Fast Food Workers to Strike Thursday

Started by shintao

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules

PreviousNext
296 replies to this topic Sticky this thread

User avatar
Posted by Technocrat
  28,707 04 Sep 2014, 11:51 am

Technocrat Alexander Fuckin' Hamilton
User avatar
      
      

Posts: 13,071
Location: New Jersey
Socialist Socialist political affiliation
Politics: Socialist
Gender: Male
Money: 28,707.42



Log in or register to remove this ad..
golfboy » 04 Sep 2014 11:29 am wrote:
Headed off to Burger King for a Whopper. I'll get to protest the protest AND support a company who is daring to stand up against our country's insane tax system.


Hope you enjoy 3000 calouries and a hint of unwashed hand flavour lol.
0
Log in or register to remove this ad..

User avatar
Posted by golfboy
  48,014 04 Sep 2014, 11:57 am

golfboy Liberal Anti-Matter
User avatar
      
      

Posts: 51,295
Conservative Conservative political affiliation
Politics: Conservative
Money: 48,013.50



Technocrat » 04 Sep 2014 11:51 am wrote:
Hope you enjoy 3000 calouries and a hint of unwashed hand flavour lol.

Oh, I will. And in our country, it's "calories" and "flavor".
Perhaps spell check?
0
ES » 07 Oct 2014 11:23 am wrote:
I've been doing face plants before your lies ever darkened any political forum.

Cannonpointer » 15 Oct 2014 10:46 am wrote:
Facts suck when you're a progressive.

Technocrat » 04 Sep 2014 12:15 pm wrote:
British invented English, you know.
:die:

User avatar
Posted by NeoConvict
  19,733 04 Sep 2014, 11:57 am

NeoConvict User avatar
      
      

Posts: 18,184
Conservative Conservative political affiliation
Politics: Conservative
Money: 19,733.00

golfboy » 04 Sep 2014 11:29 am wrote:
Headed off to Burger King for a Whopper. I'll get to protest the protest AND support a company who is daring to stand up against our country's insane tax system.



Good idea! Think a Whopper sounds good for lunch.
0
"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

-George Orwell, 1984







larryc12's Photo
Posted by larryc12
  15,375 04 Sep 2014, 12:01 pm

larryc12       
      

Posts: 13,531
Conservative Conservative political affiliation
Politics: Conservative
Gender: Male
Money: 15,374.61

NeoConvict » 04 Sep 2014 11:57 am wrote:

Good idea! Think a Whopper sounds good for lunch.


I had breakfast there. No strike. Employees seemed pretty upbeat. Go figure.
0

User avatar
Posted by Technocrat
  28,707 04 Sep 2014, 12:15 pm

Technocrat Alexander Fuckin' Hamilton
User avatar
      
      

Posts: 13,071
Location: New Jersey
Socialist Socialist political affiliation
Politics: Socialist
Gender: Male
Money: 28,707.42



golfboy » 04 Sep 2014 11:57 am wrote:
Technocrat » 04 Sep 2014 11:51 am wrote:
Hope you enjoy 3000 calouries and a hint of unwashed hand flavour lol.

Oh, I will. And in our country, it's "calories" and "flavor".
Perhaps spell check?



Both spellings are correct. Spell check only corrects misspelled words, not variations of correct ones lol.
British invented English, you know.

I prefer the British spelling. If only because it bothers you.
Last edited by Technocrat on 04 Sep 2014, 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0

User avatar
Posted by Technocrat
  28,707 04 Sep 2014, 12:16 pm

Technocrat Alexander Fuckin' Hamilton
User avatar
      
      

Posts: 13,071
Location: New Jersey
Socialist Socialist political affiliation
Politics: Socialist
Gender: Male
Money: 28,707.42



NeoConvict » 04 Sep 2014 11:57 am wrote:
golfboy » 04 Sep 2014 11:29 am wrote:
Headed off to Burger King for a Whopper. I'll get to protest the protest AND support a company who is daring to stand up against our country's insane tax system.


Good idea! Think a Whopper sounds good for lunch.


Don't eat at Burger King. Don't do that to yourself. Eat somewhere better.
0

User avatar
Posted by golfboy
  48,014 04 Sep 2014, 12:25 pm

golfboy Liberal Anti-Matter
User avatar
      
      

Posts: 51,295
Conservative Conservative political affiliation
Politics: Conservative
Money: 48,013.50



Technocrat » 04 Sep 2014 12:15 pm wrote:
Both spellings are correct. Spell check only corrects misspelled words, not variations of correct ones lol.
British invented English, you know.

I prefer the British spelling. If only because it bothers you.

It doesn't bother me at all, it just makes you look pompous. But if you WANT to look like an ass, feel free.
And actually the British didn't invent English, but making incorrect statements of fact seems to be a hobby of yours.
0
ES » 07 Oct 2014 11:23 am wrote:
I've been doing face plants before your lies ever darkened any political forum.

Cannonpointer » 15 Oct 2014 10:46 am wrote:
Facts suck when you're a progressive.

Technocrat » 04 Sep 2014 12:15 pm wrote:
British invented English, you know.
:die:

User avatar
Posted by Technocrat
  28,707 04 Sep 2014, 12:26 pm

Technocrat Alexander Fuckin' Hamilton
User avatar
      
      

Posts: 13,071
Location: New Jersey
Socialist Socialist political affiliation
Politics: Socialist
Gender: Male
Money: 28,707.42



golfboy » 04 Sep 2014 12:25 pm wrote:
Technocrat » 04 Sep 2014 12:15 pm wrote:
Both spellings are correct. Spell check only corrects misspelled words, not variations of correct ones lol.
British invented English, you know.

I prefer the British spelling. If only because it bothers you.

It doesn't bother me at all, it just makes you look pompous. But if you WANT to look like an ass, feel free.


Clearly, it bothered you enough for you respond to the trollbait with "we in MURICA. WE SPELL MURICAN!" :LOL:
LOL at the idea that a spelling is "pompous." Are you saying English is pompous?
0

User avatar
Posted by golfboy
  48,014 04 Sep 2014, 12:28 pm

golfboy Liberal Anti-Matter
User avatar
      
      

Posts: 51,295
Conservative Conservative political affiliation
Politics: Conservative
Money: 48,013.50



Technocrat » 04 Sep 2014 12:26 pm wrote:
Clearly, it bothered you enough for you respond to the bait with "we in MURICA. WE SPELL MURICAN!" :LOL:

No man, I'm just laughing at your stupidity.
"British invented English" :rofl:
0
ES » 07 Oct 2014 11:23 am wrote:
I've been doing face plants before your lies ever darkened any political forum.

Cannonpointer » 15 Oct 2014 10:46 am wrote:
Facts suck when you're a progressive.

Technocrat » 04 Sep 2014 12:15 pm wrote:
British invented English, you know.
:die:

User avatar
Posted by Technocrat
  28,707 04 Sep 2014, 12:31 pm

Technocrat Alexander Fuckin' Hamilton
User avatar
      
      

Posts: 13,071
Location: New Jersey
Socialist Socialist political affiliation
Politics: Socialist
Gender: Male
Money: 28,707.42



golfboy » 04 Sep 2014 12:28 pm wrote:
Technocrat » 04 Sep 2014 12:26 pm wrote:
Clearly, it bothered you enough for you respond to the bait with "we in MURICA. WE SPELL MURICAN!" :LOL:

No man, I'm just laughing at your stupidity.
"British invented English" :rofl:


What's pretty stupid is your belief that America created the English Language and that it didn't in fact evolve in ..well...England. Those silly Brits thinking it's their language. :loco:
It's cute seeing your hyper-nationalistic American jingoism in action over something as minor as a spelling.

I reel in you guys every time I cast the line.
0

User avatar
Posted by golfboy
  48,014 04 Sep 2014, 12:43 pm

golfboy Liberal Anti-Matter
User avatar
      
      

Posts: 51,295
Conservative Conservative political affiliation
Politics: Conservative
Money: 48,013.50



Technocrat » 04 Sep 2014 12:31 pm wrote:
What's pretty stupid is your belief that America created the English Language and that it didn't in fact evolve in ..well...England. Those silly Brits thinking it's their language. :loco:
It's cute seeing your hyper-nationalistic American jingoism in action over something as minor as a spelling.

I reel in you guys every time I cast the line.

I never said that America created the English language.
You really are the typical liberal. You say something factually incorrect, then blame me for your stupidity
Technocrat » 04 Sep 2014 12:15 pm wrote:
British invented English, you know.

:rofl:
0
ES » 07 Oct 2014 11:23 am wrote:
I've been doing face plants before your lies ever darkened any political forum.

Cannonpointer » 15 Oct 2014 10:46 am wrote:
Facts suck when you're a progressive.

Technocrat » 04 Sep 2014 12:15 pm wrote:
British invented English, you know.
:die:

User avatar
Posted by Technocrat
  28,707 04 Sep 2014, 12:59 pm

Technocrat Alexander Fuckin' Hamilton
User avatar
      
      

Posts: 13,071
Location: New Jersey
Socialist Socialist political affiliation
Politics: Socialist
Gender: Male
Money: 28,707.42



I never said that America created the English language.


It is pretty clear this whole time you had no idea English developed in England. :LOL:

Here is a history lesson for you. Pay attention now, there's gonna be a test.

In late antiquity, the British islands were occupied by the Britons, a subject people of Romans, who partly Romanized the island and its peoples before departing around the 5th century. Some time after the Romans left, in the early Medieval, germanic tribes called the Anglos and the Saxons invaded, conquering the island. In the 11th century, William the Conqueror and the Normans-- ancestors of the Norse of the 9th and 10th centuries--later mixed with the natives after 1066. English as we know it developed in the medieval in the British islands as a Romano-Germanic-Norman French hybrid.

Since England is the point of origin for English, and English is the native language amalgam of the above, yes...the English people did develop English. Thus ends the lesson of what was originally a obviously facetious comment not to be taken literally (as if English is a lightbulb) which you didn't understand (and likely still don't). :LOL:

Too funny I need to explain stuff like this to you like a small child.
Last edited by Technocrat on 04 Sep 2014, 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0

User avatar
Posted by golfboy
  48,014 04 Sep 2014, 1:00 pm

golfboy Liberal Anti-Matter
User avatar
      
      

Posts: 51,295
Conservative Conservative political affiliation
Politics: Conservative
Money: 48,013.50



Technocrat » 04 Sep 2014 12:59 pm wrote:
I never said that America created the English language.


It is pretty clear this whole time you had no idea English developed in England. :LOL:

Here is a history lesson for you. Pay attention now, there's gonna be a test.

In late antiquity, the British islands were occupied by the Britons, a subject people of Romans, who partly Romanized the island and its peoples before departing around the 5th century. Some time after the Romans left, in the early Medieval, germanic tribes called the Anglos and the Saxons invaded, conquering the island. In the 11th century, William the Conqueror and the Normans-- ancestors of the Norse of the 9th and 10th centuries--later mixed with the natives after 1066. English as we know it developed in the medieval in the British islands as a Romano-Germanic-Norman French hybrid.

Thus ends the lesson of what was originally a facetious comment about the British inventing English you didn't understand (and likely still don't). :LOL:

debunked before you even posted it. :rofl:
0
ES » 07 Oct 2014 11:23 am wrote:
I've been doing face plants before your lies ever darkened any political forum.

Cannonpointer » 15 Oct 2014 10:46 am wrote:
Facts suck when you're a progressive.

Technocrat » 04 Sep 2014 12:15 pm wrote:
British invented English, you know.
:die:

User avatar
Posted by Technocrat
  28,707 04 Sep 2014, 1:04 pm

Technocrat Alexander Fuckin' Hamilton
User avatar
      
      

Posts: 13,071
Location: New Jersey
Socialist Socialist political affiliation
Politics: Socialist
Gender: Male
Money: 28,707.42



golfboy » 04 Sep 2014 1:00 pm wrote:
Technocrat » 04 Sep 2014 12:59 pm wrote:
I never said that America created the English language.


It is pretty clear this whole time you had no idea English developed in England. :LOL:

Here is a history lesson for you. Pay attention now, there's gonna be a test.

In late antiquity, the British islands were occupied by the Britons, a subject people of Romans, who partly Romanized the island and its peoples before departing around the 5th century. Some time after the Romans left, in the early Medieval, germanic tribes called the Anglos and the Saxons invaded, conquering the island. In the 11th century, William the Conqueror and the Normans-- ancestors of the Norse of the 9th and 10th centuries--later mixed with the natives after 1066. English as we know it developed in the medieval in the British islands as a Romano-Germanic-Norman French hybrid.

Thus ends the lesson of what was originally a facetious comment about the British inventing English you didn't understand (and likely still don't). :LOL:

debunked before you even posted it. :rofl:


You can't debunk the truth lol. :LOL:

**Shakes head*

Goofball:

1. Thinks Americans created English
2. Doesn't know English developed in the British islands
3. Doesn't know English's origins is in medieval Germanic-Romance Hybridization
4. Can't understand subtle humour and sarcasm

I pity you. But, enough time has been wasted on you. You're clearly too dense for this.
Last edited by Technocrat on 04 Sep 2014, 1:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
0

neue regel's Photo
Posted by neue regel
  1,093 04 Sep 2014, 1:04 pm

neue regel    
   

Posts: 1,156
Conservative Conservative political affiliation
Politics: Conservative
Money: 1,093.03

shintao » 02 Sep 2014 8:49 pm wrote:
NeoConvict » 02 Sep 2014 8:42 pm wrote:
shintao » 02 Sep 2014 8:22 pm wrote:

They could all be replaced in time for the switch to the lunch menu. There is no shortage of unskilled labor
Oh, they could, but at what cost, and what if the new ones join the strike, and next batch, and.......... But yes, I suppose they could be replaced. And how many customers fed up with corporations will stop eating there, how many will be to intimidated to go there? Lot of variables and possibility's in play.

One thing we know, American women don't like being called sluts. I wonder how they feel about low wages?
Most of the waitresses I have known clear $50-100 dollars an hour on the weekends. They would rather be tipped than make hourly without gratuity.
They work at big mac?

Men make up a larger share of the U.S. labor force than women (53%-47%). But among those who earn the minimum wage or less, 62% are women and 38% are men.[/quote]

Of course a skilled server is going to make more...much more than someone who slathers ketchup and mustard in a single with cheese.

That's not particularly shocking.
0

User avatar
Posted by golfboy
  48,014 04 Sep 2014, 1:11 pm

golfboy Liberal Anti-Matter
User avatar
      
      

Posts: 51,295
Conservative Conservative political affiliation
Politics: Conservative
Money: 48,013.50



Technocrat » 04 Sep 2014 1:04 pm wrote:
golfboy » 04 Sep 2014 1:00 pm wrote:
debunked before you even posted it. :rofl:


Holy shit. You STILL don't get it, haha. But now we can add "historically ignorant' to the list of your character traits. Thanks for letting us know.

Shakes head* :LOL:

1. Thinks Americans created English
2. Doesn't know English developed in the British islands
3. Doesn't know English is a Germanic-Romance Hybrid
4. Can't understand subtle humour and sarcasm

I pity you.

Now this moron, after having his "Britian invented English" claim shoved up his ass has to:
1) Claim I think something I clearly do not.
2) Thinks English developed in the British islands despite history.
3) Thinks everyone else is as ignorant as he is.
4) Claims his inaccuracy is now just "humour and sarasm".
:die:

Sorry dumbass, but the Germans brought English to Britain when they invaded.
0
ES » 07 Oct 2014 11:23 am wrote:
I've been doing face plants before your lies ever darkened any political forum.

Cannonpointer » 15 Oct 2014 10:46 am wrote:
Facts suck when you're a progressive.

Technocrat » 04 Sep 2014 12:15 pm wrote:
British invented English, you know.
:die:

User avatar
Posted by Technocrat
  28,707 04 Sep 2014, 2:00 pm

Technocrat Alexander Fuckin' Hamilton
User avatar
      
      

Posts: 13,071
Location: New Jersey
Socialist Socialist political affiliation
Politics: Socialist
Gender: Male
Money: 28,707.42




Sorry dumbass, but the Germans brought English to Britain when they invaded.


Your error is assuming that English is merely Anglo-Saxon. That's highly misleading. English as we know it is actually an extended development of distinct traditions: Latin, Anglo-Saxon German, and Norse (Norman french) broken into three big periods: Old English, Middle English, and Modern English.

The anglo-saxon component is the earliest contribution to English, as I said, from 8th-10th century. They mixed with the native semi-Romanized populations and spoke what we call "Old English." Which is nothing like modern English or even Middle English. Their contribution's often reflect the guttural, mono-syllabic words today (ie good, to, house, fuck, etc).

By the 11th century onward, we see massive changes in the language away from its germanic root. This is known as Middle English, and lasted until approximately the 15th century and was the product of two cultures intermixing on the Island
By that time Latin, Old Norse (the language of the Viking invaders), and especially the Anglo-Norman French of the dominant class after the Norman Conquest in 1066 had begun to have a substantial impact on the lexicon, and the well-developed inflectional system that typifies the grammar of Old English had begun to break down
. The changes are so significant in fact, the Language becomes nearly completely unrecognizable except for base words and some grammar
[The] change ha[d] so transformed English that we must look carefully to
find points of resemblance between the language of the tenth century and our own


According to Merriam-Webster, modern English is very clearly not Anglo-Saxon and developed within England as a result of the amalgamation of different linguistic traditions after 1066.
English was not brought to England. A component of modern English--we call Old English-- was, which then had additional components brought to the island from Norman France,which blended with and supplanted traditions existing to form something very different, yet combinatoric. Middle English is not Old English, and Modern English is not Middle English. Modern English is the evolution of the language through all these periods.

So yes, once again, I am right, as always. . British English is a creation of the peoples who lived in the British Islands. British as a people and English as a language are themselves a confluence of many cultures that came in contact on the island, each bringing a separate component that together, formed Modern English.

lol. Again, nothing untrue. British "invented" English lol.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/help/faq/history.htm
Last edited by Technocrat on 04 Sep 2014, 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1

User avatar
Posted by golfboy
  48,014 04 Sep 2014, 2:04 pm

golfboy Liberal Anti-Matter
User avatar
      
      

Posts: 51,295
Conservative Conservative political affiliation
Politics: Conservative
Money: 48,013.50



Technocrat » 04 Sep 2014 2:00 pm wrote:
Your error is assuming that English is merely Anglo-Saxon german. That's highly misleading.

Really? Where'd I say that?
Oh wait... I didn't. You're still trying to justify your stupid "Britian invented English" claim.
0
ES » 07 Oct 2014 11:23 am wrote:
I've been doing face plants before your lies ever darkened any political forum.

Cannonpointer » 15 Oct 2014 10:46 am wrote:
Facts suck when you're a progressive.

Technocrat » 04 Sep 2014 12:15 pm wrote:
British invented English, you know.
:die:

User avatar
Posted by onlyaladd
  5,161 04 Sep 2014, 2:11 pm

onlyaladd User avatar
      
      

Posts: 22,016
Anarchist Anarchist political affiliation
Politics: Anarchist
Gender: Male
Money: 5,160.64



golfboy » 04 Sep 2014 2:04 pm wrote:
Really? Where'd I say that?
Oh wait... I didn't. You're still trying to justify your stupid "Britian invented English" claim.

Good god. You can't be that stupid. He already smashed you.
0
"Europe’s a big place," he said. "I’m not going to take cards off the the table. We have nuclear capability.'
Trump discussing nuking Europe.

User avatar
Posted by Technocrat
  28,707 04 Sep 2014, 2:12 pm

Technocrat Alexander Fuckin' Hamilton
User avatar
      
      

Posts: 13,071
Location: New Jersey
Socialist Socialist political affiliation
Politics: Socialist
Gender: Male
Money: 28,707.42



golfboy » 04 Sep 2014 2:04 pm wrote:
Technocrat » 04 Sep 2014 2:00 pm wrote:
Your error is assuming that English is merely Anglo-Saxon german. That's highly misleading.

Really? Where'd I say that?
Oh wait... I didn't. You're still trying to justify your stupid "Britian invented English" claim.


Holy shit. You're the worst liar on top of being retarded. You clearly said: "the Germans brought English to Britain." Now you are saying you didn't say they brought English.
Since the Germans you speak of were largely the Anglo-Saxons, yes, you're saying Anglo Saxons brought English, and that's that. Call it a day!. But they didn't. They brought a component of English that combined with Latin to form Old English, but then massively mixed with Norman French to form...Modern English...on the island.

The British people DID create English, stupid. You're just too dumb to understand what that actually means. lol.
Last edited by Technocrat on 04 Sep 2014, 2:20 pm, edited 6 times in total.
0


PreviousNext

Return to No Holds Barred Political Forum

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests

Who has visited this topic