The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
16 posts
User avatar
Cannonpointer

Unread post

User avatar
98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Posts: 101,495
Politics: Insurrectionist
Location: Your sister's bedroom

WhistleSNAP
I'm in Season 2 - anyone else watching this thing?

It's **** amazing. It's got Shaloub, which is always a plus. But it has more. It's got zing.

Who else is loving this silly series?
 
Log in or Register to remove ads

Accomplishments are helpful, yes - but the critical qualifications for VP are melanin and a vagina.

When your map disputes the territory, it's your map that is wrong.
Hearing much sizzle, expect little steak
Lies are a lazy man's truths
Humanity's law of the jungle is survival of the tribe

Only weak ideas must be protected from debate, and only religions declare people heretics.

Nostalgia is a crime against past and present
You cannot betray me, only yourself, to me

Pastafarian

Unread post

   
   
Posts: 579
Politics: Progressive

Thanks for the info. Was thinking about it now I’ll watch it.

Raised by Wolves on HBO and The Boys are what I’m watching. Both are good.
 
Last edited by Pastafarian on 16 Sep 2020, 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Annoyed Liberall

Unread post

User avatar
Hot Little Twist
Hot Little Twist
Posts: 14,344
Politics: Classical Liberal

I have heard really good things.
Now that I am home from the lake, I will start a couple new series.

User avatar
NeoConvict

Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 26,543
Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
Cannonpointer » 16 Sep 2020, 3:51 am » wrote: I'm in Season 2 - anyone else watching this thing?

It's **** amazing. It's got Shaloub, which is always a plus. But it has more. It's got zing.

Who else is loving this silly series?
Loved it. Binge watched every available episode this summer. Almost didn't because I am generally soured on the whole female empowerment movement but this series won me over. No pandering, no obvious agenda like say the all female ghost busters. It's a quality show!
 
"I WOULD RATHER HAVE QUESTIONS THAT CANNOT BE ANSWERED...
THAN TO HAVE ANSWERS THAT CANNOT BE QUESTIONED"






User avatar
Rock

Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 6,470
Politics: Conservative

Cannonpointer » 16 Sep 2020, 3:51 am » wrote: I'm in Season 2 - anyone else watching this thing?

It's **** amazing. It's got Shaloub, which is always a plus. But it has more. It's got zing.

Who else is loving this silly series?

I watched most of the first season but didn't think it was that good (except for her boobs). My wife liked it a lot though. I know it was generally praised but I just didn't get it. 

User avatar
Cannonpointer

Unread post

User avatar
98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Posts: 101,495
Politics: Insurrectionist
Location: Your sister's bedroom

WhistleSNAP
NeoConvict » 16 Sep 2020, 8:41 am » wrote: Loved it. Binge watched every available episode this summer. Almost didn't because I am generally soured on the whole female empowerment movement but this series won me over. No pandering, no obvious agenda like say the all female ghost busters. It's a quality show!

Yeah, I also have a low tolerance for "hidden" agendas. None here - just the craft.
Accomplishments are helpful, yes - but the critical qualifications for VP are melanin and a vagina.

When your map disputes the territory, it's your map that is wrong.
Hearing much sizzle, expect little steak
Lies are a lazy man's truths
Humanity's law of the jungle is survival of the tribe

Only weak ideas must be protected from debate, and only religions declare people heretics.

Nostalgia is a crime against past and present
You cannot betray me, only yourself, to me

User avatar
NeoConvict

Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 26,543
Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
Cannonpointer » 16 Sep 2020, 12:00 pm » wrote: Yeah, I also have a low tolerance for "hidden" agendas. None here - just the craft.
I went into it expecting to see the girl power message that has been forced into so many entertainment offerings these days but was pleasantly surprised. Well made series, some honest laughs. No poorly hidden agenda, just a decent show.
 
"I WOULD RATHER HAVE QUESTIONS THAT CANNOT BE ANSWERED...
THAN TO HAVE ANSWERS THAT CANNOT BE QUESTIONED"






User avatar
Cannonpointer

Unread post

User avatar
98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Posts: 101,495
Politics: Insurrectionist
Location: Your sister's bedroom

WhistleSNAP
NeoConvict » 16 Sep 2020, 12:07 pm » wrote: I went into it expecting to see the girl power message that has been forced into so many entertainment offerings these days but was pleasantly surprised. Well made series, some honest laughs. No poorly hidden agenda, just a decent show.

That's my take as well - and everyone keeps his humanity, even the schmucks.
Accomplishments are helpful, yes - but the critical qualifications for VP are melanin and a vagina.

When your map disputes the territory, it's your map that is wrong.
Hearing much sizzle, expect little steak
Lies are a lazy man's truths
Humanity's law of the jungle is survival of the tribe

Only weak ideas must be protected from debate, and only religions declare people heretics.

Nostalgia is a crime against past and present
You cannot betray me, only yourself, to me

User avatar
NeoConvict

Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 26,543
Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
Rock » 16 Sep 2020, 9:03 am » wrote: I watched most of the first season but didn't think it was that good (except for her boobs). My wife liked it a lot though. I know it was generally praised but I just didn't get it.
This is one that gets better as it goes. Season one had to establish the characters and unusual family dynamics. While I liked the first season, it doesn't start to really shine until later on. 
 
"I WOULD RATHER HAVE QUESTIONS THAT CANNOT BE ANSWERED...
THAN TO HAVE ANSWERS THAT CANNOT BE QUESTIONED"






User avatar
Pengwin

Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 3,552
Politics: Liberal


User avatar
Rock

Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 6,470
Politics: Conservative

NeoConvict » 16 Sep 2020, 12:09 pm » wrote: This is one that gets better as it goes. Season one had to establish the characters and unusual family dynamics. While I liked the first season, it doesn't start to really shine until later on.

Well maybe I'll give it another shot.

Crazytrain

Unread post

     
     
Posts: 4,340
Politics: Beer and Popcorn

I don't watch t.v. series. I'm watching the final few episodes of the trump presidency.

User avatar
Rock

Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 6,470
Politics: Conservative

Crazytrain » 16 Sep 2020, 2:59 pm » wrote: I don't watch t.v. series. I'm watching the final few episodes of the trump presidency.

I hear that's a really long series. Someone said it still has almost four and a half years to go.

Crazytrain

Unread post

     
     
Posts: 4,340
Politics: Beer and Popcorn

Rock » 16 Sep 2020, 6:00 pm » wrote: I hear that's a really long series. Someone said it still has almost four and a half years to go.
The apprentice president is about to get fired. 

User avatar
Al Donal

Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 1,865
Politics: Republican

Cannonpointer » 16 Sep 2020, 3:51 am » wrote: I'm in Season 2 - anyone else watching this thing?

It's **** amazing. It's got Shaloub, which is always a plus. But it has more. It's got zing.

Who else is loving this silly series?
I loved Season 1. Somehow I got hooked on a series from the 70’s called Tales of the Unexpected on Amazon Prime. It’s the ****. 

User avatar
Cannonpointer

Unread post

User avatar
98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Posts: 101,495
Politics: Insurrectionist
Location: Your sister's bedroom

WhistleSNAP
AlDonal » 17 Sep 2020, 1:02 am » wrote: I loved Season 1. Somehow I got hooked on a series from the 70’s called Tales of the Unexpected on Amazon Prime. It’s the ****.
I vaguely remember that series. Being the seventies, it must have been shot in color - but my memory of it is in black and white. Lol.
Accomplishments are helpful, yes - but the critical qualifications for VP are melanin and a vagina.

When your map disputes the territory, it's your map that is wrong.
Hearing much sizzle, expect little steak
Lies are a lazy man's truths
Humanity's law of the jungle is survival of the tribe

Only weak ideas must be protected from debate, and only religions declare people heretics.

Nostalgia is a crime against past and present
You cannot betray me, only yourself, to me

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Al Donal, Alexa [Bot], Anti-republiKlan, Arris, Bill Gates [Bot], Buffalo, Cannonpointer, Cedar, Crazytrain, Delta, Google [Bot], Ike Bana, JeanMoulin, Majestic-12 [Bot], nefarious101, neue regel, OdeToJoy, omh, PaperLi [Bot], Semrush [Bot], SJConspirator, skews13, slideman, Spy Car, Steve Jobs [Bot], Taipan, Termin8tor, Twitter [Bot], Vegas, WillFranklin, Yandex [Bot], Zeets2 and 666 guests


Log in or Register to remove ads