Solutions to Portland--??

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
367 posts
Taipan

Unread post

Politics: Libertarian

Something I want.
I ask now.
What will it take to stop the rioting in Portland? 
I am open to both sides of the fence.

I seek an honest solution.

Huey

Unread post

Politics: Liberacon

Taipan » 26 Jul 2020, 8:53 am » wrote: Something I want.
I ask now.

what it will take is a change in political leadership.  Those with the will to do what needs to be done.  Mass arrests, taking back the affected streets, Federal Officers protecting federal Property.  Major police presence.

but none of that will happen with out a change in political leadership. 
“There is No Big There, There”

No further indictments. No instances of obstruction

Alex Vindman-"As the transcript is in the public record, we are aware of what was said"

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/politics/Read-Alexander-Vindmans-Opening-Statement-on-Trumps-Ukraine-Call-564036951.html

RollingRock

Unread post

Liberals Only Moderator
Liberals Only Moderator
Politics: Progressive

Beer
I ask now.

We need to listen to the protesters' concerns and implement changes (versus gassing unarmed citizens and beating them with nightsticks).   
"A nation will not survive morally or economically when a few have so much yet so many have so little." ....Bernie Sanders

Huey

Unread post

RollingRock » 26 Jul 2020, 8:59 am » wrote: We need to listen to the protesters' concerns and implement changes (versus gassing unarmed citizens and beating them with nightsticks).
And what happened when the mayor tried that the other night?  How did that go over?

I’m at the point of saying **** it.  Let it go.  Pull all federal officers out.  Let Portland and Oregon handle it.  BUT no federal money to repair the damage.  No help whatsoever.  They are also responsible for the damage to Fed Property.  It is the states problem.

Alex Vindman-"As the transcript is in the public record, we are aware of what was said"

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/politics/Read-Alexander-Vindmans-Opening-Statement-on-Trumps-Ukraine-Call-564036951.html

Rock

Unread post

Politics: Conservative

RollingRock » 26 Jul 2020, 8:59 am » wrote: We need to listen to the protesters' concerns and implement changes (versus gassing unarmed citizens and beating them with nightsticks).

The wimp mayor tried to listen to them face to face and got shouted out. Besides the "protesters" are mostly anarchists who are only there to cause destruction.

RollingRock

Unread post

Liberals Only Moderator
Liberals Only Moderator
Politics: Progressive

Beer
Rock » 26 Jul 2020, 9:08 am » wrote: The wimp mayor tried to listen to them face to face and got shouted out. Besides the "protesters" are mostly anarchists who are only there to cause destruction.
No, most are average citizens who want police officers to stop murdering unarmed black people. And they want accountability and arrests for those who do.  I don't see that as unreasonable.

Looters and rioters are not a part of this - they are rogue actors, not part of the protests at large.

"A nation will not survive morally or economically when a few have so much yet so many have so little." ....Bernie Sanders

Cedar

Unread post

Cannonpointer's Internet Barrister
Cannonpointer's Internet Barrister
Politics: Classical Liberal

I ask now.

Break out the fire hoses, all the retards will go back to their moms basement.

““15 days to slow the spread” began 140 days ago.”

“If you wear a mask while alone in your car driving down the road, I’m going to assume it’s to keep you from licking the window”

Huey

Unread post

RollingRock » 26 Jul 2020, 9:15 am » wrote: No, most are average citizens who want police officers to stop murdering unarmed black people. And they want accountability and arrests for those who do.  I don't see that as unreasonable.

Looters and rioters are not a part of this - they are rogue actors, not part of the protests at large.
And yet each protest for the las 8 weeks ends with a riot.  Who goes to a protest with crowbars, bats, Molotov **** and lasers?  

Zeets2

Unread post

RollingRock » 26 Jul 2020, 9:15 am » wrote: No, most are average citizens who want police officers to stop murdering unarmed black people. And they want accountability and arrests for those who do.  I don't see that as unreasonable.

Those "average citizens" are NOT being arrested!  BLM and Antifa are inciting them to riot, vandalize, and destroy property.  And I honestly couldn't care less if they destroy their own neighborhoods, since that mindset is beyond stupid, and Trump has already refused to send federal funds to repair the damage done by them in Minnesota.  Right now there IS accountability for police, but liberals DON'T want that!  They want to have the ability immediately for mob justice where they can be judge, jury, and executioners for any police they don't like, regardless of their Constitutional rights.  If there was actually the kind of numbers that police actually did murder unarmed blacks, then how is it that the number of such crimes taking place have dropped so drastically?

nefarious101

Unread post

Huey » 26 Jul 2020, 8:56 am » wrote: what it will take is a change in political leadership.  Those with the will to do what needs to be done.  Mass arrests, taking back the affected streets, Federal Officers protecting federal Property.  Major police presence.

but none of that will happen with out a change in political leadership.

100% correct....a change in governance.  That will be the one and only way to stop it.  Democrats and their MSM are protecting people who are looters, criminals, terrorists and insurrectionists wanting to overthrow our country's social and political systems....and they are using force and intimidation against the citizenry who are told by government they are not allowed to protect themselves.

The top politicals and the bottom activist are squeezing the middle....Democrats and MSM are condemning anyone who tries to do anything about it 

Taipan

Unread post

Two months.        Ideas.         Demands.         Requests.
We have heard nothing.
When can the Dems put their ideas on paper?
Maybe we could talk about it?      
Or, did you want to fight?    You don't quite understand who you are dealing with, do you?

Rock, 
These are White Men.............who like to fight.   They have brains and steel.   You cannot
beat them.     Even....their black enemies know one thing---  
Armed, White Men.............cannot be taken down.             All the rest of this game,.....
is just gaming.

The White Man stands tall.                                                                                          

NeoConvict

Unread post

Roll Out

99.9995% of police officers have never killed a black person, much less an unarmed one. If this riot silliness continues that may change.

"I WOULD RATHER HAVE QUESTIONS THAT CANNOT BE ANSWERED...
THAN TO HAVE ANSWERS THAT CANNOT BE QUESTIONED"

Famagusta

Unread post

Cedar » 26 Jul 2020, 9:17 am » wrote: Break out the fire hoses, all the retards will go back to their moms basement.
Is the water canon allowed in the US?

Misty

Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Politics: Liberal

PPE Mask
Cedar » 26 Jul 2020, 9:17 am » wrote:
I ask now.

Break out the fire hoses, all the retards will go back to their moms basement.
There are walls of 'moms' out there, along with walls of dads, vets, teachers, nurses and doctors, and lawyers.
Even the grandparents are out there now.

The protests have only grown since Trump sent his jack-booted thugs into Portland.

https://twitter.com/WomanRises/status/1 ... 98880?s=19

HEE, HEE, HEE...........

NeoConvict

Unread post

Roll Out
Misty » 26 Jul 2020, 11:49 am » wrote: There are walls of 'moms' out there, along with walls of dads, vets, teachers, nurses and doctors, and lawyers.

The protests have only grown since Trump sent his jack-booted thugs into Portland.

Trumps "goons" are protecting federal property. Don't damage federal property and they won't kidnap you. Pretty simple. 

"I WOULD RATHER HAVE QUESTIONS THAT CANNOT BE ANSWERED...
THAN TO HAVE ANSWERS THAT CANNOT BE QUESTIONED"

Misty

Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

PPE Mask
I ask now.

Do you consider all protesters to be rioters, or are you okay with the peaceful protesters?
Seems like all you Conservatives ever talk about is the few people who commit violence or vandalism, while you ignore the thousands of people who are peacefully protesting.
I suspect that's by design.

HEE, HEE, HEE...........

Taipan

Unread post

Misty » 26 Jul 2020, 11:49 am » wrote: There are walls of 'moms' out there, along with walls of dads, vets, teachers, nurses and doctors, and lawyers.

OK, Misty,
Libertarians won't listen to violence. (we will bull-up & fight back).
But.....we will listen to Moms....and Grandma.

Spell it out, tough-girl.   What exactly do you want?
Maybe we could work something out.
Maybe we can't.

Ohhhh.... but the Hatfield Courthouse?         Keep your hands off.   
OK?

Huey

Unread post

Misty » 26 Jul 2020, 11:58 am » wrote: Do you consider all protesters to be rioters, or are you okay with the peaceful protesters?
Seems like all you Conservatives ever talk about is the few people who commit violence or vandalism, while you ignore the thousands of people who are peacefully protesting.
I suspect that's by design.
face reality misty.  In Portland going on 8 weeks now the protests start peaceful and end in riots.  As I asked earlier who goes to a protest carrying bats, crowbars used to pull plywood off store fronts, Molotov ****, etc.?  

8 **** weeks misty

Misty

Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

PPE Mask
NeoConvict » 26 Jul 2020, 11:52 am » wrote: Trumps "goons" are protecting federal property. Don't damage federal property and they won't kidnap you. Pretty simple.
If they were only there to protect federal property then they would do that by forming a perimeter around that property.
But they are venturing out into the city blocks away from that federal property to harass and confront protesters.

Trump sent his goons into Portland to harass and provoke peaceful protesters because he knew those protesters would fight back and he would get the exact type of video that we are seeing now with the confrontations between protesters and his goons.

FOX News plays the videos of these confrontations on a loop in order to make it look like all protesters are violent and Trump uses them in his campaign ads.
It's all a **** show.

HEE, HEE, HEE...........

Huey

Unread post

Misty » 26 Jul 2020, 12:07 pm » wrote: If they were only there to protect federal property then they would do that by forming a perimeter around that property.
But they are venturing out into the city blocks away from that federal property to harass and confront protesters.

Trump sent his goons into Portland to harass and provoke peaceful protesters because he knew those protesters would fight back and he would get the exact type of video that we are seeing now with the confrontations between protesters and his goons.

FOX News plays the videos of these confrontations on a loop in order to make it look like all protesters are violent and Trump uses them in his campaign ads.
It's all a **** show.
The truth on the Fed officers straight from the court:U.S. District Judge Michael Mosman issued his decision on Friday.Oregon argued that federal law enforcement officials were violating protesters' constitutional rights and snatching them off the streets.The judge concluded that while the state's attorneys provided evidence of two interactions with federal police that may have been considered improper, that evidence alone was not enough to allow the motion to stand."The State has presented just one example of an arrest without probable cause and one example of an unreasonable seizure," he said. "It has presented no evidence of any official orders or policies and has presented no evidence that these allegedly illegal seizures are a widespread practice."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... n-portland

​​​​​​​The myth of government goons roaming the streets is just that.  A myth.  A myth reported by the MSM and repeated by others.