DDoS Attack

Post questions, issues or suggestions regarding LiberalForum.net.
321 posts
User avatar
Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

User avatar
98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Posts: 104,926
Politics: Insurrectionist
Location: See ya in court, biden dogs

WhistleSNAP
Olivaw » 23 Oct 2020, 12:19 pm » wrote: Me too. Somebody is putting in effort - for what? - to spoil our fun and waste admin’s time?
If we could get some of these jerks to be a little less anti-semitic, it would probably stop.

Jews are very crafty and sinister - they're probably behind this.
 
Log in or Register to remove ads

Tax dollars are like husbands and sons. The farther from home they get, the worse they behave.

When your map disputes the territory, your map is wrong - not the territory.
Hearing much sizzle, expect little steak
Lies are a lazy man's truths
Humanity's law of the jungle is survival of the tribe

Only weak ideas must be protected from debate, and only religions declare people heretics.

Nostalgia is a crime against past and present
You cannot betray me, only yourself, to me

User avatar
Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

User avatar
98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Posts: 104,926
Politics: Insurrectionist
Location: See ya in court, biden dogs

WhistleSNAP
Olivaw » 23 Oct 2020, 12:39 pm » wrote: Somebody with an axe to grind, like a banned member? 

A banned member with glasses, maybe?
Tax dollars are like husbands and sons. The farther from home they get, the worse they behave.

When your map disputes the territory, your map is wrong - not the territory.
Hearing much sizzle, expect little steak
Lies are a lazy man's truths
Humanity's law of the jungle is survival of the tribe

Only weak ideas must be protected from debate, and only religions declare people heretics.

Nostalgia is a crime against past and present
You cannot betray me, only yourself, to me

User avatar
Olivaw

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 1,929
Politics: Liberal

Black Lives MatterDemocratic Party 1PPE Mask
Cannonpointer » 23 Oct 2020, 12:54 pm » wrote: A banned member with glasses, maybe?
Or somebody who drank too many glasses of cheap scotch?
The only way Trump gets to 270 is if he loses 50 pounds

User avatar
Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

User avatar
98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Posts: 104,926
Politics: Insurrectionist
Location: See ya in court, biden dogs

WhistleSNAP
Olivaw » 23 Oct 2020, 1:05 pm » wrote: Or somebody who drank too many glasses of cheap scotch?

No, our villain is clearly sober. Crafty, highly intelligent - a Moriarty.

I will brig him to ground - the game is a foot (never could figure what the heck that means).
Tax dollars are like husbands and sons. The farther from home they get, the worse they behave.

When your map disputes the territory, your map is wrong - not the territory.
Hearing much sizzle, expect little steak
Lies are a lazy man's truths
Humanity's law of the jungle is survival of the tribe

Only weak ideas must be protected from debate, and only religions declare people heretics.

Nostalgia is a crime against past and present
You cannot betray me, only yourself, to me

User avatar
Olivaw

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 1,929
Politics: Liberal

Black Lives MatterDemocratic Party 1PPE Mask
Cannonpointer » 23 Oct 2020, 1:09 pm » wrote: No, our villain is clearly sober. Crafty, highly intelligent - a Moriarty.

I will bring him to ground - the game is a foot (never could figure what the heck that means).
 
You go Liam.
 
The only way Trump gets to 270 is if he loses 50 pounds

User avatar
SixShooter

Share      Unread post

User avatar
  
  
Posts: 98

Cannonpointer » 23 Oct 2020, 12:46 pm » wrote: You say that now, because you are accustomed to the other

But the other is off the shelf - a clone site. This one has been lovingly tailored over many years, so that the things you find off-putting were added in a manner that was easy to adapt to.

Did you know that you can purchase your own stickies?If you think a thread should be stickied, for 250 rep points you can sticky the thread yourself, for 24 hours (only once every 48 hours, and only when there are not already two stickies).

You can also buy a peanut gallery thread, which gives you moderator powers to move spam out of your thread.

The same level of discomfort you find here, we find over there. Its just what you get used to. And you'll probably be used to this format before The Teacher ever gets that one off blocks.

By the way, if you prefer old school, you can click "disable word processor" (at bottom right) when you are responding to a post, and the quote box goes back to being manipulable. And if things ever disappear or get unworkable while you are responding, hit the preview post button.

Thanks. Yeah I've pretty much mastered the software after five minutes (unlike izzybelle who hasn't mastered either in ten years). And I understand all about familiarity. However I take exception with the idea this place has been "lovingly tailored." The folder structure is whack. If I'm in "Site Announcements" and I see I can click up to "Forums" from here, but when I do I don't see the NHB forum.... well that's whack son.

User avatar
GeorgeWashington

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 8,101
Politics: Revolutionary
Location: Mount Vernon, VA
Contact:

SoapBeerPopcorn
SixShooter » 23 Oct 2020, 2:01 pm » wrote:
Cannonpointer » 23 Oct 2020, 12:46 pm » wrote: You say that now, because you are accustomed to the other

But the other is off the shelf - a clone site. This one has been lovingly tailored over many years, so that the things you find off-putting were added in a manner that was easy to adapt to.

Did you know that you can purchase your own stickies?If you think a thread should be stickied, for 250 rep points you can sticky the thread yourself, for 24 hours (only once every 48 hours, and only when there are not already two stickies).

You can also buy a peanut gallery thread, which gives you moderator powers to move spam out of your thread.

The same level of discomfort you find here, we find over there. Its just what you get used to. And you'll probably be used to this format before The Teacher ever gets that one off blocks.

By the way, if you prefer old school, you can click "disable word processor" (at bottom right) when you are responding to a post, and the quote box goes back to being manipulable. And if things ever disappear or get unworkable while you are responding, hit the preview post button.
Thanks. Yeah I've pretty much mastered the software after five minutes (unlike izzybelle who hasn't mastered either in ten years). And I understand all about familiarity. However I take exception with the idea this place has been "lovingly tailored." The folder structure is whack. If I'm in "Site Announcements" and I see I can click up to "Forums" from here, but when I do I don't see the NHB forum.... well that's whack son.
"lovingly tailored" means I can give you reddies to shrink your posts

This thread is a Global Announcement.  It shows at the top of all forums, but it is actually in the Site Announcements forum, which is why the breadcrumb doesn't show NHB.... 

Maybe someone can move it to NHB for the nubs.

 
 

User avatar
Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

User avatar
98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Posts: 104,926
Politics: Insurrectionist
Location: See ya in court, biden dogs

WhistleSNAP
GeorgeWashington » 23 Oct 2020, 2:21 pm » wrote: "lovingly tailored" means I can give you reddies to shrink your posts

This thread is a Global Announcement.  It shows at the top of all forums, but it is actually in the Site Announcements forum, which is why the breadcrumb doesn't show NHB.... 

Maybe someone can move it to NHB for the nubs.
I like it where it's sitting. Someone else will have to move it.
 
Tax dollars are like husbands and sons. The farther from home they get, the worse they behave.

When your map disputes the territory, your map is wrong - not the territory.
Hearing much sizzle, expect little steak
Lies are a lazy man's truths
Humanity's law of the jungle is survival of the tribe

Only weak ideas must be protected from debate, and only religions declare people heretics.

Nostalgia is a crime against past and present
You cannot betray me, only yourself, to me

User avatar
Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

User avatar
98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Posts: 104,926
Politics: Insurrectionist
Location: See ya in court, biden dogs

WhistleSNAP
SixShooter » 23 Oct 2020, 2:01 pm » wrote: Thanks. Yeah I've pretty much mastered the software after five minutes (unlike izzybelle who hasn't mastered either in ten years). And I understand all about familiarity. However I take exception with the idea this place has been "lovingly tailored." The folder structure is whack. If I'm in "Site Announcements" and I see I can click up to "Forums" from here, but when I do I don't see the NHB forum.... well that's whack son.

We have more megs of gig and better c++ boiler plate machine language. I should know - I write the code for this place.
Tax dollars are like husbands and sons. The farther from home they get, the worse they behave.

When your map disputes the territory, your map is wrong - not the territory.
Hearing much sizzle, expect little steak
Lies are a lazy man's truths
Humanity's law of the jungle is survival of the tribe

Only weak ideas must be protected from debate, and only religions declare people heretics.

Nostalgia is a crime against past and present
You cannot betray me, only yourself, to me

User avatar
Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

User avatar
98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Posts: 104,926
Politics: Insurrectionist
Location: See ya in court, biden dogs

WhistleSNAP
GeorgeWashington » 23 Oct 2020, 2:21 pm » wrote: "lovingly tailored" means I can give you reddies to shrink your posts

This thread is a Global Announcement.  It shows at the top of all forums, but it is actually in the Site Announcements forum, which is why the breadcrumb doesn't show NHB.... 

Maybe someone can move it to NHB for the nubs.
I gave him a greenie to unshrink it.

But now, since I understand the shrink was intended as evidence, I'll give him a reddie so that he can see it.

Edit - I see you beat me to it...
 
Tax dollars are like husbands and sons. The farther from home they get, the worse they behave.

When your map disputes the territory, your map is wrong - not the territory.
Hearing much sizzle, expect little steak
Lies are a lazy man's truths
Humanity's law of the jungle is survival of the tribe

Only weak ideas must be protected from debate, and only religions declare people heretics.

Nostalgia is a crime against past and present
You cannot betray me, only yourself, to me

User avatar
SixShooter

Share      Unread post

User avatar
  
  
Posts: 98

GeorgeWashington » 23 Oct 2020, 2:21 pm » wrote: "lovingly tailored" means I can give you reddies to shrink your posts
 
HAHAHA okay, I get the drift son.   
 
GeorgeWashington » 23 Oct 2020, 2:21 pm » wrote: This thread is a Global Announcement.  It shows at the top of all forums, but it is actually in the Site Announcements forum, which is why the breadcrumb doesn't show NHB....
 
So that translates to "yes as a matter of fact it IS whack but here's a lame excuse for why it is what it is."
 
GeorgeWashington » 23 Oct 2020, 2:21 pm » wrote: Maybe someone can move it to NHB for the nubs.
 
I'm good, but Izzybelle could use some elementary instruction.
 

User avatar
Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

User avatar
98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Posts: 104,926
Politics: Insurrectionist
Location: See ya in court, biden dogs

WhistleSNAP
SixShooter » 23 Oct 2020, 2:30 pm » wrote:  
HAHAHA okay, I get the drift son.   

So that translates to "yes as a matter of fact it IS whack but here's a lame excuse for why it is what it is."

I'm good, but Izzybelle could use some elementary instruction.

Oh, you get ANOTHER reddie - YOU HAVE A BAD ATTITUDE, citizen.  
Tax dollars are like husbands and sons. The farther from home they get, the worse they behave.

When your map disputes the territory, your map is wrong - not the territory.
Hearing much sizzle, expect little steak
Lies are a lazy man's truths
Humanity's law of the jungle is survival of the tribe

Only weak ideas must be protected from debate, and only religions declare people heretics.

Nostalgia is a crime against past and present
You cannot betray me, only yourself, to me

User avatar
SixShooter

Share      Unread post

User avatar
  
  
Posts: 98

Cannonpointer » 23 Oct 2020, 2:26 pm » wrote: I like it where it's sitting. Someone else will have to move it.
Talk to yourself much General??   

User avatar
Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

User avatar
98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Posts: 104,926
Politics: Insurrectionist
Location: See ya in court, biden dogs

WhistleSNAP
SixShooter » 23 Oct 2020, 2:31 pm » wrote: Talk to yourself much General?? 
I do, but I was responding to that other fella Geo Worshington.

Are you suggesting he's my sok?
 
Tax dollars are like husbands and sons. The farther from home they get, the worse they behave.

When your map disputes the territory, your map is wrong - not the territory.
Hearing much sizzle, expect little steak
Lies are a lazy man's truths
Humanity's law of the jungle is survival of the tribe

Only weak ideas must be protected from debate, and only religions declare people heretics.

Nostalgia is a crime against past and present
You cannot betray me, only yourself, to me

User avatar
SixShooter

Share      Unread post

User avatar
  
  
Posts: 98

Cannonpointer » 23 Oct 2020, 2:31 pm » wrote: Oh, you get ANOTHER reddie - YOU HAVE A BAD ATTITUDE, citizen.
 
What, you don't like this type of correction??

Listen, if I see a place to click "Forums" but that link does NOT show me NHB, the only forum giving this place a reason to exist, that is FUGGERED. Then you missed the point and spun off into some nonsense about Global Warming Notifications or something.

You'll miss my "loving tailoring" when teacher figures out how to recombobulate dot org.....

User avatar
GeorgeWashington

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 8,101
Politics: Revolutionary
Location: Mount Vernon, VA
Contact:

SoapBeerPopcorn
SixShooter » 23 Oct 2020, 2:30 pm » wrote:
GeorgeWashington » 23 Oct 2020, 2:21 pm » wrote: "lovingly tailored" means I can give you reddies to shrink your posts
HAHAHA okay, I get the drift son.   
GeorgeWashington » 23 Oct 2020, 2:21 pm » wrote: This thread is a Global Announcement.  It shows at the top of all forums, but it is actually in the Site Announcements forum, which is why the breadcrumb doesn't show NHB....
So that translates to "yes as a matter of fact it IS whack but here's a lame excuse for why it is what it is."
GeorgeWashington » 23 Oct 2020, 2:21 pm » wrote: Maybe someone can move it to NHB for the nubs.
I'm good, but Izzybelle could use some elementary instruction.
How do you suggest the mods set the folder structure? 

Let me guess... It needs to be a terrific folder structure.  The best folder structure - good enough to make forums great again.  None of that China, ****, or mexican rapist folder structure, only the best, make you want to grab your daughter's *** folder structure.  Am I right or am I right?
 

User avatar
SixShooter

Share      Unread post

User avatar
  
  
Posts: 98

GeorgeWashington » 23 Oct 2020, 2:36 pm » wrote: How do you suggest the mods set the folder structure? 

Let me guess... It needs to be a terrific folder structure.  The best folder structure - good enough to make forums great again.  None of that China, ****, or mexican rapist folder structure, only the best, make you want to grab your daughter's *** folder structure.  Am I right or am I right?
Ah I see you've fixed it already. It's still wonky but better.

I guess you DO know your way around the knobs and switches. Good man. Just stay away from the "levers" and the "ball bearings," if ya know whut ah meen!!

User avatar
Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

User avatar
98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Posts: 104,926
Politics: Insurrectionist
Location: See ya in court, biden dogs

WhistleSNAP
SixShooter » 23 Oct 2020, 2:36 pm » wrote:  
What, you don't like this type of correction??

Listen, if I see a place to click "Forums" but that link does NOT show me NHB, the only forum giving this place a reason to exist, that is FUGGERED. Then you missed the point and spun off into some nonsense about Global Warming Notifications or something.

You'll miss my "loving tailoring" when teacher figures out how to recombobulate dot org.....
 
The funniest thing about your post is that if The Teacher ever dips in and sees it, he will immediately put "recombobulate.org" into the address bar in a desperate attempt to find the grail.             
Tax dollars are like husbands and sons. The farther from home they get, the worse they behave.

When your map disputes the territory, your map is wrong - not the territory.
Hearing much sizzle, expect little steak
Lies are a lazy man's truths
Humanity's law of the jungle is survival of the tribe

Only weak ideas must be protected from debate, and only religions declare people heretics.

Nostalgia is a crime against past and present
You cannot betray me, only yourself, to me

User avatar
Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

User avatar
98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Posts: 104,926
Politics: Insurrectionist
Location: See ya in court, biden dogs

WhistleSNAP
SixShooter » 23 Oct 2020, 2:39 pm » wrote: Ah I see you've fixed it already. It's still wonky but better.

I guess you DO know your way around the knobs and switches. Good man. Just stay away from the "levers" and the "ball bearings," if ya know whut ah meen!!

He's a fraud. I carry this place, code monkey wise.
Tax dollars are like husbands and sons. The farther from home they get, the worse they behave.

When your map disputes the territory, your map is wrong - not the territory.
Hearing much sizzle, expect little steak
Lies are a lazy man's truths
Humanity's law of the jungle is survival of the tribe

Only weak ideas must be protected from debate, and only religions declare people heretics.

Nostalgia is a crime against past and present
You cannot betray me, only yourself, to me

User avatar
SixShooter

Share      Unread post

User avatar
  
  
Posts: 98

Cannonpointer » 23 Oct 2020, 2:52 pm » wrote: He's a fraud. I carry this place, code monkey wise.
, that was meant for you anyway. I knew GW wouldn't need told to avoid the levers and BBs.   

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 43 guests


Log in or Register to remove ads