Islam vs Christianity: Objectively, which value system is better?

Started by Pregnar Kraps

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules

PreviousNext
262 replies to this topic Sticky this thread

Posted by danobivins
  15,891 16 May 2015, 4:53 pm

danobivins User avatar

Independent Independent political affiliation
Politics: N/A
Money: 15,891.26

Pregnar Kraps » 16 May 2015 4:51 pm wrote:

Last chance before I request you be banned from this thread.

Laffin.
FUCK YOU YOU TROLL ASSHOLE MF,Er!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*All muslims are Jihadists...larry12

*A person with Spanish ancestry is not a member of the white race* ...redrock/southern independant

*Hillary's e-mails is far worse than Nixon's crimes" ...neoconvict

*Factcheck.org is a lying liberal site* *It's illegal to flash your brights*.... golfbot

Posted by Pregnar Kraps
  2,233 16 May 2015, 4:55 pm

Pregnar Kraps User avatar
Afraid to Disrespect the Prophet

Money: 2,232.90

Cannonpointer » 16 May 2015 4:32 pm wrote:

Doctrine, you fucking monkey?

Human sacrifice is acceptable - the fact that God spared this PARTICULAR instance is irrelevant. God could and did command it here, so it cannot be called wrong:

"Take your son, your only son – yes, Isaac, whom you love so much – and go to the land of Moriah. Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains, which I will point out to you."
Genesis 22:1-18

There's a LOT of rape. Here's a bit:

They attacked Midian just as the LORD had commanded Moses, and they killed all the men. All five of the Midianite kings – Evi, Rekem, Zur, Hur, and Reba – died in the battle. They also killed Balaam son of Beor with the sword. Then the Israelite army captured the Midianite women and children and seized their cattle and flocks and all their wealth as plunder. They burned all the towns and villages where the Midianites had lived. After they had gathered the plunder and captives, both people and animals, they brought them all to Moses and Eleazar the priest, and to the whole community of Israel, which was camped on the plains of Moab beside the Jordan River, across from Jericho.

Moses, Eleazar the priest, and all the leaders of the people went to meet them outside the camp. But Moses was furious with all the military commanders who had returned from the battle. "Why have you let all the women live?" he demanded. "These are the very ones who followed Balaam's advice and caused the people of Israel to rebel against the LORD at Mount Peor. They are the ones who caused the plague to strike the LORD's people. Now kill all the boys and all the women who have slept with a man. Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep them for yourselves. Numbers 31:7-18 NLT

Murder is all over your stinking bible. Killing unbvelievers, gays, witches, yu fuckking name it. We are looking at DOCTRINES, NOW, not followers - your demand, ass hat. Christians are gay-murderers and witch killers:

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT

You should not let a sorceress live. Exodus 22:17 NAB

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." Leviticus 20:13 NAB

Christians believe in genocide against gypsies:

A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. Leviticus 20:27 NAB

Christians burn any girl who gets laid before she's married:

A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. Leviticus 21:9 NAB

Kill the Entire Town if One Person Worships Another God:

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT

Christians kill people for working on the sabbath:

The LORD then gave these further instructions to Moses: 'Tell the people of Israel to keep my Sabbath day, for the Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you forever. It helps you to reme[i]ll the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT[/i]

The Christian God murders snotty children:

From there Elisha went up to Bethel. While he was on his way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him. "Go up baldhead," they shouted, "go up baldhead!" The prophet turned and saw them, and he cursed them in the name of the Lord. Then two shebears came out of the woods and tore forty two of the children to pieces. 2 Kings 2:23-24 NAB

The Christian god kills the curious:

And he smote of the men of Beth-shemesh, because they had looked into the ark of Jehovah, he smote of the people seventy men, `and' fifty thousand men; and the people mourned, because Jehovah had smitten the people with a great slaughter. And the men of Beth-shemesh said, Who is able to stand before Jehovah, this holy God? and to whom shall he go up from us? 1Samuel 6:19-20 ASV

The Christian god kills men who refuse to strike his prophets:

Meanwhile, the LORD instructed one of the group of prophets to say to another man, "Strike me!" But the man refused to strike the prophet. Then the prophet told him, "Because you have not obeyed the voice of the LORD, a lion will kill you as soon as you leave me." And sure enough, when he had gone, a lion attacked and killed him. 1 Kings 20:35-36 NLT

The Christian god murders men for being good samaritans:

The ark of God was placed on a new cart and taken away from the house of Abinadab on the hill. Uzzah and Ahio, sons of Abinadab guided the cart, with Ahio walking before it, while David and all the Israelites made merry before the Lord with all their strength, with singing and with citharas, harps, tambourines, sistrums, and cymbals. When they came to the threshing floor of Nodan, Uzzah reached out his hand to the ark of God to steady it, for the oxen were making it tip. But the Lord was angry with Uzzah; God struck him on that spot, and he died there before God. 2 Samuel 6:3-7 NAB

Are you saying those things are what Jesus instructed Christians, until the end of time, to do and that that is what they should emulate?

Please post citations of that assertion by Jesus if that is what you are saying.
"This level of arrogance preceded the recent pogrom in nazi germany. These israeli scum need to learn this is america." - Cannonpointer

Muslims who engage in jihad can find the legitimacy to do so in the Quran. Christians who engage in any violence are betraying Christianity”s teachings and can find no legitimacy to do what they do in the New Testament.

Posted by Cannonpointer
  14,685 16 May 2015, 4:55 pm

Cannonpointer Sacred Cow Tipper
98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

Insurrectionist Insurrectionist political affiliation
Politics: Insurrectionist
Money: 14,685.31

So you are against Christianity, then?

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. Exodus 22:19 NAB

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. 2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT
Only the weakest ideas must be protected from debate, and only religions declare people heretics.

Humanity's law of the jungle: survival of the tribe
Money is a theory until spent - then a value statement

When your map disputes the territory, it's your map that is wrong.
Where there's much sizzle, expect little steak
Honesty is intentional - lies are the lazy way out

Nostalgia is a crime against what happened
You cannot betray me - only yourself, to me

Posted by Pregnar Kraps
  2,233 16 May 2015, 4:57 pm

danobivins » 16 May 2015 4:53 pm wrote:

Laffin.
FUCK YOU YOU TROLL ASSHOLE MF,Er!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, now we are getting somewhere.

For you this represents progress.
"This level of arrogance preceded the recent pogrom in nazi germany. These israeli scum need to learn this is america." - Cannonpointer

Muslims who engage in jihad can find the legitimacy to do so in the Quran. Christians who engage in any violence are betraying Christianity”s teachings and can find no legitimacy to do what they do in the New Testament.

Posted by Cannonpointer
  14,685 16 May 2015, 4:58 pm

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

Pregnar Kraps » 16 May 2015 4:55 pm wrote:

Are you saying those things are what Jesus instructed Christians, until the end of time, to do and that that is what they should emulate?

Please post citations of that assertion by Jesus if that is what you are saying.

Her is Jesus INCORPORATING the words of the OT into his teachings:

Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished.… Mathew 5:17,18 NIV

Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword! Mathew 10:34 NIV
Only the weakest ideas must be protected from debate, and only religions declare people heretics.

Posted by Pregnar Kraps
  2,233 16 May 2015, 4:58 pm

danobivins » 16 May 2015 4:56 pm wrote:

HMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...which is better, which is better.....

Oooops, looks like I spoke too soon.

Now which button should I depress to report a naughty poster?

Posted by Cannonpointer
  14,685 16 May 2015, 5:00 pm

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

Pregnar Kraps » 16 May 2015 4:58 pm wrote:

Don't fucking copy his word for starters. When you reply, REPLACE.

Posted by Cannonpointer
  14,685 16 May 2015, 5:02 pm

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

Pregnar Kraps » 16 May 2015 4:58 pm wrote:

Also, try spending some money of you want to keep the trollage down. 500 rep points gets you senior mod control powers in your thread, but purchasing a peanut gallery thread. Here, I will contribute - but don't take it for agreement, you asshat.

Posted by Pregnar Kraps
  2,233 16 May 2015, 5:04 pm

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN, THIS MESSAGE WAS JUST SENT TO THE MODERATOR:

Dano, after several requests, continues to post off topic, trollish and disruptive posts.

I issued a warning as the thread OP and he continues to disrupt the thread.

I said that further violations would result in my requesting thread bans for the violators.

Help me to police my thread, please.

Thank you.

PK

Posted by Cannonpointer
  14,685 16 May 2015, 5:07 pm

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

Pregnar Kraps » 16 May 2015 4:49 pm wrote:

Is that consistent with Jesus' marching orders to Christians?

Citations, please.

Again, Jesus was very clear and very careful to inclorporate the entire OT in his teacings. Not one JOT OR ONE TITTLE shall pass away from the law until all these things be accomplished.

You want ala carte christianity, ass face, then you have to accept ala carte islam.

Brattle Street's Photo
Posted by Brattle Street
  15,015 16 May 2015, 5:07 pm

Brattle Street       

Money: 15,015.34

Pregnar Kraps » 16 May 2015 1:16 pm wrote:

Let's say you were creating a value system to govern all of humanity. Which value system would you choose?

Islamic or Christian?

I invite you to use these very generalized descriptions as a form of shorthand to understand the differences.

Islamic: Deceit, lying, cheating, raping, stealing, aggression, slavery, female genital mutilation, bigotry, intimidation, pedophilia, conquest, terrorism and murder are not only acceptable, but promoted, glorified, justified and commanded to be practiced.

Christian: The Golden Rule...do unto others as you would have them do unto you. And love your neighbor as yourself.

Which value system do you believe is better? And which one would you select to apply to all people on Earth if it was in your power to choose?

what a brainwashed idiotic amateur propagandist. this is too stupid even to have come from the drivel of horowitz and pipes.

my system would require you to wear a tattoo on your head that says "dunce", you idiot.
you are not qualified, junior. your pretense to scholarship is so pitiful that it earns nothing more than laughter.
try to realize that there are millions of people in the world that are more qualified to think, than you.

and give up your fascist idea that people should believe what you believe... while absorbing the concept that you cannot prove that god even exists, let alone that the nature god must exist according to what your little brain can conceive. If you walk the walk, no talking is necessary.
every drop onto a heart of stone helps erode the outer and approach the inner.

Well. how do you figure they were so frikken dumb to be slaves for centuries? sorta tells me their is some sort of genetic deficiency there. –– crimson gulf

Posted by Pregnar Kraps
  2,233 16 May 2015, 5:07 pm

Cannonpointer » 16 May 2015 5:02 pm wrote:

Also, try spemding some money of you want to keep the trollage down. 500 rep points gets you senior mod control powers in your thread, but purchasing a peanut gallery thread. Here, I will contribute - but don't take it for agreement, you asshat.

I don't know about all of that stuff.

I just want to intellectually explore the topic as posted in the first post of this (otherwise) fine thread.

Here's a reminder.

Pregnar Kraps » 16 May 2015 1:16 pm wrote:

Let's say you were creating a value system to govern all of humanity. Which value system would you choose?

Islamic or Christian?

I invite you to use these very generalized descriptions as a form of shorthand to understand the differences.

Islamic: Deceit, lying, cheating, raping, stealing, aggression, slavery, female genital mutilation, bigotry, intimidation, pedophilia, conquest, terrorism and murder are not only acceptable, but promoted, glorified, justified and commanded to be practiced.

Christian: The Golden Rule...do unto others as you would have them do unto you. And love your neighbor as yourself.

Which value system do you believe is better? And which one would you select to apply to all people on Earth if it was in your power to choose?

Posted by Cannonpointer
  14,685 16 May 2015, 5:08 pm

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

Pregnar Kraps » 16 May 2015 5:04 pm wrote:
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN, THIS MESSAGE WAS JUST SENT TO THE MODERATOR:

Let's be clear. Truthwarrior is keeping pace with danno.

I will not respect partisan whining.

Posted by Cannonpointer
  14,685 16 May 2015, 5:11 pm

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

Pregnar Kraps » 16 May 2015 5:07 pm wrote:
I don't know about all of that stuff.

Learn about it. I am hitting you with cash, Start the fucking thread over if you like - only do it as a peanut gallery thread. Here are the instructions:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10573&p=367240&hilit=Peanut+Gallery#p367240

Posted by Cannonpointer
  14,685 16 May 2015, 5:14 pm

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

Danno and truthwarrior, please read and respect the thread author's many requests of you. Stop spamming the thread and try THINKING instead of finding other people's thoughts and copy-pasting.

Posted by Pregnar Kraps
  2,233 16 May 2015, 5:16 pm

Cannonpointer » 16 May 2015 5:14 pm wrote:
Danno and truthwarrior, please read and respect the thread author's many requests of you. Stop spamming the thread and try THINKING instead of finding other people's thoughts and copy-pasting.

Thanks for the assist.

:wave:

PK

Posted by Cannonpointer
  14,685 16 May 2015, 5:19 pm

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

Pregnar Kraps » 16 May 2015 5:16 pm wrote:

Thanks for the assist.

:wave:

PK

You have - or will have soon - over 1000 rep points. 500 buys a peanut gallery thread, and you can eject ass hats on your own.

Posted by danobivins
  15,891 16 May 2015, 5:21 pm

danobivins User avatar

Money: 15,891.26

Cannonpointer » 16 May 2015 5:14 pm wrote:

Which value system is better? I,m supposed to take this shit seriously? Anyone is? this cheatmark on humanity has dumped tons of propaganda on the forum about Israel and how it,s morally superior to the Muslims world, how we need to hate muslims, how muslims never existed in Palestine and the Israelis were there forever and those nasty killer cockroach muslims need to be eradicated and NOW we,re supposed to take him seriously when he poses a loaded, insincere, troll question>?
Just read the tripe from lawwy and him in the God is the moral way thread or whatever the hell it,s called.
He wanted a pissing match, he got it. Now he smells like urine.p
*All muslims are Jihadists...larry12

*A person with Spanish ancestry is not a member of the white race* ...redrock/southern independant

*Hillary's e-mails is far worse than Nixon's crimes" ...neoconvict

*Factcheck.org is a lying liberal site* *It's illegal to flash your brights*.... golfbot

Posted by Cannonpointer
  14,685 16 May 2015, 5:25 pm

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

danobivins » 16 May 2015 5:21 pm wrote:
Which value system is better? I,m supposed to take this shit seriously? Anyone is? this cheatmark on humanity has dumped tons of propaganda on the forum about Israel and how it,s morally superior to the Muslims world, how we need to hate muslims, how muslims never existed in Palestine and the Israelis were there forever and those nasty killer cockroach muslims need to be eradicated and NOW we,re supposed to take him seriously when he poses a loaded, insincere, troll question>?
Just read the tripe from lawwy and him in the God is the moral way thread or whatever the hell it,s called.

You won't get any disagreement from me - he's an asshat's asshat. If all the villages of all the world cast out their village idiots and those village idiots formed a new village, he would be that village of idiots' village idiot.

danobivins » 16 May 2015 5:21 pm wrote:
He wanted a pissing match, he got it. Now he smells like urine.p

LOFL. Getting PK to smell like urine is not an accomplishment - its a redundancy.

That said, let's give the assclown what he seeks - and watch how fast he moves the goal posts.

Posted by Pregnar Kraps
  2,233 16 May 2015, 5:25 pm

Cannonpointer » 16 May 2015 5:19 pm wrote:

You have - or will have soon - over 1000 rep points. 500 buys a peanut gallery thread, and you can eject ass hats on your own.

In addition to not recalling exactly where and how I could opt for such a thing(s), my (neo) Conservative instincts and just general principles object to spending that kind of money to educate one recalcitrant retard who is ONLY acting out because he knows Islam has nothing else to recommend it.

Other than pointing fingers at how bad some Christians are, he's got nothing else to contribute to the discussion.

It's like when I used to play chess with my sister and when she was beating me and I knew I'd lost, I'd reach a point where I'd just knock over ALL the pieces on the board.

Immaturity.
Last edited by Pregnar Kraps on 16 May 2015, 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Return to No Holds Barred Political Forum