Posts that are worth Repeating

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
369 posts
sooted up Cyndi

Unread post

Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece
Politics: Independent

ROFL
Azalea » 09 Jun 2020, 11:50 am » wrote:
09 Jun 2020, 11:50 am
The constitution failed on DAY 1?????

day 1 was a great movie.  

Annoyed Liberall

Unread post

Hot Little Twist
Hot Little Twist
Politics: Classical Liberal

AnnoyedLiberall » 16 Jun 2020, 9:24 am » wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 9:24 am
I don't think Senior Mods have that power.
If they do, I don't know about it.
It's never even occurred to me to look at another member's private communications.

kfools » 16 Jun 2020, 9:26 am » wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 9:26 am
Well you should.

You can uncover a lot.

Like people plotting to steal your format to clone your site for instance. Using your email database to do so.
This right here says a lot.
For every member here, I cannot see your Private Messages.
Post with impunity.
Those are your PRIVATE communications.

Misty

Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Politics: Liberal

AntifaPPE Mask
AnnoyedLiberall » 16 Jun 2020, 9:57 am » wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 9:57 am
AnnoyedLiberall » 16 Jun 2020, 9:24 am » wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 9:24 am
I don't think Senior Mods have that power.
If they do, I don't know about it.
It's never even occurred to me to look at another member's private communications.
kfools » 16 Jun 2020, 9:26 am » wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 9:26 am
Well you should.

You can uncover a lot.

Like people plotting to steal your format to clone your site for instance. Using your email database to do so.
This right here says a lot.
For every member here, I cannot see your Private Messages.
Post with impunity.
Those are your PRIVATE communications.
I agree 100%.
kfools asked me if I have ever read anyone's PM's, as if that was a perfectly normal thing to do.

Pretty sure we don't have that power, but I have never even tried to find out, because I have no desire to ever read another members PM's.

Annoyed Liberall

Unread post

Hot Little Twist
Hot Little Twist

Misty » 16 Jun 2020, 10:20 am » wrote:
16 Jun 2020, 10:20 am
I agree 100%.
kfools asked me if I have ever read anyone's PM's, as if that was a perfectly normal thing to do.

Pretty sure we don't have that power, but I have never even tried to find out, because I have no desire to ever read another members PM's.
Right?
Why would anyone do that?
I think all members just assumed they had the right to privacy with those messages.

Annoyed Liberall

Unread post

Hot Little Twist
Hot Little Twist

SJConspirator » 17 Jun 2020, 10:25 pm » wrote:
17 Jun 2020, 10:25 pm
“The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation, and go to the grave with the song still in them.” The above quote comes from the classic book “Walden” written by Henry David Thoreau.

I go to work day in and day out, I pay taxes, and almost everybody I know does the same. Its the story of the bland timid masses, and yeh, I'm guilty of being among them.

These protestors could have stayed working as a minimum wage cashier at 7/11, smoke some pot play video games and go to sleep. Wake up the next day, repeat, ad nauseum. But they said, "Nah, lets go out and brave rubber bullets, tear gas, and police jackboots to the face, possibly applied with deadly force."

For what? Huge downside risk, zero upside reward. They hit the streets out of some motivation besides greed. That fact, that any American gets up and does something dramatic with ANY motivation other than sheer greed is amazing to me, and the balls it takes to go out and confront the police. I respect it, its interesting, its exciting, its defiant, and these protestors have enough haters to go around so this is a public forum, I am using my free speech to publicly support them.
I cosign this post!

SJConspirator

Unread post

Politics: Green

AnnoyedLiberall » 18 Jun 2020, 9:03 am » wrote:
18 Jun 2020, 9:03 am
I cosign this post!

The equal right of all men to the use of land is as clear as their equal right to breathe the air - it is a right proclaimed by the very fact of their existence. Henry George

Annoyed Liberall

Unread post

Hot Little Twist
Hot Little Twist

This exchange gives me hope for mankind.
Two of our most reasonable and educated posters IMO having a brilliant exchange.
Phelix_Dacat » 27 Jun 2020, 1:47 am » wrote:
27 Jun 2020, 1:47 am
An interesting argument but it leads me to an inevitable question.

If a person who has been infected with Covid-19 and survived is so desirable as an employee that it will soon be the one thing that will tip the scales between otherwise equal candidates, why is the military classifying all such people as permanently disqualified from joining the military?

I wonder what they know that we do not know, yet.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your ... -military/
Phelix_Dacat » 27 Jun 2020, 2:01 am » wrote:
27 Jun 2020, 2:01 am
I agree, but I'd like to hear what SJ has to say. I might disagree with him on policy, but he usually argues in good faith. That's rare here and I'll definitely give what he has to say some thought.
SJConspirator » 27 Jun 2020, 10:32 am » wrote:
27 Jun 2020, 10:32 am
You just blew to smithereens my whole theory and premise for this thread in a couple sentences. Well done.
Phelix_Dacat » 27 Jun 2020, 10:37 am » wrote:
27 Jun 2020, 10:37 am
Not my intention. I was hoping you had a counter to what I posted which would mean contracting Covid-19 is not as dire as the military decision would impart. My hope is in smithereens as well.
SJConspirator » 27 Jun 2020, 10:44 am » wrote:
27 Jun 2020, 10:44 am
I figured that eventually herd immunity would set in, and that would be something desirable in workers, as it would mean they won’t get the virus and miss working time becoming sick. But if the military says its a permanent ban, my theory must be wrong.

Phelix_Dacat

Unread post

Politics: Liberal

Antifa
Please excuse the intrusion in this thread. I need to be clear that righteous added an update to the article I posted which moves the meter more in SJ's direction. Here's that exchange.
Phelix_Dacat » 28 Jun 2020, 2:52 pm » wrote:
28 Jun 2020, 2:52 pm
righteous » 28 Jun 2020, 2:40 pm » wrote:
28 Jun 2020, 2:40 pm
Phelix_Dacat » 27 Jun 2020, 1:47 am » wrote:
27 Jun 2020, 1:47 am
An interesting argument but it leads me to an inevitable question.

If a person who has been infected with Covid-19 and survived is so desirable as an employee that it will soon be the one thing that will tip the scales between otherwise equal candidates, why is the military classifying all such people as permanently disqualified from joining the military?

I wonder what they know that we do not know, yet.

Catch up your news. 
Thanks for the link and the heads up. I appreciate it. Quoting the article
<snip>

Military Entrance Processing Command will now accept recruits who have previously tested positive for coronavirus as long as they haven’t been hospitalized, the official confirmed, a clarifying update of what is still interim guidance.

The official, who was not authorized to speak on record about the policy, did not provide any specific definition of hospitalization, which could include layers of severity from an emergency room visit, to supportive care like oxygen and fluids, to intubation for a ventilator to facilitate breathing.

<snip>

With so little research available on the long-term implications of a COVID-19 infection, MEPCOM is erring on the side of caution. Preliminary studies have found significant lung damage in COVID-19 patients, which could affect fitness for combat in a service member. There are also questions as to whether the antibodies provide any protection against re-infection, or if one bout with coronavirus could make a person more susceptible to another.

<snip>
That's much better than the blanket ban on any Covid-19 survivor. Erring on the side of caution. OK.

Thanks once again, righteous.

Annoyed Liberall

Unread post

Hot Little Twist
Hot Little Twist

Phelix_Dacat » 30 Jun 2020, 12:45 pm » wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 12:45 pm
Please excuse the intrusion in this thread. I need to be clear that righteous added an update to the article I posted which moves the meter more in SJ's direction. Here's that exchange.

Thank you!