Law enforcement world slams Biden's advice to shoot suspects 'in the leg'

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
21 posts
Huey

Unread post

Politics: Liberacon

And in another example of Stupid Biden News Crazy Joe tells cops to just them in the leg:In an extended exchange with a questioner during his Philadelphia town hall event with host George Stephanopolous Thursday, Biden laid out his vision for police reform, including his opinion of how police officers should utilize deadly force while on the job. "There's a lot of things we've learned, and it takes time," he said, "but we can do this. You can ban chokeholds ... but beyond that, you have to teach people how to de-escalate circumstances.""So, instead of anybody coming at you and the first thing you do is shoot to kill, you shoot them in the leg," he offered as an example

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy ... spects-leg

no, you haven't proven that by assertion. Unless you can show your mention prior to my post of Feb 8, you lose..

Hey BV, did Jan 24th 2020 come before or after Feb 8th 2020?

Termin8tor

Unread post

Politics: Conservative

Huey » 17 Oct 2020, 10:41 am » wrote: And in another example of Stupid Biden News Crazy Joe tells cops to just them in the leg:In an extended exchange with a questioner during his Philadelphia town hall event with host George Stephanopolous Thursday, Biden laid out his vision for police reform, including his opinion of how police officers should utilize deadly force while on the job. "There's a lot of things we've learned, and it takes time," he said, "but we can do this. You can ban chokeholds ... but beyond that, you have to teach people how to de-escalate circumstances.""So, instead of anybody coming at you and the first thing you do is shoot to kill, you shoot them in the leg," he offered as an example

Biden's so stupid.

He should have said to shoot the gun out of the bad guy's hand.

Huey

Unread post

Termin8tor » 17 Oct 2020, 10:42 am » wrote: .
Biden's so stupid.

He should have said to shoot the gun out of the bad guy's hand.

Clint Eastwood would do it.

I like this from the article:

"Shooting someone in the leg does not stop someone immediately," he said. "You're trying to stop an immediate threat. And shooting someone in the leg doesn't stop them from killing or shooting someone else."Grossman, who runs a nationwide law enforcement training program and who developed the discipline of "killology," used a conversation with a deer-hunting relative to illustrate his point. "He once asked me, 'Why don't cops just shoot suspects in the leg?'" Grossman said. "And I told him, 'The next time you shoot at a deer, aim for the leg.'""He got it immediately," Grossman added. 
no, you haven't proven that by assertion. Unless you can show your mention prior to my post of Feb 8, you lose..

Huey

Unread post

Before aiming for the legs the cop should politely ask the person to stop moving so he could get a good aiming point.

simple jack

Unread post

Trump endorsed by KKK, US Nazis, White Nationalist, Putin, and the Taliban.
Need we say more?

The thing about those mile-long lines to vote is that there isn't one damn MAGA hat or Trump flag in any of them.

2 years, 10 months, 23 days.

The length of time Amy Coney Barrett has been a judge.

Zeets2

Unread post

Huey » 17 Oct 2020, 10:41 am » wrote: And in another example of Stupid Biden News Crazy Joe tells cops to just them in the leg:In an extended exchange with a questioner during his Philadelphia town hall event with host George Stephanopolous Thursday, Biden laid out his vision for police reform, including his opinion of how police officers should utilize deadly force while on the job. "There's a lot of things we've learned, and it takes time," he said, "but we can do this. You can ban chokeholds ... but beyond that, you have to teach people how to de-escalate circumstances.""So, instead of anybody coming at you and the first thing you do is shoot to kill, you shoot them in the leg," he offered as an example

Someone should have told this nitwit that there are vital arteries in the legs that can kill a person almost as quickly as shooting them in the chest, and sometimes quicker!

But don't you just love how this idiot sticks his foot in his dumb mouth virtually every time he opens it?  And then try to imagine how half the country must be even dumber than him to even consider voting for the dope to become president!

Huey

Unread post

Zeets2 » 17 Oct 2020, 11:14 am » wrote: Someone should have told this nitwit that there are vital arteries in the legs that can kill a person almost as quickly as shooting them in the chest, and sometimes quicker!

But don't you just love how this idiot sticks his foot in his dumb mouth virtually every time he opens it?  And then try to imagine how half the country must be even dumber than him to even consider voting for the dope to become president!

I remember when he said women should shoot shotguns.  The videos of that were hilarious.  

Zeets2

Unread post

Huey » 17 Oct 2020, 11:15 am » wrote: I remember when he said women should shoot shotguns.  The videos of that were hilarious.
Here's what a dim bulb this moron is!  He got widespread laughter when he came out with the same stupidity last time he said it, and can't even remember how badly it flopped then, so he had to try it again!

Anyone who can't see what a mental deficient this fool is has to be even dumber than him, or has a more advanced case of Alzheimer's!

Termin8tor

Unread post

Huey » 17 Oct 2020, 10:52 am » wrote: Clint Eastwood would do it.

I like this from the article:

"Shooting someone in the leg does not stop someone immediately," he said. "You're trying to stop an immediate threat. And shooting someone in the leg doesn't stop them from killing or shooting someone else."Grossman, who runs a nationwide law enforcement training program and who developed the discipline of "killology," used a conversation with a deer-hunting relative to illustrate his point. "He once asked me, 'Why don't cops just shoot suspects in the leg?'" Grossman said. "And I told him, 'The next time you shoot at a deer, aim for the leg.'""He got it immediately," Grossman added.

I read a realistic but fiction book that noted that some criminals are so tough that they'll take 10 bullets and keep coming.

When the adrenaline is pumping, some people barely notice until later.

Pengwin

Unread post

Politics: Liberal

Non-lethal weapons.

And overwhelming force.

Termin8tor

Unread post

Pengwin » 17 Oct 2020, 12:14 pm » wrote: Non-lethal weapons.

And overwhelming force.

Well  gosh, why don't you wave your magic wand and come up with an effective non-lethal weapon, moonbat?

And what do you recommend for "overwhelming force," four police officers patrolling in the same car?

Six?

A dozen?

Pengwin

Unread post

Termin8tor » 17 Oct 2020, 12:16 pm » wrote: .
Well  gosh, why don't you wave your magic wand and come up with an effective non-lethal weapon, moonbat?

And what do you recommend for "overwhelming force," four police officers patrolling in the same car?

We already have them.

And eight to one in a confrontation would be about right.  When you know something is going down, call it in.

And no cop alone, ever.  Safety in numbers.

FOS

Unread post

Politics: Fascist

If you don't need deadly force you shouldn't even be using your gun

Termin8tor

Unread post

Pengwin » 17 Oct 2020, 12:19 pm » wrote:
Termin8tor » 17 Oct 2020, 12:16 pm » wrote: Well  gosh, why don't you wave your magic wand and come up with an effective non-lethal weapon, moonbat?

Six?

A dozen?

We already have them.

And eight to one in a confrontation would be about right.  When you know something is going down, call it in.

And no cop alone, ever.  Safety in numbers.
Oh, you mean the tasers that didn't take down Rodney King or that guy who recently got shot in the back and who knows how many others.

Yeah, they work great.

But amusing that you apparent to double police budgets so they have far, far more manpower, right moonbat?

Huey

Unread post

FOS » 17 Oct 2020, 12:20 pm » wrote: If you don't need deadly force you shouldn't even be using your gun
Pretty much.

Pengwin

Unread post

Termin8tor » 17 Oct 2020, 12:24 pm » wrote: ,
Oh, you mean the tasers that didn't take down Rodney King or that guy who recently got shot in the back and who knows how many others.

Yeah, they work great.

But amusing that you apparent to double police budgets so they have far, far more manpower, right moonbat?

The budget should be what it takes to do Community Policing and Protect and Serve the citizens, all of them.

Huey

Unread post

Pengwin » 17 Oct 2020, 12:14 pm » wrote: Non-lethal weapons.

And overwhelming force.

Why do you own and carry guns?  Using your standard you should have a non lethal weapon.

Pengwin

Unread post

Huey » 17 Oct 2020, 12:26 pm » wrote: Why do you own and carry guns?  Using your standard you should have a non lethal weapon.
I own them to kill things, what they were invented for.  I never take a gun outside the house unless something needs to die by my hands.

Huey

Unread post

Pengwin » 17 Oct 2020, 12:28 pm » wrote: I own them to kill things, what they were invented for.  I never take a gun outside the house unless something needs to die by my hands.

So you don't have them for personal protection against other people? That is how you made it sound.  Something about your profession.  I am not asking what your profession is but I am asking do you have firearms for self defense?

Pengwin

Unread post

Huey » 17 Oct 2020, 12:32 pm » wrote: So you don't have them for personal protection against other people?

That's correct.

The property has fences, and gates, and signs, and the doors to the house are never locked.  The dogs have that covered.