This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
Blackvegetable

Share      Unread post

Antifa
LaughinAtLefty » 27 Oct 2020, 10:45 pm » wrote: I’m not  going with the grifter that’s sold out to China, Russia, and others.....with actual tangible evidence showing this without any doubts.

If it’s any consolation, I dislike the scenario you referenced. But if I had to choose between the two, as a country we don’t have trade issues, major geopolitical issues, international rights to navigable waters issues with a foundation. Sucks to have to look at it that way....in another thread I mentioned I was voting for Cass.....but now knowing just how criminal, deceitful, and dangerous your grifter and his family actions have been......my vote for Cass will have to wait.
I’m not  going with the grifter that’s sold out to China, Russia, and others.....with actual tangible evidence showing this without any doubts.
It was so tangible and doubtless the WSJ took a pass...

ROG62

Share      Unread post

Politics: Conservative

Blackvegetable » 27 Oct 2020, 8:59 pm » wrote: Can you tell me what the FY 2020 deficit was?
ask nancy...

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Politics: Insurrectionist

WhistleSNAP
Blackvegetable » 27 Oct 2020, 8:58 pm » wrote: Because a consistent policy, guided by the credentialed, in response to a pandemic is "fascist"....

The very INSTANT trump implements it.

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
Blackvegetable » 27 Oct 2020, 9:34 pm » wrote: It was related to your comment...

what's your position on the deficit?
Mine is Missionary.

Legs spread. :LOL:  

LaughinAtLefty

Share      Unread post

Blackvegetable » 27 Oct 2020, 11:06 pm » wrote: It was so tangible and doubtless the WSJ took a pass...
Ohhhhh puulleeaasseeeee......

The media gave up on news and switched to propaganda a long time ago. The media has been covering for Compromised Dementia Joe this entire election cycle, it’s a farce. When he’s not hiding, he’s spoon fed questions with teleprompter answers, and STILL **** it up big time. At today’s rally (of about 25 people) he was asked a non-scripted question and made a complete *** of himself.....so much so I actually felt kind of sorry for him as dementia is no laughing matter.

He’s unequivocally compromised to the #2 and #3 greatest threats to our country, he’s a dementia riddled old man that can’t even put a coherent sentence together without his hand being held. He is completely unfit to manage a Taco Bell, much less be POTUS. Trump....I don’t like the person at all and he has a slew of issues as well. Talk about justification to have more than two viable parties....I can’t think of a better situation than this one.

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
LaughinAtLefty » 27 Oct 2020, 9:51 pm » wrote: It blows donkey dicks regardless of which party is creating it. You’re not on the “other” site, I don’t think.....but I’ve railed on this since I’ve been posting. I’m fiscally conservative, and feel very strongly the aholes in DC should have to operate under the same rules we do as heads of households. Bush’s $5 trillion debt....****. Obama’s $10 trillion debt.....****.....Trumps fiscal 2020 $3.3 trillion debt....****.

Now, about Neo”s post.....regarding masks and y’all flopping in the breeze regarding what you want, and don’t want from Trump...
He was iceburg slim.

Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man

WhistleSNAP
Pengwin » 27 Oct 2020, 10:29 pm » wrote: He admires Putin and wants him to like him.  Anything is possible.

That's why I'm masking up. Putin says mask, I mask.

ROG62

Share      Unread post

LaughinAtLefty » 27 Oct 2020, 11:17 pm » wrote: Ohhhhh puulleeaasseeeee......

The media gave up on news and switched to propaganda a long time ago. The media has been covering for Compromised Dementia Joe this entire election cycle, it’s a farce. When he’s not hiding, he’s spoon fed questions with teleprompter answers, and STILL **** it up big time. At today’s rally (of about 25 people) he was asked a non-scripted question and made a complete *** of himself.....so much so I actually felt kind of sorry for him as dementia is no laughing matter.

He’s unequivocally compromised to the #2 and #3 greatest threats to our country, he’s a dementia riddled old man that can’t even put a coherent sentence together without his hand being held. He is completely unfit to manage a Taco Bell, much less be POTUS. Trump....I don’t like the person at all and he has a slew of issues as well. Talk about justification to have more than two viable parties....I can’t think of a better situation than this one.
And they ridiculed Regan about having the nuke codes...

Pengwin

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberal

Cannonpointer » 27 Oct 2020, 11:20 pm » wrote: That's why I'm masking up. Putin says mask, I mask.
Hard to argue with Putin makes more sense than Trump...

LaughinAtLefty

Share      Unread post

zkyll8 » 27 Oct 2020, 10:17 pm » wrote: Can't Believe that even Russia realizes that COVID isn't a joke.

Only if the current Commander in Chief could realize this.

But let's be honest is he going to?

We all know the answer.
So in other words, you need an all encompassing government to hold your hand and tell you what to do, otherwise you can’t make a decision on your own?

Good grief.....

LaughinAtLefty

Share      Unread post

Pengwin » 27 Oct 2020, 11:22 pm » wrote: Hard to argue with Putin makes more sense than Trump...
Apples and oranges (no pun intended) between the systems.

Unlike Russia, we can’t just off people if they don’t fall in line......well, unless your last name is Clinton. Additionally, we theoretically have this notion of freedoms in the US.....not so much in Russia.

Not real sure what the big deal is regarding masks. The left seems to think people can’t think for themselves, and it requires the government to hold their hand. I don’t subscribe to such infantile stupidity.

LaughinAtLefty

Share      Unread post

zkyll8 » 27 Oct 2020, 10:17 pm » wrote: Can't Believe that even Russia realizes that COVID isn't a joke.

Only if the current Commander in Chief could realize this.

But let's be honest is he going to?

We all know the answer.
So in other words, you need an all encompassing government to hold your hand and tell you what to do, otherwise you can’t make a decision on your own?

Good grief.....

Pengwin

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberal

LaughinAtLefty » 28 Oct 2020, 12:16 am » wrote: Apples and oranges (no pun intended) between the systems.

Unlike Russia, we can’t just off people if they don’t fall in line......well, unless your last name is Clinton. Additionally, we theoretically have this notion of freedoms in the US.....not so much in Russia.

Not real sure what the big deal is regarding masks. The left seems to think people can’t think for themselves, and it requires the government to hold their hand. I don’t subscribe to such infantile stupidity.

LaughinAtLefty

Share      Unread post

No different than today, aside from them being black and white photos. It is notable, however, in photo two - whom was requesting the use of masks.

Look....to me, arguing over this mask **** is silly. One doesn’t need the mayor, the governor, the senator, or the damn POTUS to hold your hand and tell you what you can and can’t do. As a professional pilot having been all over this rock in two separate careers.....when I read about this bastard in early January, then saw pictures of the commies all masking up...I told my wife to buy a bunch of masks and prepare. I know how many people travel back and forth and have been in other parts of the world when **** like this happens and new it wasn’t if - but when. It doesn’t take a government entity to tell you what to do, just a little common sense and a couple of synapses still firing. 

Neo

Share      Unread post

Roll Out
Blackvegetable » 27 Oct 2020, 8:58 pm » wrote: Because a consistent policy, guided by the credentialed, in response to a pandemic is "fascist"....

Got ya.
Closing down New York because there is a hurricane in Florida is pretty **** totalitarian. 

GeorgeWashington

Share      Unread post

Politics: Revolutionary

BeerPopcorn
Pengwin » 28 Oct 2020, 12:21 am » wrote:
LaughinAtLefty » 28 Oct 2020, 12:16 am » wrote: Apples and oranges (no pun intended) between the systems.

What percentage of people complied? How effective were masks at containing the virus? 

LaughinAtLefty

Share      Unread post

GeorgeWashington » 28 Oct 2020, 6:35 am » wrote: What percentage of people complied? How effective were masks at containing the virus?
First off, thank you for the coins.....I will spread them around as applicable.

Regarding the above, I did find one fairly well written (it seems) article discussing your questions. The footnote version seems to say while mandatory in many places, it was hit and miss in many as well. The efficacy seems to have been very low in both scenarios.

Additionally it speaks to the other items that are part of the guidance for the current pandemic.....social distancing and strong hygiene. I couldn’t find anything specific as to the materials used in the masks of 1918, nor if they were the multiple layers of today’s mask. The article does reference the need to adorn them properly to have any efficacy.

https://www.healthaffairs.org/do/10.137 ... 9108/full/

As for myself, I’m just trying to do the best for my family, which includes a highly compromised wife that’s a two time cancer survivor. I do the social distancing as practical as possible, though not always possible as I sit roughly 20” to the side of someone in my work. I wash my hands in situations where I’ve touched something that has the ability to be compromised, and I wear 3 layer surgical masks as appropriate, making sure I get the best fir possible.

Given this instantly became political, the information put out by various sources spans the spectrum. But in my circumstances, I’ll do whatever I can do to the best of my ability to hopefully protect my family and self. If doing the above helps to any degree, it’s the least I can do.

DennisTheMenace

Share      Unread post

Politics: Independent

Putin is clearly trying to protect his people.