I used to be a regular guy

Started by larryc12

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules

Next
51 replies to this topic Sticky this thread

larryc12's Photo
Posted by larryc12
  14,513 19 Apr 2017, 10:04 am

larryc12       

Conservative Conservative political affiliation
Politics: Conservative
Money: 14,513.25

I used to think I was just a regular guy, but… I was born white, which now, whether I like it or not, makes me a
racist. I am a fiscal and moral conservative, which by today's standards, makes me a fascist. I am heterosexual, which according to gay folks, now makes me homophobic. I am non-union, which makes me a traitor to the working class and an ally of big business. I am a Christian, which now labels me as an infidel. I believe in the 2nd Amendment, which now makes me a member of the vast gun lobby. I think and I reason, therefore I doubt much that the mainstream media tells me, which must make me a reactionary. I am proud of my heritage and our inclusive American culture, which makes me a xenophobe. I value my safety and that of my family and I appreciate the police and the legal system, which makes me a right-wing extremist. I believe in hard work, fair play, and fair compensation according to each individual's merits, which today makes me anti-social. I believe in the defense and protection of the homeland for and by all citizens, which now makes me a militant. Recently, a sick old woman called me and my friends a “basket of deplorables”. Please help me come to terms with the new me . . . because I'm just not sure who I am anymore! I would like to thank all my friends for sticking with me through these abrupt, new found changes in my life and my thinking! I just can't imagine or understand what's happened to me so quickly! Funny . . . it's all just taken place over the last 7 or 8 years! As if all this crap wasn't enough to deal with. I'm now afraid to go into either restroom!

Termin8tor's Photo
Posted by Termin8tor
  3,973 19 Apr 2017, 10:17 am

Termin8tor      

Money: 3,973.10

larryc12 » 19 Apr 2017 10:04 am wrote:
I used to think I was just a regular guy, but… I was born white, which now, whether I like it or not, makes me a
racist. I am a fiscal and moral conservative, which by today's standards, makes me a fascist. I am heterosexual, which according to gay folks, now makes me homophobic. I am non-union, which makes me a traitor to the working class and an ally of big business. I am a Christian, which now labels me as an infidel. I believe in the 2nd Amendment, which now makes me a member of the vast gun lobby. I think and I reason, therefore I doubt much that the mainstream media tells me, which must make me a reactionary. I am proud of my heritage and our inclusive American culture, which makes me a xenophobe. I value my safety and that of my family and I appreciate the police and the legal system, which makes me a right-wing extremist. I believe in hard work, fair play, and fair compensation according to each individual's merits, which today makes me anti-social. I believe in the defense and protection of the homeland for and by all citizens, which now makes me a militant. Recently, a sick old woman called me and my friends a “basket of deplorables”. Please help me come to terms with the new me . . . because I'm just not sure who I am anymore! I would like to thank all my friends for sticking with me through these abrupt, new found changes in my life and my thinking! I just can't imagine or understand what's happened to me so quickly! Funny . . . it's all just taken place over the last 7 or 8 years! As if all this crap wasn't enough to deal with. I'm now afraid to go into either restroom!

You're obviously un-American and ought to be exiled in favor of a transgender Somali! :x

Ask any liberal.

Posted by Huey
  10,919 19 Apr 2017, 10:22 am

Huey User avatar

Liberacon Liberacon political affiliation
Politics: Liberacon
Money: 10,919.29

You may have to use your mandates mental health coverage.
An example of left wing arrogance:
onlyaladd » 09 Nov 2016 9:37 am wrote:
Notice all the low performing, uneducated states swung this election? Why should those who have failed lead those who succeeded?
Time to go to popular vote. Now you deplorables get to joyfully defend the biggest liar in political history for 4 years.
http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/
Good luck morons, you asked for this.

Posted by Annoyed Liberall
  8,024 19 Apr 2017, 10:34 am

Annoyed Liberall User avatar
Hot Little Twist
Hot Little Twist

Liberal Liberal political affiliation
Politics: Liberal
Money: 8,023.97

This whole thing is pretty silly.
Also, you need to give the original author credit.

Termin8tor's Photo
Posted by Termin8tor
  3,973 19 Apr 2017, 10:36 am

Termin8tor      

Money: 3,973.10

Annoyed Liberall » 19 Apr 2017 10:34 am wrote:

It isn't silly at all. It reflects the powerful liberal intolerance and leftist values expressed daily.

People's careers are ruined for no reason.

8,024 19 Apr 2017, 10:44 am

Hot Little Twist
Hot Little Twist

Termin8tor » 19 Apr 2017 10:36 am wrote:

It isn't silly at all. It reflects the powerful liberal intolerance and leftist values expressed daily.

I can just imagine how hard it is for you to be polite to others.
Don't worry, I get it.

Posted by Redrock
  3,067 19 Apr 2017, 10:46 am

Redrock User avatar

Money: 3,067.04

You are one messed up dude! :cool:

larryc12's Photo
Posted by larryc12
  14,513 19 Apr 2017, 4:15 pm

larryc12       

Really? I've been accused of just about the entire list. The left loves characterizing the opposition as all those things.

Oh, shoot! I forgot. My bad. It was Santa Claus. :D Think he'll sue me?

larryc12's Photo
Posted by larryc12
  14,513 19 Apr 2017, 4:29 pm

larryc12       

Redrock » 19 Apr 2017 10:46 am wrote:
You are one messed up dude! :cool:

No shit, man. This country, I guess, is in dire, deep shit. Just look at the elections last fall and all the horrific racists and phobes holding key offices around the country. We're doomed!

larryc12's Photo
Posted by larryc12
  14,513 19 Apr 2017, 4:31 pm

larryc12       

Huey » 19 Apr 2017 10:22 am wrote:
You may have to use your mandates mental health coverage.

Nope. I'm going to tough this journey out. They'll say I'm no longer fit to have firearms. :shock:

larryc12's Photo
Posted by larryc12
  14,513 19 Apr 2017, 4:32 pm

larryc12       

Termin8tor » 19 Apr 2017 10:17 am wrote:

You're obviously un-American and ought to be exiled in favor of a transgender Somali! :x

Ask any liberal.

No, I'm too afraid of liberals. It'll just make things worse. :)

Independent's Photo
Posted by Independent
  7,808 19 Apr 2017, 7:21 pm

Independent       

Independent Independent political affiliation
Politics: N/A
Money: 7,807.69

You just described why Trump won.

Posted by nefarious101
  16,426 19 Apr 2017, 7:22 pm

nefarious101 User avatar

Money: 16,425.66

you will remain a regular guy as long as you have plenty of fiber in your diet

larryc12's Photo
Posted by larryc12
  14,513 19 Apr 2017, 7:26 pm

larryc12       

nefarious101 » 19 Apr 2017 7:22 pm wrote:
you will remain a regular guy as long as you have plenty of fiber in your diet

Well, that's a good point. :D

Posted by Misty
  21,602 19 Apr 2017, 8:47 pm

Misty User avatar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Money: 21,601.97

I used to think I was just a regular guy, but… I was born white, which now, whether I like it or not, makes me a racist.........

You left out this line, "I am older than 70 and retired, which makes me a useless old man."

That one didn't fit, huh?
“She was warned. She was given an explanation.
Nevertheless, she persisted.”

Posted by nuckin futz
  19,457 19 Apr 2017, 8:58 pm

nuckin futz User avatar

Politics: Independent
Money: 19,456.51

Termin8tor » 19 Apr 2017 10:36 am wrote:

Is this reverse McCarthyism? GOEBBELS? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people

Posted by Cannonpointer
  20,587 19 Apr 2017, 11:00 pm

Cannonpointer Sacred Cow Tipper
98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

Insurrectionist Insurrectionist political affiliation
Politics: Insurrectionist
Money: 20,586.50

You're a weak kneed, hypocritical, torture supporting cunt is what you are, lyin' lar.
Only the weakest ideas must be protected from debate, and only religions declare people heretics.

Humanity's law of the jungle: survival of the tribe
Money is a theory until spent - then a value statement

When your map disputes the territory, it's your map that is wrong.
Where there's much sizzle, expect little steak
Honesty is intentional - lies are the lazy way out

Nostalgia is a crime against what happened
You cannot betray me - only yourself, to me

8,024 20 Apr 2017, 7:07 am

Hot Little Twist
Hot Little Twist

larryc12 » 19 Apr 2017 4:15 pm wrote:

Really? I've been accused of just about the entire list. The left loves characterizing the opposition as all those things.

I am also all those things in the OP and I have never been accused of anything.
Maybe it's because of my actions?

Posted by Huey
  10,919 20 Apr 2017, 11:01 am

Huey User avatar

Liberacon Liberacon political affiliation
Politics: Liberacon
Money: 10,919.29

Yes, then you must agree things like this are pretty silly:

When Kennesaw State University held an event last week on privilege and interracial relations, it asked “those who identify as white” to go to one room and “those who identify as people of color” to go to another.
“The goal of the workshop, which was led by an outside expert, was to foster learning and create an environment of understanding and support for one another,” said Kennesaw State University spokeswoman Tammy DeMel. “Attendees were asked to work together and then were invited to join the group with which they identify.”
The April 13 event “is being mischaracterized” as segregation, DeMel added.
The event, a workshop called “Being, Becoming and Fostering Allies: Building Relationships Across Privilege,” was taught by two psychology professors and one grad student from the University of Massachusetts, as well as a Kennesaw State University professor.
In it, students learned about becoming an ally for less privileged people, as well as “the essential roles of self-reflection, cultural humility, and re-engagement after failures.”
Kennesaw State University is the latest to grapple with the implications of separating students by race. In the last academic year, the University of Wisconsin-Madison, the University of Michigan, and Concordia University all found themselves facing accusations of segregation after they held events divided by race or focused on one particular racial group.
https://heatst.com/culture-wars/for-its ... s-by-race/

And of course this is silly:

The University of Wisconsin, which has come under scrutiny from state legislators for offering a controversial spring course on “The Problem of Whiteness,” recently hosted a workshop titled “White Privilege 101.”
College Fix reports that the university’s Multicultural Student Center sponsored the gathering, which “encouraged attendees to understand the concept of privilege and acknowledge the privilege that comes with their identities.”
The workshop was led by “social justice educator” Khaled Ismail, who spoke to the Daily Cardinal about how “white-identified people” could learn about their privilege.
“The goal of this workshop was to engage white-identified people in a conversation about what is their experience in the world; what does this experience look like in relation to others around them and what can we all start doing to create a more equitable campus experience and community around this,” Ismail said.
In the coming weeks, Ismail and the university’s Multicultural Student Center will host a three-day “Social Justice Leadership Retreat” where students will be educated about “the concepts of social justice and racial justice by exploring their own stories and the stories of others, and how these intersect with issues of oppression and privilege.”
https://heatst.com/politics/wisconsin-white-privilege/

Wait, there is more:

http://www.uua.org/re/tapestry/adults/b ... 6134.shtml

And of course:

Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton addresses the NAACP's annual convention Monday in Cincinnati.

HILLARY CLINTON: We need to recognize our privilege and practice humility rather than assume that our experiences are everyone’s experiences. We all need to try as best we can to walk in one another’s shoes, to imagine what it would be like to sit our son or daughter down and have the talk about how carefully they need to act around police because the slightest wrong move could get them hurt or even killed.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... cists.html
An example of left wing arrogance:
onlyaladd » 09 Nov 2016 9:37 am wrote:
Notice all the low performing, uneducated states swung this election? Why should those who have failed lead those who succeeded?
Time to go to popular vote. Now you deplorables get to joyfully defend the biggest liar in political history for 4 years.
http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/
Good luck morons, you asked for this.

8,024 20 Apr 2017, 11:03 am

Hot Little Twist
Hot Little Twist

Huey » 20 Apr 2017 11:01 am wrote:

Yes, then you must agree things like this are pretty silly:

When Kennesaw State University held an event last week on privilege and interracial relations, it asked “those who identify as white” to go to one room and “those who identify as people of color” to go to another.
“The goal of the workshop, which was led by an outside expert, was to foster learning and create an environment of understanding and support for one another,” said Kennesaw State University spokeswoman Tammy DeMel. “Attendees were asked to work together and then were invited to join the group with which they identify.”
The April 13 event “is being mischaracterized” as segregation, DeMel added.
The event, a workshop called “Being, Becoming and Fostering Allies: Building Relationships Across Privilege,” was taught by two psychology professors and one grad student from the University of Massachusetts, as well as a Kennesaw State University professor.
In it, students learned about becoming an ally for less privileged people, as well as “the essential roles of self-reflection, cultural humility, and re-engagement after failures.”
Kennesaw State University is the latest to grapple with the implications of separating students by race. In the last academic year, the University of Wisconsin-Madison, the University of Michigan, and Concordia University all found themselves facing accusations of segregation after they held events divided by race or focused on one particular racial group.
https://heatst.com/culture-wars/for-its ... s-by-race/

And of course this is silly:

The University of Wisconsin, which has come under scrutiny from state legislators for offering a controversial spring course on “The Problem of Whiteness,” recently hosted a workshop titled “White Privilege 101.”
College Fix reports that the university’s Multicultural Student Center sponsored the gathering, which “encouraged attendees to understand the concept of privilege and acknowledge the privilege that comes with their identities.”
The workshop was led by “social justice educator” Khaled Ismail, who spoke to the Daily Cardinal about how “white-identified people” could learn about their privilege.
“The goal of this workshop was to engage white-identified people in a conversation about what is their experience in the world; what does this experience look like in relation to others around them and what can we all start doing to create a more equitable campus experience and community around this,” Ismail said.
In the coming weeks, Ismail and the university’s Multicultural Student Center will host a three-day “Social Justice Leadership Retreat” where students will be educated about “the concepts of social justice and racial justice by exploring their own stories and the stories of others, and how these intersect with issues of oppression and privilege.”
https://heatst.com/politics/wisconsin-white-privilege/

Wait, there is more:

http://www.uua.org/re/tapestry/adults/b ... 6134.shtml

And of course:

Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton addresses the NAACP's annual convention Monday in Cincinnati.

HILLARY CLINTON: We need to recognize our privilege and practice humility rather than assume that our experiences are everyone’s experiences. We all need to try as best we can to walk in one another’s shoes, to imagine what it would be like to sit our son or daughter down and have the talk about how carefully they need to act around police because the slightest wrong move could get them hurt or even killed.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... cists.html

Why must I agree that's silly as well?
Apples and oranges

Next

Return to No Holds Barred Political Forum