Trump given UNVERIFIED reports that Russia had damaging details about him.

Started by #ShePersisted

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules

677 replies to this topic Sticky this thread

charles.thompson's Photo
Posted by charles.thompson
  1,395 11 Jan 2017, 9:01 am


Posts: 927
Independent Independent political affiliation
Politics: N/A
Money: 1,394.85

Log in or register to remove this ad..
misty...70% of american people do not trust the mainstream news...considering the nonsense we have heard from them for over a year, it SHOULD be 100%. You need to wake up and accept the fact that everything the media says about trump, BLM, etc....is a total lie. The US mainstream media are the biggest producers of fake news. I know its scary to realize, but its a fact.
0
Log in or register to remove this ad..

charles.thompson's Photo
Posted by charles.thompson
  1,395 11 Jan 2017, 9:24 am


Posts: 927
Independent Independent political affiliation
Politics: N/A
Money: 1,394.85

Annoyed Liberall » 11 Jan 2017 8:20 am wrote:
It will be interesting to see his press conference this afternoon.

If it is true, I am sure Trump is shaking like a queer eating weiners.


Not only is it not true, its obviously not true. Its embarrassing actually. I seriously think trump should sue buzzfeed to the stone age.
0

charles.thompson's Photo
Posted by charles.thompson
  1,395 11 Jan 2017, 6:34 pm


Posts: 927
Independent Independent political affiliation
Politics: N/A
Money: 1,394.85

Misty » 11 Jan 2017 5:22 pm wrote:
charles.thompson » 11 Jan 2017 8:01 am wrote:
misty...70% of american people do not trust the mainstream news...considering the nonsense we have heard from them for over a year, it SHOULD be 100%.

But they believe the REAL news like the fact that HRC was running some kind of a child sex trafficking ring out of the back of a pizza joint. :\


not at all. Very few Americans believed that conspiracy theory. Americans are actually a lot smarter on average than you seem to think....but the media is worse than you think.
0

charles.thompson's Photo
Posted by charles.thompson
  1,395 11 Jan 2017, 10:35 pm


Posts: 927
Independent Independent political affiliation
Politics: N/A
Money: 1,394.85

Misty » 11 Jan 2017 5:39 pm wrote:
charles.thompson » 11 Jan 2017 5:34 pm wrote:
Misty » 11 Jan 2017 5:22 pm wrote:
But they believe the REAL news like the fact that HRC was running some kind of a child sex trafficking ring out of the back of a pizza joint. :\
not at all. Very few Americans believed that conspiracy theory. Americans are actually a lot smarter on average than you seem to think....but the media is worse than you think.
Trump's pick for National Security Adviser and his son believed that conspiracy theory and they both spread it on Twitter.

See my last post #120.

Also the guy who showed up at the pizza place with a gun......he believed it too.

In Washington Pizzeria Attack, Fake News Brought Real Guns


I belive that when politicians humor particular stories it is often for reasons other than belief...even assuming your claim about those 2 is true...which I tend to take with a grain of salt these days.

But even if we grant you these 3 cases, I belive the population of the US to simply still somewhat greater than 6. Don't you agree?
0

charles.thompson's Photo
Posted by charles.thompson
  1,395 12 Jan 2017, 1:23 pm


Posts: 927
Independent Independent political affiliation
Politics: N/A
Money: 1,394.85

Misty » 12 Jan 2017 11:06 am wrote:
Termin8tor » 12 Jan 2017 9:29 am wrote:
golfboy » 12 Jan 2017 9:19 am wrote:
The Fake News story was debunked BEFORE she posted the thread, and she STILL hasn't admitted she was wrong. She's a liar.
Everyone with eyes and a little common sense knows what a shameless liar she is.
A true head case. :blink:

Perhaps you and Golfboy can take a look at my post #198 and tell me what part of what CNN reported was FAKE news?

I won't hold my breath.

It's ironic that you guys voted for the Godfather of FAKE news, and now much like Pavlov's dogs you have been conditioned by him to shout 'FAKE News' at any news story that you don't like.

In 2011 the Birther-In-Chief claimed to have sent investigators to Hawaii to look into the matter of President Obama's birth and he said, "I have people that actually have been studying it and they cannot believe what they're finding."

And this is what he Tweeted in 2012 AFTER President Obama released his long form Birth Certificate which Trump had been demanding that he do:

Image

Then in September of 2016 he suddenly declares, "President Barack Obama was born in the United States. Period."

And we're all supposed to just forget that he pushed that racist conspiracy theory (FAKE News) for over 5 years.

Trumplodytes like you and Golfboy seem to be more than willing to forget it.
Me.....not so much.

Given his history, Trump does not have standing when it comes to declaring anything FAKE news.


I can tell you exactly what part of the CNN news report was fake news.

The fact that they are choosing to mention it at all suggests that it could be relevant, perhaps even credible.

This is the president elect, and for the sake of basic decency, we dont need to hear about unfounded conspiracies about him. At the very least, this should not be a story until it is confirmed true. If they want to cover it, then the tone instead should be 'why are partisan unnamed sources still trying to discredit our president elect'?

There are various ways to lie. If CNN chose to focus every day on every violent crime that was committed by say, homosexual people, and never reported anything else...then obviously you would have reason to believe that they are trying to spread a false narrative that homosexuals are violent. Its a lie. If they called themselves the 'violent homosexual news' and openly admitted that this is what they were focusing on, then perhaps it would be admissible. But to pretend that they are a general news station and clearly only report one thing makes it a lie.
0

charles.thompson's Photo
Posted by charles.thompson
  1,395 12 Jan 2017, 1:33 pm


Posts: 927
Independent Independent political affiliation
Politics: N/A
Money: 1,394.85

Annoyed Liberall » 12 Jan 2017 12:31 pm wrote:
charles.thompson » 12 Jan 2017 12:23 pm wrote:
I can tell you exactly what part of the CNN news report was fake news.

The fact that they are choosing to mention it at all suggests that it could be relevant, perhaps even credible.

This is the president elect, and for the sake of basic decency, we dont need to hear about unfounded conspiracies about him. At the very least, this should not be a story until it is confirmed true. If they want to cover it, then the tone instead should be 'why are partisan unnamed sources still trying to discredit our president elect'?

That could all be said about the birther issue as well.
Consistency is not your friend.


did CNN report that people had doubts about obama's birth certificate?

I know that I didnt break that story.

Logic isnt your friend :p
0

charles.thompson's Photo
Posted by charles.thompson
  1,395 12 Jan 2017, 5:37 pm


Posts: 927
Independent Independent political affiliation
Politics: N/A
Money: 1,394.85

Misty » 12 Jan 2017 4:23 pm wrote:
charles.thompson » 12 Jan 2017 12:23 pm wrote:
Misty » 12 Jan 2017 11:06 am wrote:
....what part of what CNN reported was FAKE news?
I can tell you exactly what part of the CNN news report was fake news.
The fact that they are choosing to mention it at all suggests that it could be relevant, perhaps even credible.
This is the president elect, and for the sake of basic decency, we dont need to hear about unfounded conspiracies about him.

What unfounded conspiracy did CNN report about him?

They reported that his intelligence briefing contained a two page synopsis of a 35 page memo about him that was circulating around Washington.
They did not report on details of that memo, because they said that they had not independently corroborated the specific allegations.

So how is that FAKE News?


If CNN decided to publish a story that you are secretly Trump's mistress according to 'unnamed sources', would you consider it fake news? Maybe they are right. There was some unnamed source that said it.
0

charles.thompson's Photo
Posted by charles.thompson
  1,395 12 Jan 2017, 6:35 pm


Posts: 927
Independent Independent political affiliation
Politics: N/A
Money: 1,394.85

Misty » 12 Jan 2017 5:04 pm wrote:
charles.thompson » 12 Jan 2017 4:37 pm wrote:
Misty » 12 Jan 2017 4:23 pm wrote:
What unfounded conspiracy did CNN report about him?
They reported that his intelligence briefing contained a two page synopsis of a 35 page memo about him that was circulating around Washington.
They did not report on details of that memo, because they said that they had not independently corroborated the specific allegations.
So how is that FAKE News?
If CNN decided to publish a story that you are secretly Trump's mistress according to 'unnamed sources', would you consider it fake news?
Maybe they are right. There was some unnamed source that said it.

All media outlets rely on unnamed sources.

Are you telling me that right wing media outlets like FOX News or Breitbart never use unnamed sources?
Do you remember when Bret Baier at FOX News reported this story and then had to walk it back?

Image


please try to listen to me. I dont care if somebody uses an unnamed source. I dont care if brietbart has made errors. None of this is relevant. You think it is...why? its not. Im talking about CNN engaging in clickbait yellow journalism influenced by their own anti-trump bias. They have been busted dozens of times already spreading totally false narratives based on whatever bending of truth they can get away with....quote mining, lies of omission, and even downright lying (with a fine print sort of apology a few days later). Now they are reporting this rubbish...maybe trump likes girls to pee on him...maybe he is a puppet of russia...some unnamed sources think so...is it true? who knows...everything is a friggen mystery.

This isnt middle school. these people are supposed to be journalists, not professionals of gossip.

They absolutely deserve trump's rebuke, they should probably fire at least half of their staff-not jsut the few that wikileaks proved completely unethical collusion with Hillary.

You know this is true...you should. It doesnt matter if you love or hate trump, you can still have the willpower to admit this crap is not journalism, it is total BS.
0

charles.thompson's Photo
Posted by charles.thompson
  1,395 12 Jan 2017, 6:58 pm


Posts: 927
Independent Independent political affiliation
Politics: N/A
Money: 1,394.85

Cannonpointer » 12 Jan 2017 5:52 pm wrote:
charles.thompson » 12 Jan 2017 12:23 pm wrote:
Misty » 12 Jan 2017 11:06 am wrote:
Perhaps you and Golfboy can take a look at my post #198 and tell me what part of what CNN reported was FAKE news?

I can tell you exactly what part of the CNN news report was fake news.

The fact that they are choosing to mention it at all suggests that it could be relevant, perhaps even credible.
At least you swung at the ball, kid - but pResidential security briefings are firmly in the wheel house of news stations.

Potential international espionage rings? Ditto.

The russians having dirt on the pResident eLect? Like wise.

Tell us this, even if you disagree with what I said above (which would be silly - but I have seen you be quite so). How was Misty supposed to know there was no there, there? By what yard stick would YOU say that she should have divined that this - what are YOU calling it? Inappropriate? - that this "inappropriate" reportage would end up being a tempest in a tea pot?


Us intelligence has also lost its credibility. Have you forgotten the WMD in iraq? Trump is trying to inform you about the massive dishonesty from these sources, and I dont understand why you arent listening. THey have been proven liars so many times, and this gossip level crap they are embarrassing this nation with right now does not even add up or make sense to a mature adult. Trump may be a pussy grabber...but he isnt wrong here.
0

charles.thompson's Photo
Posted by charles.thompson
  1,395 12 Jan 2017, 6:59 pm


Posts: 927
Independent Independent political affiliation
Politics: N/A
Money: 1,394.85

Cannonpointer » 12 Jan 2017 5:54 pm wrote:
charles.thompson » 12 Jan 2017 12:33 pm wrote:

did CNN report that people had doubts about obama's birth certificate?

I know that I didnt break that story.

Logic isnt your friend :p
You're joking, right?

CNN reported it, son. Logic is not YOUR friend. Have YOU denounced CNN for reporting fake news against the black guy?

Didn't think so - that's different.

How do YOU spell hypocrisy, son? I spell it c-h-a-r-l-e-s.


Dumbass, the fact that CNN reported it was the whole point.

" Have YOU denounced CNN for reporting fake news against the black guy?"

as a matter of fact, I did.
Last edited by charles.thompson on 12 Jan 2017, 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0

charles.thompson's Photo
Posted by charles.thompson
  1,395 12 Jan 2017, 7:01 pm


Posts: 927
Independent Independent political affiliation
Politics: N/A
Money: 1,394.85

Cannonpointer » 12 Jan 2017 6:00 pm wrote:
golfboy » 12 Jan 2017 4:03 pm wrote:
The 2 page report did not have allegations that Trump did anything wrong or that the Russians had any information on Trump.
It contained information about the 35 page "report" saying that this is how people can attack Trump, even though there was no validity to the information.

And CNN provided a link in their online versions of the story, the to the buzzfeed article.
So while they claim not to be "reporting on the details of the memo" they immediately give someone access and say if you want to read it, you can find it over there...

There is no difference whether it was CNN hosting the report, or Bussfeed. Both sites provided links to it.

CNN = Fake News
Misty still won't admit she got taken in by these liars.
You've not answered he question.

You've reassured us that our disdain for NBC (which you do NOT have for fox, as you're a partisan moron who can only see the snow on OTHERS' roofs) is justified.

You have not shown her error. I've seen you taken in time and time again by false reportage - FAKE NEWS. I've seen you do face plant after face plant, so your high fallutin', high-hatted, high-handed attitude is a ten gallon hat on a half pint head, son.

TELL MISTY HOW SHE SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THIS STORY WOULD NOT HOLD WATER, Mr. Palm trees in Minneapolis.


BECAUSE EVERYONE SHOULD BE AWARE BY NOW THAT OUR NEWS IS BS
0

charles.thompson's Photo
Posted by charles.thompson
  1,395 12 Jan 2017, 7:10 pm


Posts: 927
Independent Independent political affiliation
Politics: N/A
Money: 1,394.85

Cannonpointer » 12 Jan 2017 6:04 pm wrote:
charles.thompson » 12 Jan 2017 5:35 pm wrote:

please try to listen to me. I dont care if somebody uses an unnamed source. I dont care if brietbart has made errors. None of this is relevant. You think it is...why? its not. Im talking about CNN engaging in clickbait yellow journalism influenced by their own anti-trump bias.
You can stop now. I'm SOLD.

But that isn't the issue.

How should Misty have known the report would pan out to be all glitter and no gold(en shower)?

Also, was CNN guilty of the same against Obama, when they gave tRump wall to wall coverage on the birth certificate thing? AND IF SO, what does that do to your "ANTI-TrUMP BIAS" narrative?

Isn't that an "ANTI-ObAMA BIAS?"


Im attacking the media, not misty, im telling misty that our media is BS. Maybe she knows now, or maybe it will slowly dawn on her. I dont care. I simply think its a serious problem, and more people need to know about it.

Guess what, you prejudiced friggen racist, i even still like obama, and I didnt like the stupid birther coverage. If they were going to tell us that nonsense, then they at least have a journalistic responsibility to include why the suspicion was reasonable. They did not do that. Thats because they just wanted clickbait, not journalism. CNN sucks, and trump is not going to be the only victim.
0



Return to No Holds Barred Political Forum

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests

Who has visited this topic