Tom Seaver murdered at 75 by the #TrumpSwampScumVirus @FoxNews preaching to REOPEN our economy. @ABC @CBS @NBC @CNN @PBS

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
100 posts
nuckin futz

Share      Unread post

Politics: Independent

Seaver was one of the pitching greats of the time, you had Sandy Koufax, Bob Gibson, Juan Marichal, but the guy who had the most electric stuff of all was Dwight Gooden!l

Slavery is the fiction that people are property
Corporate personhood is the fiction that corporations are people

Coolguy10013

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberal

nuckinfutz » 03 Sep 2020, 7:46 pm » wrote: Seaver was one of the pitching greats of the time, you had Sandy Koufax, Bob Gibson, Juan Marichal, but the guy who had the most electric stuff of all was Dwight Gooden!l

Yes, Seaver was a great pitcher and yes Dwight Gooden!

When I "dismiss" you it only means that I have determined that further discussion is useless or counter-productive. Don't take it personally. Go ahead and have your last word...and move on.

Stephen Hawking said 'people who boast about their IQ are losers'

Misty

Share      Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

PPE Mask
NeoConvict » 03 Sep 2020, 5:39 pm » wrote: 9k died from Covid-19. What were his comorbidities?
You are embarrassing yourself by spouting that **** all over the forum.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/cdc-m ... tatistics/
#StopTheSteal = #StartTheGrift

Pengwin

Share      Unread post

supraTruth » 03 Sep 2020, 4:14 pm » wrote: Murdered at 75 by the #TrumpSwampScumVirus @FoxNews preaching to REOPEN our economy in the middle of a pandemic, along with 187K other Americans in only 6 months 

https://i.postimg.cc/mgn2BVz5/1599150785206.jpg

May I ask a favor, ST?  Can we please get the drama out of your titles?

My eyes are old - it hurts them.

Allota Bologna

Share      Unread post

supraTruth » 03 Sep 2020, 4:14 pm » wrote: Murdered at 75 by the #TrumpSwampScumVirus @FoxNews preaching to REOPEN our economy in the middle of a pandemic, along with 187K other Americans in only 6 months 

https://i.postimg.cc/mgn2BVz5/1599150785206.jpg

Why don't you tell the community here how Cuomo murdered over 10,000 Grandma's and Grandpa's.

WHERE IS YOUR RAGE ON THAT FACT!

Zeets2

Share      Unread post

Politics: Conservative

supraTruth » 03 Sep 2020, 6:49 pm » wrote: It is u Trump Swamp Scum who show NO integrity, & the majority of REAL Americans are done with it come this November.
Grasping at such weak straws like you do reveals the fact that you find it so totally impossible to promote the superiority of your favorite candidate who has proven himself to be so inept with dementia that he can barely string two sentences together.  Remember fool, you can't beat something with nothing, and Biden is unquestionably the biggest nothing that Democrats have ever nominated. 

Better wear your galoshes on debate night because it's going to be a bloodbath, and Biden will need a transfusion before he's able to walk off the stage!

Neo

Share      Unread post

Roll Out
Misty » 03 Sep 2020, 10:15 pm » wrote: You are embarrassing yourself by spouting that **** all over the forum.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/cdc-m ... tatistics/
Snopes? Really? 

Come on man, no need to be a dog faced pony soldier!

Only 9k of the 180k people who died had no significant comorbidities, that is a fact. The average age of covid19 victims is 80 and the average number of significant comorbidities is 2.6. As contagious as this thing is, and as often as it presents asymptomatically, there is indeed a question of how many died with covid19 rather than from it. Not saying that all 170,000 who died with covid19 who had significant health problems would still be dead today from other health problems, but that is a fact in a large number of the cases.

Snopes set up a strawman and then calls it false. No one is saying that covid19 wasn't a factor in some of the 170k deaths, sometimes a significant one. Just as you can't say that it was a significant factor in those with deadly comorbidities and advanced age.

"I WOULD RATHER HAVE QUESTIONS THAT CANNOT BE ANSWERED...
THAN TO HAVE ANSWERS THAT CANNOT BE QUESTIONED"

Huey

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberacon

Rock » 03 Sep 2020, 6:31 pm » wrote: You left out your condemnation of Supra's lie about Tom. You're a New Yorker right? I'm old enough to remember the Miracle Mets. Show you care.

I am a New Yorker (was, but it never leaves) and I lived that era.  I have vague memories of 69 but really remember 73, Tug McGraw (for the younguns that would be Tim McGraw's dad), the slogan You Gotta Believe  and the loss to the A's was devastating. 
no, you haven't proven that by assertion. Unless you can show your mention prior to my post of Feb 8, you lose..

Hey BV, did Jan 24th 2020 come before or after Feb 8th 2020?

Rock

Share      Unread post

Huey » 04 Sep 2020, 6:54 am » wrote: I am a New Yorker (was, but it never leaves) and I lived that era.  I have vague memories of 69 but really remember 73, Tug McGraw (for the younguns that would be Tim McGraw's dad), the slogan You Gotta Believe  and the loss to the A's was devastating.

I remember that too. The Mets played my Reds in the NLCS. That was when Pete Rose and Bud Harrelson got in a huge fight. I was devastated when the Reds lost that series.

Ike Bana

Share      Unread post

Racetex(RSIG) » 03 Sep 2020, 5:57 pm » wrote: One would think a person with Lewy body dementia should have worn a mask or stayed the **** home.
One would think someone like you would be kept locked in your padded room.

Huey

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberacon

Rock » 04 Sep 2020, 11:16 am » wrote: I remember that too. The Mets played my Reds in the NLCS. That was when Pete Rose and Bud Harrelson got in a huge fight. I was devastated when the Reds lost that series.

That is why I hated Pete Rose.  After that when the poor guy would play at Shea they would pour beer on him, throw things at him etc.  Bud was loved by the fans.  Although when Pete was in the middle of his Consecutive game hitting streak I was at Shea when he tied the National League record.  He got a standing O.  We begged dad to take us the next night.  He broke the national league record and go another standing O.  

I like Pete now and think he needs to be in the hall.  Not like he took steroids.  
no, you haven't proven that by assertion. Unless you can show your mention prior to my post of Feb 8, you lose..

Hey BV, did Jan 24th 2020 come before or after Feb 8th 2020?

Ike Bana

Share      Unread post

NeoConvict » 04 Sep 2020, 6:49 am » wrote: Only 9k of the 180k people who died had no significant comorbidities, that is a fact. 
It's not a fact, but who cares when we all know that if they all had not contracted the covid-19 almost every one of them would still be alive today.

Neo

Share      Unread post

Roll Out
IkeBana » 04 Sep 2020, 11:22 am » wrote: It's not a fact, but who cares when we all know that if they all had not contracted the covid-19 almost every one of them would still be alive today.
Now that is not a fact, it's an unknown and obviously false. We do not know how many would have died on the same timeline had they not been covid19 positive. Covid19 is asymptomatic 40-80% of the time so it may have not contributed to most of these deaths. At all.

RollingRock

Share      Unread post

Liberals Only Moderator
Liberals Only Moderator
Politics: Progressive

BeerDemocratic Party 1Black Lives MatterUSA
NeoConvict » 03 Sep 2020, 5:39 pm » wrote: 9k died from Covid-19. What were his comorbidities?
At least 185,000+ Americans have died from Covid-19, although the number is likely higher (as many have died in their homes and were never tested).  

Neo

Share      Unread post

Roll Out
RollingRock » 04 Sep 2020, 11:25 am » wrote: At least 185,000+ Americans have died from Covid-19, although the number is likely higher (as many have died in their homes and were never tested).
You have it backwards. 170k tested positive after death. Covid19 is mild or asymptomatic 99.5% of the time. It's unknown if Covid19 was a factor in 170k deaths. As it's asymptomatic 40-80% of the time we are over counting by that percentage. 

Racetex (RSIG)

Share      Unread post

IkeBana » 04 Sep 2020, 11:19 am » wrote: One would think someone like you would be kept locked in your padded room.

Why is that, cause I think differently than u do? Can't lock this cat up! 

Ike Bana

Share      Unread post

NeoConvict » 04 Sep 2020, 11:24 am » wrote: We do not know how many would have died on the same timeline had they not been covid19 positive. 
Oh come on...we know how diabetes, heart disease, cancer, and auto-immune conditions work.  These people with other health issues would not have all died in the same six month period.  But since you say there's no way to know how many would or would not have died...you have no argument either.

RollingRock

Share      Unread post

Liberals Only Moderator
Liberals Only Moderator

NeoConvict » 04 Sep 2020, 11:28 am » wrote: You have it backwards. 170k tested positive after death. Covid19 is mild or asymptomatic 99.5% of the time. It's unknown if Covid19 was a factor in 170k deaths. As it's asymptomatic 40-80% of the time we are over counting by that percentage.
Well, I'm going with what people I work with are saying.  That's where I get a lot of information regarding Covid.  Between the 5 doctors, they have 11 medical degrees (includng 3 in infectious disease) as well as 110 combined years of experience practicing medicine.  You'll have to excuse me if I take their word over yours. 

Neo

Share      Unread post

Roll Out
RollingRock » 04 Sep 2020, 12:15 pm » wrote: Well, I'm going with what people I work with are saying.  That's where I get a lot of information regarding Covid.  Between the 5 doctors, they have 11 medical degrees (includng 3 in infectious disease) as well as 110 combined years of experience practicing medicine.  You'll have to excuse me if I take their word over yours.
They agree with me. If they don't, they are logically wrong. 

RollingRock

Share      Unread post

Liberals Only Moderator
Liberals Only Moderator

NeoConvict » 04 Sep 2020, 12:29 pm » wrote: They agree with me. If they don't, they are logically wrong.
   No, they don't agree with you.  Their "logic" has over a century of experience. 

Last edited by RollingRock on 04 Sep 2020, 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.