400,000 Dead Americans by Jan 1st because of Prez MORON

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
96 posts
Anti-republiKlan

Unread post

Politics: Democratic

Bob Woodward
“What is really shocking to me, and I think shocking to people who have looked at this, is that he knew it was airborne, that it was going to be a serious situation back in January,” Woodward said. “The key to understanding this, for me, was let me take you to that scene of Jan. 28 in the Oval Office, when his national security adviser Robert O’Brien says, the virus will be the biggest threat, the biggest national security threat you will face as president and then the deputy, Matt Pottinger, stepped in and provided specifics.
“[Pottinger had] been a Wall Street Journal reporter in China for seven years, and he knew the Chinese lied about things like this, and he had contacts who told him, this is going to be like the 1918 Spanish flu pandemic that killed, what, 675,000 people in this country,” he continued. “The president knew this in January, and I did not learn about this meeting, which is the opening of my book, I think, it’s one of the most historic moments in the Oval Office, where a crisis is laid out, and the president doesn’t level with the American people, and it’s absolutely tragic.” “It’s tragic for Donald Trump, for the country, for the 195,000-plus people who have died,” Woodward added. “If he’d been honest and shared the truth in some form, we would be in a completely different position now. It is a monumental, catastrophic leadership failure.”

NeoConvict

Unread post

Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
He restricted travel from China in January. Democrats called this racist and xenophobic. Checkmate.
"I WOULD RATHER HAVE QUESTIONS THAT CANNOT BE ANSWERED...
THAN TO HAVE ANSWERS THAT CANNOT BE QUESTIONED"

DennisTheMenace

Unread post

Politics: Independent

COVD-19 is no worse than that common flu. Gargle with some Lysol.  It will just go away. 

Termin8tor

Unread post

Anti-republiKlan » 16 Sep 2020, 7:06 am » wrote: 400,000 Dead Americans by Jan 1st because of Prez MORON

What specifically could he have done that would have prevented any of these deaths, wackjob?

Not that you have the slightest clue.

Overall, Trump did an excellent job.

Anti-republiKlan

Unread post

The Democrat HOAX
The US intelligence community, public health experts and officials in Trump's own administration had warned for years that the country was at risk from a pandemic. Some of the warnings specifically mentioned the possibility of a coronavirus pandemic. And when this particular coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2, was identified in China in early January, health experts quickly cautioned it could be a major problem around the world.

"This was foreseeable, and foreseen, weeks and months ago, and only now is the White House coming out of denial and heading straight into saying it could not have been foreseen," Harvard University epidemiology professor Marc Lipsitch, director of Harvard's Center for Communicable Disease Dynamics, said on Sunday.

"Almost two months ago, experts were saying that the new virus in Wuhan was potentially a global threat," Lipsitch said in an email. "One month ago, experts were saying that it was likely to be pandemic, and the White House's response was that this was under control, despite the fact that the US's lack of testing was demonstrably giving a false picture of the extent of infection."

duck615

Unread post

Poor lying crying room retard Anti-republiklan aka benson13

Anti-republiKlan

Unread post

Bob Woodward...."Its so obvious trump has no idea on any issue or reality, and about whats happening in the world around him"

Anti-republiKlan

Unread post

Woodward wondered whether the president actually understood the difference between his own lies and the truth.

“Does he understand what a fact is and what is the reality we are dealing with?” Woodward said. “This is a moving train, the pandemic, and it’s speeding up, as all the experts, [including] Dr. [Anthony] Fauci, say it’s going to converge with the regular flu. You know, we are confronting a health hailstorm in the coming months, according to the experts, according to the models that we’re facing. Do we have a president, just in this time, who can kind of say, hey, let’s have a plan again, time and time again, there’s no plan. There’s a Trump tweet or an impulse.”

duck615

Unread post

Woodward is a washed up wanabe

Anti-republiKlan

Unread post

With no end in sight, Trump’s lies just keep making the Trump Virus WORSE

With the release of Bob Woodward’s book “Rage,” we’ve been given the opportunity to revisit the Trump administration’s response to the pandemic with the added insights of comments the president made in private at the time. Unsurprisingly, we have learned that Donald Trump was lying to the public every step of the way. Day after day, we hear more of the Woodward tapes, and each one reveals Trump to have been even more reckless and self-centered than we knew, leaving Woodward and millions of others unable to tell “whether he’s got it straight in his head what is real and what is unreal.”
The president had the presence of mind to tell Woodward in April that the virus is “a killer if it gets you,” but shortly after that told the public, “The Invisible Enemy will soon be in full retreat!” By July, he had stopped even trying to explain away his failure. He grew very petulant and upset with Woodward for questioning him on this:

On Tuesday night ,Trump attended a town hall sponsored by ABC News. He had to talk to regular voters in Pennsylvania rather than reporters, and it was a train wreck. He lied so often that the Washington Post fact check was headlined, “Trump’s ABC News town hall: Four Pinocchios, over and over again.”

His comments about the pandemic were especially egregious. Here’s just one example:

Lately Trump has taken to ridiculing Joe Biden’s mask-wearing, suggesting that the former vice president has a psychiatric problem. He sets an example for his tens of millions of supporters and they follow it, unfortunately for them and everyone with whom they come in contact.

We probably won’t know the full extent of the damage done by his mask-free super-spreader rallies until after the election, which is one reason why Trump — who clearly has little regard for his most ardent fans — now feels free to hold them. But it is certain that there will be fallout. People who attended a Trump rally this fall will die, and some will almost certainly spread it to others some who will die.

A recent study using some new and controversial techniques tracked the spread of the virus from the big motorcycle rally in Sturgis, South Dakota, last month, which seemed to show a massive increase in cases around the country stemming from the 500,000-person gathering. While the overall numbers have been disputed by scientists at Johns Hopkins, there is no doubt about an increase in cases in the surrounding Sturgis area. USA Today reported this week that “a month after the controversial Sturgis Motorcycle Rally drew hundreds of thousands of bikers to South Dakota, COVID-19 infections are growing faster in North Dakota and South Dakota than anywhere in the nation.”

Contract tracing is tough in this country. We don’t have a good system to begin with, and many people refuse to cooperate. It’s fair to guess that Trump rally-goers are among the least likely to agree to it. So we may never know how many of the thousands of people who will have attended Trump rallies by Nov. 3 will be sacrificed to give the president the ego boost he craves.

But one has to look no further than the famous Maine wedding last month to know just how lethal these events can be:

At least seven people have died in connection to a coronavirus outbreak that continues to sicken people in Maine following a wedding reception held over the summer that violated state virus guidelines, public health authorities said. The August wedding reception at the Big Moose Inn in Millinocket is linked to more than 175 confirmed cases of the virus, the Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention said Tuesday ….

The virus cases stemming from the wedding have spanned hundreds of miles in a state that had largely controlled the spread of the coronavirus through the summer. Maine has reported less than 5,000 cases of the virus in total since March.But the growing number of cases related to the wedding, which exceeded the state’s guidelines of 50 people or less at indoor gatherings, could undo some of that progress if it continues to swell. Authorities have said more than 65 people attended the wedding.

Trump’s rallies feature thousands of people, many of them older and the vast majority without masks, standing close together for long periods of time, cheering and shouting. They aren’t worried, because their beloved leader is telling them they don’t need to be:

While Trump’s followers believe everything he says, the damage is much broader than that. His lies and manipulation of the facts during this crisis have eroded the rest of America’s trust in the government to such an extent that, according to a new NBC News/Survey Monkey poll, “Fifty-two percent of adults say they don’t trust the president’s vaccine comments, while just 26 percent say they do.” Only 20% say they’re unaware of what the president has said. Here’s what has people nervous:

If you want to know the truth, the previous administration would have taken perhaps years to have a vaccine because of the FDA and all the approvals, and we’re within weeks of getting it.

Trump’s manipulation of federal agencies to allow unproven therapies, which in at least one case had to be withdrawn when it proved dangerous, doesn’t inspire faith in the process. How can people be expected to trust his administration to deliver a safe and effective vaccine under these circumstances?

America was once seen as the global leader in science and technology, but the nation’s reputation has plummeted around the world in the wake of Trump’s mishandling of this crisis. According to Pew Research, U.S. allies are appalled by Trump’s handling of the pandemic and find him less trustworthy than the presidents of Russia and China. People in all countries surveyed view the U.S. response as worse than that of their own country’s, the World Health Organization, the EU or China. (One of the great ironies of this whole disaster is that Trump pulled the U.S. out of the WHO ostensibly for lying about the lethality and spread of the virus — when that was exactly what he was doing every single day. )

Trump likes to say that “nobody’s ever seen anything like this,” and in this case, at least, he’s right. The consequences of the president’s psychological and intellectual shortcomings, which led him to downplay the pandemic, are so devastating that it led Scientific American to endorse a candidate for president for the first time in the magazine’s 175-year history:

The evidence and the science show that Donald Trump has badly damaged the U.S. and its people — because he rejects evidence and science. The most devastating example is his dishonest and inept response to the COVID-19 pandemic, which cost more than 190,000 Americans their lives by the middle of September. He has also attacked environmental protections, medical care, and the researchers and public science agencies that help this country prepare for its greatest challenges. That is why we urge you to vote for Joe Biden, who is offering fact-based plans to protect our health, our economy and the environment.

It is hard to see how any rational person could come to any other conclusion.

duck615

Unread post

All lies^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Anti-republiKlan

Unread post

Heck of a job Brownie....er....I mean Prez Huckster!!

neue regel

Unread post

What’s shocking is that Woodward sat on this bombshell just to sell a book.

Blackvegetable

Unread post

Antifa
NeoConvict » 16 Sep 2020, 7:09 am » wrote: He restricted travel from China in January. Democrats called this racist and xenophobic. Checkmate.
Another **** talking point, QaNeon..

You are nauseatingly craven.

Huey » wrote:
I had to lie to do it, but hey, I get to do that for a living.

I repeat slogans.

I don't care about frequency. 4 of the last 8 winners were from small countries. THat is the point.

Don't bother if it is going to be from behind. It could be anyone.

Your context is irrelevant.

Blackvegetable

Unread post

Antifa
neueregel » 16 Sep 2020, 7:48 am » wrote: What’s shocking is that Woodward sat on this bombshell just to sell a book.
THAT'S "shocking"?

Huey » wrote:

I repeat slogans.

I don't care about frequency. 4 of the last 8 winners were from small countries. THat is the point.

Blackvegetable

Unread post

Antifa
Termin8tor » 16 Sep 2020, 7:11 am » wrote: .
What specifically could he have done that would have prevented any of these deaths, wackjob?

Not that you have the slightest clue.

Overall, Trump did an excellent job.
The list is endless, Sodomite...

He's **** terrible

Huey » wrote:

I repeat slogans.

NeoConvict

Unread post

Roll Out
Blackvegetable » 16 Sep 2020, 7:51 am » wrote: Another **** talking point, QaNeon..

You are nauseatingly craven.
You are a victim of living in a left wing echo chamber of your own creation. Try reading objective facts rather than media spin.

Blackvegetable

Unread post

Antifa
NeoConvict » 16 Sep 2020, 7:53 am » wrote: You are a victim of living in a left wing echo chamber of your own creation. Try reading objective facts rather than media spin.
Share it, QaNeon...

I know, right?

Grifty was TOLD to stop flights from China.
Huey » wrote:

I repeat slogans.

Blackvegetable

Unread post

Antifa
DennisTheMenace » 16 Sep 2020, 7:10 am » wrote: COVD-19 is no worse than that common flu. Gargle with some Lysol.  It will just go away. 

"Oh, it's just The Sniffles."

Skin these dumb **** alive.

Huey » wrote:

I repeat slogans.

NeoConvict

Unread post

Roll Out
Blackvegetable » 16 Sep 2020, 7:54 am » wrote: Share it, QaNeon...

I know, right?

Grifty was TOLD to stop flights from China.
He did stop travel from China for foreign nationals. He didn't stop US citizens from returning from China or green card holders. Nancy Pelosi encouraged her constituents to party in China town to show they weren't bigots like Trump.