Mango Unchained Says He Will Ban TikTok In The US Today

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
187 posts
Misty

Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Politics: Liberal

PPE Mask
I guess he'll get around to banning TikTok after he's done playing golf for the 283rd time during his time in office.
President Trump has told reporters he’s planning to ban TikTok from operating in the US.

“As far as TikTok is concerned, we’re banning them from the United States,” Trump told reporters aboard Air Force One on Friday night. 

Bloomberg reports that Trump indicated he’s ready to sign a document to order the ban as early as today, either via an executive order or emergency economic powers.

“I will sign the document tomorrow,” said Trump on Friday night, indicating that a ban could take effect “essentially immediately.”

The threat of a TikTok ban has been lingering since Secretary of State Mike Pompeo mentioned the possibility on July 7th, saying it was “something we’re looking at.”

TikTok is a subsidiary of Beijing-based ByteDance, and critics have called out its privacy practices and potential ties to the Chinese government.

Pompeo also compared TikTok to Huawei and ZTE, two Chinese companies that have been designated as threats to US national security.

TikTok US General Manager Vanessa Pappas thanked the company’s US supporters in a video on Saturday.

“We’ve heard your outpouring of support,” she said, adding “we’re not planning on going anywhere.”

The company will bring 10,000 jobs into the US over the next three years, Pappas said. “We’re here for the long run.”

https://www.theverge.com/2020/8/1/21350 ... ents-order
Methinks this is all about his vindictiveness.
It was a bunch of teenage Tiktok users who trolled the **** out of him and tanked his Tulsa rally and he’s got a very long history of holding grudges.

About ZTE which was mentioned in my source:
Within three days of the Chinese government agreeing to provide $500 million in loans to an Indonesian theme park that the Trump Organization has a deal to license President Donald Trump's name to, the president stunningly ordered sanctions be rescinded against a major Chinese telecom company (ZTE).

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-z ... ect-2018-5
Trump didn't seem to care if ZTE was a threat to national security as long he could benefit financially.
Maybe he will leave TikTok alone if China offers him another bribe.

HEE, HEE, HEE...........

duck615

Unread post

Sad you love tic tock a chinese spy app

thelion

Unread post

Politics: Capitalist

So did He ban it, or was it just bluster to get attention?

skews13

Unread post

Misty » 01 Aug 2020, 2:00 pm » wrote: I guess he'll get around to banning TikTok after he's done playing golf for the 283rd time during his time in office.

It was a bunch of teenage Tiktok users who trolled the **** out of him and tanked his Tulsa rally and he’s got a very long history of holding grudges.

Trump didn't seem to care if ZTE was a threat to national security as long he could benefit financially.

He only has one problem.

He can't do it.

Cedar

Unread post

Cannonpointer's Internet Barrister
Politics: Classical Liberal

You should probably read the war powers of the President.
““15 days to slow the spread” began 140 days ago.”

“If you wear a mask while alone in your car driving down the road, I’m going to assume it’s to keep you from licking the window”

Coolguy10013

Unread post

Politics: Liberal

Misty » 01 Aug 2020, 2:00 pm » wrote: Methinks this is all about his vindictiveness.
Mango Unchained   

I think you're right about that. The rally stunt is what did it. 

Blackvegetable

Unread post

Antifa
Cedar » 01 Aug 2020, 9:35 pm » wrote: You should probably read the war powers of the President.
Huey keeps telling us that Grifty couldn't do anything about Covid "because...the Constitution"..

But it gives him power to shut down an app?

Huey » wrote: I had to lie to do it, but hey, I get to do that for a living.

If that is really him I won’t post for a month.

I repeat slogans.

I don't care about frequency. 4 of the last 8 winners were from small countries. THat is the point.

Don't bother if it is going to be from behind. It could be anyone.

Blackvegetable

Unread post

Antifa
Cedar » 01 Aug 2020, 9:35 pm » wrote: You should probably read the war powers of the President.

Btw, you sig?

**** YOU, YOU **** PIECE OF GARBAGE

I repeat slogans.

I don't care about frequency. 4 of the last 8 winners were from small countries. THat is the point.

DennisTheMenace

Unread post

Politics: Independent

There isn't a single vindictive bone in Trump's feet.

He's clearly the most even-keeled president to ever grace the Oval Office with his presence.

Termin8tor

Unread post

Politics: Conservative

Misty » 01 Aug 2020, 2:00 pm » wrote: I guess he'll get around to banning TikTok after he's done playing golf for the 283rd time during his time in office.

It was Biden who was bribed by China, wackjob.

Not that reality ever gets in the way of your endless lies and smears.

skews13

Unread post

You should probably read Article 1 Section 8 of the Constitution.

duck615

Unread post

Liberals don't understand the Constitution

Huey

Unread post

Politics: Liberacon

Blackvegetable » 02 Aug 2020, 7:09 am » wrote: Huey keeps telling us that Grifty couldn't do anything about Covid "because...the Constitution"..

I’m always on your mind......

And your narrative is off.  But this thread is not the place for this.  And I know you hate that because YOU can’t control the discussion.
“There is No Big There, There”

No further indictments. No instances of obstruction

Alex Vindman-"As the transcript is in the public record, we are aware of what was said"

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/politics/Read-Alexander-Vindmans-Opening-Statement-on-Trumps-Ukraine-Call-564036951.html

Mrkelly

Unread post

Politics: Nationalist

100 million Americans use tiktoc

microsoft is trying to buy it

why is tRump against his own people and free trade?

oh thats right

TikTok trolled the hell out of him at his tulsa rally and made him look like an idiot (again)   LOL LOL LOL

Blackvegetable

Unread post

Antifa
Huey » 02 Aug 2020, 8:41 am » wrote: I’m always on your mind......

And your narrative is off.  But this thread is not the place for this.  And I know you hate that because YOU can’t control the discussion.

No...that would be yapping about me on a forum at which I had yet to arrive..

My reporting is spot on.

Any thread is the place for this....Grifty is asserting the right to ban a **** app.....but you insist that the federal gov. is precluded from taking any steps to stem a pandemic.....because of a document that never once mentions "pandemic"..

Is controlling discussion the reason you paid for PG, and then tossed compliant posts?

**** idiot...

I repeat slogans.

Blackvegetable

Unread post

Antifa
Huey » 02 Aug 2020, 8:41 am » wrote:
Blackvegetable » 02 Aug 2020, 7:09 am » wrote: Huey keeps telling us that Grifty couldn't do anything about Covid "because...the Constitution"..

I’m always on your mind......

You can't hope to make this **** up...

I repeat slogans.

Cedar

Unread post

Blackvegetable » 02 Aug 2020, 7:11 am » wrote: Btw, you sig?

**** YOU, YOU **** PIECE OF GARBAGE
Show us on the dolly where Cedar hurt you.

“If you wear a mask while alone in your car driving down the road, I’m going to assume it’s to keep you from licking the window”

Cedar

Unread post

skews13 » 02 Aug 2020, 7:58 am » wrote: You should probably read Article 1 Section 8 of the Constitution.
Which clause is it that you think supports your idiocy?

Crazytrain

Unread post

Politics: Beer and Popcorn

Mrkelly » 02 Aug 2020, 9:10 am » wrote: 100 million Americans use tiktoc

microsoft is trying to buy it

why is tRump against his own people and free trade?

oh thats right

TikTok trolled the hell out of him at his tulsa rally and made him look like an idiot (again)   LOL LOL LOL

right. 

Crazytrain

Unread post

Politics: Beer and Popcorn

Cedar » 03 Aug 2020, 12:12 am » wrote: Which clause is it that you think supports your idiocy?
You said war powers. So which branch declares war. And when did they declare war?