JOE BIDEN!!

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
179 posts
Buffalo

Unread post

   
   
Posts: 1,269
Location: Central Texas

RollingRock » 24 Aug 2020, 2:42 pm » wrote: Can you translate that into English?

Sorry, I don't speak fluent wingnut.  
Then you can surely understand this...

 
Log in or Register to remove ads

War is a Racket

User avatar
RollingRock

Unread post

User avatar
Liberals Only Moderator
Liberals Only Moderator
Posts: 1,238
Politics: Progressive
Location: Maine / Vermont

Beer
Buffalo » 24 Aug 2020, 2:56 pm » wrote: Your not the dim-0-crap party ****. Oh and i forgot to mention the only thing dim-0-craps are 100% united on is their hatred of Trump!
Then why have polls reflected that more black voters 40% support Trump. He got 8% of the black vote in 2016, if he gets just 20% of the black vote in Nov. he will win by a landslide. 
Listen to braindead's gun czar, beto, wanna be a messkin, orourke,  he said he was going to appoint if you don't think he will confiscate guns.
What "certain guns"? The AR15 is not an assualt rifle and is THE most widely used gun by legal gunowners in the US.
Your a goddamn communist!!!
Your post makes no sense.  Typical.

User avatar
slideman

Unread post

User avatar
  
  
Posts: 241
Politics: Progressive

RollingRock » 24 Aug 2020, 3:18 pm » wrote: Your post makes no sense.  Typical.

RR you PMd me with an invitation some months ago and I did not respond. Sorry and thank you. How is it with you?
slide

User avatar
RollingRock

Unread post

User avatar
Liberals Only Moderator
Liberals Only Moderator
Posts: 1,238
Politics: Progressive
Location: Maine / Vermont

Beer
slideman » 24 Aug 2020, 3:22 pm » wrote: RR you PMd me with an invitation some months ago and I did not respond. Sorry and thank you. How is it with you?
slide
That's OK, slideman.  Good to see you here.       Things got squirrelly over there pretty quickly, so I just wanted to let a few of the better posters know where I went and to consider registering here as well.  When kfools trashed the LO forum, I left the site.  Then once bludog and I were made mods here, kfools banned us.     

Otherwise, I'm doing well.  I'm officially retiring at the end of the year, so I'm excited about that.  Overall, I'm hanging in there.

** Excellent avatar, btw.    
 
 
 

User avatar
slideman

Unread post

User avatar
  
  
Posts: 241
Politics: Progressive

RollingRock » 24 Aug 2020, 3:34 pm » wrote: That's OK, slideman.  Good to see you here.       Things got squirrelly over there pretty quickly, so I just wanted to let a few of the better posters know where I went and to consider registering here as well.  When kfools trashed the LO forum, I left the site.  Then once bludog and I were made mods here, kfools banned us.     

Otherwise, I'm doing well.  I'm officially retiring at the end of the year, so I'm excited about that.  Overall, I'm hanging in there.

** Excellent avatar.  

It has turned into an invective festival over there. No fun at all.
I took social security this month. Free at last! Glad you are well.
Now I can focus on getting signed by a label. I approached Alligator- we'll see what they say.
Old farts are the best blues players- with a few exceptions!
slide

User avatar
RollingRock

Unread post

User avatar
Liberals Only Moderator
Liberals Only Moderator
Posts: 1,238
Politics: Progressive
Location: Maine / Vermont

Beer
slideman » 24 Aug 2020, 3:44 pm » wrote: It has turned into an invective festival over there. No fun at all.
There's a fair share of invective here, too.     However, here, the invective usually comes with some substance as well.  Usually.  I like this place much better.  
I took social security this mbonth. Free at last! Glad you are well.
Excellent!     I'm looking forward to not having to argue with insurance companies every day.  
  
Now I can focus on getting signed by a label. I approached Alligator- we'll see what they say.
Old farts are the best blues players- with a few exceptions!
slide
That's fantastic, slideman!      I hope that works out.  
 

Phoenix68.2.0

Unread post

      
      
Posts: 5,423
Politics: Liberal
Location: PA

slideman » 24 Aug 2020, 1:07 pm » wrote: I've been talking to lots of Bernie supporters. Democrats are united behind Joe Biden.
 
So.....Bernie-fans have FINALLY had their moment o' clarity, huh??

I'd say they have quite the debt, to pay, to the American-population, in-general.....specifically the ones who thought their lil' stay-home-on-election-day tantrum (that pretty-much gave us COVID-19), just to show everyone. I'd always assumed they were more-mature than Spanky Trump's herd.
 

User avatar
slideman

Unread post

User avatar
  
  
Posts: 241
Politics: Progressive

Phoenix68.2.0 » 24 Aug 2020, 4:21 pm » wrote:
So.....Bernie-fans have FINALLY had their moment o' clarity, huh??

I'd say they have quite the debt, to pay, to the American-population, in-general.....specifically the ones who thought their lil' stay-home-on-election-day tantrum.....that pretty-much gave us COVID-19. I'd always assumed they were more-mature than Spanky Trump's herd.

Now now. This is a time of healing for the Democratic Party. Bygones and all that. I personally blamed Hillary and the DNC- but this is not the time for blaming IMHO.

Buffalo

Unread post

   
   
Posts: 1,269
Location: Central Texas

RollingRock » 24 Aug 2020, 3:18 pm » wrote: Your post makes no sense.  Typical.
Yes it does, if you really look at what the dim-0-craps stand for and do not stand for, ****!

The Things Not Said: What Do Democrats Have to Hide?
COMMENTARY
.
By Frank Miele
August 24, 2020In the case of the Democrats, a kind of poetic justice was achieved last week when a virtual convention nominated a virtual candidate for what promises to be a virtual presidency.
COVID-19 made both major parties opt for political conventions that don’t put delegates and others at risk with large in-person gatherings, but for Democrats, lessening the risk of disease also meant lessening the risk of the public finding out that there is less than meets the eye to Joe Biden and his candidacy. 
What was obvious from start to finish was that a pre-recorded, pre-scripted, pre-ordained infomercial gave Democrats the perfect opportunity to divert the attention of America away from their doddering candidate and their socialist policies into a fawning celebration of phony feel-good sloganeering and Trump hatred.
While the actual words spoken at the convention were for the most part snooze-worthy, what was left unsaid is like the proverbial nine-tenths of an iceberg lurking beneath the water. If and when the USS Biden crashes and sinks, it will be because of all those things Democrats don’t want to talk about, starting with the fact that 59% of voters expect Kamala Harris to finish out the four-year term of a presumptive President Biden, if not be the virtual president from the start.
Maybe that would be a good thing since so many people suspect Biden has cognitive issues, but it raises the specter of another word never heard at the Democratic convention, not even in the speech of leftist Sen. Bernie Sanders, and that is “socialism.” That’s because most Americans do not support fundamentally transforming the American economy from its capitalist roots into a socialist “paradise” like Venezuela. Most Americans don’t, but Harris does — at least in part. She co-sponsored Sanders’ single-payer “Medicare for All” plan that would cost $32 trillion before she realized it was a political millstone around her neck. She also famously pledged “to invest $100 billion of federal money into housing assistance for black families as part of an effort to close the racial wealth gap in the United States.” Wait! Isn’t that illegal discrimination and a blatant violation of equal protection under the law? Yes, it is.

Which brings us to another word not heard much if at all during the Democratic convention — the United States Constitution. Of course, you can’t talk about the Constitution when you intend to violate the Second Amendment's right to bear arms. You can’t talk about the Constitution when you intend to silence the speech of conservatives in a blatant power grab. You can’t talk about the Constitution when you oppose the Electoral College and when you want to force nuns to subsidize birth control and abortion. It’s also hard to talk about the Constitution and its promises to “insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare and secure the blessings of liberty” when you are allowing mob rule in major cities. I’m not sure how the Democrats can sweep this under  the rug, but let’s remember that as a party they oppose the use of force by police, Homeland Security or the National Guard to protect our people, our homes and our businesses. And because Democrats know that the vast majority of Americans have an uncanny interest in the safety of themselves and their families, this convention never got around to a discussion of the anarchy in Portland, Seattle and elsewhere.
There was plenty of talk about the COVID-19 pandemic and the economic impact of a massive lockdown, with speaker after speaker blaming President Trump for the deaths of tens of thousands of Americans. Former President Obama, taking the gloves off, was representative of the general theme:
“Donald Trump hasn’t grown into the job because he can’t. And the consequences of that failure are severe: 170,000 Americans dead. Millions of jobs gone. Our worst impulses unleashed, our proud reputation around the world badly diminished, and our democratic institutions threatened like never before.”
This was a shameless politicization of a national emergency — and a national tragedy — and again what mattered more than what was said was all that was left unsaid. Did anyone hear a Democrat politician blame China for unleashing the virus on not just the United States but the entire world? In complaining that Trump was too slow to react to the virus, did any Democrat mention that Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer and Biden were all critical of Trump’s decision to shut down air traffic from China last winter? Did any of them have the courage to talk about how China used the virus as a political and economic weapon against the United States?
For that matter, did anyone mention how Biden had dismissed the threat of China to the United States back in May 2019 when he said this while campaigning in Iowa City: “China is going to eat our lunch? Come on, man. I mean, you know, they’re not bad folks, folks. But guess what? They’re not competition for us.”
Really? This is the man to whom Democrats want to entrust not just our economy but our national security?Of course, Biden has good reason not to mention China because when you think about Biden and China, you have to talk about Hunter Biden as well — the former vice president’s son who accompanied his dad to China on Air Force Two and emerged with a $1.5 billion investment deal.

And the last thing you want to talk about if you are Joe Biden is Hunter Biden — although it can’t exactly be avoided, can it? Hunter even got a moment on stage Thursday night when he and his sister, Ashley, introduced their dad. Good for him, but that’s not the last you will hear of Hunter, even if Democrats hope it is. You can bet that Trump will talk about Hunter Biden when he shares the stage with Joe Biden during the presidential debates, and not just because of China. Remember Ukraine? Apparently, the Democrats have forgotten all about it. You would think that when you are running against only the third president to be impeached, you would find some way to embarrass him by talking about it. But talking about impeachment means talking about Ukraine, and talking about Ukraine means talking about Burisma Holdings, and talking about Burisma (the corrupt Ukrainian energy company) means talking about (yep!) Hunter Biden, who wound up with a lucrative spot on the company’s board of directors despite having no knowledge of Ukraine or energy. It ultimately would mean talking about how Joe Biden was in charge of Obama’s foreign policy in both China and Ukraine, and how Biden extorted the president of Ukraine into firing the prosecutor who was investigating both Burisma and the younger Biden.So, yeah, the less said about Ukraine, the better.
But when you come right down to it, Democrats didn’t want to talk about anything of substance during their four-day coronation. Green New Deal? Better not tell voters you want to take away their SUVs, raise their taxes and shut down 10 million jobs. Foreign policy? Besides liking China and loving Iran, what does Biden have to talk about? If he talks about the Mideast, he has to acknowledge that Trump’s hard-line support for Israel and opposition to Iran are paying huge dividends in the form of a new peace deal that could be the first of many.
And there is one other issue that may be the most glaring omission in the list of things not acknowledged: the #MeToo movement that empowered women to come forward and speak out against their alleged abusers. You would think with a woman selected to be Biden’s running mate, he would want to emphasize how he is a longtime supporter of women’s rights, including the right to be safe from abuse. But that is a “touchy” issue — literally.
It’s not any secret that Joe Biden has a history of unwanted touching. He apologized for it, sort of, after a former Democratic candidate for lieutenant governor in Nevada accused him of inappropriate intimacy.

“So I invaded your space. I’m sorry this happened,” he told various unnamed women while appearing on “The View” back in April 2019. “But I’m not sorry in the sense I think I did anything that was intentionally wrong or did anything inappropriate.”
That is essential Biden. He never quite gets around to admitting anything. Did he or did he not, for instance, intentionally plagiarize Neil Kinnock when he ran for president back in 1988? I think the answer we got from Biden then should perhaps be reserved as his epitaph: “I've done some dumb things, and I'll do dumb things again."
Maybe the dumbest thing Biden ever did was win the nomination this time around, because nothing will be hidden from view in the next 71 days. Joe Biden and the far-left agenda he now represents will be an open book.  Starting with the GOP convention tonight, you can expect to hear the words China, Ukraine, Mideast and Hunter repeatedly. If the Democrats think they have this thing won, they had better come out from under their cone of silence and look at the iceberg up ahead.
 
War is a Racket

User avatar
slideman

Unread post

User avatar
  
  
Posts: 241
Politics: Progressive

Buffalo » 24 Aug 2020, 4:27 pm » wrote: Yes it does, if you really look at what the dim-0-craps stand for and do not stand for, ****!

The Things Not Said: What Do Democrats Have to Hide?
COMMENTARY
.
By Frank Miele
August 24, 2020In the case of the Democrats, a kind of poetic justice was achieved last week when a virtual convention nominated a virtual candidate for what promises to be a virtual presidency.
COVID-19 made both major parties opt for political conventions that don’t put delegates and others at risk with large in-person gatherings, but for Democrats, lessening the risk of disease also meant lessening the risk of the public finding out that there is less than meets the eye to Joe Biden and his candidacy. 
What was obvious from start to finish was that a pre-recorded, pre-scripted, pre-ordained infomercial gave Democrats the perfect opportunity to divert the attention of America away from their doddering candidate and their socialist policies into a fawning celebration of phony feel-good sloganeering and Trump hatred.
While the actual words spoken at the convention were for the most part snooze-worthy, what was left unsaid is like the proverbial nine-tenths of an iceberg lurking beneath the water. If and when the USS Biden crashes and sinks, it will be because of all those things Democrats don’t want to talk about, starting with the fact that 59% of voters expect Kamala Harris to finish out the four-year term of a presumptive President Biden, if not be the virtual president from the start.
Maybe that would be a good thing since so many people suspect Biden has cognitive issues, but it raises the specter of another word never heard at the Democratic convention, not even in the speech of leftist Sen. Bernie Sanders, and that is “socialism.” That’s because most Americans do not support fundamentally transforming the American economy from its capitalist roots into a socialist “paradise” like Venezuela. Most Americans don’t, but Harris does — at least in part. She co-sponsored Sanders’ single-payer “Medicare for All” plan that would cost $32 trillion before she realized it was a political millstone around her neck. She also famously pledged “to invest $100 billion of federal money into housing assistance for black families as part of an effort to close the racial wealth gap in the United States.” Wait! Isn’t that illegal discrimination and a blatant violation of equal protection under the law? Yes, it is.

Which brings us to another word not heard much if at all during the Democratic convention — the United States Constitution. Of course, you can’t talk about the Constitution when you intend to violate the Second Amendment's right to bear arms. You can’t talk about the Constitution when you intend to silence the speech of conservatives in a blatant power grab. You can’t talk about the Constitution when you oppose the Electoral College and when you want to force nuns to subsidize birth control and abortion. It’s also hard to talk about the Constitution and its promises to “insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare and secure the blessings of liberty” when you are allowing mob rule in major cities. I’m not sure how the Democrats can sweep this under  the rug, but let’s remember that as a party they oppose the use of force by police, Homeland Security or the National Guard to protect our people, our homes and our businesses. And because Democrats know that the vast majority of Americans have an uncanny interest in the safety of themselves and their families, this convention never got around to a discussion of the anarchy in Portland, Seattle and elsewhere.
There was plenty of talk about the COVID-19 pandemic and the economic impact of a massive lockdown, with speaker after speaker blaming President Trump for the deaths of tens of thousands of Americans. Former President Obama, taking the gloves off, was representative of the general theme:
“Donald Trump hasn’t grown into the job because he can’t. And the consequences of that failure are severe: 170,000 Americans dead. Millions of jobs gone. Our worst impulses unleashed, our proud reputation around the world badly diminished, and our democratic institutions threatened like never before.”
This was a shameless politicization of a national emergency — and a national tragedy — and again what mattered more than what was said was all that was left unsaid. Did anyone hear a Democrat politician blame China for unleashing the virus on not just the United States but the entire world? In complaining that Trump was too slow to react to the virus, did any Democrat mention that Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer and Biden were all critical of Trump’s decision to shut down air traffic from China last winter? Did any of them have the courage to talk about how China used the virus as a political and economic weapon against the United States?
For that matter, did anyone mention how Biden had dismissed the threat of China to the United States back in May 2019 when he said this while campaigning in Iowa City: “China is going to eat our lunch? Come on, man. I mean, you know, they’re not bad folks, folks. But guess what? They’re not competition for us.”
Really? This is the man to whom Democrats want to entrust not just our economy but our national security?Of course, Biden has good reason not to mention China because when you think about Biden and China, you have to talk about Hunter Biden as well — the former vice president’s son who accompanied his dad to China on Air Force Two and emerged with a $1.5 billion investment deal.

And the last thing you want to talk about if you are Joe Biden is Hunter Biden — although it can’t exactly be avoided, can it? Hunter even got a moment on stage Thursday night when he and his sister, Ashley, introduced their dad. Good for him, but that’s not the last you will hear of Hunter, even if Democrats hope it is. You can bet that Trump will talk about Hunter Biden when he shares the stage with Joe Biden during the presidential debates, and not just because of China. Remember Ukraine? Apparently, the Democrats have forgotten all about it. You would think that when you are running against only the third president to be impeached, you would find some way to embarrass him by talking about it. But talking about impeachment means talking about Ukraine, and talking about Ukraine means talking about Burisma Holdings, and talking about Burisma (the corrupt Ukrainian energy company) means talking about (yep!) Hunter Biden, who wound up with a lucrative spot on the company’s board of directors despite having no knowledge of Ukraine or energy. It ultimately would mean talking about how Joe Biden was in charge of Obama’s foreign policy in both China and Ukraine, and how Biden extorted the president of Ukraine into firing the prosecutor who was investigating both Burisma and the younger Biden.So, yeah, the less said about Ukraine, the better.
But when you come right down to it, Democrats didn’t want to talk about anything of substance during their four-day coronation. Green New Deal? Better not tell voters you want to take away their SUVs, raise their taxes and shut down 10 million jobs. Foreign policy? Besides liking China and loving Iran, what does Biden have to talk about? If he talks about the Mideast, he has to acknowledge that Trump’s hard-line support for Israel and opposition to Iran are paying huge dividends in the form of a new peace deal that could be the first of many.
And there is one other issue that may be the most glaring omission in the list of things not acknowledged: the #MeToo movement that empowered women to come forward and speak out against their alleged abusers. You would think with a woman selected to be Biden’s running mate, he would want to emphasize how he is a longtime supporter of women’s rights, including the right to be safe from abuse. But that is a “touchy” issue — literally.
It’s not any secret that Joe Biden has a history of unwanted touching. He apologized for it, sort of, after a former Democratic candidate for lieutenant governor in Nevada accused him of inappropriate intimacy.

“So I invaded your space. I’m sorry this happened,” he told various unnamed women while appearing on “The View” back in April 2019. “But I’m not sorry in the sense I think I did anything that was intentionally wrong or did anything inappropriate.”
That is essential Biden. He never quite gets around to admitting anything. Did he or did he not, for instance, intentionally plagiarize Neil Kinnock when he ran for president back in 1988? I think the answer we got from Biden then should perhaps be reserved as his epitaph: “I've done some dumb things, and I'll do dumb things again."
Maybe the dumbest thing Biden ever did was win the nomination this time around, because nothing will be hidden from view in the next 71 days. Joe Biden and the far-left agenda he now represents will be an open book.  Starting with the GOP convention tonight, you can expect to hear the words China, Ukraine, Mideast and Hunter repeatedly. If the Democrats think they have this thing won, they had better come out from under their cone of silence and look at the iceberg up ahead.

One straw man after another. Your author did not read the platform, apparently.

Buffalo

Unread post

   
   
Posts: 1,269
Location: Central Texas

slideman » 24 Aug 2020, 4:42 pm » wrote: One straw man after another. Your author did not read the platform, apparently.
****!!! YOU have not been listening.  What did the author write that was not true? I will not accept your blanket condemnation of facts just because YOU do not agree with them. the goddamn dim-0-crap party has gone off the charts to the left damn near to marxism.  If braindead biden is even still alive after Trump destroys him in the debates (if braindead doesn't weasel out of them) Trump will win in Nov by a landslide.
The dim-0-craps know this. You **** moonbats can spin it any way you can but the dim-0-craps have gone off the deep end.
War is a Racket

User avatar
slideman

Unread post

User avatar
  
  
Posts: 241
Politics: Progressive

Buffalo » 24 Aug 2020, 5:30 pm » wrote: ****!!! YOU have not been listening.  What did the author write that was not true? I will not accept your blanket condemnation of facts just because YOU do not agree with them. the goddamn dim-0-crap party has gone off the charts to the left damn near to marxism.  If braindead biden is even still alive after Trump destroys him in the debates (if braindead doesn't weasel out of them) Trump will win in Nov by a landslide.
The dim-0-craps know this. You **** moonbats can spin it any way you can but the dim-0-craps have gone off the deep end.
Biden is a moderate.

User avatar
slideman

Unread post

User avatar
  
  
Posts: 241
Politics: Progressive

your author imputes to the Democrats a lot of stuff that no one ever said claiming that it is hidden like 9/10 of an iceberg. A classic straw man.

User avatar
slideman

Unread post

User avatar
  
  
Posts: 241
Politics: Progressive

In the meantime Trump openly says that he wants to serve another 12 years. Fascist wannabe dictator

Crazytrain

Unread post

      
      
Posts: 6,541
Politics: Beer and Popcorn

Beer
slideman » 24 Aug 2020, 6:19 pm » wrote: your author imputes to the Democrats a lot of stuff that no one ever said claiming that it is hidden like 9/10 of an iceberg. A classic straw man.

Oh you met buffalo chip. 

Phoenix68.2.0

Unread post

      
      
Posts: 5,423
Politics: Liberal
Location: PA

slideman » 24 Aug 2020, 4:24 pm » wrote:
Phoenix68.2.0 » 24 Aug 2020, 4:21 pm » wrote:
So.....Bernie-fans have FINALLY had their moment o' clarity, huh??

I'd say they have quite the debt, to pay, to the American-population, in-general.....specifically the ones who thought their lil' stay-home-on-election-day tantrum.....that pretty-much gave us COVID-19. I'd always assumed they were more-mature than Spanky Trump's herd.

Now now. This is a time of healing for the Democratic Party. Bygones and all that. I personally blamed Hillary and the DNC......

 
......'Cause, you clowns were too-young & too-stupid to be familiar with Republicans dirty-tricks.
.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNHT5ECqCQU
.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/stop-pre ... b_12191766
.
https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/wat ... 9593411894
.
https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/8qbb ... -trump-win

User avatar
slideman

Unread post

User avatar
  
  
Posts: 241
Politics: Progressive

Crazytrain » 24 Aug 2020, 6:23 pm » wrote: Oh you met buffalo chip.
I am trying to help him. One must be kind.

Crazytrain

Unread post

      
      
Posts: 6,541
Politics: Beer and Popcorn

Beer
slideman » 24 Aug 2020, 6:46 pm » wrote: I am trying to help him. One must be kind.
Fubar. 

Buffalo

Unread post

   
   
Posts: 1,269
Location: Central Texas

slideman » 24 Aug 2020, 6:18 pm » wrote: Biden is a moderate.
LOL!!! That is **** the lapdog, enemy of the people, lying leftist media wants people to believe.
Compared to the ******* squad, AOC and company he may appear moderate but the braindead biden of today is far, far left. 

 
War is a Racket

Buffalo

Unread post

   
   
Posts: 1,269
Location: Central Texas

slideman » 24 Aug 2020, 6:18 pm » wrote: Biden is a moderate.



War is a Racket

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bill Gates [Bot], Buffalo, Famagusta, Isabel, Neo, Ricky Tavy, solon, Twitter [Bot], Vegas, WillFranklin, Zeets2 and 67 guests


Log in or Register to remove ads