After YEARS during which the Latino vote was SOLIDLY Democrat... TODAY, the Latino vote in America has officially become a swing vote... and quickly moving toward being SOLID REPUBLICAN... The question is WHY? HERE Republican Conservatives EXPLAIN the FIVE (5) reasons Hispanics are becoming a SOLID Republican Voting Block !!
1) Religious liberty ! Latinos are religious, mainly conservative Catholics or Evangelicals, and they want to worship freely in their churches. The church is the anchor for Latino communities. During COVID-19, Democrat and Republican lawmakers who were willing to close America’s churches indefinitely while leaving bars open left an indelible mark on this faith community. Our political leaders do not have permission to use our churches as sanctuaries for immigration policies while also allowing big government to squeeze our freedom of religion. The same principle applies to all our sincerely held religious beliefs. What the Left deems non-essential is essential to Latino life.
2) Parental rights ! Latinos commitment to the family unit is just as strong as our commitment to faith. Multiple generations of Hispanic and Latino families have historically lived near one another as they raise their children. But public schools, funded by taxes, cannot force children to sit at desks and listen to ideologies that directly contradict the values and morals taught around tables at home. Candidates who stand up for parental rights and believe in educating our children, not indoctrinating them, will win the Latino vote every time. We don’t pay the government to raise our children. We pay the government to teach them arithmetic and that one plus one still equals two.
3) Right to life ! Latinos believe in life from the womb until the tomb. As Hispanic and Latino women have more access to adequate healthcare, our birth rates rise, and abortion rates fall. Evangelical and Catholic Latinos, in particular, believe our children are made in the very image of God and, therefore, have the same rights as any of us. Latinos will reject the extreme abortion policies of the Left every time.
4) Free markets ! Latinos comprise one of the most upwardly mobile communities in the nation. One reason is that many Latinos are often immigrants who know the alternative. The community doesn’t think it’s cute when millennial socialists ride their popular wave of support to the praise of Hollywood and Manhattan’s jet-setters. Many fathers and mothers left their countries to find refuge here because of the consequences of evil ideas increasingly in vogue in America. Latinos have a zero-tolerance policy for the neo-Marxist, woke ideology emanating from the AOC-class of politicians.
5) Compassionate but firm on immigration ! There’s subtle racism among our politicians, which causes them to think that the only issue Latinos care about is immigration. The issue is essential to the Latino community, but it isn’t at the top of the list. But, when you get to immigration, the approach isn’t that of the white, liberal elites who keep telling Americans of color that open borders are the answer. On the contrary, Latinos support legal immigration. Latinos want comprehensive immigration reform that keeps out the human traffickers, drug smugglers and other criminals who abuse America’s compassion in the act of ultimate unfairness to immigrants who did it right in the first place.
“There have been more abridgements of personal freedoms… by the gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by the violent and sudden usurpation by external enemies.” — James Madison (Speaking about Modern Day DEMOCRATS... even though he DID NOT realize it at the time )