The future of American labor

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
158 posts
Crazytrain

Unread post

Politics: Beer and Popcorn

crimsongulf » 29 Jun 2020, 3:02 pm » wrote:
29 Jun 2020, 3:02 pm
Could you cite credible sources to back up that statement?
Show us that Reagan had balanced budgets or bush and trump. I'll wait. 

Crazytrain

Unread post

Politics: Beer and Popcorn

crimsongulf » 29 Jun 2020, 3:02 pm » wrote:
29 Jun 2020, 3:02 pm
Could you cite credible sources to back up that statement?

are you truly that stupid gulf?

https://www.taxpolicycenter.org/briefin ... et-outlook

crimsongulf

Unread post

Politics: Capitalist

AbitaBeer
Crazytrain » 29 Jun 2020, 3:19 pm » wrote:
29 Jun 2020, 3:19 pm
are you truly that stupid gulf?

https://www.taxpolicycenter.org/briefin ... et-outlook

The link does not support the claim.

crimsongulf

Unread post

Politics: Capitalist

AbitaBeer
Crazytrain » 29 Jun 2020, 3:17 pm » wrote:
29 Jun 2020, 3:17 pm
Show us that Reagan had balanced budgets or bush and trump. I'll wait.
So, as usual, Arby Boy, you go to diversion because you can't answer the original question.

Zeets2

Unread post

Politics: Conservative

peepee » 29 Jun 2020, 2:54 pm » wrote:
29 Jun 2020, 2:54 pm
...TRUMP HAS SUPPORTED $PENDING AT HIGHER LEVELS THAN OBOMBA... YOUR @SSHOLE REAGAN SIGNED VIRTUALLY EVERY SPENDING BILL ON THE WAY TO A DOUBLING OF THE FEDERAL BUDGET AND A TRIPLING OF THE FEDERAL DEBT, YOU GD FOOL REPUBLICAN-RADIO-LEVEL MATH-CHALLENGED @SSHOLE... 
When Trump's spending hits the $10 trillion dollars that Obama spent for WORTHLESS **** and businesses that conveniently went bankrupt after kicking back millions in "donations" to his campaign, then I'll begin to take your complaint seriously!  Till then, you're nothing but a partisan hack who never uttered a word when Obama was doing it, but now you act like it's the crime of the century under Trump!  Wanna complain about something?  Go ******* to the DNC about the hundreds of millions they spent on a phony witch hunt and impeachment of Trump for lies they knew were false from day one!
And Reagan NEVER had a Republican House to work with in his two terms, and THAT is where ALL spending must originate, just as it's doing now for budgets that Trump is forced to sign!  So go blow it out your ***, dickwad!

Zeets2

Unread post

Politics: Conservative

SJConspirator » 29 Jun 2020, 2:19 pm » wrote:
29 Jun 2020, 2:19 pm
Also, he thinks that cutting taxes on the top income brackets doesn't automatically increase taxes on the bottom brackets!  In his defense, a lot of low to average intellect citizens don't understand that either.
Trump DIDN'T cut taxes for the top income brackets, fool!  I know because my taxes went up by over $15,000.  And there has NEVER been a Republican proposal that increased taxes on the bottom brackets!  Not Reagan's, not Bush's, and not Trump's!  But liberal heroes Bubba Clinton and Obama BOTH attacked the poor and middle class with HUGE tax increases.
And I've NEVER said something as stupid as you claim regarding automatically increased taxes on the bottom brackets when taxes rise on the top brackets!  So stop you're lying every time you get the urge to pull something out of your ***!

SJConspirator

Unread post

Politics: Green

Mnuchin is Keeping $500 Billion in Bailout Funds Secret

https://www.citizen.org/news/keeping-50 ... ds-secret/

Where did that money go?  My guess:  It went to whoever replaced Jeffrey Epstein in the pedo sex ring business.

THE MOST JUST SYSTEM EVER
The equal right of all men to the use of land is as clear as their equal right to breathe the air - it is a right proclaimed by the very fact of their existence. Henry George

supraTruth

Unread post

Politics: Democratic

Zeets2 » 29 Jun 2020, 5:47 pm » wrote:
29 Jun 2020, 5:47 pm
When Trump's spending hits the $10 trillion dollars that Obama spent for WORTHLESS **** and businesses that conveniently went bankrupt after kicking back millions in "donations" to his campaign, then I'll begin to take your complaint seriously!  Till then, you're nothing but a partisan hack who never uttered a word when Obama was doing it, but now you act like it's the crime of the century under Trump!  Wanna complain about something?  Go ******* to the DNC about the hundreds of millions they spent on a phony witch hunt and impeachment of Trump for lies they knew were false from day one!
And Reagan NEVER had a Republican House to work with in his two terms, and THAT is where ALL spending must originate, just as it's doing now for budgets that Trump is forced to sign!  So go blow it out your ***, dickwad!
What makes this such an obvious lie was Moscow Mitch's blocking of ANY funds for the Obama Administration.  The only $ he had were the 1s passed as W left, leaving US in the most severe economic crisis since The Great Depression, until now.

We are all searching for the supraTruth --- that all encompassing truth of infinite sub truths in a 4D Matrix

supraTruth

Unread post

Zeets2 » 29 Jun 2020, 5:57 pm » wrote:
29 Jun 2020, 5:57 pm
Trump DIDN'T cut taxes for the top income brackets, fool!  I know because my taxes went up by over $15,000.  And there has NEVER been a Republican proposal that increased taxes on the bottom brackets!  Not Reagan's, not Bush's, and not Trump's!  But liberal heroes Bubba Clinton and Obama BOTH attacked the poor and middle class with HUGE tax increases.
And I've NEVER said something as stupid as you claim regarding automatically increased taxes on the bottom brackets when taxes rise on the top brackets!  So stop you're lying every time you get the urge to pull something out of your ***!
Unless u earned over $20 million/year, u need to shut your ******* up. It is the middle-class who keep getting shoved into higher tax brackets because of inflation & u asshats letting the elitely paid to skate on progressive graduated marginal taxation that we middle-class are subjected to.

We are all searching for the supraTruth --- that all encompassing truth of infinite sub truths in a 4D Matrix

deezer shoove

Unread post

Politics: Fascist

SJConspirator » 27 Jun 2020, 10:44 am » wrote:
27 Jun 2020, 10:44 am
I figured that eventually herd immunity would set in, and that would be something desirable in workers, as it would mean they won’t get the virus and miss working time becoming sick.  But if the military says its a permanent ban, my theory must be wrong.
"permanent" ban vs herd immunity... There are lots of people recovered from CCP Virus. Must be real data out there by now.

There is evidence of neurological damage and brain damage that is being investigated.
The remark made in one article I read was that there are ventilators and dialysis machines that can help get a patient through a recovery period.
The lungs and kidneys have a chance to revive themselves. There is no such mechanism for the brain.

Please seat yourself.

I like the very things you hate.

supraTruth

Unread post

1 reason COVID-19 is so dangerous for older people is that the older we get, the more plaque builds up in our arteries, & COVID-19 breaks up that plaque, which then lodges in the heart, causing cardiac arrest. & then there is the fluid in the lungs causing patients to basically drown.

Cannonpointer

Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Politics: Insurrectionist

WhistleSNAP
promoderate » 27 Jun 2020, 1:41 am » wrote:
27 Jun 2020, 1:41 am
That’s a personal choice and it’s the purpose of a free market. You get to choose your employer. You get to choose whether or not there is a union. Etc

Is that REALLY the purpose of a free market - to choose a union?

You have some excellent information - thanks.
Conjobs LOVE Wall Street but hate the federal government - their masters' puppet.

When your map disputes the territory, it's your map that is wrong.
Hearing much sizzle, expect little steak
Lies are a lazy man's truths
Humanity's law of the jungle is survival of the tribe

Only weak ideas must be protected from debate, and only religions declare people heretics.

Nostalgia is a crime against past and present
You cannot betray me, only yourself, to me

Cannonpointer

Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
promoderate » 27 Jun 2020, 1:44 am » wrote:
27 Jun 2020, 1:44 am
slaves are not free to choose their work in a free market. It’s different.

Heavy. I never really looked at slavery from the angle of free choice, but it DOES seem the slave lacks the freedom to choose employers. They get to choose him.

If I were a slave, I would try not to get chosen. I would use bad posture, refrain from proper hygiene, display an unsportsmanlike attitude - try to get sent home.
Conjobs LOVE Wall Street but hate the federal government - their masters' puppet.

Only weak ideas must be protected from debate, and only religions declare people heretics.

Cannonpointer

Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
Phelix_Dacat » 27 Jun 2020, 1:47 am » wrote:
27 Jun 2020, 1:47 am
An interesting argument but it leads me to an inevitable question.

If a person who has been infected with Covid-19 and survived is so desirable as an employee that it will soon be the one thing that will tip the scales between otherwise equal candidates, why is the military classifying all such people as permanently disqualified from joining the military?

I wonder what they know that we do not know, yet.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your ... -military/

With the military, who the heck knows. Those crazies used to believe that trannies were unfit. Trannies, covid patients - they always need a scape goat.

Cannonpointer

Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
promoderate » 27 Jun 2020, 1:53 am » wrote:
27 Jun 2020, 1:53 am
minimum wage. If you are an immigrant in the United States who is starting a baking business, you need to keep your store clean so patrons do not contract illness. If the minimum wage is too high, you will not hire a janitor. You will clean yourself, it will take time from expanding your business, which would have allowed you to hire more employees in the first place. Now the store owner is cleaning toilets, the janitor is unemployed, and everyone is sad because less cookies are being baked.

If minimum wage were a penny, EVERYONE would be working - and wages would sky rocket to a dollar, because of supplying command.

The invisible hand of the market knows everything and is endlessly just and beneficial to society. But it's the only invisible hand ya wanna trust. All the others belong to pick pockets.

Cannonpointer

Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
promoderate » 27 Jun 2020, 1:55 am » wrote:
27 Jun 2020, 1:55 am
businesses that expand and get larger offer higher wages and benefits like health insurance because they can afford it and need to stay competitive in the job market

Who made businesses responsible for health insurance. That's retarded.

Who told you that made any sense?

Cannonpointer

Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
Crazytrain » 27 Jun 2020, 1:57 am » wrote:
27 Jun 2020, 1:57 am
Usually the store owner has the staff clean. Wal Mart doesn't have janitors for instance. Nor does most fast food places.

Heck, no wonder that darned janitor is out of work. Promoderate claimed it was minimum wage laws - but it's really just good old fashioned market racism.

Cannonpointer

Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
Crazytrain » 27 Jun 2020, 1:58 am » wrote:
27 Jun 2020, 1:58 am
The market drives wages not the size of the company. Please look at Walmart for example.
They're really big - I'll bet ALL their help gets insurance, jut like promoderate claims.

Cannonpointer

Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
Phelix_Dacat » 27 Jun 2020, 10:37 am » wrote:
27 Jun 2020, 10:37 am
Not my intention. I was hoping you had a counter to what I posted which would mean contracting Covid-19 is not as dire as the military decision would impart. My hope is in smithereens as well.

What the military decrees today and what it decrees tomorrow are two different things. Neither of you should accept smithereens this early in the game.

If I were the US Military, I would put covid cases on hold, too, while awaiting data.

Cannonpointer

Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
SJConspirator » 27 Jun 2020, 10:44 am » wrote:
27 Jun 2020, 10:44 am
I figured that eventually herd immunity would set in, and that would be something desirable in workers, as it would mean they won’t get the virus and miss working time becoming sick.  But if the military says its a permanent ban, my theory must be wrong.

Who says the current military ban is the last word? It's a brand new disease - they're not hiring survivors YET. Doesn't mean they never will - I think your thesis' death notice is premature.