This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
User avatar
OdeToJoy

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 2,975
Politics: Progressive

Cedar » 03 Nov 2020, 7:47 pm » wrote: Food pyramid is wrong, that's why so many Americans are diabetic, a "healthy" diet isn't healthy.
Agreed, the basic 1950's food pyramid is wrong.  That was put together by the meat and dairy industries.

The basics should be fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and beans.  Limited meat, chicken, and fish.  No dairy; that stuff is poison.

This is the 2019 Canadian food pyramid. 

The industry lobbyists were not allowed any input; just dieticians and nutritionists.

Eat a variety of healthy foods each day

Specifically, the new food guide suggests eating plenty of vegetables and fruits, choosing whole grains, and eating “protein foods.”When picking proteins, the food guide suggests eating plant-based proteins, like legumes, beans, and tofu more often than those from animal sources, like dairy, eggs, meat and fish

.Image
 
 
Log in or Register to remove ads


User avatar
nuckin futz

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 32,434
Politics: Independent

Cannonpointer » 03 Nov 2020, 8:11 pm » wrote: Too many white people around here. I need more diversity.
Your coffin is reserved for you at the FEMA Death camps!
Or maybe, you'd like to be 'hung like a ***'?
:die:  
 

User avatar
Cedar

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Cannonpointer's Internet Barrister
Cannonpointer's Internet Barrister
Posts: 27,336
Politics: Classical Liberal


User avatar
OdeToJoy

Share      Unread post

User avatar
     
     
Posts: 2,975
Politics: Progressive

Cannonpointer » 03 Nov 2020, 8:17 pm » wrote: False.

Garlic leaves a stink, but the more of it you eat, the healthier you will be.

Plus, no vampires.
There is a difference between smelling like garlic and onions, and stinking like an open sewer.
 

User avatar
Neo

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 29,569
Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
Florida called for Trump. Virginia oddly called for Biden though Trump has 60% of the vote.

User avatar
Cedar

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Cannonpointer's Internet Barrister
Cannonpointer's Internet Barrister
Posts: 27,336
Politics: Classical Liberal

Cannonpointer » 03 Nov 2020, 8:18 pm » wrote: It is NOT - but every time I eat it, my swimming pool smells funny.
We get fresh Jersey asparagus for about 6 weeks in the spring, I have it for dinner at least 5 nights a week when it's in season, I'm sure my whole neighborhood smells funny. :rofl:  
 

User avatar
Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

User avatar
98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Posts: 106,967
Politics: Insurrectionist
Location: See ya in court, biden dogs

WhistleSNAP
OdeToJoy » 03 Nov 2020, 8:30 pm » wrote: There is a difference between smelling like garlic and onions, and stinking like an open sewer.

Agreed. The first case ate enough garlic, and the second one didn't. :)

User avatar
Cedar

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Cannonpointer's Internet Barrister
Cannonpointer's Internet Barrister
Posts: 27,336
Politics: Classical Liberal

Neo » 03 Nov 2020, 8:31 pm » wrote: Florida called for Trump. Virginia oddly called for Biden though Trump has 60% of the vote.

Who called it?

User avatar
Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

User avatar
98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Posts: 106,967
Politics: Insurrectionist
Location: See ya in court, biden dogs

WhistleSNAP
Independent » 03 Nov 2020, 2:19 pm » wrote: Biden Campaign Manager basically ceding Florida and Pennsylvania AT 2PM!

“We can still win without Florida and Pennsylvania” Jen O’Malley Dillon
 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V77eQ4XHuxs

User avatar
GeorgeWashington

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 8,299
Politics: Revolutionary
Location: Mount Vernon, VA
Contact:

BeerPopcorn
Neo » 03 Nov 2020, 8:31 pm » wrote: Florida called for Trump. Virginia oddly called for Biden though Trump has 60% of the vote.

Image
 

User avatar
GeorgeWashington

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 8,299
Politics: Revolutionary
Location: Mount Vernon, VA
Contact:

BeerPopcorn
Cedar » 03 Nov 2020, 8:34 pm » wrote:
Neo » 03 Nov 2020, 8:31 pm » wrote: Florida called for Trump. Virginia oddly called for Biden though Trump has 60% of the vote.
Who called it?
32% reporting · The Associated Press has called this race · 13 electoral votes · Learn more
 
https://google.com/search?q=election+results
 
 
Log in or Register to remove ads


User avatar
Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

User avatar
98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Posts: 106,967
Politics: Insurrectionist
Location: See ya in court, biden dogs

WhistleSNAP

User avatar
nuckin futz

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 32,434
Politics: Independent

OdeToJoy » 03 Nov 2020, 8:26 pm » wrote: Agreed, the basic 1950's food pyramid is wrong.  That was put together by the meat and dairy industries.

The basics should be fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and beans.  Limited meat, chicken, and fish.  No dairy; that stuff is poison.

This is the 2019 Canadian food pyramid. 

The industry lobbyists were not allowed any input; just dieticians and nutritionists.

Eat a variety of healthy foods each day

Specifically, the new food guide suggests eating plenty of vegetables and fruits, choosing whole grains, and eating “protein foods.”When picking proteins, the food guide suggests eating plant-based proteins, like legumes, beans, and tofu more often than those from animal sources, like dairy, eggs, meat and fish

.Image
But real MANLY MEN don't eat gurly food like Tofu! That's for Soy Boys, and will shrink your nards! Tonite, for dinner, i ate Cheese Puffs, and chocolate cream pie! I eat what ever I want!
 
 

User avatar
Neo

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 29,569
Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
Calling for Biden with 60% for Trump? Are they seeing something we aren't?
 

User avatar
Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

User avatar
98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Posts: 106,967
Politics: Insurrectionist
Location: See ya in court, biden dogs

WhistleSNAP
GeorgeWashington » 03 Nov 2020, 8:35 pm » wrote: 32% reporting · The Associated Press has called this race · 13 electoral votes · Learn more
 
https://google.com/search?q=election+results

Decision Desk HQ and NYT call florida for trump - AP is not there yet.

User avatar
Neo

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 29,569
Politics: Conservative

Roll Out
nuckinfutz » 03 Nov 2020, 8:42 pm » wrote: But real MANLY MEN don't eat gurly food like Tofu! That's for Soy Boys, and will shrink your nards! Tonite, for dinner, i ate Cheese Puffs, and chocolate cream pie! I eat what ever I want!
Love tofu as long as its not processed into a meat substitute. 
 

User avatar
Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

User avatar
98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Posts: 106,967
Politics: Insurrectionist
Location: See ya in court, biden dogs

WhistleSNAP
Cedar » 03 Nov 2020, 8:33 pm » wrote: We get fresh Jersey asparagus for about 6 weeks in the spring, I have it for dinner at least 5 nights a week when it's in season, I'm sure my whole neighborhood smells funny. Image

You grill it quick in garlic and earl? :)

User avatar
Cedar

Share      Unread post

User avatar
Cannonpointer's Internet Barrister
Cannonpointer's Internet Barrister
Posts: 27,336
Politics: Classical Liberal

Cannonpointer » 03 Nov 2020, 8:48 pm » wrote: You grill it quick in garlic and earl? Image

Steamed swimming in Buttah.

User avatar
Cannonpointer

Share      Unread post

User avatar
98% Macho Man
98% Macho Man
Posts: 106,967
Politics: Insurrectionist
Location: See ya in court, biden dogs

WhistleSNAP
Cedar » 03 Nov 2020, 8:50 pm » wrote: Steamed swimming in Buttah.

That's nice, so long as you don't let em soften up too much.

User avatar
GeorgeWashington

Share      Unread post

User avatar
      
      
Posts: 8,299
Politics: Revolutionary
Location: Mount Vernon, VA
Contact:

BeerPopcorn
Neo » 03 Nov 2020, 8:46 pm » wrote:
Calling for Biden with 60% for Trump? Are they seeing something we aren't?
My guess is that the vote count is still low and Biden is winning the more populated areas. 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Annoyed Liberall, Bill Gates [Bot], Buffalo, Cannonpointer, Cedar, ConsRule, FOS, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, Ike Bana, Independent, ingo, Isabel, Jantje_Smit, JeanMoulin, nefarious101, Neo, omh, OpenSiteExplorer [Bot], Pengwin, Polar1ty, SJConspirator, solon, sooted up Cyndi, Twitter [Bot], Vegas and 265 guests


Log in or Register to remove ads