This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
User avatar
supraTruth

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 5,788
Politics: Democratic
Location: Internet
Contact:

We Americans Need a #NationalPublicHealthOption that we won't lose if we lose our job for ANY reason or move to a different state.

And the tax system to support it must be a truly progressive marginal graduated tax system all the way to the "tippy top" of incomes rather than a flat-tax system.

Such a system would shift the burden off the backs of businesses, allowing them to pay their employees more.

And it would eliminate the loss of health insurance if a company files bankruptcy.

Top tax rates should be for the top incomes, but for a National Public Health Option they wouldn't have to be much more than Medicare is now.  Medicare should also be progressive marginal graduated taxation, & lower for bottom incomes.
https://twitter.com/Liberal_Forum/statu ... 71974?s=20 

If COVID-19 has a silver lining, please let it be a #NationalPublicHealthOption for all Americans.
#BlueWave2020💙💜🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁🔊Image



1 Nomination

Vegas giants Feb 17, 2021

Go to original post on Sep 23, 2020 11:58am
Go to nomination on Feb 17, 2021 7:14pm
Last edited by supraTruth on 25 Feb 2021, 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Annoyed Liberall awarded winner

User avatar
DrMorbius

Share      Unread post

User avatar
  
  
Posts: 56
Politics: Liberal

It's often call Reaganomics, after the first President who espoused it, but economists call it supply-side economics.  The theory behind it holds that the investor class will stimulate the economy more if they hold more money.  The more government does to ensure the top wage-earners keep more of their money, the more they will invest it, thus stimulating the economy.

George Herbert Walker Bush, when campaigning against Ronald Reagan in 1980, called it "voodoo economics", which is a fitting term.

Because it doesn't work.  It never has, in 40 years.

The first reason it doesn't work is that the American economy is not a closed system.  There's an entire globe where the investor class can put their money, and very reasonably and predictably they're going to want to put it where they get the best return.  That isn't because the rich and powerful are evil; it's because they're smart about where to put their money.  This was how they got rich.  So getting more money to the investor class provides no control over economic stimulus.  They might invest their money in such a way to create jobs.  They might not.  They certainly won't unless there's a good chance of making substantial profit, and again, this is reasonable and predictable and in no way reflects poorly upon them.

The second reason it doesn't work is this:

If you give money to a rich man, he puts it in his pocket, because he can.
If you give money to a common man, he spends it, because he has to.

Now, when that common man is ready to spend that money, guess who's there to take it?  That's right: the rich man.   The rich man got rich by seeing opportunities and seizing them.  If government stimulates the economy by putting more money into the hands of the middle and lower class, they will exchange that money for goods and services they need.  The rich will provide those goods and services in order to obtain that money.

Think about this: if you ever wanted to buy something, there was someone willing to sell it to you, provided you could pay for it.  That's how free enterprise works.  And that's why demand side economics, as espoused by John Maynard Keynes, works.  It expects free enterprise to step up and generate economic growth when the demand is there.  It was the gold standard in economic theory for American government from the time of the second world war until Ronald Reagan came along.  It was the period of the greatest increase in the middle class in global history.  And it was crappy for Republicans, who cast their eyes to find something, anything else to help them win and keep power.

And let's not make any mistake: whether we employ supply side economics or demand side economics, the money will still end up where it always ends up: in the hands of the few and the privileged.  In the latter, jobs are created and the common folk get goods and services.  In the former, the economy stagnates with little to no wage growth.  We've seen it for 40 years.

We've been led to believe that milk and honey will "trickle down" the chins of the high and mighty for the benefit of all, and it hasn't happened.  The fact is, it's foolish to have ever thought it would work.  It was voodoo from the start.  We need to return to demand side economics.  We need to increase the top tax rate and invest in infrastructure.  Those who claim that this will cause the millionaires and billionaires to spontaneously "go away" ignore the fact that the increase in the number of potential customers is far too alluring for the wealthy to walk away.  We can trust entrepreneurialism.  It's what created America.  Make more customers and stand back; watch greed do its work.

Remember this: put money in the hand of a rich man, and he puts it in his pocket because he can.  Put money in the hands of a common man, and he spends it because he has to.  And remember this: wealth is power.  Concentrate wealth and you concentrate power.



2 Nominations

SJConspirator Feb 28, 2021, Cannonpointer Feb 28, 2021

Go to original post on Feb 28, 2021 8:48pm
Go to nomination on Mar 01, 2021 2:26am
Last edited by DrMorbius on 01 Mar 2021, 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Annoyed Liberall awarded winner

User avatar
Huey

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 79,010
Politics: Liberacon

solon » 01 Mar 2021, 1:30 pm » wrote: Well we agree on this.  If the SOU went away I would be happy as a clam that it did

In an inauguration year the  the practice has been for the incoming president to not give a SOTU address.  They will address a joint session shortly after their inauguration.

In Contemporary Practice, Is There a State of the Union Address Every Year?

The past six Presidents have chosen not to give an official State of the Union address the year they were first inaugurated, having just previously delivered an inaugural address. In each instance their first speech to a joint session of Congress closely followed their inauguration, but was not officially categorized as a “State of the Union Message.” For example, President Donald Trump’s 2017 address was entitled “Address Before a Joint Session of the Congress.” .2

Some recent Presidents have also preferred not to deliver a State of the Union address immediately prior to their departure from office, although several have given farewell addresses in the last days of their presidencies. President Dwight Eisenhower’s farewell message, broadcast to the nation on January 17, 1961, became famous for its warnings against the “military-industrial complex.”

3 Conversely, outgoing and incoming Presidents have occasionally given successive State of the Union addresses within weeks of each other. President Harry Truman’s final message, delivered in printed form to Congress on January 7, 1953, was closely followed by President Eisenhower’s first message, delivered in person at the Capitol on February 2, 1953.4

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R44770.pdf



1 Nomination

Annoyed Liberall Mar 01, 2021

Go to original post on Mar 01, 2021 1:54pm
Go to nomination on Mar 02, 2021 10:39am
Last edited by Huey on 03 Mar 2021, 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Annoyed Liberall awarded winner

User avatar
OdeToJoy

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 3,281
Politics: Progressive

DennisTheMenace » 03 Mar 2021, 5:41 am » wrote: Image

Gregg Abbott.  The governor of Tejas.  The guy that just ok'd no masks in Tejas.  He's no doctor.

He got crushed by a falling oak tree whilst jogging. This type of karma doesn't just fall out of the sky.  It's divine intervention. 

And then you have Madison (girl's name) Cawthorn.  The guy that lied about why he didn't attend the Naval Academy.

Have you seen the story about "fun rides" with Madison? 


Image
 
I'm getting tired of Gophers playing on people's sympathy for the physically and mentally disabled. 
He also claimed that his friend ran away and left him to die in a burning car, after the car accident.  He said that the guy ran into forest, and he courageously dragged himself to safety.  The "friend" said that he pulled him from wreck, and stayed with him until paramedics arrived.

According to a Washington Post report, while giving a speech at Patrick Henry College in 2017, Cawthorn lied multiple times about the 2014 car crash that left him reliant on a wheelchair. The Post says that Cawthorn claimed his friend who was driving the vehicle at the time, Bradley Ledford, had left him for dead.

 “He was my brother, my best friend. And he leaves me in a car to die in a fiery tomb,” Cawthorn said of the accident. “He runs to safety deep in the woods and just leaves me in a burning car as the flames start to lick my legs and curl up and burn my left side.” Cawthorn also claimed he was pronounced dead at the scene, but thanks to “adrenaline or divine intervention, I definitely believe it’s the latter, I had a deep inhale of breath.”

​​​​​The problem, of course, is that none of it was true. According to Ledford, he saved Cawthorn’s life. “That statement he made was false,Ledford told The Washington Post. “It hurt very badly that he would say something as false as that. That is not at all what happened. I pulled him out of the car the second that I was able to get out of the car.” And, according to a court deposition, Cawthorn claims he has no memory from the accident. And per a police accident report and Florida Highway Patrol records, Cawthorn was “incapacitated and in critical condition” but was not declared dead.

 
 



1 Nomination

DennisTheMenace Mar 03, 2021

Go to original post on Mar 03, 2021 7:48pm
Go to nomination on Mar 03, 2021 6:52am
Last edited by OdeToJoy on 04 Mar 2021, 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Annoyed Liberall awarded winner

User avatar
Ike Bana

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 5,034

DeezerShoove » 04 Mar 2021, 12:21 am » wrote: Man in Dress Party is **** in the head.
They need propaganda to sustain the flock.
The Q-Anon party is the one **** in the head.
They need delusion and intellectual deficiencies to sustain the flock.
DeezerShoove » 04 Mar 2021, 12:21 am » wrote: Which set of partisans is more emotionally unstable?
Conservatives or liberals?
That answer will tell you which side is more susceptible to propaganda.
Trump partisans are completely emotionally unstable and cognitively challenged. Other conservatives are probably just as stable and intelligent as anybody else, however they have shown themselves to be completely lacking in integrity, so their instability is behavioral.

Americans who buy anything that was spewed out of the orange ****'s festering piehole over the past four years, and the four decades before that, are the ones who are susceptible to blatant propaganda.

So here we go DweebsterStooge...we have both stated our opinions. Ya think it's gonna change anything? The founder's greatest achievement was the establishment of the country on such ridiculous philosophies that the country was doomed to end up in the cultural war that will end it. It started with the country being founded with slavery remaining in place. Which generated the catastrophe that was the civil war. And in modern times, was kicked off by the Tonkin Gulf Resolution and the final splitting of the culture over the Vietnam war. The development of the gaping cultural chasm over the past four years was as predictable as rain over Puget Sound.

So white American christian conservatives are now all whining, pissing and moaning about their culture being cancelled and their beliefs and desires becoming dismissed.  Well guess what after almost 250 years of dominance of the culture by white christian convervatives...what goes around, comes around.



1 Nomination

Annoyed Liberall Mar 03, 2021

Go to original post on Mar 04, 2021 9:55am
Go to nomination on Mar 04, 2021 10:31am
Last edited by Ike Bana on 05 Mar 2021, 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Annoyed Liberall awarded winner

User avatar
DrMorbius

Share      Unread post

User avatar
  
  
Posts: 56
Politics: Liberal

It's often call Reaganomics, after the first President who espoused it, but economists call it supply-side economics.  The theory behind it holds that the investor class will stimulate the economy more if they hold more money.  The more government does to ensure the top wage-earners keep more of their money, the more they will invest it, thus stimulating the economy.

George Herbert Walker Bush, when campaigning against Ronald Reagan in 1980, called it "voodoo economics", which is a fitting term.

Because it doesn't work.  It never has, in 40 years.

The first reason it doesn't work is that the American economy is not a closed system.  There's an entire globe where the investor class can put their money, and very reasonably and predictably they're going to want to put it where they get the best return.  That isn't because the rich and powerful are evil; it's because they're smart about where to put their money.  This was how they got rich.  So getting more money to the investor class provides no control over economic stimulus.  They might invest their money in such a way to create jobs.  They might not.  They certainly won't unless there's a good chance of making substantial profit, and again, this is reasonable and predictable and in no way reflects poorly upon them.

The second reason it doesn't work is this:

If you give money to a rich man, he puts it in his pocket, because he can.
If you give money to a common man, he spends it, because he has to.

Now, when that common man is ready to spend that money, guess who's there to take it?  That's right: the rich man.   The rich man got rich by seeing opportunities and seizing them.  If government stimulates the economy by putting more money into the hands of the middle and lower class, they will exchange that money for goods and services they need.  The rich will provide those goods and services in order to obtain that money.

Think about this: if you ever wanted to buy something, there was someone willing to sell it to you, provided you could pay for it.  That's how free enterprise works.  And that's why demand side economics, as espoused by John Maynard Keynes, works.  It expects free enterprise to step up and generate economic growth when the demand is there.  It was the gold standard in economic theory for American government from the time of the second world war until Ronald Reagan came along.  It was the period of the greatest increase in the middle class in global history.  And it was crappy for Republicans, who cast their eyes to find something, anything else to help them win and keep power.

And let's not make any mistake: whether we employ supply side economics or demand side economics, the money will still end up where it always ends up: in the hands of the few and the privileged.  In the latter, jobs are created and the common folk get goods and services.  In the former, the economy stagnates with little to no wage growth.  We've seen it for 40 years.

We've been led to believe that milk and honey will "trickle down" the chins of the high and mighty for the benefit of all, and it hasn't happened.  The fact is, it's foolish to have ever thought it would work.  It was voodoo from the start.  We need to return to demand side economics.  We need to increase the top tax rate and invest in infrastructure.  Those who claim that this will cause the millionaires and billionaires to spontaneously "go away" ignore the fact that the increase in the number of potential customers is far too alluring for the wealthy to walk away.  We can trust entrepreneurialism.  It's what created America.  Make more customers and stand back; watch greed do its work.

Remember this: put money in the hand of a rich man, and he puts it in his pocket because he can.  Put money in the hands of a common man, and he spends it because he has to.  And remember this: wealth is power.  Concentrate wealth and you concentrate power.



2 Nominations

SJConspirator Feb 28, 2021, Cannonpointer Feb 28, 2021

Go to original post on Feb 28, 2021 8:48pm
Go to nomination on Mar 01, 2021 2:26am
Last edited by DrMorbius on 06 Mar 2021, 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Annoyed Liberall awarded winner

User avatar
DrMorbius

Share      Unread post

User avatar
  
  
Posts: 56
Politics: Liberal

Experienced and respected educators on either side of the political fence agree that some books are not age-appropriate for youngsters, yet are important enough to be available to students once they've reached a certain maturity.  A good example, I think, would be The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.  The book is controversial and has been since it was published some 140 years ago, partly because it features the "n-word" 200 times.  Students below a sixth-grade reading level probably won't get the underlying message of the book and might quote it, but students above a sixth-grade reading level would gain an important perspective on American life in the antebellum south.

Lord of the Flies is another book I would suggest is inappropriate for young children (it's pretty violent), but as a tool to teach symbolism in literature it is priceless to teachers in middle and high schools.

So, my belief (and I'm a liberal) is that restrictions may fairly be applied by school authorities and yes, parents, but I'd be opposed to outright bans.

However, I remember as a young man being very frustrated that I was only allowed to check out books far below my reading level.  My parents strongly encouraged reading and I was reading before I went to school.  By the time I was in fifth grade I was reading adult novels at home, mostly science fiction because that's what my father liked.  But my local public library had a policy and I remember being quite frustrated.  My personal experience leads me to think that schools and libraries should be flexible about which books to allow to which students; if a kid in fourth grade reads at a seventh grade level, let him borrow books at that level.



2 Nominations

Annoyed Liberall Mar 07, 2021, Coolguy10013 Mar 07, 2021

Go to original post on Mar 08, 2021 7:40am
Go to nomination on Mar 08, 2021 10:54am
Last edited by DrMorbius on 09 Mar 2021, 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Annoyed Liberall awarded winner

User avatar
SJConspirator

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 5,791
Politics: Green

This bill could make America mediocre again. Which would be a step up for us at this point.



1 Nomination

Annoyed Liberall Mar 10, 2021

Go to original post on Mar 11, 2021 9:39am
Go to nomination on Mar 11, 2021 2:33pm
Last edited by SJConspirator on 12 Mar 2021, 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Annoyed Liberall awarded winner

User avatar
RollingRock

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Liberals Only Moderator
Liberals Only Moderator
Posts: 2,849
Politics: Progressive
Location: Maine / Vermont

BeerDemocratic Party 1Black Lives MatterUSA
Coolguy10013 » 11 Mar 2021, 12:29 pm » wrote: I want the filibuster to go way also, but this is one of those cases where "be careful what you wish for" comes into play.
It definitely is.  However, I see it this way:  If Dems kill the filibuster and push through legislation that 83 million Biden voters want, then we will be in good shape to keep both houses in 2022.

If there's nothing but a long string of "didn't get it done because we didn't have 60 votes" scenarios, we WILL lose in 2022.  No doubt about it.   Jmo...


  
 



1 Nomination

Phelix_Dacat Mar 11, 2021

Go to original post on Mar 11, 2021 1:50pm
Go to nomination on Mar 11, 2021 10:29pm
Last edited by RollingRock on 18 Mar 2021, 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Annoyed Liberall awarded winner

User avatar
Pengwin

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 13,963
Politics: Liberal

Polar1ty » 18 Mar 2021, 12:37 pm » wrote: Oh, and the stats show cases and deaths dropping after the vaccine rollouts...as well as after the senile savior's victory....

That proves Biden + vaccine are effective at stopping Covid-19.

 
You know what, ****, you are going to get your shots like a good boy when the time comes.  And do you know why?

Because I am one for two as of this morning, and now I count down six weeks, one more shot to go.  I got put in a time-out for allergic reactions, an extra 15 minutes, in the front row, with minders watching, asking annoying questions, in a Texas church that's just a big metal building on the side of the highway to me, and as I sat there I was thinking about that fact that if I'm the one to tip, if I die right here and right now from the vaccine, then I die surround by at least 100 people, all strangers to me, mostly quite young and often rather old, and all of them, every single one of them, is trying to do the right thing for others at the very same time.  I don't remember that last time that was true and the feeling is overwhelming.  It's like finding a lost world in the middle of madness.

The kids directing the cars and AARP members are too young for the shots yet, the doctors and nurses have other places to be, the people checking you in and giving you shots look like they would usually be at home, mostly long retired, watching Fox News and yet  here they are.  And everyone there is patient, and kind, and quite, and watching you to make sure you're okay at the very same time you're trying to protect yourself but them as well, moving from one marked spot on the floor to another, keeping your distance from others for their safety as best you can.

How long it takes doesn't matter.  No one says anything about politics, no one asks, no one cares.  It's the very absence of politics, of religion, of race, of sex, of gender, of partisan anything at all.  It's just humans, trying their level best to prolong death, maybe by just a year or two, who knows?

So, you are going to get your shots because:

It's an act of science.
It's an act of faith.
It's for yourself.
It's for everyone else.

And it's an act of will, you have to will yourself to be there, on time, and you need to be brave along with all those others today, and it was windy and cold here, and stressful, and sometimes boring and disjointed.  And it took too long, and the check-in was new and confusing for them and us, and my arm hurts (a little bit) and my mind is a wreck because I had been wishing congratulations on everyone else who was vaccinated before me and now a bunch of kids, not a single one of them do I know, said that very word to me as I walked back to the car.

"Congratulations". they said, like you graduated again, and I tried to thank them as much as I could but I really can't thank them enough for being brave themselves and doing the right thing when they could, so easily, be doing just the opposite.  It's not about them, and they know it, and it's not about me but today, for a few minutes, it was about me.  It was me, trying to protect them, trying to protect me.

So, Dickwad, you are going to get your shots when the time comes because it's the right thing to do, for yourself and for the rest of us. And if you think it's all ****, well, I really don't give a **** damn because at least 100 strangers today tried to protect me while I was trying to protect them.  Soon enough, it will be your turn to take a chance at the very best chance we have, but even if it doesn't work, you will damn well join us in trying as it's the right thing to do. 

You will man-up, you will take your shots when offered, and you will join us in trying to protect ourselves while we try and protect you...

 



2 Nominations

Annoyed Liberall Mar 17, 2021, Phelix_Dacat Mar 17, 2021

Go to original post on Mar 18, 2021 4:35pm
Go to nomination on Mar 18, 2021 4:22pm
Last edited by Pengwin on 19 Mar 2021, 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Annoyed Liberall awarded winner

User avatar
DrMorbius

Share      Unread post

User avatar
  
  
Posts: 56
Politics: Liberal

Cedar » 19 Mar 2021, 1:09 am » wrote: The federal government can affect your local taxes with cuts to programs, education was a big one here a few years back. That said I don’t think Biden has been in long enough to **** up your taxes yet, next year should be interesting. Image
Typically, cuts in federal spending lead to increases in state taxes.  President Biden has not cut federal spending; in fact, he has been spending like a Republican so far.  I've been watching government a long time, and here's the deal: both parties spend like crazy.  Democrats increase taxes (usually on top earners and corporations), Republicans decrease taxes (again, usually mostly in favor of top earners and corporations), but both sides spend.  Debt increases when Democrats are in power, debt increases astronomically when Republicans are in power.  Debt always increases.
 



2 Nominations

Annoyed Liberall Mar 18, 2021, Huey Mar 18, 2021

Go to original post on Mar 19, 2021 1:18am
Go to nomination on Mar 19, 2021 5:09pm
Last edited by DrMorbius on 21 Mar 2021, 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Annoyed Liberall awarded winner

User avatar
Vegas

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Over-bathroom Under-secretary of Awesomeness
Posts: 24,443
Politics: Conservative

I don't know if all lefties her defend having children decide their own gender. It wouldn't surprise me if all of you did, but I do know there is some. Our frontal lobes don't even fully develop until around 25. How the hell would a child know what gender they identify with?



1 Nomination

Annoyed Liberall Mar 22, 2021

Go to original post on Mar 22, 2021 11:03pm
Go to nomination on Mar 23, 2021 12:56pm
Last edited by Vegas on 24 Mar 2021, 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Annoyed Liberall awarded winner

User avatar
Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

User avatar
98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Posts: 110,868
Politics: Insurrectionist
Location: See ya in court, biden dogs

WhistleSNAP
Pengwin » 19 Mar 2021, 6:59 am » wrote: You know what, ****, you are going to get your shots like a good boy when the time comes.  And do you know why?

Because I am one for two as of this morning, and now I count down six weeks, one more shot to go.  I got put in a time-out for allergic reactions, an extra 15 minutes, in the front row, with minders watching, asking annoying questions, in a Texas church that's just a big metal building on the side of the highway to me, and as I sat there I was thinking about that fact that if I'm the one to tip, if I die right here and right now from the vaccine, then I die surround by at least 100 people, all strangers to me, mostly quite young and often rather old, and all of them, every single one of them, is trying to do the right thing for others at the very same time.  I don't remember that last time that was true and the feeling is overwhelming.  It's like finding a lost world in the middle of madness.

The kids directing the cars and AARP members are too young for the shots yet, the doctors and nurses have other places to be, the people checking you in and giving you shots look like they would usually be at home, mostly long retired, watching Fox News and yet  here they are.  And everyone there is patient, and kind, and quite, and watching you to make sure you're okay at the very same time you're trying to protect yourself but them as well, moving from one marked spot on the floor to another, keeping your distance from others for their safety as best you can.

How long it takes doesn't matter.  No one says anything about politics, no one asks, no one cares.  It's the very absence of politics, of religion, of race, of sex, of gender, of partisan anything at all.  It's just humans, trying their level best to prolong death, maybe by just a year or two, who knows?

So, you are going to get your shots because:

It's an act of science.
It's an act of faith.
It's for yourself.
It's for everyone else.

And it's an act of will, you have to will yourself to be there, on time, and you need to be brave along with all those others today, and it was windy and cold here, and stressful, and sometimes boring and disjointed.  And it took too long, and the check-in was new and confusing for them and us, and my arm hurts (a little bit) and my mind is a wreck because I had been wishing congratulations on everyone else who was vaccinated before me and now a bunch of kids, not a single one of them do I know, said that very word to me as I walked back to the car.

"Congratulations". they said, like you graduated again, and I tried to thank them as much as I could but I really can't thank them enough for being brave themselves and doing the right thing when they could, so easily, be doing just the opposite.  It's not about them, and they know it, and it's not about me but today, for a few minutes, it was about me.  It was me, trying to protect them, trying to protect me.

So, Dickwad, you are going to get your shots when the time comes because it's the right thing to do, for yourself and for the rest of us. And if you think it's all ****, well, I really don't give a **** damn because at least 100 strangers today tried to protect me while I was trying to protect them.  Soon enough, it will be your turn to take a chance at the very best chance we have, but even if it doesn't work, you will damn well join us in trying as it's the right thing to do. 

You will man-up, you will take your shots when offered, and you will join us in trying to protect ourselves while we try and protect you...

2 Nominations

Annoyed Liberall Mar 17, 2021, Phelix_Dacat Mar 17, 2021

Go to original post on Mar 18, 2021 4:35pm
Go to nomination on Mar 18, 2021 4:22pm

Absolute horse **** pick.

The corona vaccine is EXPERIMENTAL. It is against the GENEVA CONVENTIONS to force ANY HUMAN BEING to accept experimental treatments - even when they are NOT rushed to market and spared proper vetting.

User avatar
Annoyed Liberall

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Hot Little Twist
Hot Little Twist
Posts: 15,617
Politics: Classical Liberal

Cannonpointer » 24 Mar 2021, 12:37 pm » wrote: Absolute horse **** pick.

The corona vaccine is EXPERIMENTAL. It is against the GENEVA CONVENTIONS to force ANY HUMAN BEING to accept experimental treatments - even when they are NOT rushed to market and spared proper vetting.
Sorry, man.
I don't have to agree with the content to see the merit in it.
It was a well thought out post with original thought.
That's the standard here.
Not whether I agree with something or not.

User avatar
Zeets2

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 4,142
Politics: Conservative

AnnoyedLiberall » 02 Apr 2021, 2:11 pm » wrote: I am stating facts.
You just don't like them.
What have I said that's not a fact?
Sorry, but it's certainly not a fact that Chauvin was out to "punish" Floyd.  That's your opinion, and it's not supported by any factual evidence.  You then make the claim that it was "obvious" that Floyd WOULD have gotten into the police car, despite the efforts of 3 policemen who were unable to force him in.  And despite what you claim, the "smirk" you saw on Chauvin's face DOES NOT "say it all".  Facial expressions are NOT permissible as factual evidence of a crime, thank God!  Furthermore, you offered the opinion that the cops had the equipment out to hog-tie him, wondering why that wasn't used.  The fact is that hog-tying a suspect is not permitted under the MN Police Guidelines, and then speculate that the police "had other options", and that the police made "bad choices" which have consequences.  Again, those are opinions that I don't believe you're qualified to make.  Beyond that, you made the error of stating that counterfeiting is nothing but a misdemeanor, which is completely false.

You get the idea, and you should know that I have no problem with you stating your opinions.  But if you're going to chastise others like Buffalo for providing HIS opinions, then take full authority on whether or not you'll allow his opinion "to stand" until you eventually throw him off the thread, I see that as being disingenuous, and your bias on the case doesn't appear to be obvious to you.
 



1 Nomination

Cannonpointer Apr 02, 2021

Go to original post on Apr 02, 2021 1:47pm
Go to nomination on Apr 03, 2021 1:15pm
Last edited by Zeets2 on 05 Apr 2021, 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Annoyed Liberall awarded winner

User avatar
Zeets2

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 4,142
Politics: Conservative

AnnoyedLiberall » 02 Apr 2021, 2:11 pm » wrote: I am stating facts.
You just don't like them.
What have I said that's not a fact?
Sorry, but it's certainly not a fact that Chauvin was out to "punish" Floyd.  That's your opinion, and it's not supported by any factual evidence.  You then make the claim that it was "obvious" that Floyd WOULD have gotten into the police car, despite the efforts of 3 policemen who were unable to force him in.  And despite what you claim, the "smirk" you saw on Chauvin's face DOES NOT "say it all".  Facial expressions are NOT permissible as factual evidence of a crime, thank God!  Furthermore, you offered the opinion that the cops had the equipment out to hog-tie him, wondering why that wasn't used.  The fact is that hog-tying a suspect is not permitted under the MN Police Guidelines, and then speculate that the police "had other options", and that the police made "bad choices" which have consequences.  Again, those are opinions that I don't believe you're qualified to make.  Beyond that, you made the error of stating that counterfeiting is nothing but a misdemeanor, which is completely false.

You get the idea, and you should know that I have no problem with you stating your opinions.  But if you're going to chastise others like Buffalo for providing HIS opinions, then take full authority on whether or not you'll allow his opinion "to stand" until you eventually throw him off the thread, I see that as being disingenuous, and your bias on the case doesn't appear to be obvious to you.
 



1 Nomination

Cannonpointer Apr 02, 2021

Go to original post on Apr 02, 2021 1:47pm
Go to nomination on Apr 03, 2021 1:15pm
Last edited by Zeets2 on 06 Apr 2021, 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Annoyed Liberall awarded winner

User avatar
GeorgeWashington

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 8,550
Politics: Revolutionary
Location: Mount Vernon, VA
Contact:

BeerPopcorn
RollingRock » 02 Apr 2021, 10:24 am » wrote:
Cannonpointer » 01 Apr 2021, 11:59 pm » wrote: No, you won't. You will be receiving an experimental gene therapy next week.
Nope, I will be receiving the coronavirus vaccine.  Experimental procedures aren't covered under my medical insurance.
Vaccines/drugs are experimental until they are approved by the FDA. The COVID vaccines are unapproved, therefore they are experimental.

  •  WHAT IS THE PFIZER-BIONTECH COVID-19 VACCINE?
    The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine is an unapproved vaccine that may prevent COVID-19. There is no FDA-approved vaccine to prevent COVID-19.
    https://www.fda.gov/media/144414/download
  • What Are Clinical Trials and Studies?
    • A Phase III trial gathers more information about safety and effectiveness, studying different populations and different dosages, using the drug in combination with other drugs. The number of subjects usually ranges from several hundred to about 3,000 people. If the FDA agrees that the trial results are positive, it will approve the experimental drug or device.
    • A Phase IV trial for drugs or devices takes place after the FDA approves their use. A device or drug's effectiveness and safety are monitored in large, diverse populations. Sometimes, the side effects of a drug may not become clear until more people have taken it over a longer period of time.
      https://www.nia.nih.gov/health/what-are ... nd-studies
  • It is important to note that a vaccine is a drug.
    https://www.fda.gov/vaccines-blood-biol ... opment-101
 
 



2 Nominations

Cannonpointer Apr 03, 2021, GeorgeWashington Apr 03, 2021

Go to original post on Apr 02, 2021 1:12pm
Go to nomination on Apr 04, 2021 11:44am
Last edited by GeorgeWashington on 07 Apr 2021, 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Annoyed Liberall awarded winner

User avatar
Neo

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 33,951
Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
RollingRock » 09 Apr 2021, 1:45 pm » wrote: I really hope that's not the case (for many reasons).  Most importantly, I think the prosecution's witnesses and experts have been beyond compelling.  I can't imagine they won't find Chauvin guilty of one of the charges.  But history does show that in cases like this, the cop almost always walks...so nothing's for certain.
I consider you pretty logical and level headed. It's amazing how two reasonable and intelligent people can see this case so differently. I am sure I have my blind spots as well but, it seems from any unbiased look at this case, that Mr Floyd had a life long struggle with addiction to some very deadly drugs. That shortly before he died he was suffering an overdose when he was dealing with law enforcement.  That he died as a result of not getting immediate treatment for the overdose. 

He was complaining about trouble breathing several minutes before being put on the ground.

He had a feeling of impending doom and was paranoid.

He had a 3x lethal amount of fentanyl in his system coupled with methamphetamine.

I don't dispute the findings of the experts, he died from hypoxia. He was unable to get enough oxygen to his brain to sustain life. I disagree with their conclusions that it was positional asphyxia. I am insulted by an expert that claims one minutes that 97.8 pounds of pressure was applied to Floyd's neck one minute and admits during cross-examination that the knee was on his shoulders.  Upset by media coverage that is only focusing on the prosecution’s statements and answers, including the defense portions as an ineffective afterthought. 

Blm leaders have already indicated that anything less than a murder conviction will result in violence. I have never been a fan of violence to promote a political agenda. From right wing wack jobs shooting up churches to blm agitators burning and looting stores, it's all unjustified idiocy. The fact these threats are made and are quite plausible is disturbing.  Hopefully you will join me in condemning the violence before it predictably takes place.



1 Nomination

Annoyed Liberall Apr 09, 2021

Go to original post on Apr 09, 2021 2:29pm
Go to nomination on Apr 10, 2021 6:11pm
Last edited by Neo on 11 Apr 2021, 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Annoyed Liberall awarded winner

User avatar
Neo

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 33,951
Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
RollingRock » 09 Apr 2021, 1:45 pm » wrote: I really hope that's not the case (for many reasons).  Most importantly, I think the prosecution's witnesses and experts have been beyond compelling.  I can't imagine they won't find Chauvin guilty of one of the charges.  But history does show that in cases like this, the cop almost always walks...so nothing's for certain.
I consider you pretty logical and level headed. It's amazing how two reasonable and intelligent people can see this case so differently. I am sure I have my blind spots as well but, it seems from any unbiased look at this case, that Mr Floyd had a life long struggle with addiction to some very deadly drugs. That shortly before he died he was suffering an overdose when he was dealing with law enforcement.  That he died as a result of not getting immediate treatment for the overdose. 

He was complaining about trouble breathing several minutes before being put on the ground.

He had a feeling of impending doom and was paranoid.

He had a 3x lethal amount of fentanyl in his system coupled with methamphetamine.

I don't dispute the findings of the experts, he died from hypoxia. He was unable to get enough oxygen to his brain to sustain life. I disagree with their conclusions that it was positional asphyxia. I am insulted by an expert that claims one minutes that 97.8 pounds of pressure was applied to Floyd's neck one minute and admits during cross-examination that the knee was on his shoulders.  Upset by media coverage that is only focusing on the prosecution’s statements and answers, including the defense portions as an ineffective afterthought. 

Blm leaders have already indicated that anything less than a murder conviction will result in violence. I have never been a fan of violence to promote a political agenda. From right wing wack jobs shooting up churches to blm agitators burning and looting stores, it's all unjustified idiocy. The fact these threats are made and are quite plausible is disturbing.  Hopefully you will join me in condemning the violence before it predictably takes place.



1 Nomination

Annoyed Liberall Apr 09, 2021

Go to original post on Apr 09, 2021 2:29pm
Go to nomination on Apr 10, 2021 6:11pm
Last edited by Neo on 19 Apr 2021, 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Annoyed Liberall awarded winner

User avatar
Ike Bana

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 5,034

FOS » 19 Apr 2021, 6:30 pm » wrote: when a *** like yourself is just being a ***, there is no other response. 

If you...or cyndi...ever manage to make a coherent point then I would have to respond to it.

But you can't. All you can ever do is ***.
LIke this is a coherent point.  All you ever do is jewbashing. 

You're an envious loser because the Jews figured out how to beat you at your own game.  Jews do free enterprise better than you do.  They do free enterprise better than just about everybody.  They outsmarted you all by not trying to break through your **** glass ceiling.  They sent their kids to college to be doctors and lawyers and scientists and ENTREPRENEURS...and they didn't need your christian corporate boardrooms, or your **** up middle management jobs.  And you know who realized this?  Malcolm X.  Malcolm tried his best to keep his people from beating their heads against the glass ceiling trying to get white christians to treat them fairly.  He tried to tell his people to do it the way the Jews did it.  Stay in your neighborhoods.  Work for your own people, buy from your own people, employ your own people, save your money, send your kids to college to be doctors and lawyers and accountants and entrepreneurs.  But Malcolm was just a little too much, and Dr. King was so much more easy to listen to and rally behind.  But Malcolm wouldn't shut up...so they finally killed him for it.  It's too bad, because it works.  And the reason you're so hateful and envious is because the Jews beat you at your own game.

The other interesting thing about Jews is their attitude about conflict.  Take a Jew kid living in some christian neighborhood, getting beat up and ridiculed all the time.  Does he ever go get himself a gun and take revenge on his tormentors?  Nope. Hand him a gun and you know what he says?  Holy ****!  A gun!!! And he runs the other way.  But put the same Jew in a Jewish army with a bunch of other Jews who know all the history of how their ancestors were victimized by you people, you Egyptians, you Spanish Inquisition priests, you Germans..  And they say...**** you and what you think we oughta be doing about our friendly neighbors who only want peace. Image  **** you and your demands about how we oughta be defending ourselves. 

Get those Jews into a uniform, give them a Tavor X95 and when they run into somebody like you who looks a little threatening and they'll kill you in a nanosecond.  And never give your sniveling, miserable, pathetic fat dead *** a second thought.
 
 



1 Nomination

FOS Apr 19, 2021

Go to original post on Apr 19, 2021 6:44pm
Go to nomination on Apr 19, 2021 7:34pm
Last edited by Ike Bana on 20 Apr 2021, 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Annoyed Liberall awarded winner

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexa [Bot], Annoyed Liberall, Benson13, Bidennextpresident, Blutarski, Buffalo, ConsRule, Crazytrain, Famagusta, FOS, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, Hank, Ike Bana, Independent, Isabel, Jantje_Smit, jon, nefarious101, Neo, OdeToJoy, PaperLi [Bot], Pengwin, Pinterest [Bot], Polar1ty, SJConspirator, sooted up Cyndi, Squatchman, Steve Jobs [Bot], Taipan, Twitter [Bot], user1624551476, Vegas, Zeets2 and 585 guests