Chris Christies Press Conference Claims Don't Add Up

Started by skews13

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules

PreviousNext
163 replies to this topic Sticky this thread

Posted by Huey
  12,763 09 Jan 2014, 5:14 pm

Huey Proud Reinstated Member of the Misty Ignore List

Liberacon Liberacon political affiliation
Politics: Liberacon
Money: 12,763.02

skews13 » 09 Jan 2014 4:13 pm wrote:

Yep, the bridge is a connector between two states, which means interstate commerce. The real crimes to me though is the delay of emergency response vehicles, and putting children on school buses in harms way. These are not petty instances of finger pointing.

I am sure Holder will be all over it and then the truth will come out.

Posted by Obummerstinks
  11,019 09 Jan 2014, 5:25 pm

Obummerstinks User avatar

Conservative Conservative political affiliation
Politics: Conservative
Money: 11,018.76

golfboy » 09 Jan 2014 3:03 pm wrote:
So, let's review so far.
Like Obama, Christie has claimed no knowledge of the events.
Unlike Obama, Christie held a marathon press conference, answering every question leveled at him.
Unlike Obama, Christie has fired everyone involved in this event.
Unlike Obama, Christie has accepted responsibility for the actions of his subordinates.

I don't like Christie, but it fun to watch the Obamatrons attack him, for acting responsibly after their years of defense of Obama's irresponsibility.

BTW, did you know that more people have been fired over "bridgegate" than have been fired for Benghazi, the IRS Scandal and the failure of Obamacare, combined?
Ouch.

A factual summary, nice job.

And FWIW, I'm truly enjoying the depth of fear the regressives extremists are displaying. I knew they're afraid of Christie, I just didn't realize just how scared of him they are.

Skeptic's Photo
Posted by Skeptic
  1,854 09 Jan 2014, 5:35 pm

Skeptic      

Democratic Democratic political affiliation
Politics: Democratic
Money: 1,854.22

Yep, the bridge is a connector between two states, which means interstate commerce. The real crimes to me though is the delay of emergency response vehicles, and putting children on school buses in harms way. These are not petty instances of finger pointing.

Correct!

Politically, Christie has another problem in that he exhibited absolutely no concern for this matter at all, having - long and hard - belittled the matter. Instead he bleated about how his staff lied to him. That was what he was so upset about. Given the OP plus what the press is calling his "me-me-me-mea-culpa," his press will be highly unfavorable for months, and you can bet your pinkie that Paul, Rubio, Santorum, Cruz and the rest will skewer Christie with this till the nomination is past or till Christie drops out.

Posted by Huey
  12,763 09 Jan 2014, 5:39 pm

Skeptic » 09 Jan 2014 4:35 pm wrote:

Correct!

Politically, Christie has another problem in that he exhibited absolutely no concern for this matter at all, having - long and hard - belittled the matter. Instead he bleated about how his staff lied to him. That was what he was so upset about. Given the OP plus what the press is calling his "me-me-me-mea-culpa," his press will be highly unfavorable for months, and you can bet your pinkie that Paul, Rubio, Santorum, Cruz and the rest will skewer Christie with this till the nomination is past or till Christie drops out.

I asked the question on the other thread. Could you explain exactly how this punishes the mayor of a city? The PA OF NJ Makes the decision. What is the political payoff?

I also bet that this will die out. Immigration will be the hot button topic shortly and of course a return to the ACA with the midterms around the corner.

Skeptic's Photo
Posted by Skeptic
  1,854 09 Jan 2014, 5:46 pm

Skeptic      

Huey » 09 Jan 2014 4:39 pm wrote:

I asked the question on the other thread. Could you explain exactly how this punishes the mayor of a city? The PA OF NJ Makes the decision. What is the political payoff?

I also bet that this will die out. Immigration will be the hot button topic shortly and of course a return to the ACA with the midterms around the corner.

Saw your post and agree, also commented. I don't get it -- maybe his staff or his political appointees can explain it. But, the fact that they wanted to punish the mayor is pretty obvious.

Bridgegate will follow Christie for the rest of his carreer.

Posted by Huey
  12,763 09 Jan 2014, 5:48 pm

Skeptic » 09 Jan 2014 4:46 pm wrote:

Saw your post and agree, also commented. I don't get it -- maybe his staff or his political appointees can explain it. But, the fact that they wanted to punish the mayor is pretty obvious.

Bridgegate will follow Christie for the rest of his carreer.

It probably will. That really isn't the question. The question is how much will it hurt him. If Obama and Hilary are not suffering from some of the doozies they lived thru it is possible Christie will survive as well. But then again that depends on the press, doesn't it?

Skeptic's Photo
Posted by Skeptic
  1,854 09 Jan 2014, 5:56 pm

Skeptic      

Huey » 09 Jan 2014 4:48 pm wrote:

It probably will. That really isn't the question. The question is how much will it hurt him. If Obama and Hilary are not suffering from some of the doozies they lived thru it is possible Christie will survive as well. But then again that depends on the press, doesn't it?

It depends on a lot of things. You assume too much right-wing commentary is true with respect to Obama and Clinton. Watch more varied sources. Christie's problem is that the fact that his office did this is now indisputable - making it an ACTUAL scandal, rather than wishful thinking.

I think Christie will survive as governor, but parts of NJ press are already pressuring him to resign. Predictably, Christie scoffs in a manner similar to when the Bridgegate story first broke.

Posted by Misty
  26,208 09 Jan 2014, 5:56 pm

Misty Nevertheless, she persisted.
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Independent Independent political affiliation
Politics: N/A
Money: 26,207.74

golfboy » 09 Jan 2014 3:34 pm wrote:
Misty » 09 Jan 2014 3:32 pm wrote:
It is illegal for public assets to be used for a political purpose.
The executive director of the Port Authority said violations of not only state but federal law have occurred.

The executive director of the Port Authority is not a law enforcement position, it is a political one.
Did you notice he cited no laws which were violated?

You don't have to be law enforcement to know that it is illegal to use public assets for political purposes.
Don't worry, I'm sure this investigation has only just begun.
You don't decide which laws were broken before you investigate, you investigate to find out which laws if any were broken.

Golfboy: And did you hold the same position when the IRS was used to target people for political purposes.
Or when the Obama Administration closed the national parks and monuments, for political purposes?
Or when they sent public assets out to lie about what happened in Benghazi?

1. Can you cite the specific laws that were broken, since that seems to be your criteria?
Imagine if e-mails had surfaced out of the President's Chief Of Staff's office ordering the IRS to target Conservative groups.
You guys would have been screaming for Obama's head on a platter.

2. You mean when Republicans shut down the government?

3. Are you referring to Susan Rice as a 'public asset'?
And still sticking with the story that she was told to lie?

neue regel's Photo
Posted by neue regel
  1,093 09 Jan 2014, 6:25 pm

neue regel    

Money: 1,093.03

Misty » 09 Jan 2014 3:32 pm wrote:
golfboy » 09 Jan 2014 3:16 pm wrote:
I'm sorry, can you quote the laws broken in this "real scandal" of "real crimes"?

It is illegal for public assets to be used for a political purpose.
The executive director of the Port Authority said violations of not only state but federal law have occurred.

Illegal or not, I agree with you about the guys who did this and their abuse of authority. That's why the IRS scandal should have been an outrage to all Americans.

Skeptic's Photo
Posted by Skeptic
  1,854 09 Jan 2014, 6:31 pm

Skeptic      

neue regel » 09 Jan 2014 5:25 pm wrote:

Illegal or not, I agree with you about the guys who did this and their abuse of authority. That's why the IRS scandal should have been an outrage to all Americans.

The "IRS Scandal" is an allegation of wrong-doing. Wrong-doing by Christie's office is admitted by the governor, himself!

There is no equivalence.

Posted by Cedar
  9,359 09 Jan 2014, 6:31 pm

Cedar Sideways Down an Old Dirt Road
Cannonpointer's Internet Barrister

Classical Liberal Classical Liberal political affiliation
Politics: Classical Liberal
Money: 9,359.34

None of which you can put Christie's fingerprints on, try again.

MoGreen's Photo
Posted by MoGreen
  14,808 09 Jan 2014, 6:34 pm

MoGreen       

Politics: N/A
Money: 14,807.69

Dick Cheney, needing an excuse to attack Iraq, ginned up a yellowcake story out of thin fucking air, slipped it to the press through back channels, then when they ran the story, he held a press conference where he cited it as evidence of Iraq building nuclear weapons. ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK!!!

Mission Accomplished.

CONfucks were filled with glee.

Skeptic's Photo
Posted by Skeptic
  1,854 09 Jan 2014, 6:34 pm

Skeptic      

Cedarswamp » 09 Jan 2014 5:31 pm wrote:

None of which you can put Christie's fingerprints on, try again.

Even he admits he is responsible for his office. Legally, he is not (yet) implicated. Politically, he's jumped into a fairly deep hole.

Posted by Cedar
  9,359 09 Jan 2014, 6:35 pm

Cedar Sideways Down an Old Dirt Road

Classical Liberal Classical Liberal political affiliation
Politics: Classical Liberal
Money: 9,359.34

Skeptic » 09 Jan 2014 5:34 pm wrote:

Even he admits he is responsible for his office. Legally, he is not (yet) implicated. Politically, he's jumped into a fairly deep hole.

Scandal over, bank it.

Endoscopy's Photo
Posted by Endoscopy
  6,862 09 Jan 2014, 6:36 pm

Endoscopy      

Money: 6,861.55

Huey » 09 Jan 2014 4:05 pm wrote:
Endoscopy » 09 Jan 2014 4:02 pm wrote:
:rofl: :die: :die: :die: :rofl:

you are indicting Obama with that statement. He uses the federal agencies to attack Republicans and Tea party people. But you progressives keep your head in the sand over that.

For example Gibson Guitar was descended upon by many gun toting government enforcers and the company shut down. They were charged with using a special wood from India they were not supposed to use. The government thugs ignored the documentation that they had gotten the needed permission from both the Indian and US government agencies to use this wood in making their top line of guitars. They forced Gibson to have that part manufactured in India even though they ignored the guitar manufacturer across town that used the exact same wood. The difference is that Gibson has Republicans in ownership and the other company has Democrats.

This is just one of many examples of misuse of power in the Obama administration.

That's ok. Obama said he was unaware of the strong arm tactics and was as pissed as the rest of us,

:die: :die: :die: :die: :die:
That is what he always says. He does a good impression of Sgt. Shultz my hero. He and the first Chico in Chico and the Man have the quotes that can get you out of anything.
I know nothiiiinnnng!!!
It's no my yob mon!!!!

Endoscopy's Photo
Posted by Endoscopy
  6,862 09 Jan 2014, 6:38 pm

Endoscopy      

Huey » 09 Jan 2014 4:12 pm wrote:
Endoscopy » 09 Jan 2014 4:09 pm wrote:
:die: :die: :die: :die: :die:
skews is at it again with is hysterical idiocy. He ignores all of the scandals in the Obama administration and attacks a Republican before all of the information has come out. Obama imitates Sgt. Shultz and promises to investigate it and then silence or in the case of Holder getting into trouble with Fast and Furious he puts it under executive privilege. I wonder if skews understands the Sgt. Shultz mention. LOL

How many people have to die to make a real scandal?????

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I thought skews was Sgt Schultz. He knows nothing, right?

You got it.

Posted by Obummerstinks
  11,019 09 Jan 2014, 6:39 pm

Obummerstinks User avatar

Money: 11,018.76

Skeptic » 09 Jan 2014 5:34 pm wrote:

If only we had a POTUS that took such personal responsibility.

Posted by bingster
  10,948 09 Jan 2014, 6:40 pm

bingster User avatar

Money: 10,948.27

golfboy » 09 Jan 2014 3:34 pm wrote:
The executive director of the Port Authority is not a law enforcement position, it is a political one.
Did you notice he cited no laws which were violated?

And did you hold the same position when the IRS was used to target people for political purposes.
Or when the Obama Administration closed the national parks and monuments, for political purposes?
Or when they sent public assets out to lie about what happened in Benghazi?

One basic difference between Christy and Obama. Christy's situation is real. Obama's has all been debunked! That's a real difference, you know.

Endoscopy's Photo
Posted by Endoscopy
  6,862 09 Jan 2014, 6:40 pm

Endoscopy      

Huey » 09 Jan 2014 4:14 pm wrote:

I am sure Holder will be all over it and then the truth will come out.

:die: :rofl: :die:
Just like he did with Fast and Furious.

:rofl: :die: :rofl:

Southern indep's Photo
Posted by Southern indep
  12,211 09 Jan 2014, 6:41 pm

Southern indep INVICTA REX
INVICTA REX

Politics: Independent
Money: 12,211.43

skews13 » 09 Jan 2014 3:13 pm wrote:

Hell no. Benghazi is trumped up bullshit that has been totally debunked as the bullshit that it is.

This is a real scandal, with real evidence, pointing to real players, that committed real crimes.

Now you rightwards are dragging the four dead in Benghazi through the mud again as a counter argument to this scandal?

Do you people have any sense of shame? Because apparently you have no sense of moral integrity.

So a traffic jam is a scandal .....???????

What if he came out front and said.... That democratic mayor missed me off so I forked up traffic for a couple of weeks....

What then?

All it is ,.democrats know they have forked up so bad the past six years , that if Christi runs he is a shoe in.

So there going to keep as much negative attention on Christie as possible for the primaries of the 2016 election.

Democrats are positioning for the next election, simple... As that

PreviousNext

Return to No Holds Barred Political Forum