Covid Hoax? No? Yes?

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
387 posts
Vegas

Unread post

Over-bathroom Under-secretary of Awesomeness
Politics: Conservative

I have seen within the political landscape that many people believe that this is not a pandemic, it is a hoax. The virus is real, but it is not bad enough to justify the reactions and safety precautions that are vehemently being pressed. The interesting thing is that I have seen this belief on both sides. Granted, it's mostly from the right, but I have seen it come from both sides. I have questions for those who think the virus is trivial, and to those who take it more seriously:

1. If this pandemic is hoax, or the virus isn't as harmful as the media is making it out to be, then what would you say to the scientific community  that has advised the use of these precautions? I am not talking about the politicians, I am talking about the researchers and scientists. 

2. If the virus is indeed as serious as we are told, then do you believe that Trump did the right thing by closing the economy?

Me? Well, I am glad you asked. I know that you are all dying to know what I think. My thoughts: WEAR A **** MASK YOU *** CLOWNS! Politics and science should never mix. Scientists know science. Politicians know politics. Keep them separate. The scientists should be taking the pilot seat on these issues, because the virus is a scientific issue. Listen to them. If the scientists have enough data to make an informed objective decision, and they know how to interpret the data, then why the **** are you listening to politicians? 

BlackVeg offers us the peak of his intellect.

Huey

Unread post

Politics: Liberacon

Not a hoax.
no, you haven't proven that by assertion. Unless you can show your mention prior to my post of Feb 8, you lose..

Hey BV, did Jan 24th 2020 come before or after Feb 8th 2020?

Arris

Unread post

It is not a hoax and is as serious as the scientists say
“It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe that lures him to evil ways.” ---Buddha[

Vegas

Unread post

Arris » 16 Oct 2020, 11:29 am » wrote: It is not a hoax and is as serious as the scientists say

Do you agree that Trump did the right thing by shutting down the economy?

Deezer Shoove

Unread post

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Politics: Fascist

Vegas » 16 Oct 2020, 11:20 am » wrote: I have seen within the political landscape that many people believe that this is not a pandemic, it is a hoax. The virus is real, but it is not bad enough to justify the reactions and safety precautions that are vehemently being pressed. The interesting thing is that I have seen this belief on both sides. Granted, it's mostly from the right, but I have seen it come from both sides. I have questions for those who think the virus is trivial, and to those who take it more seriously:

1. If this pandemic is hoax, or the virus isn't as harmful as the media is making it out to be, then what would you say to the scientific community  that has advised the use of these precautions? I am not talking about the politicians, I am talking about the researchers and scientists. 

2. If the virus is indeed as serious as we are told, then do you believe that Trump did the right thing by closing the economy?

Me? Well, I am glad you asked. I know that you are all dying to know what I think. My thoughts: WEAR A **** MASK YOU *** CLOWNS! Politics and science should never mix. Scientists know science. Politicians know politics. Keep them separate. The scientists should be taking the pilot seat on these issues, because the virus is a scientific issue. Listen to them. If the scientists have enough data to make an informed objective decision, and they know how to interpret the data, then why the **** are you listening to politicians?
China Virus was isolated/manufactured.
No cure.
Vaccine iffy... Everyone on Earth will eventually get a taste.

Masks are not the preventive measure you apparently think they are.
In close quarters for 15 minutes? Wear a mask.
People outside wearing masks are largely the *** clowns.

All we are doing is slowing down the transmission rate.
NOTHING HAS CHANGED FROM THAT STANDPOINT.

Ask a scientist-politician. They are out there; they are not separated.

Virtue signaling ******* make me sick. Pun intended.

Speaking of *** clowns, see the next post. vvv    

Please seat yourself.

I like the very things you hate.

Phoenix68.2.0

Unread post

Politics: Liberal

DeezerShoove » 16 Oct 2020, 11:51 am » wrote:

STAY WITH THAT ONE!!!!

SHE'S PERPETUALLY LATHERED-UP FOR
YOU RISK-TAKERS!!!!!

sooted up Cyndi

Unread post

Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece
Politics: Independent

ROFL
Not a hoax. Not as serious as they say. Political. Half experiment in gubmint control of the population. we flunked. Face diapers don't work. 70 percent of those who caught covid wore the diaper. cdc website. It isn't mutating that fast. Sign it's man made. altho I think this... I recommend being cautious just in case. Better safe then sorry because we aren't going to figure this out.

Isabel

Unread post

sootedupCyndi » 16 Oct 2020, 12:13 pm » wrote: Not a hoax. Not as serious as they say. Political.
What are you basing that claim on?

YOU:    Half experiment in gubmint control of the population. we flunked. Face diapers don't work.

Of course they do. You already admitted that you wear a mask because you are worried about your health.

YOU:    70 percent of those who caught covid wore the diaper. cdc website.

False.  Why do you support Trump when all he does is feed you idiotic lies?

YOU:    isn't mutating that fast. Sign it's man made.

Mutation rate has nothing to do with that. In addition, it has already been identified by geneticists as NOT man made.
Seriously, Cyndi - you keep saying things that are clearly and unarguably false, and when I ask, you can't point to any source that supports what you say.
Who is feeding you this nonsense? 

Last edited by Isabel on 16 Oct 2020, 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phoenix68.2.0

Unread post

sootedupCyndi » 16 Oct 2020, 12:13 pm » wrote:

Not a hoax. Not as serious as they say. Political. Half experiment in.....

Huey

Unread post

sootedupCyndi » 16 Oct 2020, 12:13 pm » wrote: Not a hoax. Not as serious as they say. Political. Half experiment in gubmint control of the population. we flunked. Face diapers don't work. 70 percent of those who caught covid wore the diaper. cdc website. It isn't mutating that fast. Sign it's man made. altho I think this... I recommend being cautious just in case. Better safe then sorry because we aren't going to figure this out.

You did it know.  You got both Sugar Britches and the spammer on your ***.  You can take them
no, you haven't proven that by assertion. Unless you can show your mention prior to my post of Feb 8, you lose..

Neo

Unread post

Roll Out
sootedupCyndi » 16 Oct 2020, 12:13 pm » wrote: Not a hoax. Not as serious as they say. Political. Half experiment in gubmint control of the population. we flunked. Face diapers don't work. 70 percent of those who caught covid wore the diaper. cdc website. It isn't mutating that fast. Sign it's man made. altho I think this... I recommend being cautious just in case. Better safe then sorry because we aren't going to figure this out.
Bingo. Not a hoax but it is a crisis that is being used to harm the economy as much as possible to impact the election. 
"I WOULD RATHER HAVE QUESTIONS THAT CANNOT BE ANSWERED...
THAN TO HAVE ANSWERS THAT CANNOT BE QUESTIONED"

Vegas

Unread post

DeezerShoove » 16 Oct 2020, 11:51 am » wrote:

In close quarters for 15 minutes? Wear a mask.
People outside wearing masks are largely the *** clowns.

Not true good sir. This is how other countries were able to get a handle on it. 

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/41790 ... ks-prevent

sooted up Cyndi

Unread post

Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece
Politics: Independent

ROFL
Neo » 16 Oct 2020, 12:40 pm » wrote: Bingo. Not a hoax but it is a crisis that is being used to harm the economy as much as possible to impact the election.
yes! so are the masks.. a political issue. I wear them, so therefore you are not doing the right thing if you don't. Look at goofy Biden.. running for president of the united states.. hiding behind a blue face diaper... hiding in the basement like a whimp.  gees-us Neo. SOS?

Vegas

Unread post

sootedupCyndi » 16 Oct 2020, 12:13 pm » wrote: Not a hoax. Not as serious as they say. Political. Half experiment in gubmint control of the population. we flunked. Face diapers don't work. 70 percent of those who caught covid wore the diaper. cdc website. 
I don't believe this to be true. Can you show me this data? There are many studies that conclude the opposite. They show that wearing a mask has drastically slowed down the rate of infection. 

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/41790 ... ks-prevent

Phoenix68.2.0

Unread post

Neo » 16 Oct 2020, 12:40 pm » wrote:

Bingo. Not a hoax but it is a crisis that is being used to harm the economy as much as possible to impact the election.

Neo

Unread post

Roll Out
sootedupCyndi » 16 Oct 2020, 12:45 pm » wrote: yes! so are the masks.. a political issue. I wear them, so therefore you are not doing the right thing if you don't. Look at goofy Biden.. running for president of the united states.. hiding behind a blue face diaper... hiding in the basement like a whimp.  gees-us Neo. SOS?
I think masks against an airborne aerosol virus is pure security theater but I don't trust people when they are scared. They are not rational. As a result of not wanting confrontation I wear a mask in public. 

Last edited by Neo on 16 Oct 2020, 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I WOULD RATHER HAVE QUESTIONS THAT CANNOT BE ANSWERED...
THAN TO HAVE ANSWERS THAT CANNOT BE QUESTIONED"

Vegas

Unread post

Do you ever speak  words without memes? 

Huey

Unread post

Neo » 16 Oct 2020, 12:48 pm » wrote: I think masks against an airborne aerosol virus is pure second theater but I don't trust people when they are scared. They are not rational. As a result of not wanting confrontation I wear a mask in public.

That is pretty much why I wear it.  As you continuously post I think that the fear around deaths is overblown because of the overwhelming majority who catch it survive.  It is the old and those with other health issues that die.

Isabel

Unread post

Neo » 16 Oct 2020, 12:48 pm » wrote: I think masks against an airborne aerosol virus is pure second theater
Absurd nonsense.  You clearly don't have the first clue about any of the science.

But, of course, truth and reality have never slowed down your stream of NeoClaims.