All Activity

1406056 posts
User avatar
FOS

Post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 4062

Pengwin » 48 minutes ago » wrote: Maybe they ignore them because they aren't any good, just a typical white man, an apologist for whitey...
But no. The foundation of crt is that in fact there are fundamental values and paradigms that exist among whites...which I agree with...but that these are also bad values and whites are not legitimite people...which I disagree with.

They don't really care if a white person is 'Racist'. They consider all white people to be intrinsically racist.

It is a power struggle for them. Not so much an ideological struggle.

You consider me racist because of the thing I agree with crt about. They consider me an enemy (but not particularly racist) because I simply see them as an enemy. I have 'Embraced my whiteness' so to speak. And furthermore I insist that I am a member of a legitimite people...even as they have defined us.

User avatar
Isabel

Post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 5540

Jantje_Smit » Yesterday, 8:30 pm » wrote: But that would make you unhappy, then you would have to find someone else to project your sobbing on.. and not everyone is as understanding and nice like me... maybe they would hurt your feelings.. I wouldn't want to have that on my conscience...

 
Poor JantjeClown.

Running off sniveling to hide in a nice safe fantasy world.
Maybe you should try clutching Mr. Bear, too.



User avatar
Phoenix68.2.0

Post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 6591

FOS » 14 Nov 2020, 12:43 pm » wrote:

The true reason trump lost

.......'Cause, THAT'S WHAT HE DOES!!!!!
.

January 24, 2017 

Clinton = 65,844,954
Drumpf = 62,979,879 
.
Clinton
Mandate
= +2,865,075
.

 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/133Eb4qQmOxNvtesw2hdVns073R68EZx4SfCnP4IGQf8/htmlview

User avatar
FOS

Post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 4062

Pengwin » 48 minutes ago » wrote: Maybe they ignore them because they aren't any good, just a typical white man, an apologist for whitey...
I suppose you can say that about any white man who doesn't hate white people.

User avatar
Jantje_Smit

Post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 437

Vegas » Yesterday, 11:51 am » wrote: ...This would show signs of maturity, intellect, and integrity.
 
And what makes you think anyone is interested in that?

 
 
I read the report put out by the bureaucracy

User avatar
FOS

Post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 4062

DeezerShoove » Yesterday, 10:52 pm » wrote: The fear of the unknown kicks in. It is a strong and very subjective state of mind.

I looked up "fascism" in my 1919 Websters dictionary. The word didn't exist in the English language yet.
(btw Came across "fear" during the search and it has a very long set of meanings.)
So the word was born of an Italian word meaning "bundle" or, in context, a group of people.

Benito turned his new word into a dark symbol. One can't dismiss that the word carried the reputation.
It has always been associated with the brutalities visited upon innocent people.
The squadsters in black shirts. 

I'm learning as I go...
Akira kurasawa himself was obviously an anti fascist...and a big influence on George Lucas (star wars was based on his movie the hidden fortess)

But unlike most critiques of fascism, alia seemed to understand the concept of fascism.

And the main point He was making...in ran...which is the Japanese version of king lear...is that all the conflict occurred within a family.

But ironically he also seemed to (accidentally?) Agree with fascism because 1) he took a great man view of history (the individual ubermensch like sambaro makes all the difference)

And 2) the source of conflict within the family was a person from an outgroup who was a historical enemy of the main character...it was she who manipulated the diversity of the family against the father...not intrinsic to familial relations.

User avatar
Pengwin

Post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 7414

FOS » Yesterday, 11:29 pm » wrote: They would project that on me simply becaus3 I am white.all they see is my race. They ignore my arguments
Maybe they ignore them because they aren't any good, just a typical white man, an apologist for whitey...
 

User avatar
Phoenix68.2.0

Post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 6591

 January 24, 2017 

Clinton = 65,844,954
Drumpf = 62,979,879 
.
Clinton
Mandate
= +2,865,075
.

 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/133Eb4qQmOxNvtesw2hdVns073R68EZx4SfCnP4IGQf8/htmlview 
 

User avatar
FOS

Post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 4062

Phoenix68.2.0 » 58 minutes ago » wrote:
They don't know they're *******, either.....but, like they say....It is what it is.

And What you don't know is that perhaps they are not *******.

This is in fact a very grug way to approach politics...isnt it?

"You meanie!"

User avatar
FOS

Post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 4062

DeezerShoove » Yesterday, 10:52 pm » wrote: The fear of the unknown kicks in. It is a strong and very subjective state of mind.

I looked up "fascism" in my 1919 Websters dictionary. The word didn't exist in the English language yet.
(btw Came across "fear" during the search and it has a very long set of meanings.)
So the word was born of an Italian word meaning "bundle" or, in context, a group of people.

Benito turned his new word into a dark symbol. One can't dismiss that the word carried the reputation.
It has always been associated with the brutalities visited upon innocent people.
The squadsters in black shirts. 

I'm learning as I go...
The word faces refers to a bundle of sticks which pretty much refers to the fascist philosophy that it is easy to break one stick but not a bundle.

Individualism vs collectivism.

My favorite director, akira kurasawa made a ln obvious reference to this in his movie RAN.

Collectivism is a key element of fascism. People usually associate it with communism. Fascism is basically the right winf version of communism.

User avatar
Phoenix68.2.0

Post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 6591

FOS » Yesterday, 9:47 pm » wrote:


Dude Stop freaking out over fascism. It is a perfectly valid political philosophy. In fact it is extremely popular...most fascists simply don't know they are fascist.

 

They don't know they're *******, either.....but, like they say....It is what it is.


User avatar
FOS

Post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 4062

Pengwin » Yesterday, 10:36 pm » wrote: I would imagine that CRT folks would say the root of the problem is white men such as yourself, who (wrongly) believe that they can't be wrong...
They would project that on me simply becaus3 I am white.all they see is my race. They ignore my arguments

User avatar
Pengwin

Post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 7414

DeezerShoove » Yesterday, 10:57 pm » wrote: It's morphed into all that crap. It's not quite that verbose.

You are punishing yourself with this "I'll debate each point" ****.

I hope FOS volunteers to do you the "favor". I won't.

Not my game, but thanks for the list.
He's like you, he never tries, and I am - unconcerned.

User avatar
Deezer Shoove

Post

User avatar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Posts: 17669

Pengwin » Yesterday, 10:39 pm » wrote: For starters...The 14 characteristics are:
  1. Powerful and Continuing Nationalism
    Fascist regimes tend to make constant use of patriotic mottos, slogans, symbols, songs, and other paraphernalia. Flags are seen everywhere, as are flag symbols on clothing and in public displays.
  2. Disdain for the Recognition of Human Rights
    Because of fear of enemies and the need for security, the people in fascist regimes are persuaded that human rights can be ignored in certain cases because of "need." The people tend to look the other way or even approve of torture, summary executions, assassinations, long incarcerations of prisoners, etc.
  3. Identification of Enemies/Scapegoats as a Unifying Cause
    The people are rallied into a unifying patriotic frenzy over the need to eliminate a perceived common threat or foe: racial , ethnic or religious minorities; liberals; communists; socialists, terrorists, etc.
  4. Supremacy of the Military
    Even when there are widespread domestic problems, the military is given a disproportionate amount of government funding, and the domestic agenda is neglected. Soldiers and military service are glamorized.
  5. Rampant Sexism
    The governments of fascist nations tend to be almost exclusively male-dominated. Under fascist regimes, traditional gender roles are made more rigid. Opposition to abortion is high, as is homophobia and anti-gay legislation and national policy.
  6. Controlled Mass Media
    Sometimes to media is directly controlled by the government, but in other cases, the media is indirectly controlled by government regulation, or sympathetic media spokespeople and executives. Censorship, especially in war time, is very common.
  7. Obsession with National Security
    Fear is used as a motivational tool by the government over the masses.
  8. Religion and Government are Intertwined
    Governments in fascist nations tend to use the most common religion in the nation as a tool to manipulate public opinion. Religious rhetoric and terminology is common from government leaders, even when the major tenets of the religion are diametrically opposed to the government's policies or actions.
  9. Corporate Power is Protected
    The industrial and business aristocracy of a fascist nation often are the ones who put the government leaders into power, creating a mutually beneficial business/government relationship and power elite.
  10. Labor Power is Suppressed
    Because the organizing power of labor is the only real threat to a fascist government, labor unions are either eliminated entirely, or are severely suppressed .
  11. Disdain for Intellectuals and the Arts
    Fascist nations tend to promote and tolerate open hostility to higher education, and academia. It is not uncommon for professors and other academics to be censored or even arrested. Free expression in the arts is openly attacked, and governments often refuse to fund the arts.
  12. Obsession with Crime and Punishment
    Under fascist regimes, the police are given almost limitless power to enforce laws. The people are often willing to overlook police abuses and even forego civil liberties in the name of patriotism. There is often a national police force with virtually unlimited power in fascist nations.
  13. Rampant Cronyism and Corruption
    Fascist regimes almost always are governed by groups of friends and associates who appoint each other to government positions and use governmental power and authority to protect their friends from accountability. It is not uncommon in fascist regimes for national resources and even treasures to be appropriated or even outright stolen by government leaders.
  14. Fraudulent Elections
    Sometimes elections in fascist nations are a complete sham. Other times elections are manipulated by smear campaigns against or even assassination of opposition candidates, use of legislation to control voting numbers or political district boundaries, and manipulation of the media. Fascist nations also typically use their judiciaries to manipulate or control elections.
https://ratical.org/ratville/CAH/fasci14chars.html

Happy to debate them, one by one.  It varies among the many forms of Fascism...
It's morphed into all that crap. It's not quite that verbose.

You are punishing yourself with this "I'll debate each point" ****.

I hope FOS volunteers to do you the "favor". I won't.

Not my game, but thanks for the list.
 


Please seat yourself.

I like the very things you hate.

User avatar
Deezer Shoove

Post

User avatar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Posts: 17669

FOS » Yesterday, 10:27 pm » wrote: I think it is nore than that. I'll offer my own anecdotal experience.

About 6 years ago i was pretty much a normal conservative. And I would go on Reddit and argue about the 'Gender wage gap' with feminists. I never fot banned. This is the debate that feminists are supposed to have with people...and they feel safe there.

More recently I went on Reddit and argued with feminists that democracy has had a negative impact on female power and provided the per capita difference in female monarchs versus female prime ministers. I even expressed my point of view in a pro female light....like ' This seems like an unspoken issue with democracy'

Instantly banned.

Feminists haven't heard that point before. They don't know how to respond to it. This is more disturbing than the 'Enemy you know'....even if it is a 'Friend you don't know'
The fear of the unknown kicks in. It is a strong and very subjective state of mind.

I looked up "fascism" in my 1919 Websters dictionary. The word didn't exist in the English language yet.
(btw Came across "fear" during the search and it has a very long set of meanings.)
So the word was born of an Italian word meaning "bundle" or, in context, a group of people.

Benito turned his new word into a dark symbol. One can't dismiss that the word carried the reputation.
It has always been associated with the brutalities visited upon innocent people.
The squadsters in black shirts. 

I'm learning as I go...


Please seat yourself.

I like the very things you hate.


User avatar
Pengwin

Post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 7414

For starters...The 14 characteristics are:
  1. Powerful and Continuing Nationalism
    Fascist regimes tend to make constant use of patriotic mottos, slogans, symbols, songs, and other paraphernalia. Flags are seen everywhere, as are flag symbols on clothing and in public displays.
  2. Disdain for the Recognition of Human Rights
    Because of fear of enemies and the need for security, the people in fascist regimes are persuaded that human rights can be ignored in certain cases because of "need." The people tend to look the other way or even approve of torture, summary executions, assassinations, long incarcerations of prisoners, etc.
  3. Identification of Enemies/Scapegoats as a Unifying Cause
    The people are rallied into a unifying patriotic frenzy over the need to eliminate a perceived common threat or foe: racial , ethnic or religious minorities; liberals; communists; socialists, terrorists, etc.
  4. Supremacy of the Military
    Even when there are widespread domestic problems, the military is given a disproportionate amount of government funding, and the domestic agenda is neglected. Soldiers and military service are glamorized.
  5. Rampant Sexism
    The governments of fascist nations tend to be almost exclusively male-dominated. Under fascist regimes, traditional gender roles are made more rigid. Opposition to abortion is high, as is homophobia and anti-gay legislation and national policy.
  6. Controlled Mass Media
    Sometimes to media is directly controlled by the government, but in other cases, the media is indirectly controlled by government regulation, or sympathetic media spokespeople and executives. Censorship, especially in war time, is very common.
  7. Obsession with National Security
    Fear is used as a motivational tool by the government over the masses.
  8. Religion and Government are Intertwined
    Governments in fascist nations tend to use the most common religion in the nation as a tool to manipulate public opinion. Religious rhetoric and terminology is common from government leaders, even when the major tenets of the religion are diametrically opposed to the government's policies or actions.
  9. Corporate Power is Protected
    The industrial and business aristocracy of a fascist nation often are the ones who put the government leaders into power, creating a mutually beneficial business/government relationship and power elite.
  10. Labor Power is Suppressed
    Because the organizing power of labor is the only real threat to a fascist government, labor unions are either eliminated entirely, or are severely suppressed .
  11. Disdain for Intellectuals and the Arts
    Fascist nations tend to promote and tolerate open hostility to higher education, and academia. It is not uncommon for professors and other academics to be censored or even arrested. Free expression in the arts is openly attacked, and governments often refuse to fund the arts.
  12. Obsession with Crime and Punishment
    Under fascist regimes, the police are given almost limitless power to enforce laws. The people are often willing to overlook police abuses and even forego civil liberties in the name of patriotism. There is often a national police force with virtually unlimited power in fascist nations.
  13. Rampant Cronyism and Corruption
    Fascist regimes almost always are governed by groups of friends and associates who appoint each other to government positions and use governmental power and authority to protect their friends from accountability. It is not uncommon in fascist regimes for national resources and even treasures to be appropriated or even outright stolen by government leaders.
  14. Fraudulent Elections
    Sometimes elections in fascist nations are a complete sham. Other times elections are manipulated by smear campaigns against or even assassination of opposition candidates, use of legislation to control voting numbers or political district boundaries, and manipulation of the media. Fascist nations also typically use their judiciaries to manipulate or control elections.
https://ratical.org/ratville/CAH/fasci14chars.html

Happy to debate them, one by one.  It varies among the many forms of Fascism...
 

User avatar
Pengwin

Post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 7414

FOS » Yesterday, 10:31 pm » wrote: The basic foundation of critical race theory is that white men are wrong.

 
I would imagine that CRT folks would say the root of the problem is white men such as yourself, who (wrongly) believe that they can't be wrong...
 



Log in or Register to remove ads