Will North Korea Launch a Nuke?

Started by roadkill

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules

Previous
61 replies to this topic Sticky this thread

Posted by Huey
  10,451 10 Aug 2017, 9:46 am

Huey Proud Reinstated Member of the Misty Ignore List

Liberacon Liberacon political affiliation
Politics: Liberacon
Money: 10,451.39

I believe we can't discount the possibility that this is just another shakedown by fat boy. Under Daddy Bush his dad got the US to remove nukes from South Korea. Under Clinton he shook us down for 4 billion dollars. Under shrub he got sanctions lifted and got removed fro the terror list. Under Barry they got food aide.

All deals contingent on NK giving up its nuclear program. Next, if in fact he is nuts enough to pop off a nuke he has to deal with China and Russia. Both of which voted for sanctions earlier this week. NK is China's buffer zone with us in the region. Also, I can't see us committing nuclear pre-emption. We have 30,000 or so troops in SK. Japan is not far to the east. The fallout has to go somewhere. Now a non nuclear strike is possible. But I am no expert in nukes so I wonder if one could go off.

I hope I am right.
Remember, when posting to this forum EVERTHING is about, and centers around, Misty
Misty » 20 Aug 2017 6:17 pm wrote:
Wrong CP.
It's always about me.

Posted by NeoConvict
  19,418 10 Aug 2017, 9:53 am

NeoConvict User avatar

Conservative Conservative political affiliation
Politics: Conservative
Money: 19,417.57

Huey » 10 Aug 2017 9:46 am wrote:
I believe we can't discount the possibility that this is just another shakedown by fat boy. Under Daddy Bush his dad got the US to remove nukes from South Korea. Under Clinton he shook us down for 4 billion dollars. Under shrub he got sanctions lifted and got removed fro the terror list. Under Barry they got food aide.

All deals contingent on NK giving up its nuclear program. Next, if in fact he is nuts enough to pop off a nuke he has to deal with China and Russia. Both of which voted for sanctions earlier this week. NK is China's buffer zone with us in the region. Also, I can't see us committing nuclear pre-emption. We have 30,000 or so troops in SK. Japan is not far to the east. The fallout has to go somewhere. Now a non nuclear strike is possible. But I am no expert in nukes so I wonder if one could go off.

I hope I am right.

Fallout could be minimized by using neutron devices. Extremely high radiation with a half life in hours rather than years. Side benefit is such devices would render conventional artillery useless if they are electronic. All that would be left under the target could be swept up with a broom and any infrastructure would remain intact.
"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

-George Orwell, 1984

Previous

Return to No Holds Barred Political Forum