Vote-By-Mail: Is Turtle McConnell PURPOSELY Tryin' To Take-Down Our Electoral-Process....

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
177 posts
NeoConvict

Unread post

Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
Olivaw » 01 Aug 2020, 4:15 pm » wrote: Perhaps, if Sanders fans in PA and WI had voted for Hillary, we might have a different result but I don’t think we should underestimate the impact of Republican voter suppression in 2016Russian interference and Comey.

With the exception of a Comey, we face many of the same challenges in 2020 as we did in 2016.
The Durham report will leak in October. 

"I WOULD RATHER HAVE QUESTIONS THAT CANNOT BE ANSWERED...
THAN TO HAVE ANSWERS THAT CANNOT BE QUESTIONED"

Olivaw

Unread post

Politics: Liberal

NeoConvict » 01 Aug 2020, 5:03 pm » wrote: The Durham report will leak in October.
Of course it will.  It will be a catalog of Republican lies but nothing actionable. 
Science is not a liberal conspiracy.

NeoConvict

Unread post

Roll Out
Olivaw » 01 Aug 2020, 5:04 pm » wrote: Of course it will.  It will be a catalog of Republican lies but nothing actionable.
Won't matter. It will  be enough to torpedo Joe and others.

Allota Bologna

Unread post

Politics: Independent

If don't wear a mask to protest or you stand in a line to view the body of a dead felon, you should be able to show up at the polling booth and vote, amirite?

deezer shoove

Unread post

Politics: Fascist

Olivaw » 01 Aug 2020, 2:32 pm » wrote: We all have notifications, dummy.  You didn’t know?     

Now that we’ve dispensed with the fiction of widespread vote fraud, we can unequivocally state that Hillary beat Trump by almost three million votes.

Holy ****...   

You can claim this one, tedium boy.
Your opinion is yours. I don't give a **** what it is.

I dispensed with you many hours ago. You go 'unequivocal' with somebody else.
You lied about somebody being a liar and must beat that **** to death. Go take a nap, loser/winner.

Please seat yourself.

I like the very things you hate.

deezer shoove

Unread post

Phoenix68.2.0 » 01 Aug 2020, 9:07 am » wrote:
What....you're Cannonpointer's Chuck!!.....

.....his weekend/Holiday rent-a-sub??

I have no idea what that means so all you cloistered hand-wringers must be "in on it".
Let me know when an insult really cuts me.
I mean, you'll have to tell me  . . . but better yet don't bother.

Pass that on to the In Crowd...      

Please seat yourself.

Crazytrain

Unread post

Politics: Beer and Popcorn

deezershoove » 01 Aug 2020, 5:21 pm » wrote: Holy ****...   

You lied about somebody being a liar and must beat that **** to death. Go take a nap, loser/winner.

yeah you didn't prove your point and now are taking a win.   

Crazytrain

Unread post

Politics: Beer and Popcorn

NeoConvict » 01 Aug 2020, 5:03 pm » wrote: The Durham report will leak in October.

Yeah they will leak something that isn't provable I'm sure. And get all you cons in a tizzy talking about stuff like trying to convict Hillary for forty years. 

RollingRock

Unread post

Liberals Only Moderator
Liberals Only Moderator
Politics: Progressive

Beer
Bring it on.     

The whole Durham "investigation" reeks of Trumpian butt hurt.  I expect an over-hyped, diversionary nothingburger.

"A nation will not survive morally or economically when a few have so much yet so many have so little." ....Bernie Sanders

deezer shoove

Unread post

Crazytrain » 01 Aug 2020, 5:35 pm » wrote: yeah you didn't prove your point and now are taking a win. 

Are you one of the cloistered hand-wringers? Gee, I'm so beat up....  
---
Just one quick search yields an excerpt:In 2014, a peer-reviewed study released by a team of professors from Old Dominion University and George Mason University estimated that approximately 6.4 percent of noncitizens voted in the 2008 presidential election. They also surmised that 2.2 percent voted in the 2010 midterm election.[xxviii] In addition, the study estimated that 80 percent of noncitizens who appeared to have voted cast their ballots in favor of one party. Noncitizens are believed to have voted in these elections in numbers great enough to have affected the outcome in some races.More recently, in January 2019, a top Pennsylvania state legislator called upon Harrisburg to immediately remove from the voting rolls the names of 11,198 noncitizens, whom the state confirmed are registered to vote, in spite of their ineligibility.[xxix]Also in January 2019, the Texas Secretary of State, David Whitley, informed voter registrars that the Texas Department of Public Safety has identified as many as 95,000 noncitizens who appear to have registered to vote.[xxx] The agency estimated as many as 58,000 of those people voted “in one or more Texas elections” (at some point since 1996). These numbers show that noncitizen voting is far from a myth.

---
You ******* are worth a 3 second search. I guess.

Please seat yourself.

Olivaw

Unread post

deezershoove » 01 Aug 2020, 5:21 pm » wrote: Holy ****...   

And still you respond. Give it up, cultboy. You pushed the fiction of widespread voter fraud. You deserved to be called on it. Now scram. 

Olivaw

Unread post

NeoConvict » 01 Aug 2020, 5:18 pm » wrote: Won't matter. It will  be enough to torpedo Joe and others.
Doubtful.

The election will be a referendum on Trump’s failed presidency. Republican distractions are unlikely to have a significant impact. 

RollingRock

Unread post

Liberals Only Moderator
Liberals Only Moderator
Politics: Progressive

Beer
Olivaw » 01 Aug 2020, 6:12 pm » wrote: Doubtful.

The election will be a referendum on Trump’s failed presidency. Republican distractions are unlikely to have a significant impact.
The nationwide push to get rid of a corrupt, divisive, incompetent president is far bigger than any concern over the results of a partisan, retaliatory investigation initiated by Bill Barr.  Very few will give a rat's *** about Durham's report.

"A nation will not survive morally or economically when a few have so much yet so many have so little." ....Bernie Sanders

NeoConvict

Unread post

Roll Out
Olivaw » 01 Aug 2020, 6:12 pm » wrote: Doubtful.

For a president under constant attack he's been remarkably effective. If he were ineffective the progressives wouldn't be so constantly angry.

Olivaw

Unread post

deezershoove » 01 Aug 2020, 5:44 pm » wrote: Are you one of the cloistered hand-wringers? Gee, I'm so beat up....  
---
Just one quick search yields an excerpt:In 2014, a peer-reviewed study released by a team of professors from Old Dominion University and George Mason University estimated that approximately 6.4 percent of noncitizens voted in the 2008 presidential election. They also surmised that 2.2 percent voted in the 2010 midterm election.[xxviii] In addition, the study estimated that 80 percent of noncitizens who appeared to have voted cast their ballots in favor of one party. Noncitizens are believed to have voted in these elections in numbers great enough to have affected the outcome in some races.More recently, in January 2019, a top Pennsylvania state legislator called upon Harrisburg to immediately remove from the voting rolls the names of 11,198 noncitizens, whom the state confirmed are registered to vote, in spite of their ineligibility.[xxix]Also in January 2019, the Texas Secretary of State, David Whitley, informed voter registrars that the Texas Department of Public Safety has identified as many as 95,000 noncitizens who appear to have registered to vote.[xxx] The agency estimated as many as 58,000 of those people voted “in one or more Texas elections” (at some point since 1996). These numbers show that noncitizen voting is far from a myth.

---
You ******* are worth a 3 second search. I guess.
Dizzie failed to link to the supposed “peer-reviewed” paper that supports his widespread vote fraud fiction. Telling. 

“A study published by a Columbia University political scientist tracked incidence rates for voter fraud for two years, and found that the rare fraud that was reported generally could be traced to “false claims by the loser of a close race, mischief and administrative or voter error.” 

“A comprehensive 2014 study published in The Washington Post found 31 credible instances of impersonation fraud from 2000 to 2014, out of more than 1 billion ballots cast.”

A review of the 2016 election found four documented cases of voter fraud. 

Research into the 2016 election found no evidence of widespread voter fraud.

2016 working paper concluded that the upper limit on double voting in the 2012 election was 0.02%. The paper noted that the incident rate was likely much lower, given audits conducted by the researchers showed that “many, if not all, of these apparent double votes could be a result of measurement error.”

A 2014 paper concluded that “the likely percent of non-citizen voters in recent US elections is 0.”

2014 nationwide study found “no evidence of widespread impersonation fraud” in the 2012 election.

2014 study that examined impersonation fraud both at the polls and by mail ballot found zero instances in the jurisdictions studied.

2014 study by the non-partisan Government Accountability Office, which reflected a literature review of the existing research on voter fraud, noted that the studies consistently found “few instances of in-person voter fraud.”

While writing a 2012 book, a researcher went back 30 years to try to find an example of voter impersonation fraud determining the outcome of an election, but was unable to find even one.

2012 study exhaustively pulled records from every state for all alleged election fraud, and found the overall fraud rate to be “infinitesimal” and impersonation fraud by voters at the polls to be the rarest fraud of all: only 10 cases alleged in 12 years. The same study found only 56 alleged cases of non-citizen voting, in 12 years.

2012 assessment of Georgia’s 2006 election found “no evidence that election fraud was committed under the auspices of deceased registrants.”

2011 study by the Republican National Lawyers Association found that, between 2000 and 2010, 21 states had 1 or 0 convictions for voter fraud or other kinds of voting irregularities.

2010 book cataloguing reported incidents of voter fraud concluded that nearly all allegations turned out to be clerical errors or mistakes, not fraud.

2009 analysis examined 12 states and found that fraud by voters was “very rare,” and also concluded that many of the cases that garnered media attention were ultimately unsubstantiated upon further review.

Additional research on noncitizen voting can be found here: http://www.brennancenter.org/analysis/analysis-noncitizen-voting-vanishingly-rare.

Additional resources can be found here: https://www.brennancenter.org/analysis/ ... nd-reports.
Trump’s Presidential Advisory Commission on Vote Integrity was supposed to blow the lid off vote fraud and vindicate Trump’s lie that he actually won the popular vote. It came up empty and was quietly disbanded. https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/r ... oter-fraud

Much of this was copied from https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/ ... fraud-myth

Olivaw

Unread post

NeoConvict » 01 Aug 2020, 6:36 pm » wrote: For a president under constant attack he's been remarkably effective. If he were ineffective the progressives wouldn't be so constantly angry.
If he were effective, we’d be annoyed.

He’s incompetent and he’s doing lasting damage to the country and world security. Therefore, yes. We are angry.

NeoConvict

Unread post

Roll Out
Olivaw » 01 Aug 2020, 6:49 pm » wrote: If he were effective, we’d be annoyed.

He’s incompetent and he’s doing lasting damage to the country and world security. Therefore, yes. We are angry.
He's very effective, progressives are beyond angry. They are climbing in bed with neoconservative warmongers for the low barrier of entry of saying bad **** about Trump. Trump has revealed the left for the partisan hypocrites they are, as if the peace protests stopping under Obama only to resume under Trump. Very revealing. 

Olivaw

Unread post

NeoConvict » 01 Aug 2020, 7:11 pm » wrote: He's very effective, progressives are beyond angry. They are climbing in bed with neoconservative warmongers for the low barrier of entry of saying bad **** about Trump. Trump has revealed the left for the partisan hypocrites they are, as if the peace protests stopping under Obama only to resume under Trump. Very revealing.
The anger is justified. Trump is hurting the country. 

How many wars did Obama start again? 

How many progressives do you know IRL  who self identify as neocons? I suspect none. The neocon label is applied by other people with their own agenda and it’s usually dishonest.  

NeoConvict

Unread post

Roll Out

How many wars did Obama start again? 

How many progressives do you know IRL  who self identify as neocons? I suspect none. The neocon label is applied by other people with their own agenda and it’s usually dishonest.
Syria, Libya, North Africa, expanded the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. All while the self proclaimed anti war liberals sat on their thumbs.

Olivaw

Unread post

NeoConvict » 01 Aug 2020, 10:44 pm » wrote: Syria, Libya, North Africa, expanded the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. All while the self proclaimed anti war liberals sat on their thumbs.
Fair enough. Obama didn’t invade Syria and Libya, the way Bush invaded Afghanistan and Iraq. I also think it is  unfair to compare the targeted killing during the Obama years to the indiscriminate mass bombings of civilians by the Bush regime. Nonetheless, that doesn’t make them right. There are few clean hands. 

Interesting discussion in foreign policy journal which is unkind to both Obama and Trump, Democrats and Republicans. it appears that permanent war has been entrenched to the extent that few pays attention any more. We probably should.

https://www.foreignpolicyjournal.com/20 ... bama-wars/