Trump thinks that less testing will stop covid 19. So do we prevent teen pregnancy if we just don't do pregnancy tests?

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
167 posts
Crazytrain

Unread post

Politics: Beer and Popcorn

NeoConvict » 25 Jun 2020, 12:41 pm » wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 12:41 pm
I am all for aggressive testing, just don't see it as particularly useful this late in the game. It's widespread, there isn't any useful tracking data that can be gleaned. The more we test the more the fatality rate drops and exposes how grossly we overreacted to this.

Yes 100,000 deaths is always over reacting. How many would of died if we hadn't of shut things down for a month to curb the virus. If we would of listened to trump and not tested then we would be in worse shape than we are. Covid is spreading once again because we reopened without eradicating the virus. Opened too fast in my opinion. Now we are seeing record cases worse than in April. 

NeoConvict

Unread post

Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
Crazytrain » 25 Jun 2020, 12:44 pm » wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 12:44 pm
Yes 100,000 deaths is always over reacting. How many would of died if we hadn't of shut things down for a month to curb the virus. If we would of listened to trump and not tested then we would be in worse shape than we are. Covid is spreading once again because we reopened without eradicating the virus. Opened too fast in my opinion. Now we are seeing record cases worse than in April.
Shutting things down did little to slow the virus. I know that participation trophy looks shiny but the truth is we could have gotten the same results with common sense precautions. The extra deaths avoided is unknown but, based on countries that did far less with similar death rates, it's likely not much.

"I WOULD RATHER HAVE QUESTIONS THAT CANNOT BE ANSWERED...
THAN TO HAVE ANSWERS THAT CANNOT BE QUESTIONED"

Crazytrain

Unread post

NeoConvict » 25 Jun 2020, 1:04 pm » wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 1:04 pm
Shutting things down did little to slow the virus. I know that participation trophy looks shiny but the truth is we could have gotten the same results with common sense precautions. The extra deaths avoided is unknown but, based on countries that did far less with similar death rates, it's likely not much.
Well Texas did pretty much what they did and low and behold look what's happening now. 

Annoyed Liberall

Unread post

Hot Little Twist
Hot Little Twist
Politics: Classical Liberal

NeoConvict » 25 Jun 2020, 12:41 pm » wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 12:41 pm
I am all for aggressive testing, just don't see it as particularly useful this late in the game. It's widespread, there isn't any useful tracking data that can be gleaned. The more we test the more the fatality rate drops and exposes how grossly we overreacted to this.

That's why every American should be tested.
If we know the actual kill rate, we will be in a better position when this thing rears it's ugly head again.

nuckin futz

Unread post

Politics: Independent

I know the nurse who was doing COVID testing at a drive thru location.
She said that 20% had tested positive! OMG!
She had to quit be cause of death threats!
The media and Gov't are withholding the truth, because they don't want to start a PANIC!

Slavery is the fiction that people are property
Corporate personhood is the fiction that corporations are people

NeoConvict

Unread post

Roll Out
AnnoyedLiberall » 25 Jun 2020, 1:40 pm » wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 1:40 pm
That's why every American should be tested.
If we know the actual kill rate, we will be in a better position when this thing rears it's ugly head again.
The true number of Americans who've been infected with COVID-19 may top 20 million, according to new estimates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention."Our best estimate right now is that for every case that's reported, there actually are 10 other infections," CDC director Dr. Robert Redfield said on a call with reporters Thursday.
This is what I have been saying all along. Antibody testing shows this thing is far more widespread than believed. The number of deaths has decreased along with hospitalizations. Its morbidity rate is going to be somewhere close to a bad flu. We overreacted. Better to overreact than under in these cases but this was create the TSA to feel up our senior citizens level of overreaction. 

NeoConvict

Unread post

Roll Out
nuckinfutz » 25 Jun 2020, 1:41 pm » wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 1:41 pm
I know the nurse who was doing COVID testing at a drive thru location.
She said that 20% had tested positive! OMG!
She had to quit be cause of death threats!
The media and Gov't are withholding the truth, because they don't want to start a PANIC!
Testing LOWERS the panic. Every asymptomatic person we identify the less lethal this thing becomes. 

NeoConvict

Unread post

Roll Out
Crazytrain » 25 Jun 2020, 1:34 pm » wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 1:34 pm
Well Texas did pretty much what they did and low and behold look what's happening now.
A slight rise in Houston hospitalizations. Not even concerning. 

Crazytrain

Unread post

NeoConvict » 25 Jun 2020, 2:00 pm » wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 2:00 pm
Record covid rates. Hospitals at capacity. You like down playing this thing for Trump I'm sure. 

Crazytrain

Unread post

29 states see a spike in covid cases.

Phelix_Dacat

Unread post

Politics: Liberal

Antifa
NeoConvict » 25 Jun 2020, 2:00 pm » wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 2:00 pm
Crazytrain » 25 Jun 2020, 1:34 pm » wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 1:34 pm

Houston ICU capacity could soon be exceeded as COVID-19 hospitalizations worsen, TMC projects

The Texas Medical Center’s intensive care capacity could be exceeded as soon as Thursday because of the surge in COVID-19 patients, the hospital system projects.

A TMC model also predicts ICU surge capacity — extra, temporary beds and equipment used in emergencies — could be exceeded as soon as July 6 if the steep rate of new COVID hospitalizations continues, the most aggressive modeling to date.

Eleven leaders of the system’s member hospitals and medical schools said in a joint statement that COVID-related admissions were increasing at an “alarming rate,” stretching the capacity of ICU units. Texas Children’s Hospital this week began admitting adult patients to handle the surge.

“If this trend continues, our hospital system capacity will become overwhelmed, leading us to make difficult choices of delaying much-needed non-COVID care to accommodate a greater number of COVID patients,” the group wrote.
<snip>

Crazytrain

Unread post

The truth will set you free cons.

Crazytrain

Unread post

Some are saying that 20 million Americans have been infected by this virus.

NeoConvict

Unread post

Roll Out
Crazytrain » 25 Jun 2020, 2:11 pm » wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 2:11 pm
Record covid rates. Hospitals at capacity. You like down playing this thing for Trump I'm sure.
Gotta keep the people scared. Fact is, this is the sniffles was hyped up to be the black death part 2.

Last edited by NeoConvict on 25 Jun 2020, 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Annoyed Liberall

Unread post

Hot Little Twist
Hot Little Twist
Politics: Classical Liberal

NeoConvict » 25 Jun 2020, 1:57 pm » wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 1:57 pm
The true number of Americans who've been infected with COVID-19 may top 20 million, according to new estimates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention."Our best estimate right now is that for every case that's reported, there actually are 10 other infections," CDC director Dr. Robert Redfield said on a call with reporters Thursday.
This is what I have been saying all along. Antibody testing shows this thing is far more widespread than believed. The number of deaths has decreased along with hospitalizations. Its morbidity rate is going to be somewhere close to a bad flu. We overreacted. Better to overreact than under in these cases but this was create the TSA to feel up our senior citizens level of overreaction. 
The whole idea was to not over run our medical centers.
I think the lockdown was a good idea, but we cannot shut the economy down like that again.Until we know how many people have been infected, we have no way of knowing the actual kill rate.

duck615

Unread post

AnnoyedLiberall » 25 Jun 2020, 2:47 pm » wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 2:47 pm
The whole idea was to not over run our medical centers.
I think the lockdown was a good idea, but we cannot shut the economy down like that again.Until we know how many people have been infected, we have no way of knowing the actual kill rate.

98% survival rate...

NeoConvict

Unread post

Roll Out
Crazytrain » 25 Jun 2020, 2:11 pm » wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 2:11 pm
29 states see a spike in covid cases.
From increased testing. Trump was right, you suck puppies would use this increased testing to claim a rise in cases.

NeoConvict

Unread post

Roll Out
duck615 » 25 Jun 2020, 2:50 pm » wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 2:50 pm
98% survival rate...
99.95% for those under 60. Falling for older folks now that we aren't putting plague victims in nursing homes.

Crazytrain

Unread post

NeoConvict » 25 Jun 2020, 2:56 pm » wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 2:56 pm
From increased testing. Trump was right, you suck puppies would use this increased testing to claim a rise in cases.

trump said months ago that if you want a test you can get a test. Which was a lie at the time. How can you increase tests if there isn't more people coming down with symptoms?

NeoConvict

Unread post

Roll Out
Crazytrain » 25 Jun 2020, 3:05 pm » wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 3:05 pm
trump said months ago that if you want a test you can get a test. Which was a lie at the time. How can you increase tests if there isn't more people coming down with symptoms?
80% of those currently testing positive have no symptoms or extremely mild symptoms. Previously testing was reserved for those with symptoms and a negative test for the flu.