Is there any way Bidens VP choice doesn't hurt his electability?

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
99 posts
nefarious101

Unread post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4ObPIwOjkQ

NeoConvict

Unread post

Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
Polar1ty » 05 Aug 2020, 8:15 pm » wrote: How would Kamala Harris be "uncharted territory?" She was actually quite popular with the Democratic base until Tulsi Gabbard shredded her.

Likewise, someone like Michelle Obama (not that she's interested, but let's assume she were) would also resonate among Democrats.

I'll need some kind of evidence Warren would be unpopular with blacks. Historically blacks have supported Democrats (since LBJ) with overwhelming majorities. I don't see how Warren would buck this trend.
The fact Warren is white when the expectation has been set for a woman of color. 

"I WOULD RATHER HAVE QUESTIONS THAT CANNOT BE ANSWERED...
THAN TO HAVE ANSWERS THAT CANNOT BE QUESTIONED"

Cannonpointer

Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Politics: Insurrectionist

WhistleSNAP
Misty » 05 Aug 2020, 3:55 pm » wrote: I would vote for Biden if he chose a tree stump as his running mate.
And I would vote for a tree stump over diaper joe.

Accomplishments are helpful, yes - but the critical qualifications for VP are melanin and a vagina.

When your map disputes the territory, it's your map that is wrong.
Hearing much sizzle, expect little steak
Lies are a lazy man's truths
Humanity's law of the jungle is survival of the tribe

Only weak ideas must be protected from debate, and only religions declare people heretics.

Nostalgia is a crime against past and present
You cannot betray me, only yourself, to me

Cannonpointer

Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
NeoConvict » 05 Aug 2020, 8:39 pm » wrote: The fact Warren is white when the expectation has been set for a woman of color.

She would be culturally appropriating the office.  
Accomplishments are helpful, yes - but the critical qualifications for VP are melanin and a vagina.

Only weak ideas must be protected from debate, and only religions declare people heretics.

nuckin futz

Unread post

Politics: Independent

HillaryClinton » 05 Aug 2020, 3:50 pm » wrote: Does she HAVE to be black?
Are you here just to scare Cyndi?      

Slavery is the fiction that people are property
Corporate personhood is the fiction that corporations are people

Pengwin

Unread post

Politics: Liberal

Most are so disgusted by Trump at this point Biden could pick Ficus Tree, and he'd still win.

Cannonpointer

Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
Pengwin » 05 Aug 2020, 9:51 pm » wrote: Most are so disgusted by Trump at this point Biden could pick Ficus Tree, and he'd still win.
Or so MSM victims are led to believe.

The voters are no more disgusted with their monkey wrench than they were the first time they threw him in the draw works. For most, it was never about his qualifications.

Better hitler than blum.

sooted up Cyndi

Unread post

Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece
Politics: Independent

ROFL
nuckinfutz » 05 Aug 2020, 9:31 pm » wrote: Are you here just to scare Cyndi?    
Where? where is Hillary. OMG I'm ill.  

Cannonpointer

Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
sootedupCyndi » 05 Aug 2020, 11:59 pm » wrote: Where? where is Hillary. OMG I'm ill.

Shes just nosing around, looking to see whether biden is willing to consider a white broad.

Pengwin

Unread post

Cannonpointer » 05 Aug 2020, 11:53 pm » wrote: Or so MSM victims are led to believe.
Get with reality, not the echo chamber that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy, Princess.

Professor Allan Lichtman, who has accurately predicted elections since 1984, says Biden will win

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 304680001/

The economy matters, optics matter, and 35 million without jobs and 200,000 dead of Covid-19 on election day matter.

Here, have a puppy, you'll need it...

Cannonpointer

Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
Pengwin » 06 Aug 2020, 12:20 am » wrote: Get with reality, not the echo chamber that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy, Princess.

Professor Allan Lichtman, who has accurately predicted elections since 1984, says Biden will win

My Aunt Lucinda has picked every president since Kennedy - and I have voted for every winner since I started voting.

Your lips and my balls just collided - and your lips took the brunt of it.

Polar1ty

Unread post

NeoConvict » 05 Aug 2020, 8:39 pm » wrote: The fact Warren is white when the expectation has been set for a woman of color.
You're underestimating their contempt for Trump.

He could pick **** Jeb Bush and they would still vote for Biden. You already see the evidence in the responses in this thread.

Annoyed Liberall

Unread post

Hot Little Twist
Hot Little Twist
Politics: Classical Liberal

I think Kamala Harris is well qualified.
Too bad she is so 'ambitious'.

NeoConvict

Unread post

Roll Out
Polar1ty » 06 Aug 2020, 3:06 am » wrote: You're underestimating their contempt for Trump.

He could pick **** Jeb Bush and they would still vote for Biden. You already see the evidence in the responses in this thread.
Participants in political debate forums are outliers. Many liberals would vote for a Biden/Bolton ticket if it means getting rid of the mango Mussolini. I think Biden will have issues exciting the social justice warrior Bernie Bros and would lose enthusiasm from the black community if his VP wasn't a person of color. 

Annoyed Liberall

Unread post

Hot Little Twist
Hot Little Twist

NeoConvict » 06 Aug 2020, 7:09 am » wrote: Participants in political debate forums are outliers. Many liberals would vote for a Biden/Bolton ticket if it means getting rid of the mango Mussolini. I think Biden will have issues exciting the social justice warrior Bernie Bros and would lose enthusiasm from the black community if his VP wasn't a person of color. 

But Warren has tried so hard to be a person of color!

NeoConvict

Unread post

Roll Out
AnnoyedLiberall » 06 Aug 2020, 7:12 am » wrote: But Warren has tried so hard to be a person of color!
She and Rachel Dolezal should start a support group or a fan club!   

Huey

Unread post

Politics: Liberacon

AnnoyedLiberall » 06 Aug 2020, 7:06 am » wrote: I think Kamala Harris is well qualified.
Too bad she is so 'ambitious'.

Some of the worry about her is her record as a prosecutor and the fact she was did not "progressive" law changes.  Some have labeled her a regressive prosecutor.  She also did support some police reform like state regulation of body camera's on police.  In today's environment her record as prosecutor could be a big problem.

In 2015, she opposed a bill requiring her office to investigate shootings involving officers. And she refused to support statewide standards regulating the use of body-worn cameras by police officers. For this, she incurred criticism from an array of left-leaning reformers, including Democratic state senators, the A.C.L.U. and San Francisco’s elected public defender. The activist Phelicia Jones, who had supported Ms. Harris for years, asked, “How many more people need to die before she steps in?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/17/opin ... stice.html
no, you haven't proven that by assertion. Unless you can show your mention prior to my post of Feb 8, you lose..

Hey BV, did Jan 24th 2020 come before or after Feb 8th 2020?

Annoyed Liberall

Unread post

Hot Little Twist
Hot Little Twist

Huey » 06 Aug 2020, 7:27 am » wrote: Some of the worry about her is her record as a prosecutor and the fact she was did not "progressive" law changes.  Some have labeled her a regressive prosecutor.  She also did support some police reform like state regulation of body camera's on police.  In today's environment her record as prosecutor could be a big problem.

In 2015, she opposed a bill requiring her office to investigate shootings involving officers. And she refused to support statewide standards regulating the use of body-worn cameras by police officers. For this, she incurred criticism from an array of left-leaning reformers, including Democratic state senators, the A.C.L.U. and San Francisco’s elected public defender. The activist Phelicia Jones, who had supported Ms. Harris for years, asked, “How many more people need to die before she steps in?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/17/opin ... stice.html
My SIL was a big fan of hers when she was running for president.
I told him to check her record as a prosecutor.
She jailed a lot of young black men.

Pengwin

Unread post

Cannonpointer » 06 Aug 2020, 12:29 am » wrote: My Aunt Lucinda has picked every president since Kennedy - and I have voted for every winner since I started voting.

Your lips and my balls just collided - and your lips took the brunt of it.

Even if I did *** you way too big a *** for my taste.  You make Richard Simmons look like John Wayne.