Brace Yourselves, Kids......It's Actually Far Worse Than You Can Imagine...

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
161 posts
Blackvegetable

Unread post

Antifa
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/07 ... popular4-1

This spring, a team working under the president's son-in-law produced a plan for an aggressive, coordinated national COVID-19 response that could have brought the pandemic under control. So why did the White House spike it in favor of a shambolic 50-state response?

Jared's book is gonna be a Must Read...

Huey » wrote: I had to lie to do it, but hey, I get to do that for a living.

If that is really him I won’t post for a month.

I repeat slogans.

I don't care about frequency. 4 of the last 8 winners were from small countries. THat is the point.

Don't bother if it is going to be from behind. It could be anyone.

Crazytrain

Unread post

Politics: Beer and Popcorn

Trump is the worse president ever. Biden would of stopped the virus by now.

Misty

Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Politics: Liberal

PPE Mask
Blackvegetable » 31 Jul 2020, 1:06 pm » wrote: https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/07 ... popular4-1

This spring, a team working under the president's son-in-law produced a plan for an aggressive, coordinated national COVID-19 response that could have brought the pandemic under control. So why did the White House spike it in favor of a shambolic 50-state response?

Jared's book is gonna be a Must Read...
Jared might be an even bigger failure than his Father-in-law.

This paragraph is the biggest takeaway for me.

Most troubling of all, perhaps, was a sentiment the expert said a member of Kushner’s team expressed: that because the virus had hit blue states hardest, a national plan was unnecessary and would not make sense politically.
“The political folks believed that because it was going to be relegated to Democratic states, that they could blame those governors, and that would be an effective political strategy,” said the expert.

The political folks.......
HEE, HEE, HEE...........

Blackvegetable

Unread post

Antifa
Misty » 31 Jul 2020, 1:29 pm » wrote: Jared might be an even bigger failure than his Father-in-law.

Most troubling of all, perhaps, was a sentiment the expert said a member of Kushner’s team expressed: that because the virus had hit blue states hardest, a national plan was unnecessary and would not make sense politically.
“The political folks believed that because it was going to be relegated to Democratic states, that they could blame those governors, and that would be an effective political strategy,” said the expert.

That's just how **** these people are....

I repeat slogans.

I don't care about frequency. 4 of the last 8 winners were from small countries. THat is the point.

Crazytrain

Unread post

Misty » 31 Jul 2020, 1:29 pm » wrote: Jared might be an even bigger failure than his Father-in-law.

and you can see that plan unfold. They were willing to let the blue states battle it alone. If this was Obama doing this the right wing would be hammering this hard. 

Blackvegetable

Unread post

Antifa
“We know what has to be done: broad and ubiquitous testing tied to broad and effective contact tracing,” until a vaccine can be widely administered, Shah told Vanity Fair. “It takes about five minutes for anyone to understand that is the only path forward to reopening and recovering.” Without that, he said, “Our country is going to be stuck facing a series of rebound epidemics that are highly consequential in a really deleterious way.”

ibid....

FREEDUMB!

FREEDUMB!

FREEDUMB!

I repeat slogans.

Crazytrain

Unread post

Blackvegetable » 31 Jul 2020, 1:35 pm » wrote: “We know what has to be done: broad and ubiquitous testing tied to broad and effective contact tracing,” until a vaccine can be widely administered, Shah told Vanity Fair. “It takes about five minutes for anyone to understand that is the only path forward to reopening and recovering.” Without that, he said, “Our country is going to be stuck facing a series of rebound epidemics that are highly consequential in a really deleterious way.”

ibid....

FREEDUMB!

FREEDUMB!

FREEDUMB!

As you can see trump.isnt leadership material. 

Blackvegetable

Unread post

Antifa
Crazytrain » 31 Jul 2020, 1:42 pm » wrote: As you can see trump.isnt leadership material.

It takes about 5 minutes

Take a look around, Doc...

I repeat slogans.

Crazytrain

Unread post

Trump doesn't have the leadership skills to get this done.

Blackvegetable

Unread post

Antifa
In April, Phoenix, Arizona, was struggling just to provide tests to its health care workers and patients with severe symptoms of COVID-19. When Mayor Kate Gallego reached out to the federal government for help, she got an unmistakable message back: America’s fifth-largest city was on its own. “We didn’t have a sufficient number of cases to warrant” the help, Gallego told Vanity Fair.

Phoenix found itself in a catch-22, which the city’s government relations manager explained to lawyers in an April 21 email obtained by Vanity Fair through a public records request: “On a call with the county last week the Mayor was told that the region has [not] received FEMA funds related to testing because we don’t have bad numbers. The problem with that logic is that the Mayor believes we don’t have bad numbers because [of] a lack of testing.”

ibid...

Culpable Homicide....

I repeat slogans.

Crazytrain

Unread post

Blackvegetable » 31 Jul 2020, 1:49 pm » wrote: In April, Phoenix, Arizona, was struggling just to provide tests to its health care workers and patients with severe symptoms of COVID-19. When Mayor Kate Gallego reached out to the federal government for help, she got an unmistakable message back: America’s fifth-largest city was on its own. “We didn’t have a sufficient number of cases to warrant” the help, Gallego told Vanity Fair.

Phoenix found itself in a catch-22, which the city’s government relations manager explained to lawyers in an April 21 email obtained by Vanity Fair through a public records request: “On a call with the county last week the Mayor was told that the region has [not] received FEMA funds related to testing because we don’t have bad numbers. The problem with that logic is that the Mayor believes we don’t have bad numbers because [of] a lack of testing.”

ibid...

Culpable Homicide....
Trumps chance to show some leadership and he failed horribly. 

Blackvegetable

Unread post

Antifa
The Rockefeller Foundation, which aims to address global inequality with a $4.4 billion endowment, helped create America’s modern public health system through the early work of the Rockefeller Sanitary Commission to eradicate hookworm disease. Shah immediately began to refocus the foundation on the coming pandemic, and hired a worldwide expert, Dr. Jonathan Quick, to guide its response.

Meanwhile, he kept watching and waiting for what he assumed would be a massive federal mobilization. “The normal [strong] federal emergency response, protocols, guidance, materials, organization, and leadership were not immediately taking form,” he said. “It was pretty obvious the right things weren’t happening.”

As director of USAID from 2009 to 2015, Shah led the U.S. response to both the Haiti earthquake and the West African Ebola outbreak, and knew that the “relentless” collection of real-time metrics in a disaster was essential.

During the Ebola outbreak, which he managed from West Africa, he brought in a world-famous European epidemiologist, Hans Rosling, and President Barack Obama’s chief information officer to develop a detailed set of metrics, update them continuously in a spreadsheet, and send them daily to 25 top U.S. government officials. When it comes to outbreaks, said Shah, “If you don’t get this thing early, you’re chasing an exponentially steep curve.”

Ibid....

No ****....perhaps it isn't a very good idea to put someone with the attention span of one tweet in charge...

I repeat slogans.

Blackvegetable

Unread post

Antifa
In unprecedented move, Treasury orders Trump’s name printed on stimulus checks

Priorities

I repeat slogans.

Misty

Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

PPE Mask
Blackvegetable » 31 Jul 2020, 1:57 pm » wrote: In unprecedented move, Treasury orders Trump’s name printed on stimulus checks

Priorities
Of course they did.
Last time they sent out a separate letter with his signature.
So he's using our taxpayer money to have his name printed on the checks so he can take credit for giving us some of our own taxpayer money.

HEE, HEE, HEE...........

Blackvegetable

Unread post

Antifa
Misty » 31 Jul 2020, 2:10 pm » wrote: Of course they did.
So he's using our taxpayer money to have his name printed on the checks so he can take credit for giving us some of our own taxpayer money.

But he isn't responsible for anything....

Except for the record setting Obama Boom, of course...

I repeat slogans.

Crazytrain

Unread post

just imagine if a Democrat did that. The right wing would lose their minds. 

Coolguy10013

Unread post

You Liberal ***wipes and your FAKE NEWS!!

Sorry, I couldn't help it. I expected to see that by now.

Back to he stimulus letter. I didn't bother to read it. I ripped it up pronto. I know a lot of people who were appalled to receive that letter with his name plastered on it. 

Last edited by Coolguy10013 on 31 Jul 2020, 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blackvegetable

Unread post

Antifa
It may seem impossible for anyone but the federal government to scale up diagnostic testing one hundred-fold through a painstaking and piecemeal approach. But in private conversations, dispirited members of the White House task force urged members of the Rockefeller coalition to persist in their efforts. “Despite what we might be hearing, there is nothing being done in the administration on testing,” one of them was told on a phone call.

“It was a scary and telling moment,” the participant recounted.

ibid.

This is nauseating....

I repeat slogans.

Blackvegetable

Unread post

Antifa
Despite the Rockefeller Foundation’s round-the-clock work to guide the U.S. to a nationwide testing system essential to reopening, the foundation has not yet been able to bend the most important curve of all: the Trump administration’s determined disinterest in big federal action.

On July 15, in a video call with journalists, Dr. Shah looked visibly frustrated. The next day, the Rockefeller Foundation would be releasing a follow-up report: It called on the federal government to commit $75 billion more to testing and contact tracing, work to break through the testing bottlenecks that had led to days-long delays in the delivery of test results, and vastly increase more rapid point-of-care tests.

Though speaking in a typically mild-mannered tone, Shah delivered a stark warning: “We fear the fall will be worse than the spring.” He added, putting it bluntly: “America is not near the top of countries who have handled COVID-19 effectively.”

Just three days later, news reports revealed that the Trump administration was trying to block any new funding for testing and contact tracing in the new coronavirus relief package being hammered out in Congress. As one member of the Rockefeller coalition said of the administration’s response, “We’re dealing with a schizophrenic organization. Who the hell knows what’s going on? It’s just insanity.”

ibid...

"But nooooooo...Grifty can't do anything.....It's in the Constitution...."

"Thank you, Tattoo."

I repeat slogans.

Blackvegetable

Unread post

Antifa
Totally Grifty....

In the three months after the mysterious test kits arrived at the UAE embassy, diplomats there had been prodding the U.S. government to make good on the $52 million shipment. Finally, on June 26, lawyers for the Department of Health and Human Services sent a cable to the embassy, directed to the company which had misspelled its own name on the original invoice: Cogna Technology Solutions LLC.

The cable stated, “HHS is unable to remit payment for the test kits in question, as the Department has not identified any warranted United States contracting officer” or any contract documents involved in the procurement. The cable cited relevant federal contract laws that would make it “unlawful for the Government to pay for the test kits in question.”

But perhaps most relevant for Americans counting on the federal government to mount an effective response to the pandemic and safeguard their health, the test kits didn’t work. As the Health and Human Services cable to the UAE embassy noted: “When the kits were delivered they were tested in accordance with standard procedures and were found to be contaminated and unusable.”

An FDA spokesperson told Vanity Fair the tests may have been rendered ineffective because of how they were stored when they were shipped from the Middle East. “The reagents should be kept cold,” the spokesperson said.

ibid.

I repeat slogans.