Trump's Transformation from talk to competence to re-election..

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
1896 posts
Termin8tor

Unread post

Politics: Conservative

Like a lot of conservatives, I was very skeptical of Trump throughout the primary.

I didn't like his style and a lot of his rhetoric, and I had doubts how committed he'd be to conservative and Free Market principles.

But his cabinet pick and policy promises are outstanding, with some exceptions like his protectionism and his meddling in business decisions.

Here's a strong Trump critic who is also largely won over.
Many Republicans (like me) were unimpressed by Donald Trump during the primary season, got behind him once he won the nomination, and now are blown away by his appointments as president-elect.Paul wrote a great post about Trump’s nominations of successful people, businessmen and others, which may have inspired the Michael Ramirez cartoon below.
Michael’s web site reproduced Paul’s post as commentary on this cartoon, titled “Metamorphosis.” It sums up the way a lot of conservatives feel about Trump’s evolution from oddball candidate to president-elect.

A couple of days after the election, while guest hosting the Laura Ingraham radio show, I interviewed Steve Moore, who served as an economic adviser to Trump’s campaign. Steve was positively giddy: he was convinced that on the large majority of issues, free marketeers like himself and Larry Kudlow have Trump’s ear.
Today I attended a lunch sponsored by the Economic Club of Minnesota, which is run by several friends of mine. It was a big event, and Steve Moore was the speaker. What struck me was that Steve is just as excited about the prospects of a Trump presidency today as he was on November 9, if not more so. That is what a series of excellent appointments will do.
http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2 ... terfly.php

Cannonpointer

Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Politics: Insurrectionist

WhistleSNAP
Termin8tor » 16 Dec 2016 10:16 pm » wrote:Like a lot of conservatives, I was very skeptical of Trump throughout the primary.

I didn't like his style and a lot of his rhetoric, and I had doubts how committed he'd be to conservative and Free Market principles.

But his cabinet pick and policy promises are outstanding, with some exceptions like his protectionism and his meddling in business decisions.

Here's a strong Trump critic who is also largely won over.
Okay, johny come lately - thanks for confirming the judgment of your betters.

While you were in hiding, I was defending tRump against all comers.
Conjobs LOVE Wall Street but hate the federal government - their masters' puppet.

When your map disputes the territory, it's your map that is wrong.
Hearing much sizzle, expect little steak
Lies are a lazy man's truths
Humanity's law of the jungle is survival of the tribe

Only weak ideas must be protected from debate, and only religions declare people heretics.

Nostalgia is a crime against past and present
You cannot betray me, only yourself, to me

Independent

Unread post

8 years and I'm still waiting for Obama's transition from talk to competence.

roadkill

Unread post

Independent » 17 Dec 2016 8:25 am » wrote:8 years and I'm still waiting for Obama's transition from talk to competence.

Please give Obama a break...he was busy being transparent.

TheAmerican

Unread post

roadkill

Unread post

Now Obama is blaming the media for being unfair to Hillary.

Only in the Twilight Zone.

NeoConvict

Unread post

Roll Out
roadkill » 17 Dec 2016 9:17 am » wrote: Now Obama is blaming the media for being unfair to Hillary.

Only in the Twilight Zone.
They did not give her ALL the debate questions and could have called Trump Hitler a few more times. That would have been more fair.
"I WOULD RATHER HAVE QUESTIONS THAT CANNOT BE ANSWERED...
THAN TO HAVE ANSWERS THAT CANNOT BE QUESTIONED"

Termin8tor

Unread post

Cannonpointer » 16 Dec 2016 10:57 pm » wrote:Okay, johny come lately - thanks for confirming the judgment of your betters.

While you were in hiding, I was defending tRump against all comers.
More babbling from a dishonest psychotic.

Termin8tor

Unread post

Cannonpointer » 16 Dec 2016 10:57 pm » wrote:While you were in hiding......
Blah, blah, blah, blah.

More bad news for liberals.
The South Carolina congressman, the president-elect's nominee to direct the Office of Management and Budget, is an advocate of strict curbs on government spending to reduce the deficit.

Mulvaney is a founding member of the House Freedom Caucus, a group of hard-liners who have pushed GOP leaders to the right.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pow ... et-office/

nuckin futz

Unread post

Politics: Independent

I borrowed this off another site....but it rings true!

The drawing back from the rush to globalism in Europe and the US has nothing to do with Putin. Borders and culture still matter to some in the West. Putin shares those values. Certainly, it plays into Putin's hands. Whether it is a voluntary rush towards Putin or not is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. It benefits Putin enormously, since he can run roughshod over America and fulfill his life-long dream of 'Making Russia Great Again'. In the meantime, America will continue to get browner and the Dems will continue to win the popular vote (meaning majority support). The Republicans may very well ride the nationalist/populist wave into power for some years, but it will be a Pyrrhic victory since they will have allowed a con man and a con movement to take over their party and bankrupt them ideologically (the pretense of being a moral values party is effectively dead and buried at this point). History will not remember them well.

I personally think Trump is being taken for a ride. He has the Likud party exploiting him, the Alt-Right exploiting him, Putin exploiting him, Wall Street exploiting him. All these players are whispering in his ear, and he doesn't have the qualities to repel them. He thinks that 'Hey, they like me, so I like them!' This is destined to explode in his face.

He needs to stand up against these agendas!

Slavery is the fiction that people are property
Corporate personhood is the fiction that corporations are people

Obummerstinks

Unread post

At this stage, I'm observing. Thankful that sack of **** traitorous lying **** HRC didn't win. Hopeful the PC and safe space agenda world is getting the last spittle from the fat lady singing their death song.

But when the rubber hits the road in January, I want to see a strong spined leader leading. I don't want to see someone caving to the usual influence that runs DC. I voted for the guy for two reasons - a vote against business as usual with the Clinton machine - but also a vote against business as usual of the silent mass money influence peddlers that run these goon puppets in DC.

If **** seems to be turning to "business as usual", I'll be as pissed as the left - just for different reasons. Obozo has turned the country and a full generation into a bunch of pussies - I truly want to see America made great again.
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.

What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it

Cannonpointer

Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
Termin8tor » 17 Dec 2016 9:59 am » wrote:
Blah, blah, blah, blah.

More bad news for liberals.
Let's hope tRump doesn't double the debt and get us in a quagmire like what happened the last time you people were "winners."

There are still a hundred and fifty soldiers a week dying from sucking on pistol barrels, thanks to bush's ill-advised, ill-managed, corrupt Iraq "war" shenanigans.

This will be the second time this century repukes have held hegemony, and it will likely end - as last time did - in you making effeminate excuses and blaming dems.
Conjobs LOVE Wall Street but hate the federal government - their masters' puppet.

Only weak ideas must be protected from debate, and only religions declare people heretics.

Termin8tor

Unread post

Cannonpointer » 17 Dec 2016 6:40 pm » wrote:Let's hope tRump doesn't double the debt and get us in a quagmire like what happened the last time you people were "winners."

There are still a hundred and fifty soldiers a week dying from sucking on pistol barrels, thanks to bush's ill-advised, ill-managed, corrupt Iraq "war" shenanigans.

This will be the second time this century repukes have held hegemony, and it will likely end - as last time did - in you making effeminate excuses and blaming dems.
As if your words have the slightest effect on anyone.

Cannonpointer

Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
Obummerstinks » 17 Dec 2016 1:55 pm » wrote:Obozo has turned the country and a full generation into a bunch of pussies - I truly want to see America made great again.
That's a deliberately hurtful and pejorative statement. I'm putting you on IGNORE!!!

crimsongulf

Unread post

Politics: Capitalist

AbitaBeer
AS far as debt, the dems are in a corner. Their mantra has been infrastructure spending. If it happens and debt occurs they can't say ****.

Obummerstinks

Unread post

Cannonpointer » 17 Dec 2016 8:59 pm » wrote:That's a deliberately hurtful and pejorative statement. I'm putting you on IGNORE!!!
Ahhhh yes.....ignore......the leftist forum member safe space.

And yes, in your case that's tongue and cheek
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.

What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it

Termin8tor

Unread post

Cannonpointer » 17 Dec 2016 6:40 pm » wrote:Let's hope tRump doesn't double the debt and get us in a quagmire like what happened the last time you people were "winners."
Well gosh, I'd hate to go through a huge economic boom like Reagan brought about with large gains in Americans' incomes. I mean, who would?

Not a Dim, for sure!
It seems clear that Donald Trump will end up with the most conservative Cabinet of any president in my lifetime. And yes, that includes Ronald Reagan...
How did this happen? Maybe Trump, who never seemed all that conservative, has come to embrace conservatism nearly across the board.
http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2 ... abinet.php

Tiger

Unread post

Politics: Libertarian

Obummerstinks » 17 Dec 2016 11:19 pm » wrote:

... in your case that's tongue and cheek
Talk like that gets him wet with excitement. Don't encourage him.

Cannonpointer

Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
Obummerstinks » 17 Dec 2016 11:19 pm » wrote:
Ahhhh yes.....ignore......the leftist forum member safe space.

And yes, in your case that's tongue and cheek
You're trying to lure me out of my safe space.

Termin8tor

Unread post

Cannonpointer » 16 Dec 2016 10:57 pm » wrote: While you were in hiding, I was defending tRump against all comers.
Why do I think that that's just another psychotic lie?

Meanwhile, back to Trump's and conservatives excellent prospects.

Thank you Harry Reid for dumping the filibuster! Excellent timing!
Trump with historic opportunity to reshape federal judiciary
By Rick Moran

Donald Trump will enter office in January with an unprecedented opportunity to immediately place his mark on the federal judiciary. According to the Washington Post, Trump will be able to fill more than 100 slots on the federal court at all levels, in addition to the vacant Supreme Court justice. Contrast that with the 54 vacancies President Obama faced when he took office in 2009.
Trump will have a Republican Senate eager to do his bidding - just as long as his nominees are conservative enough to pass muster.
The judiciary also is a top priority for McConnell, who stands ready to help the Trump White House identify candidates and grease the sometimes-laborious Senate confirmation process.
Donald Trump will enter office in January with an unprecedented opportunity to immediately place his mark on the federal judiciary. According to the Washington Post, Trump will be able to fill more than 100 slots on the federal court at all levels, in addition to the vacant Supreme Court justice. Contrast that with the 54 vacancies President Obama faced when he took office in 2009.
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/201 ... z4TxL4Qp4I