Chris Christies Press Conference Claims Don't Add Up

Started by skews13

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules

PreviousNext
163 replies to this topic Sticky this thread

MoGreen's Photo
Posted by MoGreen
  14,860 09 Jan 2014, 6:42 pm

MoGreen       

Independent Independent political affiliation
Politics: N/A
Money: 14,859.97

I wasn't aware cause I was eating a barrel of bear bait, which took both hands, just like this....honest. I JUST wanna be president. I GOTTA!
Last edited by MoGreen on 09 Jan 2014, 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skeptic's Photo
Posted by Skeptic
  1,854 09 Jan 2014, 6:42 pm

Skeptic      

Democratic Democratic political affiliation
Politics: Democratic
Money: 1,854.22

Cedarswamp » 09 Jan 2014 5:35 pm wrote:

Scandal over, bank it.

How about we wait and see? I think you suffer wishful thinking, here.

Posted by Huey
  12,639 09 Jan 2014, 6:45 pm

Huey Proud Reinstated Member of the Misty Ignore List

Liberacon Liberacon political affiliation
Politics: Liberacon
Money: 12,638.72

Skeptic » 09 Jan 2014 4:56 pm wrote:

It depends on a lot of things. You assume too much right-wing commentary is true with respect to Obama and Clinton. Watch more varied sources. Christie's problem is that the fact that his office did this is now indisputable - making it an ACTUAL scandal, rather than wishful thinking.

I think Christie will survive as governor, but parts of NJ press are already pressuring him to resign. Predictably, Christie scoffs in a manner similar to when the Bridgegate story first broke.

YOU assume too much. You assume where I get my news. In also agree with on Christie but I beg to differ on the "wishful" thinking" bit.

And of course they are pressuring him to resign. Regardless of his party NJ is a democrat state. I will wait until more is presented before I am condemn him. It doesn't make sense.

Posted by bingster
  10,948 09 Jan 2014, 6:46 pm

bingster User avatar

Money: 10,948.27

neue regel » 09 Jan 2014 5:25 pm wrote:

Illegal or not, I agree with you about the guys who did this and their abuse of authority. That's why the IRS scandal should have been an outrage to all Americans.

It was an "outrage" to all Americans and even Obama said he was "outraged" by it. It has since been investigated and debunked! Only Fox News watchers still think it was real. They targeted liberal groups also. The guy doing it was conservative. They should have been targeting all politically oriented non-profits. etc.....

Posted by Cedar
  9,492 09 Jan 2014, 6:47 pm

Cedar Sideways Down an Old Dirt Road
Cannonpointer's Internet Barrister
Cannonpointer's Internet Barrister

Classical Liberal Classical Liberal political affiliation
Politics: Classical Liberal
Money: 9,492.10

Skeptic » 09 Jan 2014 5:42 pm wrote:

How about we wait and see? I think you suffer wishful thinking, here.

I want this to end his chances, I don't want him as a candidate, it's no secret I've been saying for over a year. No wishful thinking on my part....scandal over.

Endoscopy's Photo
Posted by Endoscopy
  6,862 09 Jan 2014, 6:48 pm

Endoscopy      

Conservative Conservative political affiliation
Politics: Conservative
Money: 6,861.55

bingster » 09 Jan 2014 5:40 pm wrote:
golfboy » 09 Jan 2014 3:34 pm wrote:
The executive director of the Port Authority is not a law enforcement position, it is a political one.
Did you notice he cited no laws which were violated?

And did you hold the same position when the IRS was used to target people for political purposes.
Or when the Obama Administration closed the national parks and monuments, for political purposes?
Or when they sent public assets out to lie about what happened in Benghazi?

One basic difference between Christy and Obama. Christy's situation is real. Obama's has all been debunked! That's a real difference, you know.

:die: :die: :die: :die: :die:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
You are hilarious in your silly defense of the indefensible.
How many people have to die for a scandal to be real????
4 in Benghazi, hundreds of Mexicans in Mexico and at least two US citizens in the US with Fast and Furious.
Why did Obama put Executive Privilege when Holder was getting close to being indicted for obstruction of congress????
I guess open and transparent went out the window his first day in office along with all other campaign promises.

Endoscopy's Photo
Posted by Endoscopy
  6,862 09 Jan 2014, 6:50 pm

Endoscopy      

Money: 6,861.55

bingster » 09 Jan 2014 5:46 pm wrote:

Illegal or not, I agree with you about the guys who did this and their abuse of authority. That's why the IRS scandal should have been an outrage to all Americans.

It was an "outrage" to all Americans and even Obama said he was "outraged" by it. It has since been investigated and debunked! Only Fox News watchers still think it was real. They targeted liberal groups also. The guy doing it was conservative. They should have been targeting all politically oriented non-profits. etc.....

People in the IRS said it happened and came down as an order from above them!!!!! How many people were fired or demoted for that scandal??? Oh that is right!!!!! ZERO
Last edited by Endoscopy on 09 Jan 2014, 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted by bingster
  10,948 09 Jan 2014, 6:51 pm

bingster User avatar

Southern indep » 09 Jan 2014 5:41 pm wrote:
So a traffic jam is a scandal .....???????

What if he came out front and said.... That democratic mayor missed me off so I forked up traffic for a couple of weeks....

What then?

All it is ,.democrats know they have forked up so bad the past six years , that if Christi runs he is a shoe in.

So there going to keep as much negative attention on Christie as possible for the primaries of the 2016 election.

Democrats are positioning for the next election, simple... As that

You have way too much unfounded respect for your own party to call Christie a "shoe in". He's not even a shoe in with your voters. I'll bet if we took a poll on this forum, only half of conservatives would vote for him. You might get some liberal spill over votes for him, but I seriously doubt a large majority of conservatives would vote for him.

Posted by Obummerstinks
  11,019 09 Jan 2014, 7:06 pm

Obummerstinks User avatar

Money: 11,018.76

bingster » 09 Jan 2014 5:51 pm wrote:

You have way too much unfounded respect for your own party to call Christie a "shoe in". He's not even a shoe in with your voters. I'll bet if we took a poll on this forum, only half of conservatives would vote for him. You might get some liberal spill over votes for him, but I seriously doubt a large majority of conservatives would vote for him.

If it came down to Christie and the arkansas hillbilly, it's pretty obvious who most conservatives would vote for. Thus, the attacks on him.

neue regel's Photo
Posted by neue regel
  1,093 09 Jan 2014, 7:13 pm

neue regel    

Money: 1,093.03

bingster » 09 Jan 2014 5:46 pm wrote:

Debunked??

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/01 ... targeting/

The investigation is ongoing, although I'm not sure how unbiased it can be given the circumstances.

Posted by bingster
  10,948 09 Jan 2014, 7:14 pm

bingster User avatar

Endoscopy » 09 Jan 2014 5:50 pm wrote:
People in the IRS said it happened and came down as an order from above them!!!!! How many people were fired or demoted for that scandal??? Oh that is right!!!!! ZERO

More came out after that. Liberal groups were also targeted. They should have been targeted. The whole law needs to be fixed. Originally, you couldn't use non-profit money for ANY political activity. That's the way it should be.

Posted by bingster
  10,948 09 Jan 2014, 7:17 pm

bingster User avatar

neue regel » 09 Jan 2014 6:13 pm wrote:

Debunked??

The investigation is ongoing, although I'm not sure how unbiased it can be given the circumstances.

Yea, if Issa's involved, everyone should know it's bunk to begin with:

“Additionally, removing a career employee from an investigation or case due to political affiliation, as Chairmen Issa and Jordan have requested, could also violate the equal opportunity policy and the law.” from you link

Posted by bingster
  10,948 09 Jan 2014, 7:18 pm

bingster User avatar

Obummerstinks » 09 Jan 2014 6:06 pm wrote:

If it came down to Christie and the arkansas hillbilly, it's pretty obvious who most conservatives would vote for. Thus, the attacks on him.

Really? Forget 2012, already? Wow, that was fast!

Posted by bingster
  10,948 09 Jan 2014, 7:20 pm

bingster User avatar

Endoscopy » 09 Jan 2014 5:48 pm wrote:
:die: :die: :die: :die: :die:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
You are hilarious in your silly defense of the indefensible.
How many people have to die for a scandal to be real????
4 in Benghazi, hundreds of Mexicans in Mexico and at least two US citizens in the US with Fast and Furious.
Why did Obama put Executive Privilege when Holder was getting close to being indicted for obstruction of congress????
I guess open and transparent went out the window his first day in office along with all other campaign promises.

Obama didn't cause Benghazi, asshole! There were shortcomings to come out of the investigation, but nothing you can hang Obama for. You're full of shit.

neue regel's Photo
Posted by neue regel
  1,093 09 Jan 2014, 7:23 pm

neue regel    

Money: 1,093.03

bingster » 09 Jan 2014 6:17 pm wrote:
neue regel » 09 Jan 2014 6:13 pm wrote:

Debunked??

Yea, if Issa's involved, everyone should know it's bunk to begin with:

“Additionally, removing a career employee from an investigation or case due to political affiliation, as Chairmen Issa and Jordan have requested, could also violate the equal opportunity policy and the law.” from you link

I'll accept that we agree that the issue has neither been debunked nor investigated. To my knowledge, the lawsuits from the TEA party haven't come to fruition, either.

Racetex (RSIG)'s Photo
Posted by Racetex (RSIG)
  3,041 09 Jan 2014, 7:45 pm

Racetex (RSIG)      

Politics: Independent
Money: 3,041.34

Unfucking real. People really show what they are made of on this forum. Chris gets accused of doing something that he said he did not do and you guys want to hang him. Obama has claimed he didn't know so many times and all the left wants to do is give him a free pass. That is what this country has become and it will continue to go downhill. How can you guys justify slamming this guy while the Pres gets free passes left and right? If the Gov ordered the jam, he should resign his office.

Racetex (RSIG)'s Photo
Posted by Racetex (RSIG)
  3,041 09 Jan 2014, 7:47 pm

Racetex (RSIG)      

bingster » 09 Jan 2014 6:20 pm wrote:

Obama didn't cause Benghazi, asshole! There were shortcomings to come out of the investigation, but nothing you can hang Obama for. You're full of shit.

Do you think he and his staff were completely honest about Benghazi?

Racetex (RSIG)'s Photo
Posted by Racetex (RSIG)
  3,041 09 Jan 2014, 7:48 pm

Racetex (RSIG)      

bingster » 09 Jan 2014 6:14 pm wrote:

More came out after that. Liberal groups were also targeted. They should have been targeted. The whole law needs to be fixed. Originally, you couldn't use non-profit money for ANY political activity. That's the way it should be.

BS and everyone knows it. Why do you continue to turn ur head on this? Do me a favor, go look urself in the mirror and say the above.

Posted by Misty
  26,476 09 Jan 2014, 8:39 pm

Misty Nevertheless, she persisted.
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Politics: N/A
Money: 26,476.36

Endoscopy » 09 Jan 2014 4:02 pm wrote:
Misty » 09 Jan 2014 3:32 pm wrote:
It is illegal for public assets to be used for a political purpose.

you are indicting Obama with that statement. He uses the federal agencies to attack Republicans and Tea party people. But you progressives keep your head in the sand over that.

When exactly was it proven that Obama ordered anyone at the IRS to attack Republicans and Tea Party people?
I know Issa tried, but he came up empty.

Ironic that when it comes to Obama, you don't need no stinkin' proof.

Skeptic's Photo
Posted by Skeptic
  1,854 09 Jan 2014, 8:45 pm

Skeptic      

Money: 1,854.22

Racetex (RSIG) » 09 Jan 2014 6:48 pm wrote:

BS and everyone knows it. Why do you continue to turn ur head on this? Do me a favor, go look urself in the mirror and say the above.

Actually, Bingster is correct. Both sides were targeted. There is no scandal there - only wishful thinking.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/18/politics/irs-scandal/

PreviousNext

Return to No Holds Barred Political Forum