Coconut oil v. COVID19

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
32 posts
GeorgeWashington

Share      Unread post

Politics: Revolutionary

SoapBeerPopcorn
MANILA – Department of Science and Technology (DOST) Secretary Fortunato dela Peña said Friday he might include other centers aside from the Santa Rosa Community Hospital in Laguna in the community-based study on the effectiveness of virgin coconut oil (VCO) in the recovery of coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) patients.

In a virtual presser, dela Peña said seven patients have enrolled in the trial and he is confident that more would join the study in the coming days.

The target number of participants is 90.

"We need that sample size. We may include other centers," he told the Philippine News Agency (PNA).

Dela Peña said the study would take about a month, during which VCO would be incorporated in the food provided to the patients, as well as people they have contact with and other high-risk groups.

https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1102341

GeorgeWashington

Share      Unread post

SoapBeerPopcorn
DebMandal and Mandal10 further report, that coconut oil is very effective against a variety of lipid-coated viruses such as visna virus, CMV, Epstein-Barr virus, influenza, virus, leukemia virus, pneumo virus and hepatitis C virus. The MCFA in coconut oil primarily destroys these organisms by disrupting their membranes, thus interfering with virus assembly and maturation. Control of infections is crucial on the health agenda of many developing countries in West Africa, and the use of coconut oil could serve as a cheaper alternative means of controlling infections.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl ... n_sectitle

The antiviral action, attributed to monolaurin (the monoglyceride of lauric acid), is that of solubilizing the lipids and phospholipids in the envelope of the pathogenic organisms causing the disintegration of their outer membrane. There is also evidence that MCFA interfere with the organism’s signal transduction [60] and the antimicrobial effect in viruses is due to interference with virus assembly and viral maturation [61].

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2957173/

nuckin futz

Share      Unread post

Politics: Independent

Expect a run on coconut oil!
And BIG MED can't patent it! hahaha

Slavery is the fiction that people are property
Corporate personhood is the fiction that corporations are people

Invictus Rex

Share      Unread post

Seen on the news today that vitamin d is essential for recovery after contracting the covid-19 virus.

All the health nuts and fitness gurus have been applauding coconut milk for many years now. Maybe coconuts are like peanuts and are one of the world's wonder foods for good vitality and health.
The problem with you is the problem with me,
Got to good eyes but still don't see. "Grateful Dead"

Cedar

Share      Unread post

Cannonpointer's Internet Barrister
Politics: Classical Liberal

GeorgeWashington » 12 May 2020, 8:56 pm » wrote: MANILA – Department of Science and Technology (DOST) Secretary Fortunato dela Peña said Friday he might include other centers aside from the Santa Rosa Community Hospital in Laguna in the community-based study on the effectiveness of virgin coconut oil (VCO) in the recovery of coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) patients.

In a virtual presser, dela Peña said seven patients have enrolled in the trial and he is confident that more would join the study in the coming days.

"We need that sample size. We may include other centers," he told the Philippine News Agency (PNA).

Dela Peña said the study would take about a month, during which VCO would be incorporated in the food provided to the patients, as well as people they have contact with and other high-risk groups.

And just like that saturated fats are healthy.
I’m at the point where I’ll trust a wet fart before I trust the election results.

Invictus Rex

Share      Unread post

Cedar » 12 May 2020, 10:00 pm » wrote: And just like that saturated fats are healthy.
We were lied to by the food pyramid we were taught healthy eating with. Look at this ****!!! Six to eleven helpings of grains and starches ?

Cedar

Share      Unread post

Politics: Classical Liberal

Invictus Rex » 12 May 2020, 10:04 pm » wrote: We were lied to by the food pyramid we were taught healthy eating with. Look at this ****!!! Six to eleven helpings of grains and starches ?

Preach to the choir, I’m keto.
I’m at the point where I’ll trust a wet fart before I trust the election results.

omh

Share      Unread post

Invictus Rex » 12 May 2020, 9:49 pm » wrote: Seen on the news today that vitamin d is essential for recovery after contracting the covid-19 virus.

All the health nuts and fitness gurus have been applauding coconut milk for many years now. Maybe coconuts are like peanuts and are one of the world's wonder foods for good vitality and health.
Unless allergic to nuts and nut oils.

Invictus Rex

Share      Unread post

omh » 12 May 2020, 11:43 pm » wrote: Unless allergic to nuts and nut oils.
Nature has a way of dealing with it's problems doesn't it?

Polar1ty

Share      Unread post

Invictus Rex » 12 May 2020, 10:04 pm » wrote: We were lied to by the food pyramid we were taught healthy eating with. Look at this ****!!! Six to eleven helpings of grains and starches ?

Well, no surprise there. The USDA was entirely on board with HFCS, which is arguably more dangerous than most recreational drugs like marijuana, and big Ag that loves selling processed crap.

I'm not a keto-fan - I'm more of a "equal portions of fruits, veggies, meat, and dairy" with small amounts of grains.

Yes, and the """teachers""" who taught this garbage deserve to be quartered and hanged as well.

omh

Share      Unread post

Invictus Rex » 13 May 2020, 12:38 am » wrote: Nature has a way of dealing with it's problems doesn't it?
Understanding how and why isn't taught in any reality governed by doubt life is simply ever changing reproductions occupying space as timed apart conception to decomposed and every reality only works governing what people believe cradle to grave by statistically averaging the ever changing total sum taking place currently.

That in religious terms is the original sin. Ignoring life doesn't exceed being alive now as total sum reproductions changing shape and form in lain sight. All laws are factually based by latitud and longitude moving by event horizons that never change position due to how the universe is perpetually balancing everything animated now beit inorganic universal positions or ancestral displacements in one atmosphere where inverse proportions take place between erosion of inorganic combinations of molecular characteristics elements of its periodic table(DNA) and the organic combinations of contracting lifetimes reproducing next generations until no more generations reproduced from now on for the duration of life inception to extinction here as existed or still reproducing.

Past ends here, future constantly developing from now on is kinetic evolution in plain sight of timed apart reproduction being the numbers actively alive so far.

Welcome to physically being eternally separated now as reproductively centered now. It wasn't intellectually designed until dawn of humans civilizing people to obey common vocabularies to geographical areas adapting to the moment never the same details twice again or duplicated since added once.

Simple compounding results always changing shape and form energy is sustained naturally suspending the universal positions exactly where they are now.

Balance works, tipping the scales never lasts. Look at history, it is right between the lines of interpretation using literal, figurative, relative, social, truths playing 4 cornered triangulation from 6 degrees of separation thinking outside a box of 8 cornered three sides looking out at open ended semantics of pitting generations against one another elevating emotional sibling rivalries to people pretending to be the chosen 6,125% inheriting the earth ideology.

Now that 6.125% comes from 16 great great grandparents, added 8 great grandparents, that reproduced 4 grandparents, of the 2 parenting the next generation ancestors in this ever changing population that each great great grandchild contains 6.125% of the 16, 12.5% of the 8, 25% of the 4, 50% of the 2, 100% being spaced apart now and that is how people are equally created occupying space as timed ap-art now in plain sight.

Denying it only enables denial to govern next generation becoming even more corrupted than previous and that leads to self fufilling prophecies as organized realities play hell on individuals standing their time as spaced apart now. Academia does it, arts doing it, poltics, religion, economics feeds it ancestrally. All because people justify reality as an emotional greater good at feeling free fom life doesn't exceed now.

Famagusta

Share      Unread post

Politics: Libertarian

I use coconut oil anyway. Long before this pandemic.

GeorgeWashington

Share      Unread post

SoapBeerPopcorn
After six months of experiments in the study led by ADMU professor Fabian Dayrit, results showed that compounds from coconut oil and VCO, a readily available commodity in the Philippines, decreased coronavirus count by 60 percent to 90 percent at a low viral load.

Researchers also discovered that the compounds were observed to improve cell survival.

More experiments, however, are needed to determine whether higher concentrations of these compounds will further reduce the replication rate of the virus.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.philst ... id-19/amp/

sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece

ROFL
Famagusta » 13 May 2020, 8:14 am » wrote: I use coconut oil anyway. Long before this pandemic.
I have a giant tub of it. Looks like lard. Is that what you have? Another thing that preppers use is something called GSE. known to kill every know pathogen to man. It burns so it has to be diluted. grapefruit seed extract. I studied it for the y2k.

Famagusta

Share      Unread post

Politics: Libertarian

sootedupCyndi » 19 Oct 2020, 11:37 am » wrote: I have a giant tub of it. Looks like lard. Is that what you have? Another thing that preppers use is something called GSE. known to kill every know pathogen to man. It burns so it has to be diluted. grapefruit seed extract. I studied it for the y2k.
Yes, that’s it.

You can put it on your face too.

sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece

ROFL
Famagusta » 19 Oct 2020, 11:42 am » wrote: Yes, that’s it.

You can put it on your face too.
What about the silver goblet theory. Back in 1918 they said it saved the people drinking out of a silver cup. I think that's where colloidal silver may have came from. But a person can really turn blue from that. Then we would all look like Bluedog or blue devil.    

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
GeorgeWashington » 12 May 2020, 8:56 pm » wrote: MANILA – Department of Science and Technology (DOST) Secretary Fortunato dela Peña said Friday he might include other centers aside from the Santa Rosa Community Hospital in Laguna in the community-based study on the effectiveness of virgin coconut oil (VCO) in the recovery of coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) patients.

I've been doing a coconut and almond milk combo for years in lattes, chia pudding, and to soak my fish....originally when my daughter went vegan and I got a dose of that soy milk ****.

Huey » wrote:
I had to lie to do it, but hey, I get to do that for a living.

I repeat slogans.

I don't care about frequency. 4 of the last 8 winners were from small countries. THat is the point.

Don't bother if it is going to be from behind. It could be anyone.

Your context is irrelevant.

If you are going to get all personal, as is your tactic, there is no need to continue

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
GeorgeWashington » 19 Oct 2020, 8:38 am » wrote: After six months of experiments in the study led by ADMU professor Fabian Dayrit, results showed that compounds from coconut oil and VCO, a readily available commodity in the Philippines, decreased coronavirus count by 60 percent to 90 percent at a low viral load.

Researchers also discovered that the compounds were observed to improve cell survival.

More experiments, however, are needed to determine whether higher concentrations of these compounds will further reduce the replication rate of the virus.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.philst ... id-19/amp/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperium_(Kracht_novel)
Huey » wrote:
I had to lie to do it, but hey, I get to do that for a living.

I repeat slogans.

I don't care about frequency. 4 of the last 8 winners were from small countries. THat is the point.

Don't bother if it is going to be from behind. It could be anyone.

Your context is irrelevant.

If you are going to get all personal, as is your tactic, there is no need to continue

thelion

Share      Unread post

Politics: Capitalist

This year’s Laetrile.

omh

Share      Unread post

Invictus Rex » 13 May 2020, 12:38 am » wrote: Nature has a way of dealing with it's problems doesn't it?
The irony with nature is it naturally exists without human reality and theaters of doubt sustained ancestrally by humans acting larger than mutually evolving in plain sight so far.