Skans » 01 Feb 2023, 4:58 pm » wrote: ↑
Would you take this deal?
- You could go back in time and be 18 years old, and retain your knowledge of everything you learned up to this point in your life.
- You get to relive your life, but not only that, you get to use the information you have at this time, even in the past. For example, you could play the stock market knowing what you know now, but back whenever you were 18 - to whatever age you are now. Or, make different personal choices, etc.
- There's no "gotcha's" - you don't have to sell your soul and nothing "bad" will necessarily happen to you. However, you will have to live with your new decisions, choices and consequences.
- Once you go back, your life will go by in real time - there's no jumping forward or back again - this is your one "do-over", but everything gets done over and it is doubtful that things will end up exactly the same as your life is right now.
- As an added bonus, if you are presently 70 years old for example (or whatever age you are), this would (potentially) give you 52 more years of life (in addition to whatever you've still got left). So, the older you are, you're sort of cheating death!
So, which of you would take this deal?
Sure, I would like to do that, only not at the age of 18 but 22... and correct something, see how that would have worked out.. but if you change something then you don't get to relive your life, it would be a different life.. the person you are now is the result of decisions you made in the past and experiences you had so you can't do it all over again, it would be a different you..
But a deal implies you.. the devil.. would get something out of it too, if there's no gotcha it wouldn't be a deal with the devil...