We don't build monuments to losers?

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
123 posts
NeoConvict

Unread post

Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
With all the ******* about confederate statues being torn down and people screaming that "we don't build monuments to losers" I have to wonder about all the native American bronzes I see around. Should we tear those down too? They most certainly lost in ways far more humbling than the Confederacy. Should we blow up crazy horse?

"I WOULD RATHER HAVE QUESTIONS THAT CANNOT BE ANSWERED...
THAN TO HAVE ANSWERS THAT CANNOT BE QUESTIONED"

SJConspirator

Unread post

Politics: Green

NeoConvict » 30 Jun 2020, 9:55 am » wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 9:55 am
With all the ******* about confederate statues being torn down and people screaming that "we don't build monuments to losers" I have to wonder about all the native American bronzes I see around. Should we tear those down too? They most certainly lost in ways far more humbling than the Confederacy. Should we blow up crazy horse?
who said we don’t build monuments to losers?  Did you just make that up?
The equal right of all men to the use of land is as clear as their equal right to breathe the air - it is a right proclaimed by the very fact of their existence. Henry George

nuckin futz

Unread post

Politics: Independent

I think **** BULL was a great prophet! He told of the *** kicking Custer got at Little Big Horn!
He WON, DAMMIT!

Slavery is the fiction that people are property
Corporate personhood is the fiction that corporations are people

NeoConvict

Unread post

Roll Out
nuckinfutz » 30 Jun 2020, 10:27 am » wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 10:27 am
I think **** BULL was a great prophet! He told of the *** kicking Custer got at Little Big Horn!
He WON, DAMMIT!

Confederates won a few battles themselves. Ultimately the native Americans lost. Is it time to take away their loser participation trophies, the reservations, and give them to blacks as reparations? Blacks at least won their fights.

NeoConvict

Unread post

Roll Out
SJConspirator » 30 Jun 2020, 10:22 am » wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 10:22 am
That's the usual battle cry of those demanding Confederacy statues be torn down. I don't personally agree with the sentiment, we can learn a lot from losers.

SJConspirator

Unread post

NeoConvict » 30 Jun 2020, 10:33 am » wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 10:33 am
That's the usual battle cry of those demanding Confederacy statues be torn down. I don't personally agree with the sentiment, we can learn a lot from losers.

I think the reasoning for tearing down the statues is that they seem to celebrate slavery, which the confederacy fought for, not because they lost.
The equal right of all men to the use of land is as clear as their equal right to breathe the air - it is a right proclaimed by the very fact of their existence. Henry George

Annoyed Liberall

Unread post

Hot Little Twist
Hot Little Twist
Politics: Classical Liberal

The Native Americans deserve those statues.
The white man committed genocide on them.
To this day they are impoverished and marginalized.
The confederate statues were put up in direct response to the Civil Rights Act.
**** those statues.

Phelix_Dacat

Unread post

Politics: Liberal

Antifa
NeoConvict » 30 Jun 2020, 10:33 am » wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 10:33 am
SJConspirator » 30 Jun 2020, 10:22 am » wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 10:22 am
A Google search on "we don’t build monuments to losers" returns 5 results. In Google News "we don't build monuments to losers" returns 0 results.

The "usual battle cry" is mostly absent from the web and completely absent from the news.

Phelix_Dacat

Unread post

Antifa
SJConspirator » 30 Jun 2020, 10:37 am » wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 10:37 am
I think the reasoning for tearing down the statues is that they seem to celebrate slavery, which the confederacy fought for, not because they lost.
Agreed. Those statues also celebrate the traitors who committed treason against the USA.

NeoConvict

Unread post

Roll Out
Phelix_Dacat » 30 Jun 2020, 10:48 am » wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 10:48 am
Agreed. Those statues also celebrate the traitors who committed treason against the USA.
They were told they had a right to secede. A right they were denied. Wasn't treason by any definition. It was the US dragging a battered wife back inside the house so they could change her mind with some creative applications of violence. 

Phelix_Dacat

Unread post

Antifa
NeoConvict » 30 Jun 2020, 10:56 am » wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 10:56 am
They were told they had a right to secede. A right they were denied. Wasn't treason by any definition. It was the US dragging a battered wife back inside the house so they could change her mind with some creative applications of violence.
You are making up horse crap.

The right to secede was in the "Articles of Confederation" and is not in the "US Constitution". That omission was a huge deal at the time per the Anti-Federalists. It was a major reason they advised states not to pass the Constitution at the time.

The USSC has even ruled that there was no right to secession. They have sustained that decision in later rulings. There is no right to secession. There never was.

As I've said in the past, you lie a lot.

Isabel

Unread post

Nice lie.
We don't build monuments TO TRAITORS.

NeoConvict

Unread post

Roll Out
Isabel » 30 Jun 2020, 11:05 am » wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 11:05 am
Nice lie.
We don't build monuments TO TRAITORS.
Traitors I can understand. They are tearing down statues of Lincoln and Jesus. Traitors?

and I have heard losers used more frequently than traitors when talking about this topic. These traitors had long and distinguished military careers before joining the Confederacy. 

Last edited by NeoConvict on 30 Jun 2020, 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

KFSW

Unread post

We have been headed this way for decades
...financial storms
...disease storms
...racial storms
...CUCKism storms

Likely China and Russia are secretly "stoking" these storms...as, well, we do the same to them. Good for the goose.... right?!

UNI-POLAR world is over

KFSW

Unread post

Allowing angry retards, misfits and losers to remake Murica..... ???

Putin and Xi ...COULDN'T BE HAPPIER!! Goddam this is fun to watch. Statue of Liberty is next!

SJConspirator

Unread post

NeoConvict » 30 Jun 2020, 10:56 am » wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 10:56 am

Do you support any modern secessionist movement?  

NeoConvict

Unread post

Roll Out
SJConspirator » 30 Jun 2020, 11:27 am » wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 11:27 am
No, but I believe Texas still has a right to it.

Isabel

Unread post

NeoConvict » 30 Jun 2020, 11:08 am » wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 11:08 am
Traitors I can understand. They are tearing down statues of Lincoln and Jesus. Traitors?

"They"?

YOU:   and I have heard losers used more frequently than traitors when talking about this topic.

OK then.

YOU:    These traitors had long and distinguished military careers before joining the Confederacy.

And your point would be...…..

Phelix_Dacat

Unread post

Antifa
NeoConvict » 30 Jun 2020, 11:29 am » wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 11:29 am
SJConspirator » 30 Jun 2020, 11:27 am » wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 11:27 am
No, but I believe Texas still has a right to it.

You support the Texas secessionist movement but do not support  any modern secessionist movement. That is some fancy dancing.

I should have mentioned the USSC has already ruled that no state has a right to secession. That was over a century and more than a few decades ago. Case closed.

NeoConvict

Unread post

Roll Out
Phelix_Dacat » 30 Jun 2020, 12:10 pm » wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 12:10 pm
You support the Texas secessionist movement but do not support  any modern secessionist movement. That is some fancy dancing.

I should have mentioned the USSC has already ruled that no state has a right to secession. That was over a century and more than a few decades ago. Case closed.
I don't support any secessionist movement.