The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
16 posts
Cannonpointer

Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Politics: Insurrectionist

WhistleSNAP
I'm in Season 2 - anyone else watching this thing?

It's **** amazing. It's got Shaloub, which is always a plus. But it has more. It's got zing.

Who else is loving this silly series?

Accomplishments are helpful, yes - but the critical qualifications for VP are melanin and a vagina.

When your map disputes the territory, it's your map that is wrong.
Hearing much sizzle, expect little steak
Lies are a lazy man's truths
Humanity's law of the jungle is survival of the tribe

Only weak ideas must be protected from debate, and only religions declare people heretics.

Nostalgia is a crime against past and present
You cannot betray me, only yourself, to me

Pastafarian

Unread post

Politics: Progressive

Thanks for the info. Was thinking about it now I’ll watch it.

Raised by Wolves on HBO and The Boys are what I’m watching. Both are good.

Last edited by Pastafarian on 16 Sep 2020, 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Annoyed Liberall

Unread post

Hot Little Twist
Hot Little Twist
Politics: Classical Liberal

I have heard really good things.
Now that I am home from the lake, I will start a couple new series.

NeoConvict

Unread post

Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
Cannonpointer » 16 Sep 2020, 3:51 am » wrote: I'm in Season 2 - anyone else watching this thing?

It's **** amazing. It's got Shaloub, which is always a plus. But it has more. It's got zing.

Loved it. Binge watched every available episode this summer. Almost didn't because I am generally soured on the whole female empowerment movement but this series won me over. No pandering, no obvious agenda like say the all female ghost busters. It's a quality show!

"I WOULD RATHER HAVE QUESTIONS THAT CANNOT BE ANSWERED...
THAN TO HAVE ANSWERS THAT CANNOT BE QUESTIONED"

Rock

Unread post

Cannonpointer » 16 Sep 2020, 3:51 am » wrote: I'm in Season 2 - anyone else watching this thing?

I watched most of the first season but didn't think it was that good (except for her boobs). My wife liked it a lot though. I know it was generally praised but I just didn't get it. 

Cannonpointer

Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
NeoConvict » 16 Sep 2020, 8:41 am » wrote: Loved it. Binge watched every available episode this summer. Almost didn't because I am generally soured on the whole female empowerment movement but this series won me over. No pandering, no obvious agenda like say the all female ghost busters. It's a quality show!

Yeah, I also have a low tolerance for "hidden" agendas. None here - just the craft.
Accomplishments are helpful, yes - but the critical qualifications for VP are melanin and a vagina.

Only weak ideas must be protected from debate, and only religions declare people heretics.

NeoConvict

Unread post

Roll Out
Cannonpointer » 16 Sep 2020, 12:00 pm » wrote: Yeah, I also have a low tolerance for "hidden" agendas. None here - just the craft.
I went into it expecting to see the girl power message that has been forced into so many entertainment offerings these days but was pleasantly surprised. Well made series, some honest laughs. No poorly hidden agenda, just a decent show.

Cannonpointer

Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
NeoConvict » 16 Sep 2020, 12:07 pm » wrote: I went into it expecting to see the girl power message that has been forced into so many entertainment offerings these days but was pleasantly surprised. Well made series, some honest laughs. No poorly hidden agenda, just a decent show.

That's my take as well - and everyone keeps his humanity, even the schmucks.

NeoConvict

Unread post

Roll Out
Rock » 16 Sep 2020, 9:03 am » wrote: I watched most of the first season but didn't think it was that good (except for her boobs). My wife liked it a lot though. I know it was generally praised but I just didn't get it.
This is one that gets better as it goes. Season one had to establish the characters and unusual family dynamics. While I liked the first season, it doesn't start to really shine until later on. 

Pengwin

Unread post

Politics: Liberal

Rock

Unread post

NeoConvict » 16 Sep 2020, 12:09 pm » wrote: This is one that gets better as it goes. Season one had to establish the characters and unusual family dynamics. While I liked the first season, it doesn't start to really shine until later on.

Well maybe I'll give it another shot.

Crazytrain

Unread post

Politics: Beer and Popcorn

I don't watch t.v. series. I'm watching the final few episodes of the trump presidency.

Rock

Unread post

Crazytrain » 16 Sep 2020, 2:59 pm » wrote: I don't watch t.v. series. I'm watching the final few episodes of the trump presidency.

I hear that's a really long series. Someone said it still has almost four and a half years to go.

Crazytrain

Unread post

Politics: Beer and Popcorn

Rock » 16 Sep 2020, 6:00 pm » wrote: I hear that's a really long series. Someone said it still has almost four and a half years to go.
The apprentice president is about to get fired. 

Al Donal

Unread post

Politics: Republican

I loved Season 1. Somehow I got hooked on a series from the 70’s called Tales of the Unexpected on Amazon Prime. It’s the ****. 

Cannonpointer

Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
AlDonal » 17 Sep 2020, 1:02 am » wrote: I loved Season 1. Somehow I got hooked on a series from the 70’s called Tales of the Unexpected on Amazon Prime. It’s the ****.
I vaguely remember that series. Being the seventies, it must have been shot in color - but my memory of it is in black and white. Lol.