Would you atheists prefer that there was an "Afterlife"?

Started by Inglorious Bastards

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules

84 replies to this topic Sticky this thread

Posted by NeoConvict
  18,927 11 Jan 2017, 11:13 am

NeoConvict User avatar

Conservative Conservative political affiliation
Politics: Conservative
Money: 18,926.93

Annoyed Liberall » 11 Jan 2017 9:47 am wrote:
I think there are many afterlives and many lives we have lived before this one.

All are one. The killer and the killed. The rapist and the victim. The mother and the father and the child. What you do to the least of your brethren you are doing unto God, you are doing unto yourself. Think we are all connected.
Democrats haven't been this upset since the republicans took away their slaves.

Posted by NeoConvict
  18,927 11 Jan 2017, 4:00 pm

NeoConvict User avatar

charles.thompson » 11 Jan 2017 11:18 am wrote:
Cannonpointer » 11 Jan 2017 10:34 am wrote:
charles.thompson » 11 Jan 2017 10:22 am wrote:

Consciousness and energy are different things.
Okay - where is consciousness seated in the body - what part of the brain will I find it in if I dig with a spoon?

You can parse all ya want, but when that "consciousness" (energy, spirit, soul) leaves the body, it's meat. What leaves it - choose a name that warms your cockles - IS NOT MEAT.

consciousness is an emergent property. This is like asking what part of a piano a chopin nocturne is stored.

Im sure you dont recall any memories before your birth. Thats because your consciousness did not exist yet. I dont see why it seems to be difficult for you to imagine a state that you have already basically 'experienced'.

I recall having memories before my birth but they have faded over the years. I also have had experiences with prophetic dreams. Dreams where I am doing something mundane with people I would not meet for years later in an unfamiliar setting.

Posted by NeoConvict
  18,927 13 Jan 2017, 7:32 am

NeoConvict User avatar

Sgt Bilko » 13 Jan 2017 6:19 am wrote:
The cowardly Indago has no idea how to prove evolution failing 5 scientific laws is false. Instead he drags in red herrings and other fallacious arguments!! Also using Alinsky methods, demonizing the opposition and never discuss the issue since it humanizes the opposition. I have challenged him with this several times in the past and he tries to claim I changed the subject!!!

It is obvious to the casual observer that Indago is a failure at discussing evolution and scientific laws!! He keeps using fallacious arguments. For example his last sentence is an obvious ad hominem attack!!! Making the discussion rather insane!!

We are in a created universe. Lets not pretend that the concept of a God does not break our understanding of the laws of physics. Remove the log from your eye before complaining about the speck in your brothers.

Return to No Holds Barred Political Forum