or Obama could be held directly responsible, so of course, this doesn't pass the test of a real scandal - at least, not of the kind cons have been hoping for all these months.

Now, Christie's Bridge-Power-Abuse scandal or McDonnel's Gift-Griftopia... Those are ACTUAL scandals!

Remember when RichClem was sooooooooooooo proud of these two boys in 2009?

...your boy KNEW about this terrorist attack the SAME day!... yet he LIED to America!

http://video.foxnews.com/v/305543413300 ... show-clips

Posted by bigsky
  1,538 15 Jan 2014, 8:39 pm

bigsky User avatar

TheAmerican » 15 Jan 2014 7:37 pm wrote:

...your boy KNEW about this terrorist attack the SAME day!... yet he LIED to America!

well, in obamas defense i will go out on a limb and say...HE HAS NEVER TOLD THE TRUTH TO AMERICA....so he is still within character...
we have been

Posted by skews13
  2,617 15 Jan 2014, 8:52 pm

skews13 User avatar

Independent Independent political affiliation
Politics: N/A
Money: 2,617.12

golfboy » 15 Jan 2014 3:17 pm wrote:
Let's not forget that this is a DEMOCRAT run committee.

“The committee found the attacks were preventable, based on extensive intelligence reporting on the terrorist activity in Libya — to include prior threats and attacks against Western targets — and given the known security shortfalls at the U.S. Mission,” the Senate committee said in a statement released with the report.

The committee said that the State Department was warned for months preceding the attack that the U.S. Mission in Benghazi was at risk, yet it failed to adequately respond to requests for more security.

“The State Department should have increased its security posture in Benghazi based on the deteriorating security situation on the ground and [intelligence community] threat reporting on the prior attacks against Western Benghazi,” the report said. “Few significant improvements were made by the State Department to the security posture of the Temporary Mission Facility.”

Where the CIA properly responded to the multiple warnings of terrorists threats in Benghazi by upgrading its security, the State Department failed to do so. This failure came even after multiple “tripwires” — warnings to “prompt a reduction in personnel or the suspension of operations at the Mission facility in Benghazi” — had been crossed and after other nations has closed diplomatic facilities in Benghazi earlier that year.

The committee also found that there were no U.S. military forces positioned to arrive in short order at Benghazi and that no adequate evacuation plan was in place. Furthermore, security agencies failed to communicate sufficiently. In one example, the military headquarters responsible for Libya did not know that the CIA annex — whose personnel first responded to the attack on the diplomatic facility — existed.

Subsequent to the attack, the State Department “did not disseminate any independent analysis in the year following the Benghazi attacks,” which the committee found “unsettling” considering that two State Department personnel were killed in an attack on a State Department facility.

Wrong dipshit. It says in the report that it is a bipartisan committee. Somebody needs to ask the Republicans on the committee what happened to the funding for the upgrades the report recommended. Somehow I think they will be asked by the MSM, just exactly where that funding was. You know the funding that House Republicans refused to fund? Yep, there are definitely questions to be asked.

Posted by crimsongulf
  25,150 15 Jan 2014, 8:55 pm

crimsongulf User avatar

Capitalist Capitalist political affiliation
Politics: Capitalist
Money: 25,150.04

Somebody needs to ask BO and billary why they lied through their teeth. Oh wait, can't do that, a lane was closed in Jersey.

Posted by TheAmerican
  2,368 15 Jan 2014, 8:55 pm

TheAmerican User avatar

skews13 » 15 Jan 2014 7:52 pm wrote:
golfboy » 15 Jan 2014 3:17 pm wrote:
Let's not forget that this is a DEMOCRAT run committee.

“The committee found the attacks were preventable, based on extensive intelligence reporting on the terrorist activity in Libya — to include prior threats and attacks against Western targets — and given the known security shortfalls at the U.S. Mission,” the Senate committee said in a statement released with the report.

The committee said that the State Department was warned for months preceding the attack that the U.S. Mission in Benghazi was at risk, yet it failed to adequately respond to requests for more security.

“The State Department should have increased its security posture in Benghazi based on the deteriorating security situation on the ground and [intelligence community] threat reporting on the prior attacks against Western Benghazi,” the report said. “Few significant improvements were made by the State Department to the security posture of the Temporary Mission Facility.”

Where the CIA properly responded to the multiple warnings of terrorists threats in Benghazi by upgrading its security, the State Department failed to do so. This failure came even after multiple “tripwires” — warnings to “prompt a reduction in personnel or the suspension of operations at the Mission facility in Benghazi” — had been crossed and after other nations has closed diplomatic facilities in Benghazi earlier that year.

The committee also found that there were no U.S. military forces positioned to arrive in short order at Benghazi and that no adequate evacuation plan was in place. Furthermore, security agencies failed to communicate sufficiently. In one example, the military headquarters responsible for Libya did not know that the CIA annex — whose personnel first responded to the attack on the diplomatic facility — existed.

Subsequent to the attack, the State Department “did not disseminate any independent analysis in the year following the Benghazi attacks,” which the committee found “unsettling” considering that two State Department personnel were killed in an attack on a State Department facility.

Wrong dipshit. It says in the report that it is a bipartisan committee. Somebody needs to ask the Republicans on the committee what happened to the funding for the upgrades the report recommended. Somehow I think they will be asked by the MSM, just exactly where that funding was. You know the funding that House Republicans refused to fund? Yep, there are definitely questions to be asked.

...THAT is even worse, old boy!

Posted by Cannonpointer
  15,529 15 Jan 2014, 9:01 pm

Cannonpointer Sacred Cow Tipper
98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

Insurrectionist Insurrectionist political affiliation
Politics: Insurrectionist
Money: 15,529.14

They responded, dullard. They let Stevens die - that just wasn't the response the response you wanted.
Only the weakest ideas must be protected from debate, and only religions declare people heretics.

Humanity's law of the jungle: survival of the tribe
Money is a theory until spent - then a value statement

When your map disputes the territory, it's your map that is wrong.
Where there's much sizzle, expect little steak
Honesty is intentional - lies are the lazy way out

Nostalgia is a crime against what happened
You cannot betray me - only yourself, to me

Posted by skews13
  2,617 15 Jan 2014, 9:01 pm

skews13 User avatar

Independent Independent political affiliation
Politics: N/A
Money: 2,617.12

golfboy » 15 Jan 2014 5:06 pm wrote:
skews13 » 15 Jan 2014 4:05 pm wrote:

I figured you would try to spin this. Let's try it without the spin.

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2014/01/15/22314076-senate-panel-on-benghazi-the-attacks-were-preventable?lite

A Senate intelligence committee, has stated that the attacks were preventable, and blamed the State Dept., and intelligence agencies for failing to upgrade the security at embassies. How interesting, a Senate intelligence committee blaming intelligence agencies, who give them the information, and were well aware of the current security status, which they are then responsible for directing, and funding such upgrades. Here's the part that I find most interesting. " The Bipartisan Report " includes " over a dozen recommendations for the prevention of future security breaches ". Funny, the report also says that the attacks were preventable "based upon extensive intelligence reporting". So let me see if I have this straight. The intelligence agencies did an "extensive" report on terrorist activity in Libya, in which they give to the "bipartisan intelligence committee", the "bipartisan intelligence committee" fails to act by providing the funding necessary for the security upgrades they now say should have been in place, and somehow this is the fault of the intelligence agencies, and the State Dept. for their failure to act? Got it. Politicians covering their asses, and shifting blame.

How much would you like to wager that there are some pissed off intelligence operatives who after reading the report want to go in front of the first camera they can find, and give the MSM a report of their own of how this "bipartisan intelligence committee" was well aware of the fact the upgrades were needed, and made this information available through the "extensive intelligence reporting" they had submitted to them earlier?

Stay tuned, this isn't the last of this story by a long shot, and CIA operatives in the field aren't going to let a bunch of panty waste Senators slide by so easily trying to cover their asses, while they get blamed for it. I've seen this act before.

As for Hillary Clinton, she isn't the one who will be in the hot seat over the report. It will be members of the committee who are going to be called to task by the MSM as to why they had information from intelligence ops in the field that more security was needed, but failed to fund it, and are now trying to blame those ops for information they were fully aware of.

But this is adult stuff here. A troll like you isn't intelligent enough to spin this into a talkingpoint.

You think this committee was required to fund Hillary security?
Hillary had marine security at the Paris and Barbados embassies, but not that the Benghazi consulate?
Sorry man, but you clearly don't know WTF you're talking about here.

I know exactly what 'm talking about troll. That's why I will be rubbing your nose in it on Hillary's inauguration day. All funding has to be approved by the House. Who is it that's in charge of the House again troll? Like I said. A bunch of panty waste Senators trying to cover the Congress' ass for their failure of leadership. But the current House is the worst in history so this comes as no surprise. The only question that needs to be asked is why did Congress fail to provide funding for security upgrades after what was deemed an "extensive report" was submitted to them describing the state of security? The only people responsible for Benghazi are the Obama hating Republicans. Their Chris Christie like actions are responsible for the deaths of four Americans and they should be held accountable for it.

Posted by TheAmerican
  2,368 15 Jan 2014, 9:04 pm

TheAmerican User avatar

skews13 » 15 Jan 2014 8:01 pm wrote:
golfboy » 15 Jan 2014 5:06 pm wrote:
skews13 » 15 Jan 2014 4:05 pm wrote:

I figured you would try to spin this. Let's try it without the spin.

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2014/01/15/22314076-senate-panel-on-benghazi-the-attacks-were-preventable?lite

A Senate intelligence committee, has stated that the attacks were preventable, and blamed the State Dept., and intelligence agencies for failing to upgrade the security at embassies. How interesting, a Senate intelligence committee blaming intelligence agencies, who give them the information, and were well aware of the current security status, which they are then responsible for directing, and funding such upgrades. Here's the part that I find most interesting. " The Bipartisan Report " includes " over a dozen recommendations for the prevention of future security breaches ". Funny, the report also says that the attacks were preventable "based upon extensive intelligence reporting". So let me see if I have this straight. The intelligence agencies did an "extensive" report on terrorist activity in Libya, in which they give to the "bipartisan intelligence committee", the "bipartisan intelligence committee" fails to act by providing the funding necessary for the security upgrades they now say should have been in place, and somehow this is the fault of the intelligence agencies, and the State Dept. for their failure to act? Got it. Politicians covering their asses, and shifting blame.

How much would you like to wager that there are some pissed off intelligence operatives who after reading the report want to go in front of the first camera they can find, and give the MSM a report of their own of how this "bipartisan intelligence committee" was well aware of the fact the upgrades were needed, and made this information available through the "extensive intelligence reporting" they had submitted to them earlier?

Stay tuned, this isn't the last of this story by a long shot, and CIA operatives in the field aren't going to let a bunch of panty waste Senators slide by so easily trying to cover their asses, while they get blamed for it. I've seen this act before.

As for Hillary Clinton, she isn't the one who will be in the hot seat over the report. It will be members of the committee who are going to be called to task by the MSM as to why they had information from intelligence ops in the field that more security was needed, but failed to fund it, and are now trying to blame those ops for information they were fully aware of.

But this is adult stuff here. A troll like you isn't intelligent enough to spin this into a talkingpoint.

You think this committee was required to fund Hillary security?
Hillary had marine security at the Paris and Barbados embassies, but not that the Benghazi consulate?
Sorry man, but you clearly don't know WTF you're talking about here.

I know exactly what 'm talking about troll. That's why I will be rubbing your nose in it on Hillary's inauguration day. All funding has to be approved by the House. Who is it that's in charge of the House again troll? Like I said. A bunch of panty waste Senators trying to cover the Congress' ass for their failure of leadership. But the current House is the worst in history so this comes as no surprise. The only question that needs to be asked is why did Congress fail to provide funding for security upgrades after what was deemed an "extensive report" was submitted to them describing the state of security? The only people responsible for Benghazi are the Obama hating Republicans. Their Chris Christie like actions are responsible for the deaths of four Americans and they should be held accountable for it.

...yeah, blame Congress for your boy's failures??? Un-fuckin-believable!

Posted by Cannonpointer
  15,529 15 Jan 2014, 9:07 pm

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

TheAmerican » 15 Jan 2014 8:04 pm wrote:

...yeah, blame Congress for your boy's failures??? Un-fuckin-believable!

What failure?

Rogue CIA agent Stevens is dead - killed by CIA front Al Qaida.

Who failed? What was their failure?
Only the weakest ideas must be protected from debate, and only religions declare people heretics.

Posted by Cannonpointer
  15,529 15 Jan 2014, 9:09 pm

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

Quick, everyone click the fox link! Bwahahaha! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

thelion's Photo
Posted by thelion
  1,293 15 Jan 2014, 9:09 pm

thelion    

Capitalist Capitalist political affiliation
Politics: Capitalist
Money: 1,293.28

The only way the attack on the Benghazi consulate could have been "prevented" is if those who carried it out had decided not to carry out the attack.

*American* Republicans, in their insane quest to gotcha Obama on something, have a hell of a time remembering who is truly at fault here.

Skeptic's Photo
Posted by Skeptic
  1,854 15 Jan 2014, 9:11 pm

Skeptic Moderator

So, aside from FOX Noise, who is calling this an actual scandal?

FOX has their own legal issues and still seems to believe Mitt Romney won in 2012. :rofl:

Posted by TheAmerican
  2,368 15 Jan 2014, 9:13 pm

TheAmerican User avatar

Skeptic » 15 Jan 2014 8:11 pm wrote:

So, aside from FOX Noise, who is calling this an actual scandal?

FOX has their own legal issues and still seems to believe Mitt Romney won in 2012. :rofl:

huh? ...lying (SEVERAL times) to the American people is NOT a scandal????

Skeptic's Photo
Posted by Skeptic
  1,854 15 Jan 2014, 9:14 pm

Skeptic Moderator

crimsongulf » 15 Jan 2014 7:55 pm wrote:
Somebody needs to ask BO and billary why they lied through their teeth. Oh wait, can't do that, a lane was closed in Jersey.

It doesn't appear they did.

Christie may have. His staff certainly did. Maybe Bob McDonnell will run in Christie's place....

Endoscopy's Photo
Posted by Endoscopy
  6,863 15 Jan 2014, 9:14 pm

Endoscopy      

Money: 6,862.55

KarlChilders » 15 Jan 2014 10:46 am wrote:
FYI nobody GIVES a FUCK about BENGHAZI Anymore except for ignorant moron conspiracy. Theorist

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
You are despicable. The Ambassador requested more military there to protect him along with the military there. They kept on requesting it untill the military there was given the order to leave immediately. They had kept on delaying leaving until the order came. What replaced them was unarmed locals. This with the British embassador attacked in Benghazi and the British pulling out of Benghazi. Part of the duty of the Secretary of State is to protect ALL of the ambassadors.

CLINTON FAILED
ANNOY A LIBERAL
TELL THEM FACTS
Sgt Bilko

Skeptic's Photo
Posted by Skeptic
  1,854 15 Jan 2014, 9:15 pm

Skeptic Moderator

TheAmerican » 15 Jan 2014 8:13 pm wrote:

huh? ...lying (SEVERAL times) to the American people is NOT a scandal????

Who is saying they lied -- apart from scandal-crazed conservatives?

PreviousNext

Return to No Holds Barred Political Forum