About Those Hunter Biden Emails

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
137 posts
Misty

Share      Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Politics: Liberal

PPE Mask
Just saw this on Twitter.

The ongoing efforts by Giuliani, Trump, and other prominent Republicans to push unverified dirt on the Biden family not only illustrates the degree to which nefariously obtained documents and rumor and disinformation have become a form of modern campaign currency; but also, just how comfortable the president and his team are peddling it.

The latest round of Hunter Biden attacks come approximately one year after President Trump found himself embroiled in impeachment investigations for using the levers of government to try and help Giuliani dig up dirt in Ukraine on the Bidens.

Both then and now, serious questions remain about the validity of the documents they’ve pointed to and the ethics and accuracy of the charges they pushed.

For example metadata on the PDF files purporting to show Hunter Biden’s emails published by the Post suggest they were created on a Mac laptop on September 29 and October 10, 2019—around the same time Giuliani’s Ukrainian associates who helped him dig up dirt on the Bidens, Igor Fruman and Lev Parnas, were arrested and charged with breaking campaign finance laws.

The timing of the creation of those PDF files—several months after Biden allegedly dropped off his laptop at the PC repair store in April 2019—raises questions about how and when Giuliani came into possession of the purported emails.
 And then there are questions around how the laptop allegedly found its way to the FBI.

On Wednesday, a reporter with The Daily Beast tracked down John Paul Mac Isaac, a worker at a computer repair shop in Wilmington, after reports surfaced that his store at one point possessed Hunter Biden’s computer.

Mac Isaac was nervous and quiet throughout a one-hour interview, and his account kept shifting.

He wavered back and forth between saying he had gone to the Federal Bureau of Investigation with the materials and the FBI had approached him.

He would not comment on whether he had been in touch with Giuliani, one of President Trump’s personal attorneys and confidants.

And he said several times that he was worried about his life and the lives of those close to him—a fear that he said compelled him to make a copy of the computer’s hard drive as a quasi insurance policy on his life.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-kne ... was-coming

#StopTheSteal = #StartTheGrift

duck615

Share      Unread post

Opinion... Not evidence...

Misty

Share      Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

PPE Mask
Man Who Reportedly Gave Hunter’s Laptop to Rudy Speaks Out in Bizarre Interview

On Wednesday afternoon, a group of reporters, among them a journalist for The Daily Beast, spoke with the owner of the shop, a man named John Paul Mac Isaac who lives in Wilmington, Delaware. The audio of that nearly hour-long question and answer session is below.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/man-who-r ... w?ref=home

Mac Isaac appeared nervous throughout. Several times, he said he was scared for his life and for the lives of those he loved. He appeared not to have a grasp on the timeline of the laptop arriving at his shop and its disappearance from it. He also said the impeachment of President Trump was a “sham.” Social media postings indicate that Mac Isaac is an avid Trump supporter and voted for him in the 2016 election.

Mac Isaac said he had a medical condition that prevented him from actually seeing who dropped off the laptop but that he believed it to be Hunter Biden’s because of a sticker related to the Beau Biden Foundation that was on it. He said that Hunter Biden actually dropped off three laptops for repair, an abundance of hardware that he chalked up to the Biden son being “rich.”

Throughout the interview, Mac Isaac switched back and forth from saying he reached out to law enforcement after viewing the files in the laptop to saying that it was actually the Federal Bureau of Investigation that contacted him. At one point, Mac Isaac claimed that he was emailing someone from the FBI about the laptop. At another point he claimed a special agent from the Baltimore office had contacted him after he alerted the FBI to the device’s existence. At another point, he said the FBI reached out to him for “help accessing his drive.”

Mac Isaac referenced the infamous Seth Rich conspiracy theory—which holds that a DNC staffer who police say was murdered in a botched robbery was actually killed off by Clinton allies because he leaked committee emails—as reason for his paranoia. He said he made a copy of the hard drive for the purposes of personal protection.

“They probably knew I had a copy because I was pretty vocal about not wanting to get murdered,” he said, “so I’m going to have a copy.”

Misty

Share      Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

PPE Mask
duck615 » 15 Oct 2020, 1:03 pm » wrote: Opinion... Not evidence...

So what evidence do you have that those emails are authentic?

Huey

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberacon

Misty » 15 Oct 2020, 1:01 pm » wrote: Just saw this on Twitter.

Odd that twitter did not block that.
no, you haven't proven that by assertion. Unless you can show your mention prior to my post of Feb 8, you lose..

Hey BV, did Jan 24th 2020 come before or after Feb 8th 2020?

Misty

Share      Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

PPE Mask
Huey » 15 Oct 2020, 1:07 pm » wrote:

Odd that twitter did not block that.
Why would they?

duck615

Share      Unread post

Misty » 15 Oct 2020, 1:06 pm » wrote:

Same as yours for Trumps taxes

Misty

Share      Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

PPE Mask
The shop owner can't seem to get his story straight.

When talking to a group of reporters Mac Isaac switched back and forth from saying that he reached out to law enforcement after viewing the files in the laptop to saying that it was actually the Federal Bureau of Investigation that contacted him.

Now this from FOX News:

The Wilmington shop owner said he contacted the FBI out of concern, but declined to specify what he meant.

In September, he contacted an intermediary about the emails.

The intermediary then contacted the FBI.

Isaac said the intermediary is an American citizen who he has known for decades, but declined to provide further details about their identity.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hunter ... -mac-isaac

Misty

Share      Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

PPE Mask
duck615 » 15 Oct 2020, 1:10 pm » wrote:
Misty » 15 Oct 2020, 1:06 pm » wrote:

Same as yours for Trumps taxes
I haven't seen Trump’s taxes, have you?
Isaac’s claim that the laptop in question belonged to Hunter Biden has yet to be substantiated.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hunter ... -mac-isaac
Yet to be substantiated.

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
Huey » 15 Oct 2020, 1:07 pm » wrote: Odd that twitter did not block that.
Why should it, Verbal?
Huey » wrote:
I had to lie to do it, but hey, I get to do that for a living.

I repeat slogans.

I don't care about frequency. 4 of the last 8 winners were from small countries. THat is the point.

Don't bother if it is going to be from behind. It could be anyone.

Your context is irrelevant.

If you are going to get all personal, as is your tactic, there is no need to continue

Huey

Share      Unread post

Blackvegetable » 15 Oct 2020, 1:22 pm » wrote: Why should it, Verbal?

I am not getting into one of your games with you on this thread.  
no, you haven't proven that by assertion. Unless you can show your mention prior to my post of Feb 8, you lose..

Annoyed Liberall

Share      Unread post

Hot Little Twist
Hot Little Twist
Politics: Classical Liberal

I don't know how anyone can think those emails are real at this point.

Pengwin

Share      Unread post

I am deeply concerned now and just not sure if I can still vote for - Hunter Biden.

What was he running for again?

Misty

Share      Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

PPE Mask
Blackvegetable » 15 Oct 2020, 1:22 pm » wrote:
Huey » 15 Oct 2020, 1:07 pm » wrote: Odd that twitter did not block that.
Why should it, Verbal?
I didn't get that either.
They blocked the NY Post story based on their hacked materials policy, and the fact that the New York Post article included un-redacted personal information.
I don't think William Kristol's Tweet or the Daily Beast story relied on any materials that may have been hacked or stolen or contained any un-redacted personal information.

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
Misty » 15 Oct 2020, 1:25 pm » wrote: I didn't get that either.
They blocked the NY Post story based on their hacked materials policy.
I don't think William Kristol's Tweet or the Daily Beast story relied on any materials that may have been hacked or stolen.
Verbal has very strict rules about balance...they just aren't very consistent..
Huey » wrote:

I repeat slogans.

I don't care about frequency. 4 of the last 8 winners were from small countries. THat is the point.

If you are going to get all personal, as is your tactic, there is no need to continue

Huey

Share      Unread post

Misty » 15 Oct 2020, 1:25 pm » wrote: I didn't get that either.
They blocked the NY Post story based on their hacked materials policy.
I don't think William Kristol's Tweet or the Daily Beast story relied on any materials that may have been hacked or stolen.

“We can’t complete this request because this link has been identified by Twitter or our partners as being potentially harmful.”

Yeah, sure it was.......

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/after ... 1602723220

But, if that's story go ahead and run with it.

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
Huey » 15 Oct 2020, 1:23 pm » wrote: I am not getting into one of your games with you on this thread.
Keep your hymen intact, Yappy...
Huey » wrote:

I repeat slogans.

Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
Huey » 15 Oct 2020, 1:29 pm » wrote:  “We can’t complete this request because this link has been identified by Twitter or our partners as being potentially harmful.”

Yeah, sure it was.......

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/after ... 1602723220

But, if that's story go ahead and run with it.
That's a pretty narrow and misleading excerpt, Dwarfy...
Huey » wrote:

I repeat slogans.

Misty

Share      Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

PPE Mask
AnnoyedLiberall » 15 Oct 2020, 1:23 pm » wrote: I don't know how anyone can think those emails are real at this point.
That's my point exactly.
The computer shop owner is a big Trump supporter.
Throw Rudy Giuliani and Steve Bannon into the mix, and I'm seeing huge red flags all over the place.

Neo

Share      Unread post

Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
Timing is suspicious and the story is hard to believe. That said, there is plenty of evidence the Bidens are balls deep in Ukraine and China.
"I WOULD RATHER HAVE QUESTIONS THAT CANNOT BE ANSWERED...
THAN TO HAVE ANSWERS THAT CANNOT BE QUESTIONED"