⭐️ Post of the Day - Nominations ⭐️

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
152 posts
User avatar
RollingRock

Unread post

User avatar
Liberals Only Moderator
Liberals Only Moderator
Posts: 993
Politics: Progressive
Location: Maine / Vermont

Beer
This article is a disturbing glimpse into some of the dark forces that are flourishing under the Trump administration.  This is not what a representative democracy looks like.  This is budding fascism.
 
We need to vote like our lives depend on it in November.  
 

In the final week of August, the United States saw its biggest deterioration in societal norms and steps towards outright fascism since President Donald Trump came to office four years ago under a mantle of barely veiled authoritarianism. The troubling developments of the past week are almost too many to count.

 On Tuesday, 17-year old Kyle Rittenhouse allegedly crossed state lines with his automatic rifle and murdered two demonstrators at a protest of another horrific police shooting of a Black man. Local police did not arrest Rittenhouse or other armed white men—who went to Kenosha following the “call to arms” of a group calling itself the Kenosha Guard—for violating curfew, or even as suspects in the immediate aftermath of a murder. Instead, officers supplied them with water, thanked them for coming, and allowed Rittenhouse to walk away after allegedly murdering two men and seriously wounding a third. Kenosha’s chief of police responded by blaming the victims for having violated curfew while nearly exonerating Rittenhouse by describing the murder in the passive voice.by describing the murder in the passive voice.

 Meanwhile, the day prior, Ammon Bundy and dozens of other armed white and unmasked protesters pushed their way past police in Boise to pack the gallery overlooking Idaho’s House of Representatives. The gallery had been restricted for social distancing, but after the confrontation, which resulted in the shattering of a glass door, protesters were allowed to fill every seat.

 It was also the week of the Republican National Convention, which culminated with a grand and illegal presidential acceptance speech with the backdrop of the taxpayer-funded White House decked out in Trump-Pence 2020 propaganda.
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/202 ... urder.html
 
 
 



1 Nomination

Olivaw Sep 06, 2020

Go to original post on Aug 30, 2020 8:43pm
Log in or Register to remove ads

Last edited by RollingRock on 07 Sep 2020, 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Olivaw nominated this post

User avatar
skews13

Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 3,464

JeanMoulin » 07 Sep 2020, 8:38 pm » wrote: So why are we still fighting? If he really believes that, then he's as ignorant as his cult followers. We will always be at war, somewhere. That's an historical fact, and if you believe what he says, you must believe in unicorns. These wars have been around for our entire history, and always will be. If you think 4 or 8 years of one president is going to change anything, you're an idiot.
Has nothing to do with fighting.

Who do you think he gave all of that money to, when he brags about increasing military spending?

The troops?

It went straight to the same place it always goes. 

The defense contractors. 

Who then give him kick backs.

And then allows him to invest in their stocks that just went up because they got more money.



1 Nomination

JeanMoulin Sep 06, 2020

Go to original post on Sep 07, 2020 7:16pm
Last edited by skews13 on 07 Sep 2020, 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: JeanMoulin nominated this post

User avatar
Deezer Shoove

Unread post

User avatar
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Posts: 16,655
Politics: Fascist
Location: cranium of a human

Blackvegetable » 08 Sep 2020, 10:25 pm » wrote: I'd like to tell you that's accretive, but....

Thanks for trying to seem educated beyond normal human capacity.

One of MY "Word for the Day" calendars has "stultifying".
Gee, could you provide me with an example of that?



1 Nomination

Cannonpointer Sep 08, 2020

Go to original post on Sep 08, 2020 8:44pm
Last edited by Deezer Shoove on 09 Sep 2020, 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Cannonpointer nominated this post

User avatar
Ricky Tavy

Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 19,141
Politics: Liberal
Location: Behind the cactus curtain in Arizona

First, trump was only lying to the suckers in his cult, when he tried to downplay the Covid threat in order to avoid having to deal with it.  Nobody else really believed the lying liar, when he lied again.  trump was initially only exploiting his gullible groupies, when he gathered them at rallies so he could get his justifiably fragile ego fed, knowing as he did that the virus was airborne.  Yeah, they would spread the virus to others, but I doubt trump thought that far ahead.  

Secondly, trump understood that his cult is made up of easily frightened sissies.  We can see this in the way he is trying to instill and exploit panic in the herd, sending them into panty-wetting trembles over the notion of hordes of black and brown people invading their suburbs.  I'm guessing that next he will scare them by declaring these Antifa/BLM/MS13 mobs will be arriving in caravans, maybe from Mexico.  So, naturally he assumed his pussies would panic as a first reflex.  He was just worried that they would be panicked over the wrong thing at the wrong time.  Yeah, some people will spin this as trump being dishonest and cowardly, but none of those people will be the lickspittle groupies in his cult.  They don't have any more of an understanding of honor, integrity, or courage than he does.



2 Nominations

Olivaw Sep 08, 2020, simple jack Sep 09, 2020

Go to original post on Sep 09, 2020 5:51pm
Last edited by Ricky Tavy on 10 Sep 2020, 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: simple jack nominated this post

User avatar
bludog

Unread post

User avatar
Liberals Only Moderator
Liberals Only Moderator
Posts: 1,363
Politics: Progressive

The onset of COVID19 brought into sharp focus, which Americans are the most important for the continuance of society.

Among them are:
Garbage pickup
Nurses
Grocery store clerks
People with jobs in water supply and wastewater
Retail warehouse workers
Agriculture and food production
Transportation - Bus and truck drivers
Social Service workers

So why are most of these people which the government itself pronounced "essential", among the most humble and low paid in society,  There is not one occupation on the list which falls in the top 20% of earners in the US.

We need to rethink wealth distribution in this country.
 



1 Nomination

Older Guy Sep 09, 2020

Go to original post on Sep 07, 2020 11:01am
Last edited by bludog on 10 Sep 2020, 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Older Guy nominated this post

User avatar
Ricky Tavy

Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 19,141
Politics: Liberal
Location: Behind the cactus curtain in Arizona

A study of autopsies done on several Deplorables has shown predictable results.

No honor: The reason members of the cult of trump are untroubled by his rampant lying is that doctors could find no honor anywhere in their systems. On the one hand, this liberates them to lie constantly themselves. On the other hand, it leaves them open to being exploited by even the clumsy lies of a moron like trump. This brings us to ...

No brain: You would think that Deplorables would be insulted by the contempt trump showed for them, when he called on them to gather maskless and crammed together at a time he knew that would kill many of them. You would think that, because you have brain. They don't.

No patriotism: trump has launched relentless attacks on important American institutions, including but not limited to voting, the military, FBI, and various agencies that use Science (See lack of brain). In a nation of immigrants (mostly) he pushes xenophobia. In a nation whose strength comes from its mongrelized heritage, he fondles white supremacy AND white victimhood. In a nation that led the world in Science and Technology, he guts both as part of pushing the fear and ignorance he relies on. His goose stepping groupies wrap themselves in the flag but they are absolutely dedicated to the Fuhrerprinzip of trump uber alles. They are untroubled that the American president is a ******* for Russia and dictators generally. Even when trying to defend his contempt for sucker soldiers, trump asserts the generals are all warmongers dedicated to the military/industrial complex. Being a moron, he will brag in the next breath how much money he has thrown at the defense industry. trump and his cult are about as American as apple strudel.

No personal responsibility: One of the ways trump commands the lickspittle obedience of his herd is by validating their addiction to victimhood. He assures them they are right, when they believe they would be somebodies if it weren't for universities and transgenders and Mexicans and "the fake news" and scientists, and Black people and unions and gays and "elites" and California and environmentalists and Muslims and and an endless list of minorities who persecute and bully the dominant race, gender, and religion in America.

No courage: trump has nothing to sell but fear itself. The cretinous con man who excused his covid lies by claiming he wanted to avoid panic has spent his entire term pushing panic. Currently it is BLM/antifa burning our cities and threatening to move black people into the suburbs. In the last midterm, it was caravans of Mexican rapists - some of them may be good people. He tried telling us that Biden is a racist who locked up vast quantities of black people. Now, he insists Biden is weak and will let the ****** run wild. trump understood early that the best way to control his nazi-wannabe base was to keep them trembling and wetting their panties.

No soul: I don't care if it rains or freezes long as I got my plastic Jesus riding on the dashboard of my car ... Bible thumpers in the American Taliban section of his base are just fine with a serial adulterer who never goes to church, unless it involves siccing troops on peaceful protestors so he can get a photo op holding a bible upside down. His existence is a mockery of their empty religion, but he panders to their agenda of political oppression, so ... **** Jesus. The rest of trump's zombies only worship trump, willing to sell what souls they may have once had in exchange for having a "leader" who will "own the libs," while America burns.

In the end, one of the doctors summed it up best when asked what was the most significant thing his team found in their many autopsies: "Nothing," he said. "There's just no there there."



1 Nomination

simple jack Sep 11, 2020

Go to original post on Sep 11, 2020 8:27pm
Last edited by Ricky Tavy on 12 Sep 2020, 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: simple jack nominated this post

User avatar
RollingRock

Unread post

User avatar
Liberals Only Moderator
Liberals Only Moderator
Posts: 993
Politics: Progressive
Location: Maine / Vermont

Beer
rippy3838 » 09 Sep 2020, 10:46 am » wrote: The second wave will show up in January... just about the time Trump is being sworn in for his second term.
Trump is going to be voted out.  Most Americans are sick to death of the pettiness, division, and hyperpartisanship that Trump brings to the table.  

Worst.  President.  EVER.  



1 Nomination

DennisTheMenace Sep 12, 2020

Go to original post on Sep 10, 2020 12:46am
Last edited by RollingRock on 12 Sep 2020, 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: DennisTheMenace nominated this post

User avatar
WillFranklin

Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 13,542
Politics: Liberal

nefarious101 » 11 Sep 2020, 5:30 pm » wrote: I would go as far to call you people...more like a parasite than mimics it's host

Why the apostrophe in "its" you moron?

We are a family of working class veterans of English descent.

Learn America's official language.



1 Nomination

WillFranklin Sep 12, 2020

Go to original post on Sep 12, 2020 8:14am
Last edited by WillFranklin on 12 Sep 2020, 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: WillFranklin nominated this post

User avatar
SJConspirator

Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 3,851
Politics: Green

skews13 » 15 Sep 2020, 9:31 pm » wrote: Like i've been saying for years. It's not their money.
When half of production is automated, goods and services are literally churned out on autopilot, and society generates more valued commodities and finished products in one day than we could have in 20 years before automation, it’s hard to keep people broke.  It really is.

Thats why you see these immense giveaways to the billionaires.  TRILLIONS of taxpayer dollars just thrown at them, cuz they don’t know what else to do with the extreme overproduction of modern technology.  It can’t be given to the workers, cuz then the whole hierarchy would be **** up.  If everybody was rich, confusion would reign.  We are still just chimps whose interactions are mostly dominated by figuring out who is the “alpha chimp” based on status, i.e. wealth.  

This, BTW, is why the aliens don’t welcome us into the galactic federation,  they won’t communicate with us, cuz our primitive fear based thought processes are like a contagious disease, higher life forms don’t want to be infected with the ugliness of our human nature.  
 
 



1 Nomination

SJConspirator Sep 15, 2020

Go to original post on Sep 15, 2020 9:39pm
Last edited by SJConspirator on 15 Sep 2020, 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: SJConspirator nominated this post

User avatar
WillFranklin

Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 13,542
Politics: Liberal

This is a thread fail.

Because any economist already knows the revised annual GDP numbers for 2015 (3.1%), 2017 (2.3%), 2018 (3.0%), and 2019 (2.2%).

And a real economist would at least address those numbers as they relate to any claims of a Trump Boom.

There is no Trump Boom.

Trump even had to revise 2019 down and use those products, goods, etc. to add to 2018 to make it 3.0%.



2 Nominations

WillFranklin Sep 15, 2020, Olivaw Sep 15, 2020

Go to original post on Sep 16, 2020 8:39am
Last edited by WillFranklin on 16 Sep 2020, 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Olivaw nominated this post

User avatar
RollingRock

Unread post

User avatar
Liberals Only Moderator
Liberals Only Moderator
Posts: 993
Politics: Progressive
Location: Maine / Vermont

Beer
duck615 » 17 Sep 2020, 4:50 pm » wrote: Misty doesn't grasp the concept of NHB.
Being in NHB doesn't give anyone the right to stalk someone every day for years.  NHB doesn't mean someone should be forced to read repetitive nonsense over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

You and Terminhater are damn lucky Misty has been as patient with you as she has.  
 



1 Nomination

Olivaw Sep 17, 2020

Go to original post on Sep 17, 2020 4:15pm
Last edited by RollingRock on 18 Sep 2020, 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Olivaw nominated this post

User avatar
NeoConvict

Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 26,666
Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
skews13 » 16 Sep 2020, 10:15 am » wrote: conservative **** isn't an opposing view

it's conservative ****

conservative **** has no legitimate place in any conversation or debate

and should never be taken seriously by anyone 

Example: it's cold in the winter, so global warming is a hoax

that's not an opposing view. that's mental illness

you're welcome. i'm in a helpful mood today.
Strawman. Literally no one believes that the climate is static. No one. Hot summer days are used to bolster the argument for AGW, which is just as ignorant as using cold winters to bolster the converse. The central question is "How much does human activity impact global climate?". That answer seems to be little to none. Human activity contributes a small fraction of greenhouse gas emissions. Proposed solutions for climate change are clearly feel good cultish wealth redistribution schemes. 
 



1 Nomination

Annoyed Liberall Sep 18, 2020

Go to original post on Sep 16, 2020 10:34am
Last edited by NeoConvict on 18 Sep 2020, 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Annoyed Liberall nominated this post

User avatar
omh

Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 9,116

Blackvegetable » 19 Sep 2020, 8:33 am » wrote:  
You're not....You're delusional.
You are a social identity by vocabulary, I am a mutually evolving reproduction timed apart as conceived to proportionately alive now. you may want to recant that accusation. I navigate around 7.8 billion delusionists.



1 Nomination

omh Sep 19, 2020

Go to original post on Sep 19, 2020 9:39am
Last edited by omh on 19 Sep 2020, 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: omh nominated this post

User avatar
WillFranklin

Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 13,542
Politics: Liberal

NeoConvict » 21 Sep 2020, 6:44 am » wrote: The poorest working class Americans enjoy a standard of living on par with previous generations upper classes. A standard so high that if enjoyed by the global population we would cut down every tree on the globe, strip mined every mountain, and caught all the fish in a decade. Yet you scream for more.
400,000 of US lowest wage earners earn exactly $7.25 an hour, which does not pay rent in any state.

More make $7.30 an hour, etc...

And there is no health coverage for hardly anyone.

This is the wealthiest nation on Earth doing this to its workers.

You prissy lying cuck.
 



1 Nomination

WillFranklin Sep 21, 2020

Go to original post on Sep 21, 2020 7:53am
Last edited by WillFranklin on 21 Sep 2020, 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: WillFranklin nominated this post

Zeets2

Unread post

     
     
Posts: 2,090
Politics: Conservative

Misty » 21 Sep 2020, 9:12 pm » wrote: That door was opened in 2016 when many Republicans said that if Hillary won the election, they would keep the 9th seat open throughout her term.

So what do you think the justification for that was?
Why do Republicans believe that they own the courts?
I believe it was a bluff, just as Democrats are bluffing now and for exactly the same reason.  Any currently sitting Senators know that any major change they decide to do will then be undone immediately afterward and would cause retaliation from the other party the next time the Senate changes hands.  
But you're wrong that this was caused by any hypothetical scenario that Republicans proposed.  This was caused years ago by Democrat Senate leader Harry Reid, who changed the requirement for seating judges to a simple majority from a 60 vote for approval minimum in the past, so the Democrats could force through some of Obama's choices that had failed to be approved by coming up short in the vote.  By doing so, he opened the door for the Republicans to retaliate by allowing the same new rules for SC justice approval.

All told, I think the current system is fair.  Congress has become far too partisan and now use their own subjective criteria for rejecting a judge or justice, and this makes the process much simpler.  A sitting President should have the ability to appoint the judges he wants, especially when he has provided the public with a list of qualified candidates he will pick from during his campaign as Trump has done.  If he doesn't have a Senate majority, he would likely need to pick a more moderate one to obtain the approval of the Senate.  If he does, he can pick one as extreme as he likes.

So why hasn't Biden provided us with the same list of candidates as Trump has done?
 



1 Nomination

Annoyed Liberall Sep 22, 2020

Go to original post on Sep 22, 2020 6:58am
Last edited by Zeets2 on 22 Sep 2020, 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Annoyed Liberall nominated this post

Zeets2

Unread post

     
     
Posts: 2,090
Politics: Conservative

IkeBana » 22 Sep 2020, 11:47 am » wrote: Oh **** please.  After what the GOP has pulled with the Garland nomination and now this nomination you're gonna call anything the Democrats ever do "phony?"

Every one of these **** in 2016 said "No...no...no...there can't be a Supreme Court nomination and vote at the end of a Presidential term.  An now it's...no **** problem.  We already knew there wasn't anybody in the party with a shred of integrity...so this is just more confirmation.
Nothing illegitimate about what the Senate did in 2016, and Democrats would have done the exact same thing!  Besides, Democrat voters had two opportunities to thwart that strategy.  They could have elected Hillary or they could have elected a Democrat majority in the Senate.  And they failed at both!

The other option for Republicans in 2016 would have been to let the Garland nominee stand then vote against him, forcing Obama to withdraw the name and submit someone else.  And Republicans could have drawn it out the same way until the clock ran out on the Obama presidency.

But those are the consequences of losing elections.  The fact is that if Hillary had won, she likely wouldn't have nominated Garland anyway and chosen someone far more liberal.  That's the chance the Republicans took, and they would have regretted it if Trump didn't win.
 



1 Nomination

Cannonpointer Sep 21, 2020

Go to original post on Sep 22, 2020 10:00am
Last edited by Zeets2 on 22 Sep 2020, 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Cannonpointer nominated this post

User avatar
WillFranklin

Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 13,542
Politics: Liberal

nefarious101 » 22 Sep 2020, 7:39 pm » wrote: Pizza titty bar candidate?...now that's a real winner
Yes a retired teacher can work where they want. Nobody in this country has morals.

That you think Hooters sells pizza, then bring up the gay bar, as in the earlier post, shows your viewpoint is limited and focused elsewhere.



 



1 Nomination

WillFranklin Sep 22, 2020

Go to original post on Sep 22, 2020 8:41pm
Last edited by WillFranklin on 22 Sep 2020, 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: WillFranklin nominated this post

User avatar
NeoConvict

Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 26,666
Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
Anti-republiKlan » 23 Sep 2020, 5:58 am » wrote: It's no coincidence that Trump is surrounded by criminals

Several of President Donald Trump's close associates have now been convicted of crimes, and many more have engaged in corrupt activity in office.

Why did the president who planned to hire "the best people" end up surrounded by moochers, grifters, and criminals?

Because working for Trump is horrible and unfulfilling — unless you plan to use the job as an opportunity to stuff everything you can in your pockets.

We haven't seen the last of the indictments....Trump's administration is a den of thieves


 
I wonder how criminal Obamas cronies would have been if Bush loyalists in the intelligence agencies spied on his cabinet for months looking for dirt? Trump was targeted because he is an outsider not beholden to the military industrial complex or other powerful lobbying groups. He's not following pnac, he's not escalating conflicts designed to increase the footprint of global control the United States has worked to build since the 1940s. He's doing what I hired him to do.


 

 



1 Nomination

Cannonpointer Sep 22, 2020

Go to original post on Sep 23, 2020 4:23am
Last edited by NeoConvict on 23 Sep 2020, 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Cannonpointer nominated this post

User avatar
WillFranklin

Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 13,542
Politics: Liberal

Buffalo » 23 Sep 2020, 12:16 pm » wrote: The laundry list is impressive. Can you imagine if the name of the persons involved was Trump?
Nobody on the planet has any morals, not even you, pearl-clutcher.

People Like Us are concerned about wages and health care. Wallet issues. Pocketbook issues. Bread and butter issues.


 
 



1 Nomination

WillFranklin Sep 23, 2020

Go to original post on Sep 23, 2020 1:37pm
Last edited by WillFranklin on 23 Sep 2020, 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: WillFranklin nominated this post

User avatar
Spy Car

Unread post

User avatar
  
  
Posts: 65
Politics: Democratic

neueregel » 23 Sep 2020, 7:27 pm » wrote: Did the virus not come out of China, as opposed to Russia?
Which is relevant how?

Trump ties, Trump suits, Trump eyeglasses, Trump Spa robes, Trump Collector Medallions, and more Trump merc all comes out of China,

Not to mention the now failed Ivanka Trump line.

Trump loves dictatorships wherever he finds them.

Bill
 



1 Nomination

JeanMoulin Sep 22, 2020

Go to original post on Sep 23, 2020 5:34pm
Last edited by Spy Car on 23 Sep 2020, 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: JeanMoulin nominated this post

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexa [Bot], Annoyed Liberall, Anti-republiKlan, Arris, Bill Gates [Bot], Buffalo, Cannonpointer, Cedar, Crazytrain, Doug1943, Famagusta, FOS, Google [Bot], Ike Bana, Isabel, Majestic-12 [Bot], nefarious101, NeoConvict, neue regel, OdeToJoy, Olivaw, OpenSiteExplorer [Bot], PaperLi [Bot], Pengwin, precilla, Ricky Tavy, RollingRock, Semrush [Bot], SJConspirator, skews13, slideman, Spy Car, Steve Jobs [Bot], Termin8tor, Twitter [Bot], Vegas, WillFranklin, Yandex [Bot], Zeets2, zkyll8 and 673 guests


Log in or Register to remove ads