It appears that Biden will take 2020

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
253 posts
Cedar

Unread post

Cannonpointer's Internet Barrister
Cannonpointer's Internet Barrister
Politics: Classical Liberal

annLee » 17 Oct 2020, 5:18 pm » wrote: Blue all the way through******************************
Lay off the crack pipe.

The Biden’s aren’t for sale, China already owns them.

Coolguy10013

Unread post

Politics: Liberal

When I "dismiss" you it only means that I have determined that further discussion is useless or counter-productive. Don't take it personally. Go ahead and have your last word...and move on.

SJConspirator

Unread post

Politics: Green

This election is very hard to call. I was quite sure Trump would win in 2016, and I have correctly predicted every election since 1994. This is the first one in my adult life that is unpredictable.

The equal right of all men to the use of land is as clear as their equal right to breathe the air - it is a right proclaimed by the very fact of their existence. Henry George

WillFranklin

Unread post

Vegas » 16 Oct 2020, 12:58 pm » wrote: Even though the polls in 2016 had Trump losing, I am not so sure that will be a repeat. As of now, if the election was held today, Biden is predicted to take 279 electoral votes vs Trump at 125. trump has been losing double digits in some polls. 

Anyway, I just hope that the transition of power goes smoothly. Trump has implied that he wont take the loss sitting down. I want what is best for America, so if Biden wins, then I will carry on supporting my country by hoping Biden does a fantastic job. 

https://www.270towin.com/maps/biden-trump-polling-map

So that means when I come with salient posts about policy for the next four years you are going to come and try your first hand at honest intellectual debate about how the corporations and their wealthy executives use up all of the American human, natural, and infrastructural resources and escape payment of the necessary taxes, wages, and health benefits to maintain these resources.

Phoenix68.2.0

Unread post

Vegas » 16 Oct 2020, 12:58 pm » wrote: It appears that Biden will take 2020

Believe it, or not.....you just echoed (what I heard) Porky Limbaugh say.....late-Summer/early-Fall of '92....about Bill Clinton....except Porky's quote was more like....."GO, AHEAD, AND ELECT BILL CLINTON!!!!"....as if he.....like all OTHER "conservatives"....was CERTAIN Bill Clinton would NEVER be able to clean-up the recession ReRon Reagan & Daddy Bush left, behind.....and, Republicans would simply waltz-back-into Office, in '96!!

DIDN'T HAPPEN!

Phoenix68.2.0

Unread post

SJConspirator » 17 Oct 2020, 8:59 pm » wrote: This election is very hard to call. I was quite sure Trump would win in 2016, and I have correctly predicted every election since 1994.

Sure, you have.

Phoenix68.2.0

Unread post

THAT'S a keeper!!!!!!

annLee

Unread post

Politics: Democratic

It is my desire to debate you on the topic!

annLee

Unread post

Politics: Democratic

It is my desire to debate you on the topic!

Vegas

Unread post

Over-bathroom Under-secretary of Awesomeness
Politics: Conservative

WillFranklin » 17 Oct 2020, 10:40 pm » wrote: So that means when I come with salient posts about policy for the next four years you are going to come and try your first hand at honest intellectual debate about how the corporations and their wealthy executives use up all of the American human, natural, and infrastructural resources and escape payment of the necessary taxes, wages, and health benefits to maintain these resources.

If you can give sound evidence of it, then of course. However, as of now, I have only seen your accusations based on envy of the rich, personal opinion, and TDS.
BlackVeg offers us the peak of his intellect.

WillFranklin

Unread post

Vegas » 18 Oct 2020, 1:32 pm » wrote: If you can give sound evidence of it, then of course. However, as of now, I have only seen your accusations based on envy of the rich, personal opinion, and TDS.
In 2019 nearly 400,000 American workers made exactly $7.25 an hour and 30 million Americans had no health insurance. The result for lack of potential consumer spending was mere 2.2% GDP growth for 2019.

Let's start with that.

How sustainable is s system where the profiteers just use the resources and don't keep them healthy and replenished?

Businesses have more volume when the working class has more spending money. And their worker are more productive then they are healthy.

Vegas

Unread post

WillFranklin » 18 Oct 2020, 1:51 pm » wrote: In 2019 nearly 400,000 American workers made exactly $7.25 an hour and 30 million Americans had no health insurance. The result for lack of potential consumer spending was mere 2.2% GDP growth for 2019.

Let's start with that.

How sustainable is s system where the profiteers just use the resources and don't keep them healthy and replenished?

Businesses have more volume when the working class has more spending money. And their worker are more productive then they are healthy.
1. True. Wages have not kept up with inflation. That is a fact. The cost of living has increased, while the wages remain stagnant. This is a catch 22 though. If you raise the min wage, then by default prices will go up because people have money. If prices go up, then the wage increase will eventual fall behind inflation again, leaving us back to square one again. I have always proposed that we abolish the minimum wage altogether. Forcing a company to pay a certain rate is the antithesis of real capitalism. Let the economy work itself out. The government forcing the economy by demanding businesses to pay this wage or that is always a losing proposition.

2. The lower the taxes for everyone, profiteers and the working class, the more spending money for all. How are you able to live comfortably when the government slices your check as much as they do? Have you noticed how wealth our government is compared to the working class? You focus on the riches of the profiteers, but ignore how well off our government is. How did they get that much money? 

3.   Again, basic economics. The more money people have to spend, the more prices increase. When prices increase, the wages fall behind the inflation. Back to square one again. 

Solution: 1. Abolish the min wage.
2. Cut taxes so people can spend, thus keeping inflation reasonable with the wages.

WillFranklin

Unread post

Vegas » 18 Oct 2020, 2:06 pm » wrote: 1. True. Wages have not kept up with inflation. That is a fact. The cost of living has increased, while the wages remain stagnant. This is a catch 22 though. If you raise the min wage, then by default prices will go up because people have money. If prices go up, then the wage increase will eventual fall behind inflation again, leaving us back to square one again. I have always proposed that we abolish the minimum wage altogether. Forcing a company to pay a certain rate is the antithesis of real capitalism. Let the economy work itself out. The government forcing the economy by demanding businesses to pay this wage or that is always a losing proposition.

2. The lower the taxes for everyone, profiteers and the working class, the more spending money for all. How are you able to live comfortably when the government slices your check as much as they do? Have you noticed how wealth our government is compared to the working class? You focus on the riches of the profiteers, but ignore how well off our government is. How did they get that much money? 

3.   Again, basic economics. The more money people have to spend, the more prices increase. When prices increase, the wages fall behind the inflation. Back to square one again. 

Solution: 1. Abolish the min wage.
2. Cut taxes so people can spend, thus keeping inflation reasonable with the wages.

There is a system of human, natural, and infrastructural resources to maintain. At this point our economy and government has been tilted too far towards letting the profiteers escape payment to maintain that system.

Tax cuts and tax credits for the bottom income earners are all that is needed now. The top earners AND CORPORATIONS are awash with cash and we need the government spending since those guys aren't spending it and if they do what little they spend is not a reinvestment that helps the working class.

No way we get rid of minimum wage because it would unleash a race back to the bottom.

Vegas

Unread post

WillFranklin » 18 Oct 2020, 2:16 pm » wrote: There is a system of human, natural, and infrastructural resources to maintain. At this point our economy and government has been tilted too far towards letting the profiteers escape payment to maintain that system.

Tax cuts and tax credits for the bottom income earners are all that is needed now. The top earners AND CORPORATIONS are awash with cash and we need the government spending since those guys aren't spending it and if they do what little they spend is not a reinvestment that helps the working class.

No way we get rid of minimum wage because it would unleash a race back to the bottom.

I don't know what the purpose of your meme was, but whatever.

How did our government become so rich? On the expense of the middle class. There is already enough of waste spending from the government. Of course we need an infrastructure. That infrastructure should be just enough to cover to cost, no more. You blame the profiteers for taking advantage of the workers, but you completely ignore the government's role in this oppression. Why is it evil for big businesses to profit off the backs of their workers, but the government gets a pass? Lobbying should be banned. No lobbyists. No big money in big business. You can't blame one while leaving out the other.

WillFranklin

Unread post

Vegas » 18 Oct 2020, 2:26 pm » wrote:

How did our government become so rich?

What do you mean? It is way in debt. Trump made it much worse.

WillFranklin

Unread post

I am going to have to stop Vegas and take his regurgitated talking points apart one at a time.

Vegas

Unread post

WillFranklin » 18 Oct 2020, 3:23 pm » wrote: What do you mean? It is way in debt. Trump made it much worse.

Of course. Back to Trump. It's all Trump's fault. We have been in debt long before Trump was even born. 

Look, I can't have an honest conversation if you are going to 1. ignore the government's role in helping the profiteers and 2. You remain fixated on your TDS.

Let me know when you are ready.

WillFranklin

Unread post

Vegas » 18 Oct 2020, 3:25 pm » wrote: Of course. Back to Trump. It's all Trump's fault. We have been in debt long before Trump was even born. 

Look, I can't have an honest conversation if you are going to 1. ignore the government's role in helping the profiteers and 2. You remain fixated on your TDS.

Let me know when you are ready.

But you just made one of the most ridiculous false claims. You claimed the government is wealthy.

The government is a spender, which is why we need tax money from less inclined to spend spenders like corporations and wealthy people. And less spending on war overseas would help.

The US owes 25 trillion now? Or what. It's not wealthy. The Republicans brag about starving it.

In fact the Republican philosophy to starve the government runs all over your distractions in your post.

This is a thread fail. Sorry you came back with weak and are an embarrassment to the site again.

nuckin futz

Unread post

Politics: Independent

Vegas » 16 Oct 2020, 12:58 pm » wrote: Even though the polls in 2016 had Trump losing, I am not so sure that will be a repeat. As of now, if the election was held today, Biden is predicted to take 279 electoral votes vs Trump at 125. trump has been losing double digits in some polls. 

Anyway, I just hope that the transition of power goes smoothly. Trump has implied that he wont take the loss sitting down. I want what is best for America, so if Biden wins, then I will carry on supporting my country by hoping Biden does a fantastic job. 

https://www.270towin.com/maps/biden-trump-polling-map
This is gracious of you to say that! GOOD! We all need to get behind Joe, and I'm sure he will hire top notch people!    

Slavery is the fiction that people are property
Corporate personhood is the fiction that corporations are people

Vegas

Unread post

WillFranklin » 18 Oct 2020, 3:30 pm » wrote: But you just made one of the most ridiculous false claims. You claimed the government is wealthy.

The government is a spender, which is why we need tax money from less inclined to spend spenders like corporations and wealthy people. And less spending on war overseas would help.

The US owes 25 trillion now? Or what. It's not wealthy. The Republicans brag about starving it.

In fact the Republican philosophy to starve the government runs all over your distractions in your post.

This is a thread fail. Sorry you came back with weak and are an embarrassment to the site again.
This is why it's impossible to debate you. When you get your *** handed to you, you immediately go to the 'you lose, I win' crap. So tell me, how are we able to sustain 25 trillion in debt. I don't know any country that can and still pay their debtors back with a three star credit rating. Why are politicians in the pockets of the big banks? 

Ah forget it. Since I am attacking your precious government you will revert back to your usual games of self victory. Blah blah blah...Orange man bad...yada yada yada...TDS....