Fair Trial for the Missouri Couple who Defended their Home? Naaaah..

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
177 posts
User avatar
Annoyed Liberall

Unread post

User avatar
Hot Little Twist
Hot Little Twist
Posts: 14,120
Politics: Classical Liberal

I think they had a right to do what they did.
At first I defended the protesters, but then I learned they broke through a privacy gate.
At that point they became rioters.
I think that couple was stupid and looking for their 15 minutes of fame.
They clearly have not been trained in how to use a weapon.
IMO they didn't need to be pointing the weapons at the mob.
They should have just stood their ground with their weapons.
Also, someone should tell her that if you are going to brandish a weapon, you better be prepared to use it.
An inoperable handgun may as well be a rock.
Log in or Register to remove ads


User avatar
Huey

Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 63,617
Politics: Liberacon

DennisTheMenace » 30 Jul 2020, 5:01 am » wrote: Brandishing a weapon...fake, incapacitated, or real, will land your *** in jail.

False.  In Missouri the weapon has to be readily capable of lethal use.  That weapon was not. If you have to field strip the weapon and reassemble it is not readily capable of lethal force.

Patricia McCloskey’s handgun was inoperable when she brandished it to ward off demonstrators who had congregated on her front lawn, but a St. Louis prosecutor ordered crime lab technicians to reassemble the gun in working order and then attested that it was “readily capable of lethal use” in charging documents filed against McCloskey.

“The firearm could not be test fired as submitted,” reads a report from the St. Louis police crime lab obtained by 5 On Your Side. “At the request of ACA Chris Hinckley, the firearm was field stripped and found to have been assembled incorrectly….The firearm was reassembled properly, test fired and functioned as designed.” Crime lab workers photographed the disassembly and reassembly process.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/pro ... -her-home/

And:

Legal experts say that the law in Missouri is clear: In order for Patricia McCloskey to be guilty of exhibiting a weapon, which she was charged with Monday, the gun she had has to be readily capable of lethal use. If it was inoperable, some attorneys say she never should have been charged in the first place.

https://www.kmov.com/news/report-patric ... 19c88.html
“There is No Big There, There”

No further indictments. No instances of obstruction

Alex Vindman-"As the transcript is in the public record, we are aware of what was said"


https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/politics/Read-Alexander-Vindmans-Opening-Statement-on-Trumps-Ukraine-Call-564036951.html


User avatar
DennisTheMenace

Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 1,127
Politics: Independent

NeoConvict » 30 Jul 2020, 6:32 am » wrote: From ones own private property? Nope.
Yes, it can be considered assault. 
 

User avatar
duck615

Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 3,066

They exercised their 2nd Amendment Rights...
Sad democrats want to take that right away...
Thank God the couple have the Castle Doctrine on their side. Laws like this... piss liberals off all the time!!!

User avatar
Huey

Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 63,617
Politics: Liberacon

DennisTheMenace » 30 Jul 2020, 6:58 am » wrote: Yes, it can be considered assault. 
Not in her case.
“There is No Big There, There”

No further indictments. No instances of obstruction

Alex Vindman-"As the transcript is in the public record, we are aware of what was said"


https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/politics/Read-Alexander-Vindmans-Opening-Statement-on-Trumps-Ukraine-Call-564036951.html


User avatar
omh

Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 5,538

AnnoyedLiberall » 30 Jul 2020, 6:55 am » wrote: I think they had a right to do what they did.
At first I defended the protesters, but then I learned they broke through a privacy gate.
At that point they became rioters.
I think that couple was stupid and looking for their 15 minutes of fame.
They clearly have not been trained in how to use a weapon.
IMO they didn't need to be pointing the weapons at the mob.
They should have just stood their ground with their weapons.
Also, someone should tell her that if you are going to brandish a weapon, you better be prepared to use it.
An inoperable handgun may as well be a rock.
You have been made a fool for life, think about that until you understand how that came true and why you won't change your social mind..
Last edited by omh on 30 Jul 2020, 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
when your reality won't explain real completely, you joined a socially corrupt intellectual mind that won't tolerate you using your own brain.

User avatar
NeoConvict

Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 25,010
Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
DennisTheMenace » 30 Jul 2020, 6:58 am » wrote: Yes, it can be considered assault. 
not if threatened. They were threatened. 
 
"I WOULD RATHER HAVE QUESTIONS THAT CANNOT BE ANSWERED...
THAN TO HAVE ANSWERS THAT CANNOT BE QUESTIONED"






User avatar
Taipan

Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 645
Politics: Libertarian

Isabel » 29 Jul 2020, 11:58 pm » wrote: Those two douchebags have a history of nuisance lawsuits and harassment of people.

**** em.

Will you back the black rioters who
seek to do harm to those white people?

User avatar
skews13

Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 3,257

Cannonpointer » 30 Jul 2020, 12:08 am » wrote: A man's home is his castle. If they are to retreat, where other than home ought they to retreat TO?

And if they are to stand their ground, outnumbered by an unruly mob mere blocks and days from where and when a retired policeman was murdered by elements of the same mob, how but in an armed condition are they to do it?

I have been in their position. Twice. We had two different home invasion crews active in las vegas when I owned a home there. I know how it puts a community on edge that there is a single crew threatening the safety of people in their homes. Imagine an entire mob threatening folks' peace and safety illegally.

And yes, dear, it is AGAINST THE LAW to crash through gates and trespass on private property. Imagine how YOU would feel, if that **** was going down on YOUR street.

Public protests do not belong in areas zoned residential. That is not freedom of assembly - it's a threat to public order and an assault on the peace of a neighborhood. The residents of that neighborhood have more than a mere right to arm themselves - they have a duty.

AGAIN - put yourself in their shoes, if you are capable.
Nobody was threatening their home. They were walking down the street past their home.

Bonnie and Clyde weren’t retreating. They were advancing.

It won’t take Clarence Darrow, using the available video evidence, to clearly prove that case beyond a reasonable doubt.

I like guns, and I hate protesters is not a defense.

Though I’m sure these two will use it anyway.

User avatar
omh

Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 5,538

skews13 » 30 Jul 2020, 8:07 am » wrote: Nobody was threatening their home. They were walking down the street past their home.

Bonnie and Clyde weren’t retreating. They were advancing.

It won’t take Clarence Darrow, using the available video evidence, to clearly prove that case beyond a reasonable doubt.

I like guns, and I hate protesters is not a defense.

Though I’m sure these two will use it anyway.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. they were threatening the occupants to comply with their demands or else they won't have a hme to get back in, because the ocupants will be dead.

I highlighted your literal escape clause. How does one threaten an inanimate object? How does an inanimate object threaten people? Interpretation.

In reality the mob rules by law. Individuals get social absolutes choices between lesser of two evils, death or taxes.
Last edited by omh on 30 Jul 2020, 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
when your reality won't explain real completely, you joined a socially corrupt intellectual mind that won't tolerate you using your own brain.

User avatar
Huey

Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 63,617
Politics: Liberacon

skews13 » 30 Jul 2020, 8:07 am » wrote: Nobody was threatening their home. They were walking down the street past their home.

Bonnie and Clyde weren’t retreating. They were advancing.

It won’t take Clarence Darrow, using the available video evidence, to clearly prove that case beyond a reasonable doubt.

I like guns, and I hate protesters is not a defense.

Though I’m sure these two will use it anyway.

The street was private property.  The rioters were trespassing at the very least.  Hopefully this goes to trial.  

Are you saying that the protesters did not crash the gate?  That the protesters did not issue threats?  That MO does not have a castle law?  And concerning everything going on at the moment you would not feel threatened by people on your property threatening you?  That's **** if you say no. 
“There is No Big There, There”

No further indictments. No instances of obstruction

Alex Vindman-"As the transcript is in the public record, we are aware of what was said"


https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/politics/Read-Alexander-Vindmans-Opening-Statement-on-Trumps-Ukraine-Call-564036951.html


Ike Bana

Unread post

   
   
Posts: 572

Feh. Death threats are a felony in Missouri. If you do it face to face it's worse. If you leave a threatening phone message, or send a threatening email or letter, it's still a felony death threat. It doesn't matter if your gun is broken, not loaded, has the safety off, or you don't have a **** gun at all.  Doesn't matter if you're on your property.  Doesn't matter if you have or don't have any property.

It's a death threat, and it's a felony.  If somebody walking down the street puts their foot on your lawn you call the police, you don't threaten to kill them.

When mediocre country singer Jan Howard threatened "I'll take out my .357 magnum and blow your head off", to a war protester who invited her to join their march, the State of Tennessee should have charged her with a felony death threat.
 
Last edited by Ike Bana on 30 Jul 2020, 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
skews13

Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 3,257

Huey » 30 Jul 2020, 8:14 am » wrote: The street was private property.  The rioters were trespassing at the very least.  Hopefully this goes to trial.  

Are you saying that the protesters did not crash the gate?  That the protesters did not issue threats?  That MO does not have a castle law?  And concerning everything going on at the moment you would not feel threatened by people on your property threatening you?  That's **** if you say no.
Let me say this slowly, so even you’ll get it.

A private community does not the privacy of the inside of your home make.

Are there any public utilities, such as sewer, water, electrical service entering that private community?

Then right of way laws also apply.

The second Bonnie and Clyde came to the other side of the front door of that McMansion, they surrendered any defense they had of being afraid for their safety.

The action of brandishing weapons, which unless you are going to say that AR 15 was disabled also, with the clear intent of intimidating those protesters, now makes them in violation of the law.

If the home owners association of that community wants to bring trespassing charges against any of the protesters, they are within their rights to do so.

And just like Bonnie and Clyde, they are all presumed innocent until proven guilty.
 

User avatar
omh

Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 5,538

IkeBana » 30 Jul 2020, 8:24 am » wrote: Feh. Death threats are a felony in Missouri. If you do it face to face it's worse. If you leave a threatening phone message, or send a threatening email or letter, it's still a felony death threat. It doesn't matter if your gun is broken, not loaded, has the safety off, or you don't have a **** gun at all.

It's a death threat, and it's a felony.
You are leaving out very pertinent information there, threatening phone call is invasion of one's home or with cell phones brain anywhere they are, second defending one's property by people marching into neighborhoods not where they live to create fear if the people don't comply with their demands, is extortion, not protesting in a public place.

So you better stop lumping and dumping while flaming amd blaming.
when your reality won't explain real completely, you joined a socially corrupt intellectual mind that won't tolerate you using your own brain.

Zeets2

Unread post

   
   
Posts: 1,391
Politics: Conservative

Cannonpointer » 30 Jul 2020, 12:08 am » wrote: A man's home is his castle. If they are to retreat, where other than home ought they to retreat TO?

And if they are to stand their ground, outnumbered by an unruly mob mere blocks and days from where and when a retired policeman was murdered by elements of the same mob, how but in an armed condition are they to do it?

I have been in their position. Twice. We had two different home invasion crews active in las vegas when I owned a home there. I know how it puts a community on edge that there is a single crew threatening the safety of people in their homes. Imagine an entire mob threatening folks' peace and safety illegally.

And yes, dear, it is AGAINST THE LAW to crash through gates and trespass on private property. Imagine how YOU would feel, if that **** was going down on YOUR street.

Public protests do not belong in areas zoned residential. That is not freedom of assembly - it's a threat to public order and an assault on the peace of a neighborhood. The residents of that neighborhood have more than a mere right to arm themselves - they have a duty.

AGAIN - put yourself in their shoes, if you are capable.
Just as importantly, people would not be forced to defend themselves if the police were able and allowed to protect them.  The minute the mob broke through an iron security gate, the police should have been there to stop the mob in it's tracks.  And if they can't or won't do so, Americans must be willing and able to protect themselves!  And based on the record number of millions of gun sales in the past few months alone, I believe we are!
 

Zeets2

Unread post

   
   
Posts: 1,391
Politics: Conservative

skews13 » 30 Jul 2020, 8:07 am » wrote: Nobody was threatening their home. They were walking down the street past their home.

Bonnie and Clyde weren’t retreating. They were advancing.

It won’t take Clarence Darrow, using the available video evidence, to clearly prove that case beyond a reasonable doubt.

I like guns, and I hate protesters is not a defense.

Though I’m sure these two will use it anyway.
That's ****!  The mob threatened to kill their dog, burn down their home, and kill them!  You can believe whatever liberal stupidity you want, but I believe the mob would have made good on those threats if the McCloskeys had not brandished their legal weapons, and I'm quite certain the McCloskeys believed that as well.  It's not like we haven't seen months of arson, vandalism, looting, random destruction and even murder from similar mobs before!  In my opinion, once a mob has committed a crime by breaking down an iron security gate, anyone choosing to remain with them should be charged with that crime.  If you choose to continue associating with criminals, you need to be treated as one as well.
 

User avatar
DennisTheMenace

Unread post

User avatar
   
   
Posts: 1,127
Politics: Independent

Zeets2 » 30 Jul 2020, 9:15 am » wrote: Just as importantly, people would not be forced to defend themselves if the police were able and allowed to protect them.  The minute the mob broke through an iron security gate, the police should have been there to stop the mob in it's tracks.  And if they can't or won't do so, Americans must be willing and able to protect themselves!  And based on the record number of millions of gun sales in the past few months alone, I believe we are!
Who trusts the police at this point?  Only a fool. 

Zeets2

Unread post

   
   
Posts: 1,391
Politics: Conservative

DennisTheMenace » 30 Jul 2020, 9:28 am » wrote: Who trusts the police at this point?  Only a fool. 
It's too bad you don't, but I trust the police in my town.  However that doesn't mean a person shouldn't take additional precautions to defend themselves, which is why I joined the millions of others in the past few months and legally purchase a gun.  We've too often seen how the police can easily be overwhelmed by the numbers in a mob.
 

User avatar
Huey

Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 63,617
Politics: Liberacon

skews13 » 30 Jul 2020, 8:26 am » wrote: Let me say this slowly, so even you’ll get it.

A private community does not the privacy of the inside of your home make.

Are there any public utilities, such as sewer, water, electrical service entering that private community?

Then right of way laws also apply.

The second Bonnie and Clyde came to the other side of the front door of that McMansion, they surrendered any defense they had of being afraid for their safety.

The action of brandishing weapons, which unless you are going to say that AR 15 was disabled also, with the clear intent of intimidating those protesters, now makes them in violation of the law.

If the home owners association of that community wants to bring trespassing charges against any of the protesters, they are within their rights to do so.

And just like Bonnie and Clyde, they are all presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Let me make myself clear so even you understand.

The community is not open to the public.

Right of way laws do not apply.

MO castle law says you are wrong.

Posted above,  as part of MO law is that in order to be charged with brandishing a weapon the weapon has to be readily capable of lethal fire.  The weapon was NOT readily available for lethal fire.  It had to be filed stripped and reassembled in order for it to be readily capable. 

You view this as the law is written in MO not as you WISH it to be.   
 
Last edited by Huey on 30 Jul 2020, 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
“There is No Big There, There”

No further indictments. No instances of obstruction

Alex Vindman-"As the transcript is in the public record, we are aware of what was said"


https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/politics/Read-Alexander-Vindmans-Opening-Statement-on-Trumps-Ukraine-Call-564036951.html


User avatar
omh

Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 5,538

DennisTheMenace » 30 Jul 2020, 9:28 am » wrote: Who trusts the police at this point?  Only a fool. 
Only the fooled into ignoring how life functions naturally in plain sight each individual a specific one of a kind proportionately here in series of reproducitons lifetimes are parallel to adapting now since great grandparents to their great grandchildren becoming great grandparents or not.

but you keep pretending one world, one mind social stupidity.
when your reality won't explain real completely, you joined a socially corrupt intellectual mind that won't tolerate you using your own brain.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Allota Bologna, Annoyed Liberall, Bill Gates [Bot], Buffalo, Cannonpointer, Cedar, Crazytrain, Google Adsense [Bot], iamtogtogiam, Ike Bana, Isabel, KFSW, Majestic-12 [Bot], nefarious101, NeoConvict, neue regel, Olivaw, OpenSiteExplorer [Bot], Pastafarian, Pengwin, Semrush [Bot], simple jack, skews13, sooted up Cyndi, Termin8tor, Vegas, WillFranklin and 816 guests


Log in or Register to remove ads