The Cheeto Führer says 'read the manuals' when asked who told him that you can 'test too much' for COVID-19

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
106 posts
DennisTheMenace

Unread post

Politics: Independent

I understand his position...the more you test, the more positives there will be.  More testing/positives is not good for his reelection campaign.

Adolf Twitler doesn't give a ratz *** about the average American.  It's perfectly clear. 

President Donald Trump said in a new interview that there's such a thing as too much testing for coronavirus. When asked where he got his information from, the president said to "read the manuals" and "read the books."

"You know there are those that say you can test too much," Trump told Axios reporter Jonathan Swan in an interview set to air on Monday evening. "You do know that?"

"Who says that?" Swan asked.
"Oh, just read the manuals," the president replied. "Read the books."
"Manuals?" Swan pressed. "What manuals."
"Read the books, read the books," Trump repeated.

Watch a preview of the exchange below:

https://youtu.be/nU50qnbpMQA 

The president has repeatedly alternated between praising himself for the US expanding testing for coronavirus and claiming that testing is "overrated" and makes the country "look bad.

He's also falsely claimed that the US has the worst outbreak in the world because it does more testing and contact tracing than any other country.

"Somebody please tell Congressman Clyburn, who doesn't have a clue, that the chart he put up indicating more CASES for the U.S. than Europe, is because we do MUCH MORE testing than any other country in the World," Trump tweeted on Friday morning, during a House subcommittee hearing on the spread of COVID-19.

Trump's tweet came after South Carolina Rep. Jim Clyburn, who chairs the subcommittee, displayed a chart showing the spike in new cases in the US versus new cases in Europe.

The president repeated that claim during a roundtable event for seniors last month, saying, "If we stop testing right now, we'd have very few cases."And in May, he said during a meeting with Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds that "if we did very little testing, we wouldn't have the most cases. So, in a way, by doing all of this testing, we make ourselves look bad."

Public-health officials and scientific experts have pointed out that while the US has rapidly expanded its testing and contact-tracing ability, that alone doesn't account for the increase in new cases.

"That states are finding more cases relative to the amount of tests they are conducting provides the strongest rebuttal to the administration's assertion that case numbers are rising because we're getting better at finding cases through increased testing," Jennifer Nuzzo, an epidemiologist at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, wrote in The Washington Post last month.

"They tell us the opposite — that each of these states needs to do even more testing to find infections — followed by more rigorous contact tracing and isolation," Nuzzo added.

As of Friday afternoon, nearly 4.5 million people in the US had been infected with COVID-19 and over 152,000 had died as a result.

duck615

Unread post

STFU dennis you pos anti-American scumbag

Ike Bana

Unread post

duck615 » 01 Aug 2020, 6:50 am » wrote: STFU dennis you pos anti-American scumbag
More limp and lame braindead insults.

Blackvegetable

Unread post

Antifa
duck615 » 01 Aug 2020, 6:50 am » wrote: STFU dennis you pos anti-American scumbag
What do you find so objectionable, duck?
Huey » wrote: I had to lie to do it, but hey, I get to do that for a living.

If that is really him I won’t post for a month.

I repeat slogans.

I don't care about frequency. 4 of the last 8 winners were from small countries. THat is the point.

Don't bother if it is going to be from behind. It could be anyone.

Blackvegetable

Unread post

Antifa
DennisTheMenace » 01 Aug 2020, 4:24 am » wrote:

I understand his position...the more you test, the more positives there will be.  More testing/positives is not good for his reelection campaign.

Adolf Twitler doesn't give a ratz *** about the average American.  It's perfectly clear. 

President Donald Trump said in a new interview that there's such a thing as too much testing for coronavirus. When asked where he got his information from, the president said to "read the manuals" and "read the books."

"You know there are those that say you can test too much," Trump told Axios reporter Jonathan Swan in an interview set to air on Monday evening. "You do know that?"

"Who says that?" Swan asked.
"Oh, just read the manuals," the president replied. "Read the books."
"Manuals?" Swan pressed. "What manuals."
"Read the books, read the books," Trump repeated.

Watch a preview of the exchange below:

https://youtu.be/nU50qnbpMQA 

The president has repeatedly alternated between praising himself for the US expanding testing for coronavirus and claiming that testing is "overrated" and makes the country "look bad.

He's also falsely claimed that the US has the worst outbreak in the world because it does more testing and contact tracing than any other country.

"Somebody please tell Congressman Clyburn, who doesn't have a clue, that the chart he put up indicating more CASES for the U.S. than Europe, is because we do MUCH MORE testing than any other country in the World," Trump tweeted on Friday morning, during a House subcommittee hearing on the spread of COVID-19.

Trump's tweet came after South Carolina Rep. Jim Clyburn, who chairs the subcommittee, displayed a chart showing the spike in new cases in the US versus new cases in Europe.

The president repeated that claim during a roundtable event for seniors last month, saying, "If we stop testing right now, we'd have very few cases."And in May, he said during a meeting with Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds that "if we did very little testing, we wouldn't have the most cases. So, in a way, by doing all of this testing, we make ourselves look bad."

Public-health officials and scientific experts have pointed out that while the US has rapidly expanded its testing and contact-tracing ability, that alone doesn't account for the increase in new cases.

"That states are finding more cases relative to the amount of tests they are conducting provides the strongest rebuttal to the administration's assertion that case numbers are rising because we're getting better at finding cases through increased testing," Jennifer Nuzzo, an epidemiologist at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, wrote in The Washington Post last month.

"They tell us the opposite — that each of these states needs to do even more testing to find infections — followed by more rigorous contact tracing and isolation," Nuzzo added.

As of Friday afternoon, nearly 4.5 million people in the US had been infected with COVID-19 and over 152,000 had died as a result.
He's a moron.

I repeat slogans.

I don't care about frequency. 4 of the last 8 winners were from small countries. THat is the point.

duck615

Unread post

Blackvegetable » 01 Aug 2020, 7:06 am » wrote: What do you find so objectionable, duck?

The **** Dennis the coward spreads daily

Independent

Unread post

Read the papers, the papers

https://youtu.be/CfW-MPUjC_0
Last edited by Independent on 01 Aug 2020, 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

NeoConvict

Unread post

Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
The more asymptomatic positives we find, the less lethal it becomes. The April antibody tests in nyc was showing it was already at 25% of the population infected. Still don't see a problem counting those who died with covid19 as having died from it?
"I WOULD RATHER HAVE QUESTIONS THAT CANNOT BE ANSWERED...
THAN TO HAVE ANSWERS THAT CANNOT BE QUESTIONED"

DennisTheMenace

Unread post

NeoConvict » 01 Aug 2020, 7:08 am » wrote: The more asymptomatic positives we find, the less lethal it becomes. The April antibody tests in nyc was showing it was already at 25% of the population infected. Still don't see a problem counting those who died with covid19 as having died from it?
May Herman Cain Rest In Peace. 

NeoConvict

Unread post

Roll Out
DennisTheMenace » 01 Aug 2020, 7:21 am » wrote: May Herman Cain Rest In Peace. 
Those over 60 or with existing health conditions should avoid crowds and certainly wear a mask.

DennisTheMenace

Unread post

NeoConvict » 01 Aug 2020, 7:25 am » wrote: Those over 60 or with existing health conditions should avoid crowds and certainly wear a mask.
Does that include Trump, he's 74 and obese?

Blackvegetable

Unread post

Antifa
duck615 » 01 Aug 2020, 7:07 am » wrote: The **** Dennis the coward spreads daily
But he's quoting your DoucheFuehrer, Duck...

See the quotation marks?

I repeat slogans.

NeoConvict

Unread post

Roll Out
DennisTheMenace » 01 Aug 2020, 7:29 am » wrote: Does that include Trump, he's 74 and obese?
Obviously. His behavior is reckless. 

duck615

Unread post

Blackvegetable » 01 Aug 2020, 7:29 am » wrote: But he's quoting your DoucheFuehrer, Duck...

See the quotation marks?
sad you ******* take things out of context

Blackvegetable

Unread post

Antifa
duck615 » 01 Aug 2020, 7:33 am » wrote: sad you ******* take things out of context
That's not "out of context"....Grifty is a moron who says incredibly stupid things..

I repeat slogans.

duck615

Unread post

Blackvegetable » 01 Aug 2020, 7:40 am » wrote: That's not "out of context"....Grifty is a moron who says incredibly stupid things..

go suck dennis's dick

Blackvegetable

Unread post

Antifa
duck615 » 01 Aug 2020, 7:41 am » wrote: go suck dennis's dick
Own your moron, Duck..

I repeat slogans.

duck615

Unread post

Blackvegetable » 01 Aug 2020, 7:46 am » wrote: Own your moron, Duck..

Nope, I know you and Dennis are liberal retarded asswipes who hate America

DennisTheMenace

Unread post

Trump doesn't even take the time to read his National Security briefings.

He has "people" to do that for him.  Jared ain't the smartest knife in the drawer. 

He's a fool. 

Last edited by DennisTheMenace on 01 Aug 2020, 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blackvegetable

Unread post

Antifa
duck615 » 01 Aug 2020, 7:51 am » wrote: Nope, I know you and Dennis are liberal retarded asswipes who hate America
Neither of us saddled her with Chaos Monkey..

I repeat slogans.