Irma took a dump on my house

Started by GeorgeWashington

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules

Next
25 replies to this topic Sticky this thread

User avatar
Posted by GeorgeWashington
  -20,198 12 Sep 2017, 1:15 am

GeorgeWashington User avatar
      
      

Posts: 5,521
Location: Mount Vernon, VA
Revolutionary Revolutionary political affiliation
Politics: Revolutionary
Gender: Male
Money: -20,197.62

Log in or register to remove this ad..

My mango tree split and a 40ft section clipped the corner of my house.

On the bright side, CP trimmed the tree last year and beat himself up because he left a rope tied off that he couldn't get down. That rope held a limb that would have fallen on my main power line.
3
Log in or register to remove this ad..

User avatar
Posted by Cannonpointer
  14,023 12 Sep 2017, 1:18 am

Cannonpointer Sacred Cow Tipper
User avatar
98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

Posts: 66,550
Location: St. Pete, Baby!
Insurrectionist Insurrectionist political affiliation
Politics: Insurrectionist
Money: 14,023.06



GeorgeWashington » 12 Sep 2017 1:15 am wrote:
My mango tree split and a 40ft section clipped the corner of my house.

On the bright side, CP trimmed the tree last year and beat himself up because he left a rope tied off that he couldn't get down. That rope held a limb that would have fallen on my main power line.
LMAO. You're back home already?

Hey, you can make some money off your insurance company by working the bids...
0
Only the weakest ideas must be protected from debate, and only religions declare people heretics.

Humanity's law of the jungle: survival of the tribe
Money is a theory until spent - then a value statement


When your map disputes the territory, it's your map that is wrong.
Where there's much sizzle, expect little steak
Honesty is intentional - lies are the lazy way out


Nostalgia is a crime against what happened
You cannot betray me - only yourself, to me


User avatar
Posted by GeorgeWashington
  -20,198 12 Sep 2017, 1:29 am

GeorgeWashington User avatar
      
      

Posts: 5,521
Location: Mount Vernon, VA
Revolutionary Revolutionary political affiliation
Politics: Revolutionary
Gender: Male
Money: -20,197.62

Cannonpointer » 12 Sep 2017 1:18 am wrote:
GeorgeWashington » 12 Sep 2017 1:15 am wrote:
My mango tree split and a 40ft section clipped the corner of my house.

On the bright side, CP trimmed the tree last year and beat himself up because he left a rope tied off that he couldn't get down. That rope held a limb that would have fallen on my main power line.
LMAO. You're back home already?

Hey, you can make some money off your insurance company by working the bids...


Yea, I'm back.. I drove through what was left of Irma to beat the rush. 55mph on the interstate in 30mph winds beats 5mph gridlock.

I'm not sure if I can work the bids, but if I can't, I will anyway. I know people ;)

I'm hoping I can work them on the 5am Home Depot special
0

User avatar
Posted by Cannonpointer
  14,023 12 Sep 2017, 1:46 am

Cannonpointer Sacred Cow Tipper
User avatar
98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

Posts: 66,550
Location: St. Pete, Baby!
Insurrectionist Insurrectionist political affiliation
Politics: Insurrectionist
Money: 14,023.06



GeorgeWashington » 12 Sep 2017 1:29 am wrote:

Yea, I'm back.. I drove through what was left of Irma to beat the rush. 55mph on the interstate in 30mph winds beats 5mph gridlock.

I'm not sure if I can work the bids, but if I can't, I will anyway. I know people ;)

I'm hoping I can work them on the 5am Home Depot special
Well, that's the thing. The insurance company will cut you a check. You can do the work yourself or with the help of a handy man.

I would be glad to help out, but my sciatica from the war...

Also, my anal polyp from the draft...
0
Only the weakest ideas must be protected from debate, and only religions declare people heretics.

Humanity's law of the jungle: survival of the tribe
Money is a theory until spent - then a value statement


When your map disputes the territory, it's your map that is wrong.
Where there's much sizzle, expect little steak
Honesty is intentional - lies are the lazy way out


Nostalgia is a crime against what happened
You cannot betray me - only yourself, to me


User avatar
Posted by Cedarswamp
  7,858 12 Sep 2017, 3:06 am

Cedarswamp Sideways Down an Old Dirt Road
User avatar
Cannonpointer's Internet Barrister
Cannonpointer's Internet Barrister

Posts: 17,299
Classical Liberal Classical Liberal political affiliation
Politics: Classical Liberal
Money: 7,857.57




Cannonpointer » 12 Sep 2017 1:46 am wrote:
Well, that's the thing. The insurance company will cut you a check. You can do the work yourself or with the help of a handy man.

I would be glad to help out, but my sciatica from the war...

Also, my anal polyp from the draft...


You spelled prolapse wrong. :ninja:
3

User avatar
Posted by Cannonpointer
  14,023 12 Sep 2017, 3:08 am

Cannonpointer Sacred Cow Tipper
User avatar
98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

Posts: 66,550
Location: St. Pete, Baby!
Insurrectionist Insurrectionist political affiliation
Politics: Insurrectionist
Money: 14,023.06



Cedarswamp » 12 Sep 2017 3:06 am wrote:

You spelled prolapse wrong. :ninja:
Lol.
0
Only the weakest ideas must be protected from debate, and only religions declare people heretics.

Humanity's law of the jungle: survival of the tribe
Money is a theory until spent - then a value statement


When your map disputes the territory, it's your map that is wrong.
Where there's much sizzle, expect little steak
Honesty is intentional - lies are the lazy way out


Nostalgia is a crime against what happened
You cannot betray me - only yourself, to me


User avatar
Posted by indago
  12,163 12 Sep 2017, 6:31 am

indago User avatar
      
      

Posts: 9,042
Independent Independent political affiliation
Politics: N/A
Money: 12,163.41


Cannonpointer » 12 Sep 2017 1:46 am wrote:
GeorgeWashington » 12 Sep 2017 1:29 am wrote:

Yea, I'm back.. I drove through what was left of Irma to beat the rush. 55mph on the interstate in 30mph winds beats 5mph gridlock.

I'm not sure if I can work the bids, but if I can't, I will anyway. I know people ;)

I'm hoping I can work them on the 5am Home Depot special
Well, that's the thing. The insurance company will cut you a check. You can do the work yourself or with the help of a handy man.

I would be glad to help out, but my sciatica from the war...

Also, my anal polyp from the draft...


You should keep your pants on, and stop bending over, and it wouldn't be so drafty...
5

User avatar
Posted by PostmodernProphet
  1,323 12 Sep 2017, 7:16 am


Posts: 1,000
Conservative Conservative political affiliation
Politics: Conservative
Money: 1,322.91

GeorgeWashington » 12 Sep 2017 1:15 am wrote:
My mango tree split and a 40ft section clipped the corner of my house.

On the bright side, CP trimmed the tree last year and beat himself up because he left a rope tied off that he couldn't get down. That rope held a limb that would have fallen on my main power line.


had a big tree branch come down last year.....it landed on an old wooden swing set (my kids are now in their 30s) that I had never gotten around to removing.....broke it into splinters.........so the insurance adjuster said there's no coverage for tree removal unless it fell in something.......I said, "well......".........they even gave me $200 for the swing set.......
0

User avatar
Posted by Annoyed Liberall
  9,066 12 Sep 2017, 7:17 am

Annoyed Liberall User avatar
Hot Little Twist
Hot Little Twist

Posts: 31,919
Liberal Liberal political affiliation
Politics: Liberal
Money: 9,065.73



GeorgeWashington » 12 Sep 2017 1:15 am wrote:
My mango tree split and a 40ft section clipped the corner of my house.

On the bright side, CP trimmed the tree last year and beat himself up because he left a rope tied off that he couldn't get down. That rope held a limb that would have fallen on my main power line.

If that is the extent of your damage, you are lucky.
But, you don't need me to tell you that.
I hope it gets fixed up quickly.
0
Image

User avatar
Posted by crimsongulf
  26,820 12 Sep 2017, 7:22 am

crimsongulf User avatar
      
      

Posts: 26,062
Capitalist Capitalist political affiliation
Politics: Capitalist
Money: 26,820.23

Glad you got by relatively unscathed. Today they are starting the blame game over why they so overhyped Irma.
0
Image

User avatar
Posted by GeorgeWashington
  -20,198 12 Sep 2017, 11:28 am

GeorgeWashington User avatar
      
      

Posts: 5,521
Location: Mount Vernon, VA
Revolutionary Revolutionary political affiliation
Politics: Revolutionary
Gender: Male
Money: -20,197.62

PostmodernProphet » 12 Sep 2017 7:16 am wrote:
GeorgeWashington » 12 Sep 2017 1:15 am wrote:
My mango tree split and a 40ft section clipped the corner of my house.

On the bright side, CP trimmed the tree last year and beat himself up because he left a rope tied off that he couldn't get down. That rope held a limb that would have fallen on my main power line.


had a big tree branch come down last year.....it landed on an old wooden swing set (my kids are now in their 30s) that I had never gotten around to removing.....broke it into splinters.........so the insurance adjuster said there's no coverage for tree removal unless it fell in something.......I said, "well......".........they even gave me $200 for the swing set.......


The tree landed on my fence and a good portion of the trunk is gone.. The remaining part of the tree is a hazard and liable to fall on my house.. at least that's what I'm going to insist..

My wife is bummed because that tree was the reason we bought this property instead of others we looked at.... but... we're thinking about turning this place into a rental and spending a year or two in the mountains. My kids are young, and although we're less than a mile from the beach, I think they would enjoy the woods. I know I did growing up. Plus they've never seen snow.
0

User avatar
Posted by GeorgeWashington
  -20,198 12 Sep 2017, 11:33 am

GeorgeWashington User avatar
      
      

Posts: 5,521
Location: Mount Vernon, VA
Revolutionary Revolutionary political affiliation
Politics: Revolutionary
Gender: Male
Money: -20,197.62

Annoyed Liberall » 12 Sep 2017 7:17 am wrote:
GeorgeWashington » 12 Sep 2017 1:15 am wrote:
My mango tree split and a 40ft section clipped the corner of my house.

On the bright side, CP trimmed the tree last year and beat himself up because he left a rope tied off that he couldn't get down. That rope held a limb that would have fallen on my main power line.

If that is the extent of your damage, you are lucky.
But, you don't need me to tell you that.
I hope it gets fixed up quickly.


It ripped some branches off my Lychee tree too :\
0

User avatar
Posted by GeorgeWashington
  -20,198 12 Sep 2017, 11:36 am

GeorgeWashington User avatar
      
      

Posts: 5,521
Location: Mount Vernon, VA
Revolutionary Revolutionary political affiliation
Politics: Revolutionary
Gender: Male
Money: -20,197.62

crimsongulf » 12 Sep 2017 7:22 am wrote:
Glad you got by relatively unscathed. Today they are starting the blame game over why they so overhyped Irma.


It was definitely overhyped... several of my friends never had so much as a blip in their power
0

User avatar
Posted by Misty
  23,719 12 Sep 2017, 1:04 pm

Misty Nevertheless, she persisted.
User avatar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Posts: 21,821
Independent Independent political affiliation
Politics: N/A
Money: 23,719.39



GeorgeWashington » 12 Sep 2017 11:36 am wrote:
crimsongulf » 12 Sep 2017 7:22 am wrote:
Glad you got by relatively unscathed. Today they are starting the blame game over why they so overhyped Irma.

It was definitely overhyped... several of my friends never had so much as a blip in their power

Tell that to the people in the Virgin Islands.
0

User avatar
Posted by GeorgeWashington
  -20,198 12 Sep 2017, 1:11 pm

GeorgeWashington User avatar
      
      

Posts: 5,521
Location: Mount Vernon, VA
Revolutionary Revolutionary political affiliation
Politics: Revolutionary
Gender: Male
Money: -20,197.62

Misty » 12 Sep 2017 1:04 pm wrote:
GeorgeWashington » 12 Sep 2017 11:36 am wrote:
crimsongulf » 12 Sep 2017 7:22 am wrote:
Glad you got by relatively unscathed. Today they are starting the blame game over why they so overhyped Irma.

It was definitely overhyped... several of my friends never had so much as a blip in their power

Tell that to the people in the Virgin Islands.


I've got friends there too.. they're all alive, but VI is the 3rd world. It doesn't take much to do damage there.

I'm sure glacial energy will use this to keep the blackouts rolling as it squeezes every penny it can out of the poor... such is the 3rd world
0

User avatar
Posted by crimsongulf
  26,820 12 Sep 2017, 1:13 pm

crimsongulf User avatar
      
      

Posts: 26,062
Capitalist Capitalist political affiliation
Politics: Capitalist
Money: 26,820.23

GeorgeWashington » 12 Sep 2017 1:11 pm wrote:

I've got friends there too.. they're all alive, but VI is the 3rd world. It doesn't take much to do damage there.

I'm sure glacial energy will use this to keep the blackouts rolling as it squeezes every penny it can out of the poor... such is the 3rd world


Very true. The construction in most of the Caribbean is not much more than 2x4's tar paper and tin. A good thunderstorm does a lot of damage there.
0
Image

User avatar
Posted by Bigsky
  1,222 12 Sep 2017, 4:13 pm

Bigsky User avatar
      
      

Posts: 19,795
Conservative Conservative political affiliation
Politics: Conservative
Money: 1,221.71



GeorgeWashington » 12 Sep 2017 11:28 am wrote:

The tree landed on my fence and a good portion of the trunk is gone.. The remaining part of the tree is a hazard and liable to fall on my house.. at least that's what I'm going to insist..

My wife is bummed because that tree was the reason we bought this property instead of others we looked at.... but... we're thinking about turning this place into a rental and spending a year or two in the mountains. My kids are young, and although we're less than a mile from the beach, I think they would enjoy the woods. I know I did growing up. Plus they've never seen snow.

Head to the hills young man
0
we have been

i dont always double down on failure my friends, but when i do, i vote for obama. stay jobless my friends -most interesting man in the world

people who put other members names in their signatures secretly want to suck that persons dick...
USA...BACK TO BACK WORLD WAR CHAMPIONS!!!!!

Dantev2's Photo
Posted by Dantev2
  1,549 12 Sep 2017, 4:24 pm

Dantev2    
   

Posts: 572
Independent Independent political affiliation
Politics: N/A
Money: 1,549.12

GeorgeWashington » 12 Sep 2017 11:36 am wrote:

It was definitely overhyped... several of my friends never had so much as a blip in their power


Never let a crisis go to waste

In the meantime please buy more from HD so shares go up
0
I made a sig. Hopefully you enjoy it.

User avatar
Posted by GeorgeWashington
  -20,198 13 Sep 2017, 10:22 pm

GeorgeWashington User avatar
      
      

Posts: 5,521
Location: Mount Vernon, VA
Revolutionary Revolutionary political affiliation
Politics: Revolutionary
Gender: Male
Money: -20,197.62

As it turns out, it wasn't Irma that took a dump on my house after all...

Thread fail...

The arborist came by today and said the tree had aracnose. The aracnose blew over from the neighbor's tree and if I want to keep my avacado tree, I have to get it treated before it gets infected too.

The rest of the mango tree is not salvageable and it is an imminent threat of falling..... on my house. With all of the tree work going on, everyone is 2 weeks out getting to me. Coincidentally, a customer called today and I mentioned the tree in our pleasantries. She called in a favor and a crew willl start on my tree at 8am tomorrow. Their quote was $100 more than the lowest quote from the other tree companies and none of them could fit me in for 2 weeks.

Image
0

User avatar
Posted by Bigsky
  1,222 14 Sep 2017, 3:20 am

Bigsky User avatar
      
      

Posts: 19,795
Conservative Conservative political affiliation
Politics: Conservative
Money: 1,221.71



GeorgeWashington » 13 Sep 2017 10:22 pm wrote:
As it turns out, it wasn't Irma that took a dump on my house after all...

Thread fail...

The arborist came by today and said the tree had aracnose. The aracnose blew over from the neighbor's tree and if I want to keep my avacado tree, I have to get it treated before it gets infected too.

The rest of the mango tree is not salvageable and it is an imminent threat of falling..... on my house. With all of the tree work going on, everyone is 2 weeks out getting to me. Coincidentally, a customer called today and I mentioned the tree in our pleasantries. She called in a favor and a crew willl start on my tree at 8am tomorrow. Their quote was $100 more than the lowest quote from the other tree companies and none of them could fit me in for 2 weeks.

Image

Lovely....don't ya own a chain saw?
0
we have been

i dont always double down on failure my friends, but when i do, i vote for obama. stay jobless my friends -most interesting man in the world

people who put other members names in their signatures secretly want to suck that persons dick...
USA...BACK TO BACK WORLD WAR CHAMPIONS!!!!!


Next

Return to No Holds Barred Political Forum

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests

Who has visited this topic