Scientific American magazine endorses a presidential candidate for the first time in it's 175-year history

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
82 posts
omh

Unread post

whatever the deniers interpret it as.

when your reality won't explain real completely, you joined a socially corrupt intellectual mind that won't tolerate you using your own brain.

NeoConvict

Unread post

Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
Link to the millenias old practice of selective animal and livestock breeding? I  give you the chihuahua. 

"I WOULD RATHER HAVE QUESTIONS THAT CANNOT BE ANSWERED...
THAN TO HAVE ANSWERS THAT CANNOT BE QUESTIONED"

Crazytrain

Unread post

Politics: Beer and Popcorn

Beer
Every smart american is voting for Biden.

Blackvegetable

Unread post

Antifa
NeoConvict » 16 Sep 2020, 12:12 pm » wrote: Link to the millenias old practice of selective animal and livestock breeding? I  give you the chihuahua. 

So less science than surmise...
Huey » wrote:
I had to lie to do it, but hey, I get to do that for a living.

I repeat slogans.

I don't care about frequency. 4 of the last 8 winners were from small countries. THat is the point.

Don't bother if it is going to be from behind. It could be anyone.

Your context is irrelevant.

NeoConvict

Unread post

Roll Out
Blackvegetable » 16 Sep 2020, 12:15 pm » wrote: So less science than surmise...
**** observation, unless you want to claim chattel slaves were selectively bred for their intelligence. 

NeoConvict

Unread post

Roll Out
Crazytrain » 16 Sep 2020, 12:13 pm » wrote: Every smart american is voting for Biden.
Appeal to authority fallacy and a **** one at that. Intellectual people are voting for Trump. Intellectual people are voting for Biden. 

Olivaw

Unread post

Politics: Liberal

I don’t know if any intellectuals will vote for Trump but I am pretty sure that the majority of scientists and scientifically literate people will not vote for Trump. One need only objectively assess the evidence to recognize that this presidency has been a dismal failure. 

Scientific American wrote:
The evidence and the science show that Donald Trump has badly damaged the U.S. and its people—because he rejects evidence and science. The most devastating example is his dishonest and inept response to the COVID-19 pandemic, which cost more than 190,000 Americans their lives by the middle of September. He has also attacked environmental protections, medical care, and the researchers and public science agencies that help this country prepare for its greatest challenges. That is why we urge you to vote for Joe Biden, who is offering fact-based plans to protect our health, our economy and the environment. These and other proposals he has put forth can set the country back on course for a safer, more prosperous and more equitable future.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... joe-biden/

Science is not a liberal conspiracy.

omh

Unread post

Olivaw » 16 Sep 2020, 2:53 pm » wrote: I don’t know if any intellectuals will vote for Trump but I am pretty sure that the majority of scientists and scientifically literate people will not vote for Trump. One need only objectively assess the evidence to recognize that this presidency has been a dismal failure. 

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... joe-biden/
wonder of Scientific America will exist come 2022. Seems they really did themselves in here.
when your reality won't explain real completely, you joined a socially corrupt intellectual mind that won't tolerate you using your own brain.

Crazytrain

Unread post

Beer
Well when you have a party that doesn't believe in science then you gotta go with the smartest person running.

omh

Unread post

Crazytrain » 16 Sep 2020, 2:57 pm » wrote: Well when you have a party that doesn't believe in science then you gotta go with the smartest person running.
what does science offer beyond working theories time is fluid.

Termin8tor

Unread post

Olivaw » 16 Sep 2020, 2:53 pm » wrote: I don’t know if any intellectuals will vote for Trump but I am pretty sure that the majority of scientists and scientifically literate people will not vote for Trump. One need only objectively assess the evidence to recognize that this presidency has been a dismal failure. 

Since when does anyone consult scientists about political matters, moonbat?

That's as freaking stupid as listening to athletes about police procedures and the law.

Why don't you consult your plumber about who to vote for, wackjob?

Olivaw

Unread post

omh » 16 Sep 2020, 2:56 pm » wrote: wonder of Scientific America will exist come 2022. Seems they really did themselves in here.
Trump supporters could boycott Scientific American, I suppose, but that would have zero impact on readership.   

Likely as not, readership will increase. 

Crazytrain

Unread post

Beer
Termin8tor » 16 Sep 2020, 3:13 pm » wrote: Since when does anyone consult scientists about political matters, moonbat?

That's as freaking stupid as listening to athletes about police procedures and the law.

Well scientists already know that republicans don't believe scientist. 

omh

Unread post

Olivaw » 16 Sep 2020, 3:15 pm » wrote: Trump supporters could boycott Scientific American, I suppose, but that would have zero impact on readership.   

No boycott necessary, they lost credibility. they revealed how biased they been.

omh

Unread post

Olivaw » 16 Sep 2020, 3:15 pm » wrote: Trump supporters could boycott Scientific American, I suppose, but that would have zero impact on readership.   

tick tock. Intellectual Armageddon is nearly completed.

Olivaw

Unread post

Termin8tor » 16 Sep 2020, 3:13 pm » wrote: Since when does anyone consult scientists about political matters, moonbat?

Every good leader consults scientists, cultists. Surprised you are only learning this now.   

Olivaw

Unread post

omh » 16 Sep 2020, 3:18 pm » wrote: tick tock. Intellectual Armageddon is nearly completed.
You’re right about one thing. The right has rejected science and intellectualism. 

omh

Unread post

Olivaw » 16 Sep 2020, 3:25 pm » wrote: Every good leader consults scientists, cultists. Surprised you are only learning this now. 
gee lets reflect on mob mentality, "our way or no way anyone survives on their own", "not our justice, no peace".

omh

Unread post

Olivaw » 16 Sep 2020, 3:27 pm » wrote: You’re right about one thing. The right has rejected science and intellectualism.
have you ever viewed life from proportionately centered as timed apart now realtive to numbers occupying space so far? Thinking past end now and future only develops from now on.

Termin8tor

Unread post

tick tock. Intellectual Armageddon is nearly completed.

You’re right about one thing. The right has rejected science and intellectualism.
Weird, but I see almost zero sign that any of you wackjobs have the slightest understanding of science or possess any intellectualism at all.

You just repeat the same vacuous things other liberals do.

When I post actual science and thoughtful pieces, there are almost always zero responses from your side.

So who the **** are you kidding?