⭐️ Post of the Day - Nominations ⭐️

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
152 posts
Isabel

Unread post

Cedar » 07 Aug 2020, 9:20 pm » wrote: Where is your evidence that the information about Biden is false?
Where is your evidence that you aren't a really ugly transvestite named Tiffany, who sucks sailor dick down on the docks for $5 a pop?

1 Nomination

Misty Aug 07, 2020

Go to original post on Aug 07, 2020 10:30pm

Last edited by Isabel on 07 Aug 2020, 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Misty nominated this post

Ricky Tavy

Unread post

Politics: Liberal

Given how Deplorables are all about small government and limited federal authority, and given how much they profess to love the Constitution they have never read beyond excerpts (it has a lot of big words!), you can imagine my surprise to come back here and see them goose stepping along to a trump blustering like Mussolini while wiping his fat *** with that Constitution.

Neffertitty can only squeal that any who put America before the leader of his cult are commies who somehow escaped from under his bed. ******* NeoCon can only squeal that a conservative Senator from Nebraska is mindlessly catapulting liberal talking points by coining a phrase nobody has heard before - the reality denial is strong in this one. And, of course, dumber Ducky can only wallow in the repulsiveness he believes makes his sick *** look like a manly man.

Nowhere in this impotent squealing did we see any supposed conservative even try to explain why throwing their panties at the pampered brat in the White House is consistent with anything resembling conservative principle. Imagine my surprise.

1 Nomination

Olivaw Aug 10, 2020

Go to original post on Aug 11, 2020 10:12am
Last edited by Ricky Tavy on 11 Aug 2020, 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Olivaw nominated this post

Blackvegetable

Unread post

Antifa
The very same Republican Party that for weeks stayed passively perched atop their own thumbs as COVID-19 killed tens of thousands suddenly discovered their capacity for outrage when college football conferences started making the inevitable decisions to cancel their seasons. “NO! MAKE UNPAID GLADIATOR KIDS FIGHT IN THE PLAGUE PIT FOR ME!” screeched Gym Jordan and a bunch of other raging, spittle-flecked, white dudes, honestly, I can’t tell any of them apart anymore.

And I don’t know whether to be angry at the deeply warped priorities, or flabbergasted at the apparent inability to extrapolate. Like, how did this catch you off guard? It never occurred to a single rational human that college football could be played under these circumstances. If you wanted your precious television program, you had every opportunity to join the rest of us in all that mask-wearing, social-distancing, and sheltering-in-place we were up to while y’all were busy spreading disease in the name of freedumb.  Maybe if you get your **** together and stop being ****, we can have nice things again next year. It’s up to you.

Ibid.

1 Nomination

pedals&penguins Aug 12, 2020

Go to original post on Aug 12, 2020 9:42am
Last edited by Blackvegetable on 12 Aug 2020, 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: pedals&penguins nominated this post

iamtogtogiam

Unread post

Yes Virginia, there are monsters… Once upon a time we told our children there are no monsters but now to save them we must tell them that monsters do exist and that they are very real living in our most powerful places to just down the block from our once thought of safe homes. We must have the talk that monsters are very real and we must guard always our safety, our freedom and our very lives. America under this administration is not safe and it does harbor ill will toward mankind who should be ever vigilant against its attack. This present government is the epitome of all ghost stories and horror films combined and much more. Our salvation from such monsters are our devotion and belief in our democracy and in our nation’s ability to be and do the right thing. Our children must know that there are monsters but they must also know they can defeat those monsters. We must guide our youth’s future and teach them how to fight and win against the very real monsters of this world. The very real Hitler’s, Trump’s, Mussolini’s, Putin’s, Kim Jong-un’s, Xi Jinping’s and Stalin’s of the world. I am reminded of #GoodTrouble and our very own blue #TheResistance

1 Nomination

JeanMoulin Aug 13, 2020

Go to original post on Aug 14, 2020 5:25am
Last edited by iamtogtogiam on 14 Aug 2020, 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: JeanMoulin nominated this post

zkyll8

Unread post

Politics: Progressive

USA
I think one possible way of "Detrumpfying" America is too pass progressive policies that help all Americans and not just the ones at the top.

Another way I would suggest is to introduce everyone regardless of political party is Independent Media. I think one of the reasons that Trump is popular among republicans is because of the sole existence of news stations like Fox News that pumps the constant Trump propaganda.

1 Nomination

Older Guy Aug 14, 2020

Go to original post on Aug 12, 2020 7:51pm
Last edited by zkyll8 on 15 Aug 2020, 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Older Guy nominated this post

Olivaw

Unread post

That .ORG thread is hilarious.

Kfools: I give up
LucyIsHammered: You go girl.
Impartialobserver: place is dying
IGrateOnMen: Huh?
Bill: Let’s talk about how you **** up
Taipan: Hiccup
Z09: I miss dontlooknow
Mack: shun
Rippy: gulp
BlueDevil: I don’t like colored folk

1 Nomination

Phelix_Dacat Aug 16, 2020

Go to original post on Aug 16, 2020 3:48pm
Last edited by Olivaw on 16 Aug 2020, 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Phelix_Dacat nominated this post

skews13

Unread post

Termin8tor » 13 Aug 2020, 3:02 pm » wrote: His own words prove you're a liar, psycho.

No big surprise there.
It is a felony to purposely delay the mail

18 U.S. Code § 1703 

a) Whoever, being a Postal Service officer or employee, unlawfully secretes, destroys, detains, delays, or opens any letter, postal card, package, bag, or mail entrusted to him or which shall come into his possession, and which was intended to be conveyed by mail, or carried or delivered by any carrier or other employee of the Postal Service, or forwarded through or delivered from any post office or station thereof established by authority of the Postmaster General or the Postal Service, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both

1 Nomination

JeanMoulin Aug 15, 2020

Go to original post on Aug 13, 2020 2:47pm
Last edited by skews13 on 16 Aug 2020, 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JeanMoulin

Unread post

Politics: Democratic

We can mobilize. Volunteers could work as carriers to bring your sealed ballot to polling places. Polling places could have sanitizing stations set up. Chairs and water can be provided at rest areas where there are long lines. If you're not afraid to go to Walmart, you can go to a polling place to vote. I'm not asking you to do the same, but I would go to the polls even if I knew that I was going to get the virus. I'm willing to die for the America I once knew. How many died to defeat a king? How many to defeat Hitler?

1 Nomination

Olivaw Aug 15, 2020

Go to original post on Aug 16, 2020 6:10pm
Last edited by JeanMoulin on 16 Aug 2020, 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Misty

Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

PPE Mask
Olivaw » 16 Aug 2020, 6:52 pm » wrote:
Rock » 16 Aug 2020, 5:06 pm » wrote: I have a question for you.You seem like a reasonable person. Misguided but reasonable. Let's say that massive mail in voting is permitted in Nov. Not just absentee ballots which come with way more safeguards. But everyone who is registered to vote is mailed a ballot and then makes their selection and mails it back in. I don't know if you read some of my earlier posts but I am a retired letter carrier for the USPS and I can tell you unequivocally that many (not just a few) but many ballots will not be counted for reasons that I have posted earlier. 

So let's say the loser of the election, doesn't matter who, Biden or Trump, hears that possibly thousands, hundreds of thousands, millions of votes never reached their destination. Either through undelivered mail, people stealing ballots, or postal workers not delivering ballots in a timely manner (believe me it happens). What happens next? Lawsuits. Courts involved. Supreme Court. It will be Florida hanging chads x 1000. 

Mark my words.
There are always errors in elections. It happens with in person voting and it will happen with mail in ballots. It seldom matter unless the margin of victory is < 0.02%.  Are you confident that safeguards cannot be implemented to maintain that normal margin of error? 

Envelopes will be preprinted and routed by machines. The process needs to be supervised by trustworthy individuals. Ballots need to be turned over to poll workers in bulk, Not treated like regular letters. 

One alternative, I suppose, is to allow people to drop their ballot in a secured slot and leave USPS out of it. Unfortunately, I don’t think there’s time to build out the infrastructure.
Rock's experiences working in the USPS seem a lot different than mine.
He was a letter carrier in Kentucky and I worked in the three largest Post Offices/Mail processing facilities in Manhattan.

He probably delivered mail to individual private residences.
I worked in mail processing, in one facility that had 5,000 Postal employees.

These  mail in ballots are not likely to be delivered to elections offices by any one letter carrier. 
They will go through a bar code machine and be placed in trays in bulk.
Most likely the county elections offices will pick them up at the P.O. themselves like the big banks on Wall Street do.

When any one entity gets this much mail, it does not get delivered by a letter carrier.
The entity usually has to come to the Post Office to pick up their mail.
I worked at the call window in the PO across the street from the TwinTowers, where the big banks and brokerage houses would come and pick up their mail.

Rock doesn't seem to have much faith in Postal Workers.
I have a lot of faith that Postal Workers are up to the job.

1 Nomination

Olivaw Aug 16, 2020

Go to original post on Aug 16, 2020 8:28pm
Last edited by Misty on 17 Aug 2020, 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

nefarious101

Unread post

KFSW » 18 Aug 2020, 2:29 pm » wrote: lol....Shes a seasoned professional whore

yeah....she wore a Willie Brown man gravy necklace

1 Nomination

KFSW Aug 18, 2020

Go to original post on Aug 18, 2020 5:28pm
Last edited by nefarious101 on 18 Aug 2020, 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: KFSW nominated this post

bludog

Unread post

Liberals Only Moderator
Liberals Only Moderator

Olivaw » 17 Aug 2020, 6:27 pm » wrote: I’m a fairly moderate / center-lefty so I’m comfortable with the list of speakers. Progressives may be disappointed.

Beau of the Fifth Column is a progressive. He has something to say about the “not so liberal” Democratic Convention lineup. As usual, he is thoughtful and articulate,
Thanks for the insightful video.

Because of universal Democratic agreement of the necessity of ousting Trump, Democrats are already united.  And those on the Far Left are just as determined as moderates, to replace Trump with Biden, so the their votes can be taken for granted.

That's why I think Beau is on target about the DNC strategy being to attract disaffected Trump voters.  But since Bernie Sanders will be one of the speakers tonight, I cannot fully accept the contention that the DNC has entirely abandoned the Left Wing of the Democratic Party. 

Neither am I convinced that a Biden administration will be as Conservative as Beau forecasts.  For instance, Biden has frequently expressed support for an energized, new labor union movement with the aim of increasing unionization, Nationwide.   If he comes through on that promise alone, he will have accomplished a lot.  Of course much of Biden's ability to affect real change will hinge on whether we can flip the Senate or not.

1 Nomination

Olivaw Aug 17, 2020

Go to original post on Aug 17, 2020 6:44pm
Last edited by bludog on 18 Aug 2020, 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cannonpointer

Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Politics: Insurrectionist

WhistleSNAP
Misty » 19 Aug 2020, 12:51 pm » wrote: Brandishing a weapon is illegal in Missouri.
No, it isn't - not in defense of your own home.

I am going to say something to you, and you need to put on your I'm not retarded hat because it's heavy:

A RESIDENTIAL FRONT LAWN IS NOT A LEGITIMATE PROTEST LOCATION - AND NEITHER IS A RESIDENTIAL STREET, UNLESS A PERMIT HAS BEEN ACQUIRED AND POLICE PRESENCE ASSURED ALONG THE PARADE ROUTE.

Now, you can **** and lie about what you would do and dither in the face of reality, or you can put your adult panties on.

Choose

1 Nomination

Cannonpointer Aug 18, 2020

Go to original post on Aug 19, 2020 1:06pm
Last edited by Cannonpointer on 19 Aug 2020, 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Cannonpointer nominated this post

Olivaw

Unread post

Jill Biden has a doctoral degree.
Melanie Trump has a history of nude modelling and plagiarism.

I think Jill will be the better First Lady.

1 Nomination

JeanMoulin Aug 18, 2020

Go to original post on Aug 19, 2020 12:57pm
Last edited by Olivaw on 19 Aug 2020, 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RollingRock

Unread post

Liberals Only Moderator
Liberals Only Moderator

Beer
Termin8tor » 19 Aug 2020, 9:43 am » wrote: .
The boom refers to pre-Covid, 
There is no "boom," sparky.  It's gone (just like Trump).
and the economy sucks because Democrat-governed states are still locked down, going against the actual science.
Actual science states we SHOULD be locked down in many parts of the country.  This virus is a serious health emergency.  I live in a "Democrat-governed state" and we're still locked down in many ways (no indoor restaurants, bars, etc).  But we have a 6.6% unemployment rate.  Testing is at a 2.3% positivity rate (compared to 15-20% in Florida).  We're holding this virus at bay.

My EXCELLENT Democratic governor will not open up until it's safe to do so.  Unlike idiots like Ron DeSantis, she's not going to sacrifice the citizens of my state for Trump's ****.  She's listening to the doctors.  

And my list is factual
Your list is tinfoil hat nonsense.  

1 Nomination

Olivaw Aug 18, 2020

Go to original post on Aug 19, 2020 8:53am
Last edited by RollingRock on 19 Aug 2020, 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phelix_Dacat

Unread post

Antifa
Huey » 19 Aug 2020, 1:52 pm » wrote: Thanks!  Although after a week or more off from posting and reading the nice things people said I just don't have the desire to "fight" with them.  You are ALL good people truth be told.
My Dad would often remark, "People are more important than politics." When it comes down to it almost all of us want a better life for ourselves, our loved ones, and everyone else. We're just arguing over how to get there. Like driving across four states to get to the vacation spot back in the days of paper maps.

1 Nomination

Olivaw Aug 19, 2020

Go to original post on Aug 19, 2020 1:04pm
Last edited by Phelix_Dacat on 20 Aug 2020, 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

skews13

Unread post

The obvious answer to “Is the Republican Party just one big scam?” is “Yes,” since the modern Republican Party and its Fox News infrastructure exists just to convince ordinary people that handing over billions more to billionaires is the Real American Way. But in a more specific sense … is it all just tacky fraud and scams all the way down? 

After all, the last month has seen the New York attorney general move to disband the NRA after showing that "top executives funneled millions into their own pockets." And Jerry Falwell Jr. went on a vacation of unspecified length after the “Christian” leader of Liberty University flashed underwear pics of the sweet life on his yacht.

And now Steve Bannon has been arrested along with other leaders of the We Build The Wall organization after the funds that were sent to them turned out to be funding boats, homes, and whatever Bannon did to run up a tremendous debt. And then, of course, there’s the grifter-in-chief, whose “university” scammed thousands out of their life savings and whose “charity” paid off his golf bets

It seems incredible that behind every Republican scam … is another scam. With the evidence that organizations right at the center of the American right are nothing more than money funnels for a handful of con artists, it’s worth asking: Is there anything at all to the right?

Across all these scams, the M.O. is the same. They start with a pitch that seems to break down into one of two categories:
  • You’re missing out on secrets that can quickly give you an advantage over other people
  • Your way of life is being threatened by people who are not like you
These are, of course, the classic basis of scams for centuries. The solution to either of these issues is the same—send money.

With money, you can defend the right to bear arms! Or … give millions to Wayne LaPierre while hitting members with frantic messages about a critical need for cash.

With money, you can be gifted the secret insight of Donald Trump’s real estate genius. Which … turns out to be being born to someone who leaves you a billion so you can spend your time womanizing and duping people who think you know something.

With money, you can build that wall, even if Congress won’t! Except … instead of building a wall, you can pay off hundreds of thousands of personal debt for Steve Bannon. (And again, just how did the perpetually grubby Bannon run up, at a minimum, hundreds of thousands in personal debt?)

Steve Bannon is a scam artist. Roger Stone is a scam artist. Paul Manafort is a scam artist. Rudy Giuliani is a scam artist. Jerry Falwell, and Kenneth Copeland, and Joel Osteen, and Paula White, and a long list of other televangelists are scam artists. David Clarke is a scam artist. Alex Jones is a scam artist. David Daleiden is a scam artist. James O'Keefe is a scam artist. 

A quick glimpse of the boards of any of the organizations involved, or a reference to all the “institutes” and “think tanks” that provide an endless stream of talk show guests, recycled lobbyists, and Republican politicians bouncing around in the safety net shows that the same names come up over and over again.

The same right-wing figures constantly vouch for each other’s importance and knowledge. The same right-wing “experts” are dredged up to give opinions on science, when they know nothing about science, or explain health care, when they have no interest in health care, or simply fill the airwaves with confusion when there’s no better strategy.

QAnon, with its worldwide conspiracy of Satan-worshipping pedophiles (not to mention its bigfoot and space Nazi offshoots), isn’t true. But it is real—as real as every other scam in the Republican universe.

Right now you can absolutely bet that quite a few someones are pocketing millions over Q-related nonsense. The first of those someones would be scam-daddy Donald Trump, who on Wednesday declared that he really was saving the world from Satanic cannibals.

But he certainly isn’t the only one. And when Fox News or right-wing radio asks, you can bet there will be a parade of Hoover Institute, Heritage Foundation, American Enterprise experts ready to talk to the Satanpedocannibalistic threat. Space Nazis, too.

The truth is that there is no secret knowledge. Knowledge is available to anyone. It’s just that becoming a real expert on anything requires years of study and experience. It doesn’t come in a weekend seminar, or in a ring-binder priced higher than a Midwestern home.

The truth is also that things change. Places change. Institutions change. Countries change. No one can promise that they won’t. Pretending otherwise is no more than selling snake oil. And of course, Republicans are at that, too. Isn’t that right, My Pillow guy?

Maybe there was a time when the Republican Party stood for something. If so, it’s hard to locate that time.

What’s absolutely clear is at the moment the Republican Party exists only as a marketing organization—a platform for launching scams. The reason that Republicans never get concerned about upholding real knowledge or expertise isn’t secret at all—those things make it more difficult to part fools from their money.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/8 ... e-big-scam

1 Nomination

nuckin futz Aug 19, 2020

Go to original post on Aug 20, 2020 1:04pm
Last edited by skews13 on 20 Aug 2020, 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: nuckin futz nominated this post

Ricky Tavy

Unread post

Taipan » 20 Aug 2020, 12:28 pm » wrote: AZ is going Red.   GOP RED.
Get over it.

Ohhhh.......by the way, you Dem white-boys are guilty.    Guilty of being white.
Reparations must be paid by Dem whites.   How much are you willing to pay?
Can I put you down for $1,000.00/mo. auto-pay withdrawal, from your bank acc.
for the next 100yrs.?      You evil whites must pay for your white privilege.                            
Thanks for the empty prediction, *******.  

I am unsurprised that a Deplorable is reluctant to pay what is owed.  Much of the white privilege that you are so afraid of losing was paid for by black workers who were unfairly compensated for their efforts, slaves most glaringly so.  You are a Deplorable and so believe that it is your right to leech off of others.  OTOH, I am a liberal, so I understand there is no free lunch.  So, while you are content to suck prosperity from the cities you criticize, and while you are happy to work from an advantage paid for by others that you did not earn, and while you reflex into immediate hair-on-fire hysteria and wail about absurd amounts of money in order to feed your need to be a victim, I am willing to pay my fair share.  

1 Nomination

Annoyed Liberall Aug 21, 2020

Go to original post on Aug 21, 2020 9:51am
Last edited by Ricky Tavy on 21 Aug 2020, 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Annoyed Liberall nominated this post

Isabel

Unread post

KFSW » 22 Aug 2020, 3:46 pm » wrote: I will pray for you, sad
Tell the board again how you stare at little girls in public pools, staring at their breasts and grunting that they are "hot, big-titted whores" who should be "used".
LITTLE GIRLS.
Groan and rub yourself some more while you fantasize their their "uncles" "got them early" and "wrecked their holes", you horrifying freak.

1 Nomination

Coolguy10013 Aug 23, 2020

Go to original post on Aug 22, 2020 5:16pm
Last edited by Isabel on 23 Aug 2020, 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Coolguy10013 nominated this post

Phelix_Dacat

Unread post

Antifa
Olivaw » 21 Aug 2020, 10:29 am » wrote: A compelling and well written post, Phelix.

You are right. We need to be as ruthless as Republicans. Fight this election like it’s our last. Stack the court to restore balance, eliminate the filibuster, pass legislation to curtail administrative excesses, restore voting rights, grant DC statehood, change procedures to force the majority leader to put house bills to a vote, term limits for Supreme Court justices, treat healthcare and food security as basic human rights etc. 

Never again can we allow a man like Moscow Mitch McConnell to use political trickery to subvert the will of the American people.  Never again can we allow an authoritarian kleptocrat like Trump to occupy the Oval Office.
Agreed. No question at all.
Olivaw » 21 Aug 2020, 10:29 am » wrote: My concern is for individual conservatives - good people like Cyndi, Rippy and Neue - even Taipan and Neo. Huey appears to be a good guy too. Those people deserve respect. They are not scam artists. They are the victims. For them, I hope they can accept their upcoming disappointment with ease.
I understand your concern. I also am of two minds on this issue.

First, there are people who argue in good faith about policy. They aren't out to score a political point or to hurt anyone. Those people are few and far between. There are others who are here to throw spitballs or just argue for the sake of arguing or really do not dive deeply into policy but are well meaning. It becomes messy very quickly.

I'm not looking to hurt innocents.

Second, I recall something from Abbie Hoffman's "Steal This Book". It touched on the idea of an "innocent bystander" and from memory goes something like, "If you are just standing by, how can you be innocent?"

IMHO, negligence, indifference, apathy, incompetence and ignorance probably creates more harm in the world than absolute evil. If your standing is on those foundations, you're not innocent.

Was Stalin trying to starve millions to death? Did he put an incompetent in charge to purposely kill those people? Does it matter? Those people died terrible deaths regardless of Stalin's motives or reasoning or those of his subordinates.

Not that anyone here is a Stalin. When motives are such that they are used to promote harm to others, that is blameworthy. Is it less blameworthy that your motives were selfish and inner directed? I just don't think that is the case.

Telling the first case from the second case is the trick. It's more an art than a science.
Olivaw » 21 Aug 2020, 10:29 am » wrote: There are others that do deserve contempt. Nefarious, Termin8or, str8edge, DitzyShoove. They are driven by  anger and pettiness. Their refuse to respect anybody outside their sick cult disqualifies them as beneficiaries of our respect. For them, I am counting on copious tears in November. 

Racists can crawl back under their rocks and STFU.
Agreed.
Olivaw » 21 Aug 2020, 10:29 am » wrote: Joe can’t heal the country. We can’t heal it on this forum either. Perhaps we can can make a small difference on the ground. Who knows? It would sure be nice to return to the days when we could disagree with our neighbor on politics without it becoming personal.
It's rare I can find a conservative anymore who hasn't left the GOP that is capable of a reasonable conversation. I'm sure they would make the same complaint on me. I have no solution to this problem.

1 Nomination

Olivaw Aug 22, 2020

Go to original post on Aug 21, 2020 5:43pm
Last edited by Phelix_Dacat on 23 Aug 2020, 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maineman

Unread post

Politics: Democratic

I think it is instructive to note that the clown's relatives who have spoken out against him are a respected federal judge and a respected psychologist and author. The ones who stand by him are all grifters just like him.

1 Nomination

DennisTheMenace Aug 24, 2020

Go to original post on Aug 23, 2020 9:36pm
Last edited by maineman on 24 Aug 2020, 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: DennisTheMenace nominated this post