Would you atheists prefer that there was an "Afterlife"?

Started by Stinky McPeterson

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules

Next
84 replies to this topic Sticky this thread

User avatar
Posted by indago
  12,653 11 Jan 2017, 8:42 am

indago User avatar
      
      

Posts: 9,370
Independent Independent political affiliation
Politics: N/A
Money: 12,653.32

Log in or register to remove this ad..
A few years back I read a book called A Hypnotists Case Book, a compilation of cases from the late 1800's. It was written by a Doctor who had seen, as entertainment, a stage demonstration on hypnotism, and wondered if there was anything to it. He examined into the methods of inducing trance for his medical practice, so that his patients would relax and not fear what they were about to experience in an operation. He began to realize that an individual had a subconscious mind that would respond to his queries; and that the subconscious mind knew things that the conscious person did not. He wrote of an incident of a patient who had lost something at a school. He put the patient at ease, and then began to work on his mind until the patient was no longer responding as himself, but through his own mind. Then he told the patient to go to the schoolyard. He responded that he was already there. The Doctor wrote in his diaries that he was puzzled at this response; that the patient was in his office, and not at the schoolyard. He asked the patient how could this be. The patient responded that the subconscious mind was everywhere. The Doctor made a note of this, and continued on with the patient and found what he was looking for at the school.
0
Log in or register to remove this ad..

User avatar
Posted by indago
  12,653 12 Jan 2017, 9:12 am

indago User avatar
      
      

Posts: 9,370
Independent Independent political affiliation
Politics: N/A
Money: 12,653.32

deezer shoove » 12 Jan 2017 7:39 am wrote:
A Farewell to Arms » 11 Jan 2017 7:12 pm wrote:
from what i recall.....and i can only describe it from a way later experience as a passenger in a car accident, unhurt

the moment is swift and there is a somewhat jarring jolt.....then you feel this soft pillow...like an airbag gently hit your face.....and then a swift powdery puff of smoke in a very hazy fog slipping away and an intense buzzing feeling all over


Find out what an airbag really is first. Bad analogy.

Nothing "gentle" about it at all.


Not so much "what an airbag really is", but WHO the airbag really is...
0

User avatar
Posted by indago
  12,653 12 Jan 2017, 10:25 pm

indago User avatar
      
      

Posts: 9,370
Independent Independent political affiliation
Politics: N/A
Money: 12,653.32

deezer shoove » 12 Jan 2017 9:10 pm wrote:
indago » 12 Jan 2017 8:12 am wrote:
deezer shoove » 12 Jan 2017 7:39 am wrote:

Find out what an airbag really is first. Bad analogy.

Nothing "gentle" about it at all.


Not so much "what an airbag really is", but WHO the airbag really is...

In your case, I can't disagree.


Here's a TRUE airbag:

AIRBAG
0

User avatar
Posted by indago
  12,653 13 Jan 2017, 5:57 am

indago User avatar
      
      

Posts: 9,370
Independent Independent political affiliation
Politics: N/A
Money: 12,653.32

deezer shoove » 12 Jan 2017 9:33 pm wrote:
indago » 12 Jan 2017 9:25 pm wrote:
deezer shoove » 12 Jan 2017 9:10 pm wrote:
In your case, I can't disagree.


Here's a TRUE airbag:

AIRBAG


The concept of infinity escapes definition within the human brain.
Unending timeframe and volume become anyone's guess.

To argue for or against a hypothetical of this magnitude is beyond me.
You two must have an ongoing pissing contest. Have at it. :wave:


The FACT is, Ol' AIRBAG has tried to change the subject, and divert attention from the fact that he has been

OUTED


OUTED


for the "hysterical and hallucinatory blasphemic and hypocritical Whining'nSniveling" coward that he is.
0

User avatar
Posted by indago
  12,653 13 Jan 2017, 8:19 am

indago User avatar
      
      

Posts: 9,370
Independent Independent political affiliation
Politics: N/A
Money: 12,653.32

Sgt Bilko » 13 Jan 2017 6:19 am wrote:
indago » 13 Jan 2017 4:57 am wrote:
deezer shoove » 12 Jan 2017 9:33 pm wrote:

The concept of infinity escapes definition within the human brain.
Unending timeframe and volume become anyone's guess.

To argue for or against a hypothetical of this magnitude is beyond me.
You two must have an ongoing pissing contest. Have at it. :wave:


The FACT is, Ol' AIRBAG has tried to change the subject, and divert attention from the fact that he has been

OUTED


OUTED


for the "hysterical and hallucinatory blasphemic and hypocritical Whining'nSniveling" coward that he is.

The cowardly Indago has no idea how to prove evolution failing 5 scientific laws is false. Instead he drags in red herrings and other fallacious arguments!! Also using Alinsky methods, demonizing the opposition and never discuss the issue since it humanizes the opposition. I have challenged him with this several times in the past and he tries to claim I changed the subject!!!

It is obvious to the casual observer that Indago is a failure at discussing evolution and scientific laws!! He keeps using fallacious arguments. For example his last sentence is an obvious ad hominem attack!!! Making the discussion rather insane!!


"I have challenged him with this several times in the past"

Point out where you "have challenged him with this several times in the past".
0

User avatar
Posted by indago
  12,653 13 Jan 2017, 6:38 pm

indago User avatar
      
      

Posts: 9,370
Independent Independent political affiliation
Politics: N/A
Money: 12,653.32

Sgt Bilko » 13 Jan 2017 12:10 pm wrote:
NeoConvict » 13 Jan 2017 6:32 am wrote:
Sgt Bilko » 13 Jan 2017 6:19 am wrote:
The cowardly Indago has no idea how to prove evolution failing 5 scientific laws is false. Instead he drags in red herrings and other fallacious arguments!! Also using Alinsky methods, demonizing the opposition and never discuss the issue since it humanizes the opposition. I have challenged him with this several times in the past and he tries to claim I changed the subject!!!

It is obvious to the casual observer that Indago is a failure at discussing evolution and scientific laws!! He keeps using fallacious arguments. For example his last sentence is an obvious ad hominem attack!!! Making the discussion rather insane!!


We are in a created universe. Lets not pretend that the concept of a God does not break our understanding of the laws of physics. Remove the log from your eye before complaining about the speck in your brothers.

If you look at Indago and my posts you will see that I hold his feet to the fire with proper discussion while he only uses hate filled rhetoric!!


You mean, like this one:

THE PIOUS ONE
0

User avatar
Posted by indago
  12,653 13 Jan 2017, 7:34 pm

indago User avatar
      
      

Posts: 9,370
Independent Independent political affiliation
Politics: N/A
Money: 12,653.32


Sgt Bilko » 13 Jan 2017 6:00 pm wrote:
indago » 13 Jan 2017 5:38 pm wrote:
Sgt Bilko » 13 Jan 2017 12:10 pm wrote:
If you look at Indago and my posts you will see that I hold his feet to the fire with proper discussion while he only uses hate filled rhetoric!!


You mean, like this one:

THE PIOUS ONE

Poor Indago is having a hissy fit!!!


Your calling my pointing out your "hysterical and hallucinatory blasphemic and hypocritical Whining'nSniveling" a "hissy fit" is laughable, at best.

And, I had queried of you: "Point out where you "have challenged him with this several times in the past". You have been here and posted several times since then, and you haven't pointed out shit; which just supports the fact of your "hysterical and hallucinatory blasphemic and hypocritical Whining'nSniveling". You are just demonizing yourself.

Go ahead, dig your hole deeper...
1

User avatar
Posted by indago
  12,653 14 Jan 2017, 7:34 pm

indago User avatar
      
      

Posts: 9,370
Independent Independent political affiliation
Politics: N/A
Money: 12,653.32

Sgt Bilko » 14 Jan 2017 2:30 pm wrote:
indago » 13 Jan 2017 6:34 pm wrote:
Sgt Bilko » 13 Jan 2017 6:00 pm wrote:
Poor Indago is having a hissy fit!!!


Your calling my pointing out your "hysterical and hallucinatory blasphemic and hypocritical Whining'nSniveling" a "hissy fit" is laughable, at best.

And, I had queried of you: "Point out where you "have challenged him with this several times in the past". You have been here and posted several times since then, and you haven't pointed out shit; which just supports the fact of your "hysterical and hallucinatory blasphemic and hypocritical Whining'nSniveling". You are just demonizing yourself.

Go ahead, dig your hole deeper...

Here is one. Right after one of your harassing posts.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=27915&start=20#p870569


No it isn't! That is you blathering yesterday, and responding to someone else, not me. You have failed, and miserably too, I might add. But then, it was expected. I have outed you on this before, making these wild and sweeping generalizations, and then falling flat on your face for a fantastical FACEPLANT.

And why am I not surprised! Just some old bluster and BS. And didn't I just know, somehow, that this is the way this would turn out. So predictable. These BlowHards thrive on making bold and sweeping generalizations, but when called upon the carpet to examine into the ranting, the foundation crumbles, along with veracity; and, we find that the equivocations are just that; just blowing smoke.
You have no credibility! NONE!
0

User avatar
Posted by indago
  12,653 14 Jan 2017, 10:28 pm

indago User avatar
      
      

Posts: 9,370
Independent Independent political affiliation
Politics: N/A
Money: 12,653.32

Cannonpointer » 14 Jan 2017 6:54 pm wrote:
indago » 13 Jan 2017 4:57 am wrote:

The FACT is, Ol' AIRBAG has tried to change the subject, and divert attention from the fact that he has been

OUTED


OUTED


for the "hysterical and hallucinatory blasphemic and hypocritical Whining'nSniveling" coward that he is.
Dude.

He's outted as a retarded idiot every time he posts. What do you gain by pummeling a giggling retard who is impervious to insult or intellectual rebuttal?


It looks like you are correct.

RETARDED
0

User avatar
Posted by indago
  12,653 15 Jan 2017, 5:36 am

indago User avatar
      
      

Posts: 9,370
Independent Independent political affiliation
Politics: N/A
Money: 12,653.32

Sgt Bilko » 14 Jan 2017 11:30 pm wrote:
Cannonpointer » 14 Jan 2017 6:54 pm wrote:
indago » 13 Jan 2017 4:57 am wrote:

The FACT is, Ol' AIRBAG has tried to change the subject, and divert attention from the fact that he has been

OUTED


OUTED


for the "hysterical and hallucinatory blasphemic and hypocritical Whining'nSniveling" coward that he is.
Dude.

He's outted as a retarded idiot every time he posts. What do you gain by pummeling a giggling retard who is impervious to insult or intellectual rebuttal?

Listen to the libturds whine and use the Alinsky method of debate.

WHINE WHINE WHINE!!


Oh, stop with the Whining'nSniveling already...
0

User avatar
Posted by indago
  12,653 15 Jan 2017, 11:31 pm

indago User avatar
      
      

Posts: 9,370
Independent Independent political affiliation
Politics: N/A
Money: 12,653.32

Sgt Bilko » 15 Jan 2017 8:19 pm wrote:
indago » 15 Jan 2017 4:36 am wrote:
Sgt Bilko » 14 Jan 2017 11:30 pm wrote:
Listen to the libturds whine and use the Alinsky method of debate.

WHINE WHINE WHINE!!


Oh, stop with the Whining'nSniveling already...


Atheists make up 3.1% of the population... (and other and sundry aberrations, ramifications, fixations, lamentations, hallucinations, and incantations)


You should probably bring all this up with somebody who gives a shit...
0

User avatar
Posted by indago
  12,653 16 Jan 2017, 6:38 am

indago User avatar
      
      

Posts: 9,370
Independent Independent political affiliation
Politics: N/A
Money: 12,653.32

Sgt Bilko » 16 Jan 2017 3:17 am wrote:
indago » 15 Jan 2017 10:31 pm wrote:
Sgt Bilko » 15 Jan 2017 8:19 pm wrote:

Atheists make up 3.1% of the population... (and other and sundry aberrations, ramifications, fixations, lamentations, hallucinations, and incantations)


You should probably bring all this up with somebody who gives a shit...

:die: :die: :die: :die: :die: :die: :die: :die:
You are the one threatening me with God's judgement!! You rant in obvious ignorance of Christianity. Quit ranting such ignorant atheist idiocy!! You are part of the 3.1%. Live with reality!! But then atheists hate Christians!!


You are no Christian! You spit in the eye of God, violating the Ninth Commandment, Oh Hypocrite, Ye!

And God will get you for that!

HIS JUDGMENT COMETH, AND THAT RIGHT SOON!
0

User avatar
Posted by indago
  12,653 16 Jan 2017, 3:25 pm

indago User avatar
      
      

Posts: 9,370
Independent Independent political affiliation
Politics: N/A
Money: 12,653.32

Sgt Bilko » 16 Jan 2017 1:11 pm wrote:
indago » 16 Jan 2017 5:38 am wrote:
Sgt Bilko » 16 Jan 2017 3:17 am wrote:
:die: :die: :die: :die: :die: :die: :die: :die:
You are the one threatening me with God's judgement!! You rant in obvious ignorance of Christianity. Quit ranting such ignorant atheist idiocy!! You are part of the 3.1%. Live with reality!! But then atheists hate Christians!!


You are no Christian! You spit in the eye of God, violating the Ninth Commandment, Oh Hypocrite, Ye!

And God will get you for that!

HIS JUDGMENT COMETH, AND THAT RIGHT SOON!

atheists in this country... (and other and sundry aberrations, ramifications, fixations, lamentations, hallucinations, and incantations)


You should probably bring all this up with somebody who gives a shit...
0

User avatar
Posted by indago
  12,653 17 Jan 2017, 12:14 am

indago User avatar
      
      

Posts: 9,370
Independent Independent political affiliation
Politics: N/A
Money: 12,653.32

Sgt Bilko » 16 Jan 2017 10:39 pm wrote:
indago » 16 Jan 2017 2:25 pm wrote:
Sgt Bilko » 16 Jan 2017 1:11 pm wrote:
atheists in this country... (and other and sundry aberrations, ramifications, fixations, lamentations, hallucinations, and incantations)


You should probably bring all this up with somebody who gives a shit...

Poor poor Indago is having brain flatulence producing an idiotic response to my post. I point out his error and he runs from it. He as always avoids discussion and reverts to the Alinsky principle of never discuss the issue with the opposition since it humanizes them.
:die: :die: :die: :die:


Poor poor Bilkum! You are no Christian!

You spit in the eye of God, violating the Ninth Commandment, Oh Hypocrite, Ye!

And God will get you for that!

HIS JUDGMENT COMETH, AND THAT RIGHT SOON!
0

User avatar
Posted by indago
  12,653 17 Jan 2017, 9:05 am

indago User avatar
      
      

Posts: 9,370
Independent Independent political affiliation
Politics: N/A
Money: 12,653.32

Sgt Bilko » 17 Jan 2017 8:00 am wrote:
indago » 16 Jan 2017 11:14 pm wrote:
Sgt Bilko » 16 Jan 2017 10:39 pm wrote:
Poor poor Indago is having brain flatulence producing an idiotic response to my post. I point out his error and he runs from it. He as always avoids discussion and reverts to the Alinsky principle of never discuss the issue with the opposition since it humanizes them.
:die: :die: :die: :die:


Poor poor Bilkum! You are no Christian!

You spit in the eye of God, violating the Ninth Commandment, Oh Hypocrite, Ye!

And God will get you for that!

HIS JUDGMENT COMETH, AND THAT RIGHT SOON!

:die: :die: :die: :die: :die: :die: :die: :die:
:die: :die: :die: :die: :die: :die: :die: :die:
:die: :die: :die: :die: :die: :die: :die: :die:
You keep demonstrating your absolute ignorance of Christianity all the time. It is very obvious that you are part of the 3.1% of atheists in this country. That means big bang evolution is your religion. You always run from defending your religion from the 5 scientific laws it violates. You are a pathetic spouter of ignorant gibberish nonsense!! You keep demonstrating your ignorance of Christianity to boot. You keep making ignorant assertions about God whom you reject. You keep piling that ignorance on making yourself a laughing stock to all who understand Christianity.
:die: :die: :die: :die: :die: :die: :die: :die:
:die: :die: :die: :die: :die: :die: :die: :die:
:die: :die: :die: :die: :die: :die: :die: :die:


And "You keep demonstrating your absolute ignorance of Christianity all the time" with your spitting "in the eye of God, violating the Ninth Commandment, Oh Hypocrite, Ye!"

And God will get you for that!

HIS JUDGMENT COMETH, AND THAT RIGHT SOON!
0

User avatar
Posted by indago
  12,653 17 Jan 2017, 2:33 pm

indago User avatar
      
      

Posts: 9,370
Independent Independent political affiliation
Politics: N/A
Money: 12,653.32

larryc12 » 17 Jan 2017 10:20 am wrote:
indago » 17 Jan 2017 8:05 am wrote:

And "You keep demonstrating your absolute ignorance of Christianity all the time" with your spitting "in the eye of God, violating the Ninth Commandment, Oh Hypocrite, Ye!"

And God will get you for that!

HIS JUDGMENT COMETH, AND THAT RIGHT SOON!


Have you read the Bible, at least the NT?


Yes!
0

User avatar
Posted by indago
  12,653 17 Jan 2017, 2:34 pm

indago User avatar
      
      

Posts: 9,370
Independent Independent political affiliation
Politics: N/A
Money: 12,653.32



The "Error" was you posting...
0

User avatar
Posted by indago
  12,653 17 Jan 2017, 3:25 pm

indago User avatar
      
      

Posts: 9,370
Independent Independent political affiliation
Politics: N/A
Money: 12,653.32

Sgt Bilko » 17 Jan 2017 2:03 pm wrote:
indago » 17 Jan 2017 1:33 pm wrote:
larryc12 » 17 Jan 2017 10:20 am wrote:

Have you read the Bible, at least the NT?


Yes!

Then why do you embarrass yourself with obvious erroneous idiocy with your claims about God???


I don't! That's just another one of your hallucinations that I have been reminding you about!
0

User avatar
Posted by indago
  12,653 17 Jan 2017, 11:42 pm

indago User avatar
      
      

Posts: 9,370
Independent Independent political affiliation
Politics: N/A
Money: 12,653.32

Sgt Bilko » 17 Jan 2017 8:20 pm wrote:
You have now been warned.


And so have you, with your spitting "in the eye of God, violating the Ninth Commandment, Oh Hypocrite, Ye!"

And God will get you for that!

HIS JUDGMENT COMETH, AND THAT RIGHT SOON!
0

User avatar
Posted by indago
  12,653 18 Jan 2017, 5:20 am

indago User avatar
      
      

Posts: 9,370
Independent Independent political affiliation
Politics: N/A
Money: 12,653.32

Sgt Bilko » 18 Jan 2017 1:45 am wrote:
indago » 17 Jan 2017 10:42 pm wrote:
Sgt Bilko » 17 Jan 2017 8:20 pm wrote:
You have now been warned.


And so have you, with your spitting "in the eye of God, violating the Ninth Commandment, Oh Hypocrite, Ye!"

And God will get you for that!

HIS JUDGMENT COMETH, AND THAT RIGHT SOON!

I put up the scripture that proves your ignorance but obviously you are unable to comprehend. I even highlighted the verse that applies to me and then the verse that applies to you. Too bad you have such a pitiful comprehension of the English language!!

Or does reading God's word make you sick!!



The FACT is, Ol' AIRBAG has tried to change the subject, and divert attention from the fact that he has been
OUTED
OUTED
for the "hysterical and hallucinatory blasphemic and hypocritical Whining'nSniveling" coward that he is.
0


Next

Return to No Holds Barred Political Forum

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest

Who has visited this topic