Chris Christies Press Conference Claims Don't Add Up

Started by skews13

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules

PreviousNext
163 replies to this topic Sticky this thread

Posted by rayj
  11,174 09 Jan 2014, 8:50 pm

rayj User avatar

Independent Independent political affiliation
Politics: Beer and Popcorn
Money: 11,174.00

By no means am I a Christie fan, but I give him some credit for acting quickly and firing the responsible people.

Now Obama on the other hand....how many has he fired for the AP, IRS, Benghazi and DoJ scandals again?

Skeptic's Photo
Posted by Skeptic
  1,854 09 Jan 2014, 8:50 pm

Skeptic      

Democratic Democratic political affiliation
Politics: Democratic
Money: 1,854.22

Racetex (RSIG) » 09 Jan 2014 6:45 pm wrote:
Unfucking real. People really show what they are made of on this forum. Chris gets accused of doing something that he said he did not do and you guys want to hang him. Obama has claimed he didn't know so many times and all the left wants to do is give him a free pass. That is what this country has become and it will continue to go downhill. How can you guys justify slamming this guy while the Pres gets free passes left and right? If the Gov ordered the jam, he should resign his office.

With all the redaction in literally hundreds of documents, something is being hidden. We'll know soon what it was. Now, I'm not accusing Christie of anything, yet. But, if he ordered it, he should be prosecuted and impeached. If he didn't know about it, how is it possible to imagine him competent enough to hold his current office, much less national office?

Posted by rayj
  11,174 09 Jan 2014, 8:55 pm

rayj User avatar

Skeptic » 09 Jan 2014 7:50 pm wrote:
Unfucking real. People really show what they are made of on this forum. Chris gets accused of doing something that he said he did not do and you guys want to hang him. Obama has claimed he didn't know so many times and all the left wants to do is give him a free pass. That is what this country has become and it will continue to go downhill. How can you guys justify slamming this guy while the Pres gets free passes left and right? If the Gov ordered the jam, he should resign his office.

With all the redaction in literally hundreds of documents, something is being hidden. We'll know soon what it was. Now, I'm not accusing Christie of anything, yet. But, if he ordered it, he should be prosecuted and impeached. If he didn't know about it, how is it possible to imagine him competent enough to hold his current office, much less national office?

Come on Skeptic. Obama knew nothing about the AP, IRS, DoJ and Benghazi (so he says). But you will swear up and down he is competent.

Hat_Creek's Photo
Posted by Hat_Creek
  1,312 09 Jan 2014, 8:57 pm

Hat_Creek      

Anarchist Anarchist political affiliation
Politics: Anarchist
Money: 1,311.78

Oh look
Libturds have a scandal to play with now.
Only took five years too.
Turds did deserve their turn I guess.

"What difference does it make now"
That one seemed to work fairly well for turds.
I think Mr. Christie should deploy it.
That should make it go away.

Southern indep's Photo
Posted by Southern indep
  12,211 09 Jan 2014, 9:10 pm

Southern indep INVICTA REX
INVICTA REX

Politics: Independent
Money: 12,211.43

bingster » 09 Jan 2014 5:51 pm wrote:

You have way too much unfounded respect for your own party to call Christie a "shoe in". He's not even a shoe in with your voters. I'll bet if we took a poll on this forum, only half of conservatives would vote for him. You might get some liberal spill over votes for him, but I seriously doubt a large majority of conservatives would vote for him.

My party ? What's my party again....???

Anyways if we polled Christie and Hillary Clinton you think Hillary would win over our cons?

No one pooled for Romney until he got the republican nominee.... I guarantee none of our cons voted Obama because they didn't like Romney.... seriously?

Two minutes ago. MSNBC. said he was a front runner for the twenty sixteen primaries until three days ago.... Let me quote Rachel Maddow
Responding to the scandal that has engulfed his administration that may have spiked his hopes of becoming the Republican presidential candidate.

This guy scares the hell out you all so let it be.....
That's why their starting the negative publicity now...
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Skeptic's Photo
Posted by Skeptic
  1,854 09 Jan 2014, 9:13 pm

Skeptic      

rayj » 09 Jan 2014 7:50 pm wrote:
By no means am I a Christie fan, but I give him some credit for acting quickly and firing the responsible people.

Now Obama on the other hand....how many has he fired for the AP, IRS, Benghazi and DoJ scandals again?

How do you know Christie isn't responsible and those he fired just scape-goats?

AP, IRS, Benghazi and DoJ are not actually scandals - just conservative fantasy scandals; With Bridgegate, evidence of corruption in the governor's office is overwhelming.

Skeptic's Photo
Posted by Skeptic
  1,854 09 Jan 2014, 9:15 pm

Skeptic      

rayj » 09 Jan 2014 7:55 pm wrote:

Come on Skeptic. Obama knew nothing about the AP, IRS, DoJ and Benghazi (so he says). But you will swear up and down he is competent.

You listen to too much FOX fantasy, Ray. Try more varied sources.

Southern indep's Photo
Posted by Southern indep
  12,211 09 Jan 2014, 9:20 pm

INVICTA REX

Skeptic » 09 Jan 2014 8:15 pm wrote:

Well I'm watching. MSNBC
It's hilarious

Skeptic's Photo
Posted by Skeptic
  1,854 09 Jan 2014, 9:24 pm

Skeptic      

Southern indep » 09 Jan 2014 8:20 pm wrote:
Well I'm watching. MSNBC
It's hilarious

Glad you're enjoying it!

I'm pretty sure Christie isn't sharing your mirth.

Southern indep's Photo
Posted by Southern indep
  12,211 09 Jan 2014, 9:31 pm

INVICTA REX

Skeptic » 09 Jan 2014 8:24 pm wrote:

Glad you're enjoying it!

I'm pretty sure Christie isn't sharing your mirth.

Dude it's just as bad as fox..
It's just fragmented video clips with Rachel Maddow narrating the plot.

Maddow should do some audio books..
She's a hell of a story teller

Skeptic's Photo
Posted by Skeptic
  1,854 09 Jan 2014, 9:37 pm

Skeptic      

Southern indep » 09 Jan 2014 8:31 pm wrote:
Dude it's just as bad as fox..
It's just fragmented video clips with Rachel Maddow narrating the plot.

Maddow should do some audio books..
She's a hell of a story teller

http://www.amazon.com/Drift-Unmooring-American-Military-Power/dp/0307460991

She narrates the audio book.

Skeptic's Photo
Posted by Skeptic
  1,854 09 Jan 2014, 9:43 pm

Skeptic      

Thought you'd like that. Good book. A bit beyond you, I suspect. Maybe a good bit.

Southern indep's Photo
Posted by Southern indep
  12,211 09 Jan 2014, 9:48 pm

INVICTA REX

Skeptic » 09 Jan 2014 8:43 pm wrote:

Thought you'd like that. Good book. A bit beyond you, I suspect. Maybe a good bit.

A hack endorsing a hack....

Posted by skews13
  2,617 09 Jan 2014, 9:50 pm

skews13 User avatar

Politics: N/A
Money: 2,617.12

Skeptic » 09 Jan 2014 7:50 pm wrote:

It's not over yet. Today the US Attorney for New Jersey is launching an investigation, along with the Port Authority, and Senate Democrats will release more documents Friday.

Posted by rayj
  11,174 09 Jan 2014, 9:52 pm

rayj User avatar

Scandals or not, Obama some how knew absolutely nothing about these goings on. Are you saying no one deserves to be fired for these? No one?

thelion's Photo
Posted by thelion
  1,294 09 Jan 2014, 10:00 pm

thelion    

Capitalist Capitalist political affiliation
Politics: Capitalist
Money: 1,294.28

rayj » 09 Jan 2014 7:50 pm wrote:

"QUICKLY"?!

This thing has been building for months, and he had a couple of people resign over it weeks ago.

What you think is 'quickly' is only 'quick' reaction to the situation getting out of control - reacting too late, like the guy trying to put out his engulfed garage after being warned about the flammable liquids for years.

Posted by rayj
  11,174 09 Jan 2014, 10:25 pm

rayj User avatar

What is a scandal anyway? How about an occurrence in which people are shocked and upset because of behavior that is morally or legally wrong. Is that a good definition?

You're telling me the AP incident was neither morally or legally wrong? Fast and Furious was neither? The IRS was neither? The NSA was neither? Benghazi was neither?

Then tell us, WTF were they?

Posted by Misty
  26,393 09 Jan 2014, 10:45 pm

Misty Nevertheless, she persisted.
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Money: 26,392.79

skews13 » 09 Jan 2014 4:13 pm wrote:
Misty » 09 Jan 2014 3:32 pm wrote:
golfboy » 09 Jan 2014 3:16 pm wrote:
I'm sorry, can you quote the laws broken in this "real scandal" of "real crimes"?

It is illegal for public assets to be used for a political purpose.
The executive director of the Port Authority said violations of not only state but federal law have occurred.

Yep, the bridge is a connector between two states, which means interstate commerce. The real crimes to me though is the delay of emergency response vehicles, and putting children on school buses in harms way. These are not petty instances of finger pointing.

I would love to know the name of the person who found it funny that school kids were stuck on those buses for hours.

Posted by Misty
  26,393 09 Jan 2014, 10:52 pm

Misty Nevertheless, she persisted.
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Money: 26,392.79

golfboy » 09 Jan 2014 3:16 pm wrote:
skews13 » 09 Jan 2014 3:13 pm wrote:
Hell no. Benghazi is trumped up bullshit that has been totally debunked as the bullshit that it is.
This is a real scandal, with real evidence, pointing to real players, that committed real crimes.

I'm sorry, can you quote the laws broken in this "real scandal" of "real crimes"?
Bet you can't.

Can you quote the laws broken in the IRS and Benghazi so-called scandals?
What about Park-Gate, since you seem so concerned about the closing of the National Parks?
No, you can't and none of you ever do.

Double standard much?
If you can't quote which laws were broken in all of these so-called scandals, then stop citing them.

What has been the outcome of all of Issa's dog and pony shows?
Nothing, but you continue to act as if he found Obama guilty of all sorts of things, and you keep spitting out IRS and Benghazi as if that means something.

PreviousNext

Return to No Holds Barred Political Forum