NFL Football Is Back More Popular Than Ever, Revenue Up Double Digits

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
42 posts
skews13

Unread post

Football is back, and football still sells.
 It sells because it gathers eyeballs and rating points like nothing else. On Thursday night, it will gather many millions around TV sets and the other devices through which Americans currently watch the country’s most popular sport.As a result, advertisers are paying to attached their goods and services to the game.“Tonight’s NFL Kickoff game is sold out, with revenue up double digits vs. 2019 and the average cost per 30-second spot near $900,000,” an NBC spokesperson said on Thursday.
 That’s good news for the networks and for the league. It means that money will be made this season (economic struggles notwithstanding), and it means that the NFL will be able to generate the kind of payments it’s seeking in the next round of negotiations from all networks.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... over-2019/

Today, Sunday 9/13, every game has held racial unity ceremonies. All players are wearing something on the uniforms or helmets designating something, or someone dedicated to the theme.

That sound you hear is the collective ARGH! of every white racist redneck in America, seeing even the NFL moving on with the rest of the world, leaving them behind.

The only thing those losers have left is riding their Harley's to gun shows, wearing Depends underwear, so nobody sees the piss stains on their flex jeans.

omh

Unread post

propaganda.
when your reality won't explain real completely, you joined a socially corrupt intellectual mind that won't tolerate you using your own brain.

Independent

Unread post

NFL engaging in a little blacksploitation?

It’s almost like the 60s.

simple jack

Unread post

Thanks to Kapernick!

Funny how my avatar turned out 100% spot on..

Cannonpointer

Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Politics: Insurrectionist

WhistleSNAP
Independent » 13 Sep 2020, 10:53 pm » wrote: NFL engaging in a little blacksploitation?

Hey, it's ebony and ivory, hand in hand - absolute racial harmony in the NFL.

Yes, all seven of the white NFL players have avowed that they are totally cool with ******, and no one made them do it. They WANT to do it. As would I. As would you.

Day da ony oatmeal in a hole bole a raisins!

Accomplishments are helpful, yes - but the critical qualifications for VP are melanin and a vagina.

When your map disputes the territory, it's your map that is wrong.
Hearing much sizzle, expect little steak
Lies are a lazy man's truths
Humanity's law of the jungle is survival of the tribe

Only weak ideas must be protected from debate, and only religions declare people heretics.

Nostalgia is a crime against past and present
You cannot betray me, only yourself, to me

DennisTheMenace

Unread post

Politics: Independent

Black lives matter. 70% of the NFL is black, mostly at "skill" positions.

You have your big fat white uglies on the "O" and "D" line.

Blacks are less than 15% of the US population, why do they have 70% of NFL players?

Maybe, because they are superior athletes? Genetics matter, look at the NBA.

Granted, there is the odd "Larry Bird" type white boy every quarter century or so.

He's the exception, not the rule.

duck615

Unread post

The NFL is going broke...

Pastafarian

Unread post

Politics: Progressive

duck615 » 14 Sep 2020, 7:00 am » wrote: The NFL is going broke...
You wish. 

Blackvegetable

Unread post

Antifa
Independent » 13 Sep 2020, 10:53 pm » wrote: NFL engaging in a little blacksploitation?

Do elaborate on that bit of idiocy, I...
Huey » wrote:
I had to lie to do it, but hey, I get to do that for a living.

I repeat slogans.

I don't care about frequency. 4 of the last 8 winners were from small countries. THat is the point.

Don't bother if it is going to be from behind. It could be anyone.

Your context is irrelevant.

Blackvegetable

Unread post

Antifa
duck615 » 14 Sep 2020, 7:00 am » wrote: The NFL is going broke...
prove it.

Huey » wrote:

I repeat slogans.

I don't care about frequency. 4 of the last 8 winners were from small countries. THat is the point.

duck615

Unread post

revenue down and dropping everyday

Blackvegetable

Unread post

Antifa
duck615 » 14 Sep 2020, 7:21 am » wrote: revenue down and dropping everyday
You're a **** idiot.
Huey » wrote:

I repeat slogans.

omh

Unread post

when a person defines who they are by statistically averaged facts designed to fool everyone wishing life weren't what remains in plain sight calls another acting the same way using same vocabulary while members of the same species parallel evolving in series of ancestral displacement from now on. who among the we has an honest idea in their institutionized for generations mind?
when your reality won't explain real completely, you joined a socially corrupt intellectual mind that won't tolerate you using your own brain.

NeoConvict

Unread post

Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
DennisTheMenace » 14 Sep 2020, 6:57 am » wrote: Black lives matter. 70% of the NFL is black, mostly at "skill" positions.

You have your big fat white uglies on the "O" and "D" line.

Blacks are less than 15% of the US population, why do they have 70% of NFL players?

Maybe, because they are superior athletes? Genetics matter, look at the NBA.

Granted, there is the odd "Larry Bird" type white boy every quarter century or so.

He's the exception, not the rule.
Tell me again about how blacks are oppressed. Guess they should fight for racial equality in sports by only having 6% of the players black males.

"I WOULD RATHER HAVE QUESTIONS THAT CANNOT BE ANSWERED...
THAN TO HAVE ANSWERS THAT CANNOT BE QUESTIONED"

Pastafarian

Unread post

NeoConvict » 14 Sep 2020, 9:03 am » wrote: Tell me again about how blacks are oppressed. Guess they should fight for racial equality in sports by only having 6% of the players black males.

This hyperbolic Cracker thinks black football players have it so great. He forgets about life after football and the chronic pain they endure so his Cracker *** can be amused. 

Your stupid picture that you keep posting is **** white supremacist propaganda. 

NeoConvict

Unread post

Roll Out
Pastafarian » 14 Sep 2020, 11:41 am » wrote: This hyperbolic Cracker thinks black football players have it so great. He forgets about life after football and the chronic pain they endure so his Cracker *** can be amused. 

Your stupid picture that you keep posting is **** white supremacist propaganda.
Pain that I am sure millions of dollars would help assuage. I see people breaking their asses in jobs more physically challenging making far less money. 

Pastafarian

Unread post

NeoConvict » 14 Sep 2020, 11:43 am » wrote: Pain that I am sure millions of dollars would help assuage. I see people breaking their asses in jobs more physically challenging making far less money.
More physically challenging?  Like what? Fighting bears? You one stupid Cracker. 

Phoenix68.2.0

Unread post

Politics: Liberal

simplejack » 13 Sep 2020, 11:00 pm » wrote: Thanks to Kapernick!

.....And, before HIM.....

The Rooney Rule

NeoConvict

Unread post

Roll Out
Pastafarian » 14 Sep 2020, 11:47 am » wrote: More physically challenging?  Like what? Fighting bears? You one stupid Cracker.
By bears you are talking about lumberjack looking gay men, right?

Pole dancers go out every night, risk significant bodily injuries, perform routines that are every bit as punishing as many positions in a professional NFL game. They don't get millions. NFL does have some pretty gruesome impacts on players but blacks also dominate the NBA. Any construction worker, dock worker, pretty much anyone in a blue collar occupation risks far more damage to themselves than an NBA player.

When are we going to demand equal race representation in sports?