On Economics

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
66 posts
Al Donal

Unread post

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/7c/8f/d8 ... 1ceea3.png

The New Deal was neither new nor was it a very good deal. Talk amongst yourselves.

Crazytrain

Unread post

Politics: Beer and Popcorn

AlDonal » 29 Jun 2020, 11:13 pm » wrote:
29 Jun 2020, 11:13 pm
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/7c/8f/d8 ... 1ceea3.png

The New Deal was neither new nor was it a very good deal. Talk amongst yourselves.

It was much like the square deal that teddy teddy Roosevelt had. 

Cannonpointer

Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Politics: Insurrectionist

WhistleSNAP
Crazytrain » 29 Jun 2020, 8:25 pm » wrote:
29 Jun 2020, 8:25 pm
Bankers asking for more power. Great.

The OP is an ayn rand dick sucker and spewer of fantasies involving rich super heroes.

He's gonna run a john galt fantasy next. He is one stupid pile of unexamined romantic talking points.
Conjobs LOVE Wall Street but hate the federal government - their masters' puppet.

When your map disputes the territory, it's your map that is wrong.
Hearing much sizzle, expect little steak
Lies are a lazy man's truths
Humanity's law of the jungle is survival of the tribe

Only weak ideas must be protected from debate, and only religions declare people heretics.

Nostalgia is a crime against past and present
You cannot betray me, only yourself, to me

Cannonpointer

Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
AlDonal » 29 Jun 2020, 11:13 pm » wrote:
29 Jun 2020, 11:13 pm

The TVA, Mount Rushmore, the Hoover Dam, the Bay Bridge, the Blue Ridge Parkway - these are just a few of the things built with new deal money that continue to pay for themselves, generation after generation.

Investments in national level public infrastructure which put people to work in good paying jobs at a time when the private sector HAD FAILED US IN THAT NECESSITY, and which continue to pay FOR THEMSELVES to this very day, generation after generation, are a bad idea only to morons who suck banker **** as hobbyists.

If investing in public infrastructure (the very BEDROCK of a first world society) is such a bad idea, why are conjob pResidents - trump inclusive - always promising (and then failing) to do it?

You guys vote for presidents who waste precious public resources on standing armies, rather than on things that serve society. Then you badmouth a fellow who spent public monies on things that benefit society five generations after the fact.

Perhaps you or @promoderate  can tell us how the monies invested in the projects I named were squandered.
Conjobs LOVE Wall Street but hate the federal government - their masters' puppet.

Only weak ideas must be protected from debate, and only religions declare people heretics.

SJConspirator

Unread post

Politics: Green

I thought 2 pages into a thread titled On Economics I would have seen some mention of the Glass Steagall Act, the Gold Standard, McCain-Feinstein, or maybe even a honest comparison of taxation systems.

So far, this thread has utterly failed to live up to the promise of its title.

The equal right of all men to the use of land is as clear as their equal right to breathe the air - it is a right proclaimed by the very fact of their existence. Henry George

peepee

Unread post

promoderate » 29 Jun 2020, 8:49 pm » wrote:
29 Jun 2020, 8:49 pm
Sure, but it's role modeled from the top, since all of our bank notes are issuances of debt that retain no actual value and are centrally manipulated ever since we diverted from commodity based (gold backed) money in favor of fiat based (debt backed) money. Trump just played the system that he has to work in, which doesn't make it right, but the change has to start from the top.
...'our' 'money' retains the very same 'actual value' that 'money' has had for centuries.. i.e. that 'the government' requires that you acquire 'it' [whatf@ckingeveritis] and use it to 'pay taxes', etc... lest you quickly end up begging, in jail, dead, etc..

...read something by a monetary realist... steve zarlenga, merrill jenkins, bill still.... peepee cannon and sjc!...     

Al Donal

Unread post

Cannonpointer » 30 Jun 2020, 5:27 am » wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 5:27 am
The TVA, Mount Rushmore, the Hoover Dam, the Bay Bridge, the Blue Ridge Parkway - these are just a few of the things built with new deal money that continue to pay for themselves, generation after generation.

Investments in national level public infrastructure which put people to work in good paying jobs at a time when the private sector HAD FAILED US IN THAT NECESSITY, and which continue to pay FOR THEMSELVES to this very day, generation after generation, are a bad idea only to morons who suck banker **** as hobbyists.

If investing in public infrastructure (the very BEDROCK of a first world society) is such a bad idea, why are conjob pResidents - trump inclusive - always promising (and then failing) to do it?

You guys vote for presidents who waste precious public resources on standing armies, rather than on things that serve society. Then you badmouth a fellow who spent public monies on things that benefit society five generations after the fact.

Perhaps you or @promoderate  can tell us how the monies invested in the projects I named were squandered.
Apparently you didn’t watch SNL in the 90’s. I was quoting Linda Richman from Coffee Talk. 

I don’t know **** about the New Deal. 

Cannonpointer

Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
AlDonal » 01 Jul 2020, 1:56 am » wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 1:56 am
Apparently you didn’t watch SNL in the 90’s. I was quoting Linda Richman from Coffee Talk. 

I don’t know **** about the New Deal.

Mea culpa - thanks for bringing culture, and sorry that I missed it.

deezer shoove

Unread post

Politics: Fascist

promoderate » 29 Jun 2020, 8:41 pm » wrote:
29 Jun 2020, 8:41 pm
“The only freedom which deserves the name is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Gee, the Golden Rule repeated using big words. How very wise...

Please seat yourself.

I like the very things you hate.

deezer shoove

Unread post

Cannonpointer » 30 Jun 2020, 5:27 am » wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 5:27 am

Standing armies aren't entirely unnecessary. Peace through strength.
Sure we **** with others, but how many things don't happen because we have a scary army?
Jus' sayin'...

Please seat yourself.

Crazytrain

Unread post

Polar1ty » 29 Jun 2020, 11:00 pm » wrote:
29 Jun 2020, 11:00 pm
Not completely accurate.

There was no central bank in the United States back in 1893, yet the depression was quite severe and lasted I believe 5-6 years.

Likewise, one can point out that monetary policy can be used to counteract recessions seen in the Post-WW2 era. It does NOT have to be left up to "the market," whatever that means.

I don't support the Federal Reserve, but for an entirely different reason.

Yeah it will be interesting what you have to say as well. 

Crazytrain

Unread post

The Senate is doing another round of small business bail outs this morning. Should be interesting listening to all of these cons talk about capitalism or the phony government bailed out capitalism it seems.

Crazytrain

Unread post

It's funny the right wing always says that the government should be involved in businesses. But we are bailing out company the likes of which was never seen in Franklin Roosevelt days.

Crazytrain

Unread post

I think it's very telling that the right wing is so supportive of trillion dollars bail outs but want to talk about Franklin Roosevelt protecting working family during the great depression.

peepee

Unread post

deezershoove » 01 Jul 2020, 6:06 am » wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 6:06 am
Sure we **** with others, but how many things don't happen because we have a scary army?
Jus' sayin'...

...people wouldn't complain much if the 'standing army' was constructed to protect americans here in america...but you gd fool republican/crat-radio-level idiots use 'the standing army' as a world-wide corporate police force, the protector of Zion, etc., you dense republican slug...ugh...slugs...

deezer shoove

Unread post

peepee » 01 Jul 2020, 10:37 am » wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 10:37 am

...people wouldn't complain much if the 'standing army' was constructed to protect americans here in america...but you gd fool republican/crat-radio-level idiots use 'the standing army' as a world-wide corporate police force, the protector of Zion, etc., you dense republican slug...ugh...slugs...

Nice to be able to say these things without fear, ain't it?
Stay in your basement, CHUD.

Please seat yourself.

Cannonpointer

Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
deezershoove » 01 Jul 2020, 6:06 am » wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 6:06 am
Jus' sayin'...

That's the official story, alright - regurgitated perfectly.

The founders felt differently, but you're rully smert, too.

deezer shoove

Unread post

Cannonpointer » 01 Jul 2020, 1:16 pm » wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 1:16 pm
That's the official story, alright - regurgitated perfectly.

The founders felt differently, but you're rully smert, too.
So we just go back to farming and wait for some aggression to start.
THEN say "Gee, boys, saddle up."
Of course you'd have to find someone to say that to...

Sounds like the same logic of the environmentalists:
America unilaterally stops polluting through draconian measures but the world still gets to breathe Chinese grit.
America unilaterally disarms and everybody pretends we can fight back.

Please seat yourself.

Cannonpointer

Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
deezershoove » 01 Jul 2020, 8:48 pm » wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 8:48 pm
So we just go back to farming and wait for some aggression to start.
THEN say "Gee, boys, saddle up."
Of course you'd have to find someone to say that to...

Sounds like the same logic of the environmentalists:
America unilaterally stops polluting through draconian measures but the world still gets to breathe Chinese grit.
America unilaterally disarms and everybody pretends we can fight back.

Chinese grit is a chinese problem. We managed to deal with smog, through cafe standards and unleaded gas and catalytic converters. They didn't. So they breath smog. We don't. How is this hard for you?

Likewise, the fictional army that is going to attack us when we stop being extreme militarists is probably dying from all that chinese grit you alone are breathing.

I get that conditions have changed since the founders' time. If only you could get that principles haven't.

deezer shoove

Unread post

Cannonpointer » 01 Jul 2020, 9:13 pm » wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 9:13 pm
Chinese grit is a chinese problem. We managed to deal with smog, through cafe standards and unleaded gas and catalytic converters. They didn't. So they breath smog. We don't. How is this hard for you?

Likewise, the fictional army that is going to attack us when we stop being extreme militarists is probably dying from all that chinese grit you alone are breathing.

I get that conditions have changed since the founders' time. If only you could get that principles haven't.

General pollution seeps across the planet. Like your political views...
I say you are unclean for believing as you do. Taint. You don't just have one; you are one.

That fictional army **** was only problematic in the history books. We're all better now.

Please seat yourself.