Stock sectors/asset sectors to buy under a Harris Presidency

This political chat room is for you to sound off about any political ideology and discuss current political topics. Everyone is welcome, yes, even conservatives, but keep in mind, the nature of the No Holds Barred political chat forum platform can be friendly to trolling. It is your responsibility to address this wisely. Forum Rules
64 posts
Polar1ty

Share      Unread post

Back when the MSM first declared Biden the winner, I already saw the writing on the wall. Yes, there was election fraud, but it doesn’t matter as Biden (and soon Harris) will become pResident as tRump has neither the resources nor allies to overturn enough states to reach 270.

In other words, even if he gets Pennsylvania + NC, it won’t change the outcome (which is what ultimately matters) as his luck from 2016 has evaporated in 2020.

A message to Trumptards: you should not despair, as even though Trump will no longer be president, Trumpism will live on and be resurrected in the near future. You can be assured a Trump clone will run for President in 2024, as his blueprint is too tantalizing to not copy.

With that being said...

Thankfully we know which stock sectors will outperform under a DemoRAT presidency:

BUY:

1) Defense contractors. As always, the MIC wins regardless if a Repuke or Demorat is in control, so Raytheon/Northrop/Lockheed will go up in price and be awarded even greater contracts. Healthy profit margins abound!

2) Telemedicine. Ever since Obama the Magik Negro signed ACA, share prices of United Healthcare, Aetna, Cigna, and other health insurance companies have soared. This was unsurprising as Obamacare was a large corporate subsidy, forcing consumers to pay hundreds of dollars/month for $5,000+ **** deductible plans if they weren't covered by employers.

Demand in economics is a simple concept: willingness and ability to pay. Even if consumers want to pay for health insurance, they will soon be squeezed to the point where the inability to pay will outshine the desire to. This inevitably includes employers looking to cut costs.

Telemedicine seems to offer a modestly disruptive route to lower HC costs without relying on gubmint to pay for everyone’s prescription pills. Costs for telemedicine are reasonable enough to pay out of pocket.

I therefore recommend high quality telemedicine stocks like TDOC. Yes, they are expensive already with high valuations, but will easily double or triple in the next 3 years.

Meanwhile I cannot see a blue chip stock like UNH growing more than 6% a year in the long run.

3) Big Tech like Facebook/Google/Nvidia/Amazo/Apple/Microsoft for obvious reasons - Democrats are firmly allied with them. Contrary to the bluster, Democrats will never pursue antitrust cases against these quasi-monopolies.

Noteworthy alternatives are Yandex (Russian equivalent of Google) and MercadoLibre. Possibly Shopify and Wix (I was always partial to WordPress but that’s because I am not a tech retard unlike Boomers).

4) Consumer Discretionary: Covid-19 will magically disappear in 2021, so you can expect consumers (the sheeple who hid in their basements over the flu and deep throated the media's semen) to start spending more dollars at physical places like Target, Best Buy, McDonald’s, Starbucks, Dollar Tree, and other chain stores that comprise an essential core of America’s “Liberty and Freedom."

5) Cloud/SaaS/remote work stocks: Already pricey but these still have room to run. Since the agenda is now to automate as many “useless eaters” (workers) out of existence within the job market, stocks like FVRR, WORK, TWLO, and DOCU will be great.

It is best to wait for a pullback as their stratospheric valuations are mind blowing.

6) Solar: President Harris will re-energize the renewables sector, so solar should do quite well.

7) Gun/Ammo stocks: Conjobs are always wary of gun control measures and will rush to buy more ammo/guns if Democrats try to push through legislation.

SPECULATIVE:

1) Real Estate - CRE is severely depressed thanks to a fake pandemic, but may make a rebound if President Harris chooses not to unleash Antifa, BLM, and other groups upon the urban dwelling public. Apartment REITs seem to be more viable, but may fall further as “the rent is still too damn high!” for Amazon warehouse workers and Uber drivers making $15/hour or less.

2) Energy - President Harris will not ban fracking, contrary to the ramblings of Trumptards. Energy is highly cyclical and has already passed its nadir, so I would give this a go with higher quality names like EOG and Valero instead of MLPs. That being said, I see energy stocks as a dividend/income/value play; their revenues will never grow more than 2% a year from their peak in 2019 over the long term, and most of your gains will come from filling in the value gap.

3) Bitcoin - Flying under the radar, this is soon going to surpass its former 2017 peak, as more and more crypto-libertarians fear a “digital currency” being foisted upon them by the fEdeRaL rEseRve. 

Libertarians are naive but as an investor, it is not your job to change other people's mentality. Your job is to profit off it.

4) Emerging Markets: Unlike the US stock market that is in bubbly territory, EMs have underperformed for the past 10 years. Historically, EMs outperform in the decade thereafter.

DO NOT BUY:

1) Precious metals. PMs outperform when Repukes are in control, as they love to use the Federal Reserve to monetize (finance) government deficits. Trump absolutely mastered this concept.

I am very saddened to say that my silver/gold will likely remain stagnant for years as Democratic presidencies tend to be neutral/negative for PMs. At the same time I do not wish to sell.

2) Financials. Classic value trap, as real interest rates will remain depressed to finance ever growing budget deficits. Banks cannot make much off 0-1% rates. I do not see how Wells Fargo, Citigroup, and other parasites will make a comeback in the visible future.

The only financials I own are OZK (great regional bank) and QIWI.

3) Non-EM Bonds. This one is obvious, but too many retards think “bonds are safe.” This myth can be dispelled by simple, 3rd grade math.

Let’s say you buy a 30Y US Treasury bond...the SAFEST of long term bonds, yielding...1.648%. (Quoted figure as of 11/13/2020) The inflation rate is 0.62%...no wait, it’s more like 3% due to deliberate manipulation and LIES by the BLS going back to the Reagan administration.

So even if you were retarded enough to believe inflation is 0.6%, your gain is 1% a year. Back in reality you are losing 1-2% a year on your principal as inflation erodes your (TAXABLE) coupon and more.

Just for the record, buying a safe utility stock like Dominion yields 2.97% (as of 11/13/2020). 

Neutral:

Utilities, Consumer Staples, Basic Materials, EM bonds

Last edited by Polar1ty on 14 Nov 2020, 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

SJConspirator

Share      Unread post

Politics: Green

Polar1ty » 13 Nov 2020, 5:11 pm » wrote: Back when the MSM first declared Biden the winner, I already saw the writing on the wall. Yes, there was election fraud, but it doesn’t matter as Biden (and soon Harris) will become pResident as tRump has neither the resources nor allies to overturn enough states to reach 270.

In other words, even if he gets Pennsylvania + NC, it won’t change the outcome (which is what ultimately matters) as his luck from 2016 has evaporated in 2020.

A message to Trumptards: you should not despair, as even though Trump will no longer be president, Trumpism will live on and be resurrected in the near future. You can be assured a Trump clone will run for President in 2024, as his blueprint is too tantalizing to not copy.

With that being said...

Thankfully we know which stock sectors will outperform under a DemoRAT presidency:

BUY:

1) Defense contractors. As always, the MIC wins regardless if a Repuke or Demorat is in control, so Raytheon/Northrop/Lockheed will go up in price and be awarded even greater contracts. Healthy profit margins abound!

2) Telemedicine. When Obama the Magik Negro signed ACA, share prices of United Healthcare, Aetna, Cigna, and other health insurance companies grew massively. This was unsurprising as Obamacare was a large corporate subsidy, forcing consumers to pay hundreds of dollars/month for $5,000+ deductible plans. 

Demand in economics is a simple concept: willingness and ability to pay. Even if consumers want to pay for health insurance, they will soon be squeezed to the point where the inability to pay will outshine the desire to. This inevitably includes employers looking to cut costs.

Telemedicine seems to offer a modestly disruptive route to lower HC costs without relying on gubmint to pay for everyone’s prescription pills. I therefore recommend high quality telemedicine stocks like TDOC. Yes, they are expensive, but will easily double or triple in the next 3 years.

3) Big Tech like Facebook/Google/Nvidia/Amazo/Apple/Microsoft for obvious reasons - Democrats are firmly allied with them. Contrary to the bluster, Demorats will never pursue antitrust cases against these quasi-monopolies.

Noteworthy alternatives are Yandex (Russian equivalent of Google) and MercadoLibre. Possibly Shopify and Wix (I was always partial to WordPress but that’s because I am not a tech retard unlike Boomers).

4) Consumer Discretionary: Covid-19 will magically disappear in 2021, so you can expect consumers (the sheeple who hid in their basements over the flu) to start spending more dollars at physical places like Target, Best Buy, McDonald’s, Starbucks, Dollar Tree, and other chain stores that comprise an essential core of America’s “Liberty and Freedom.”

5) Cloud/SaaS/remote work stocks: Already pricey but these still have room to run. Since the agenda is now to automate as many “useless eaters” (workers) out of existence within the job market, stocks like FVRR, WORK, and DOCU will be great. It is best to wait for a pullback.

6) Solar: President Harris will re-energize the renewables sector, so solar should do quite well.

SPECULATIVE:

1) Real Estate - CRE is severely depressed thanks to a fake pandemic, and may make a rebound if President Harris chooses not to unleash Antifa, BLM, and other groups upon the urban dwelling public. Apartment REITs seem to be more viable, but may fall further as “the rent is still too damn high!” for Amazon warehouse workers and Uber drivers making $15/hour or less.

2) Energy - President Harris will not ban fracking, contrary to the ramblings of Trumptards. Energy is highly cyclical and has already passed its nadir, so I would give this a go with higher quality names like EOG and Valero instead of MLPs. That being said, I see energy stocks as a dividend/income/value play; their revenues will never grow more than 2% a year from their peak in 2019 over the long term. 

3) Bitcoin - Flying under the radar, this is soon going to surpass its former 2017 peak, as more and more crypto-libertarians fear a “digital currency” being foisted upon them by the fEdeRaL rEseRve. 

DO NOT BUY:

1) Precious metals. PMs outperform when Repukes are in control, as they love to use the Federal Reserve to monetize (finance) government deficits. Trump absolutely mastered this concept.

I am very saddened to say that my silver/gold will likely remain stagnant for years as Democratic presidencies tend to be neutral/negative for PMs. At the same time I do not wish to sell.

2) Financials. Classic value trap, as real interest rates will remain depressed to finance ever growing budget deficits. Banks cannot make much off 0-1% rates. I do not see how Wells Fargo, Citigroup, and other parasites will make a comeback in the visible future.

3) Non-EM Bonds. This one is obvious, but too many retards think “bonds are safe.” This myth can be dispelled by simple, 3rd grade math.

Let’s say you buy a 30Y US Treasury bond...the SAFEST of long term bonds, yielding...1.648%. (Quoted figure as of 11/13/2020) The inflation rate is 0.62%...no wait, it’s more like 3% due to deliberate manipulation and LIES by the BLS going back to the Reagan administration.

So even if you were retarded enough to believe inflation is 0.6%, your gain is 1% a year. Back in reality you are losing 1-2% a year on your principal as inflation erodes your (TAXABLE) coupon and more.

Just for the record, buying a safe utility stock like Dominion yields 2.97% (as of 11/13/2020).

Will Biden drop dead in the first or second year?  If he manages to survive four years, he will be 82 **** years old.  That’s insane geriatric territory for a president IMO

The equal right of all men to the use of land is as clear as their equal right to breathe the air - it is a right proclaimed by the very fact of their existence. Henry George

Polar1ty

Share      Unread post

SJConspirator » 13 Nov 2020, 9:47 pm » wrote: Will Biden drop dead in the first or second year?  If he manages to survive four years, he will be 82 **** years old.  That’s insane geriatric territory for a president IMO
He will voluntarily resign before his first term is over.

sooted up Cyndi

Share      Unread post

Water Cooler Poleece
Water Cooler Poleece
Politics: Independent

ROFL
Polar1ty » 14 Nov 2020, 12:06 am » wrote: He will voluntarily resign before his first term is over.
Have you ever heard of Elliot Management ,Polarity? I just heard they are involved with CNN. And Cnn is for SALE    Paul Singer. Vulture corporate Raider. I think it is a very bad thing for CNN. When they came to Ebay. The sellers started **** their pants and top ceo started Jumping ship FAST. I read up On them a bit. They take down companies and small countries. Don't know what they're up to with CNN. But it cant be good. Bezos may want it.  

Cedar

Share      Unread post

Cannonpointer's Internet Barrister
Politics: Classical Liberal

Polar1ty » 14 Nov 2020, 12:06 am » wrote: He will voluntarily resign before his first term is over.
You spelled year wrong.

I’m at the point where I’ll trust a wet fart before I trust the election results.

Cedar

Share      Unread post

Politics: Classical Liberal

Polar1ty » 13 Nov 2020, 5:11 pm » wrote: Back when the MSM first declared Biden the winner, I already saw the writing on the wall. Yes, there was election fraud, but it doesn’t matter as Biden (and soon Harris) will become pResident as tRump has neither the resources nor allies to overturn enough states to reach 270.

With that being said...

BUY:

2) Telemedicine. Ever since Obama the Magik Negro signed ACA, share prices of United Healthcare, Aetna, Cigna, and other health insurance companies have soared. This was unsurprising as Obamacare was a large corporate subsidy, forcing consumers to pay hundreds of dollars/month for $5,000+ **** deductible plans if they weren't covered by employers.

Telemedicine seems to offer a modestly disruptive route to lower HC costs without relying on gubmint to pay for everyone’s prescription pills. Costs for telemedicine are reasonable enough to pay out of pocket.

I therefore recommend high quality telemedicine stocks like TDOC. Yes, they are expensive already with high valuations, but will easily double or triple in the next 3 years.

Meanwhile I cannot see a blue chip stock like UNH growing more than 6% a year in the long run.

3) Big Tech like Facebook/Google/Nvidia/Amazo/Apple/Microsoft for obvious reasons - Democrats are firmly allied with them. Contrary to the bluster, Democrats will never pursue antitrust cases against these quasi-monopolies.

4) Consumer Discretionary: Covid-19 will magically disappear in 2021, so you can expect consumers (the sheeple who hid in their basements over the flu and deep throated the media's semen) to start spending more dollars at physical places like Target, Best Buy, McDonald’s, Starbucks, Dollar Tree, and other chain stores that comprise an essential core of America’s “Liberty and Freedom."

5) Cloud/SaaS/remote work stocks: Already pricey but these still have room to run. Since the agenda is now to automate as many “useless eaters” (workers) out of existence within the job market, stocks like FVRR, WORK, TWLO, and DOCU will be great.

It is best to wait for a pullback as their stratospheric valuations are mind blowing.

7) Gun/Ammo stocks: Conjobs are always wary of gun control measures and will rush to buy more ammo/guns if Democrats try to push through legislation.

SPECULATIVE:

1) Real Estate - CRE is severely depressed thanks to a fake pandemic, but may make a rebound if President Harris chooses not to unleash Antifa, BLM, and other groups upon the urban dwelling public. Apartment REITs seem to be more viable, but may fall further as “the rent is still too damn high!” for Amazon warehouse workers and Uber drivers making $15/hour or less.

2) Energy - President Harris will not ban fracking, contrary to the ramblings of Trumptards. Energy is highly cyclical and has already passed its nadir, so I would give this a go with higher quality names like EOG and Valero instead of MLPs. That being said, I see energy stocks as a dividend/income/value play; their revenues will never grow more than 2% a year from their peak in 2019 over the long term, and most of your gains will come from filling in the value gap.

Libertarians are naive but as an investor, it is not your job to change other people's mentality. Your job is to profit off it.

4) Emerging Markets: Unlike the US stock market that is in bubbly territory, EMs have underperformed for the past 10 years. Historically, EMs outperform in the decade thereafter.

DO NOT BUY:

Neutral:

I’ll continue to dollar cost average on silver for the time being until we see how this circus will act. Need silver to make green energy.

I’m at the point where I’ll trust a wet fart before I trust the election results.

Polar1ty

Share      Unread post

Cedar » 14 Nov 2020, 2:14 am » wrote: I’ll continue to dollar cost average on silver for the time being until we see how this circus will act. Need silver to make green energy.
You will have to hope President Harris abuses the Fed. If she does I will turn bullish on PMs, as historically Democrats prefer fiscal over monetary stimulus. 

Last edited by Polar1ty on 14 Nov 2020, 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Polar1ty

Share      Unread post

sootedupCyndi » 14 Nov 2020, 1:29 am » wrote: Have you ever heard of Elliot Management ,Polarity? I just heard they are involved with CNN. And Cnn is for SALE    Paul Singer. Vulture corporate Raider. I think it is a very bad thing for CNN. When they came to Ebay. The sellers started **** their pants and top ceo started Jumping ship FAST. I read up On them a bit. They take down companies and small countries. Don't know what they're up to with CNN. But it cant be good. Bezos may want it.
Yes, but I haven’t heard of any good news regarding hedge funds. Your typical day trader and retail investor has massively outperformed over the past year.

Polar1ty

Share      Unread post

AMWL and SPT / dips

Polar1ty

Share      Unread post

DHI on watch list. Home builders/construction should do quite well as demand for residential housing continues to remain strong. I already owned UK builder Persimmon back when it was trading in the high 40's.

Polar1ty

Share      Unread post

Pretty amusing how Pfizer keeps touting its "95% effective vaccine" while its stock price has remained the same for over 3 months (actually it's slightly down since then). Looks like nobody is buying its BS.

TDOC all the way. I made a mistake buying Amwell (NEGATIVE CAPEX + WORKING CAPITAL GROWTH = RED FLAG; WHY WOULD A COMPANY IN ITS SEEDLING/GROWTH PHASE NOT BE HIRING OR INVESTING IN CAPEX LIKE CRAZY?) which explains its **** performance since IPO.

BABA is on sale as well due to fears of Xi meddling, but should not pose a long term threat. Speaking of Chinese politics, it's kind of amusing how the Chinese Communist Party recently moved forward with anti-trust laws while the stupid US gubmint REFUSES to even consider the possibility.

TRUMP = USELESS TRASH, DID NOT REGULATE NOR CALL FOR ANITRUST LEGISLATION against BIG TECH COMPANIES LIKE AMAZON/GOOGLE, FAKE POPULIST

Huey

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberacon

With that being said...

The following article was written the day after the election when the speculation was the GOP would hold the senate.  THAT is why the market soared.  Biden, and the house, would be unable to pass the massive tax increases they want as well as overturning the regulations Trump wiped out.

Longtime bull Jeremy Siegel: Stocks rally on odds of GOP keeping Senate and stopping tax hikes
PUBLISHED WED, NOV 4 202012:05 PM ESTUPDATED WED, NOV 4 202012:09 PM EST

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/04/jeremy- ... hikes.html

no, you haven't proven that by assertion. Unless you can show your mention prior to my post of Feb 8, you lose..

Hey BV, did Jan 24th 2020 come before or after Feb 8th 2020?

Vegas

Share      Unread post

Over-bathroom Under-secretary of Awesomeness
Politics: Conservative

With that being said...

BUY:

SPECULATIVE:

DO NOT BUY:

Neutral:

Almost every time I consider the advice of someone else regarding the stock market, they have always been wrong. Always. Therefore, I think I will take the stocks that you don't recommend, and invest in those. 
BlackVeg offers us the peak of his intellect.

Phoenix68.2.0

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberal

Polar1ty » 13 Nov 2020, 5:11 pm » wrote: Back when the MSM first declared Biden the winner, I already saw the writing on the wall. Yes, there was election fraud.....

Phoenix68.2.0

Share      Unread post

Politics: Liberal

SJConspirator » 13 Nov 2020, 9:47 pm » wrote: Will Biden drop dead in the first or second year?  If he manages to survive four years, he will be 82 **** years old.  That’s insane geriatric territory for a president IMO

We've had to tolerate worse-than-that.

Polar1ty

Share      Unread post

Vegas » 18 Nov 2020, 3:49 pm » wrote: Almost every time I consider the advice of someone else regarding the stock market, they have always been wrong. Always. Therefore, I think I will take the stocks that you don't recommend, and invest in those.
Yes, please buy GLD, SLV, SPPP, XLF, TLT, VGSH, and USIG.

I'd love to see your return on those in a 3 yr timeframe (or however long you think is appropriate).

You can benchmark those vs ITA, ITB, ARKK, XLY, VWO, and TAN. I'll even throw in BTC at this level.

Polar1ty

Share      Unread post

Huey » 18 Nov 2020, 3:06 pm » wrote: The following article was written the day after the election when the speculation was the GOP would hold the senate.  THAT is why the market soared.  Biden, and the house, would be unable to pass the massive tax increases they want as well as overturning the regulations Trump wiped out.

Longtime bull Jeremy Siegel: Stocks rally on odds of GOP keeping Senate and stopping tax hikes
PUBLISHED WED, NOV 4 202012:05 PM ESTUPDATED WED, NOV 4 202012:09 PM EST

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/04/jeremy- ... hikes.html
Disagree with that argument. The market is bullish, but for other reasons.

First of all, I doubt Biden (even if he was given a majority Dem Congress) would pass "massive" tax increases. Some Democrats speculated he would likely roll back corporate taxes from 21% to 28%, which is still lower than the 35% prior to Trump tax cuts.

This would be a "moderate," not a "massive," tax increase -  BTW no company ever paid that 35% statutory rate because no Fortune 500 would hire such incompetent accountants to do their taxes in the first place.

Second, taxes and regulations will always play a distant 2nd role to the first and foremost factor, which is aggregate market demand. I see lots of market demand for video games, cloud software, electric vehicles, SaaS, telemedicine, home construction, alternative energy, and Chinese eCommerce, hence why I suggested those sectors.

I do not see much demand for gasoline, banking services, precious metals (Peter Schiff and other gold bugs pimping out their "service" notwithstanding) and debt notes trading at record low yields, hence why I suggested avoiding those.

The only instance where I can see taxes/regulations playing a massive role is if Uncle Sam decides to nationalize/confiscate the entirety of assets within a business entity or regulate a specific sector out of existence, in which case you would do the smart thing and avoid investing in that company or sector. This is why you avoid investing in countries like Venezuela and Argentina - the latter due to its unstable currency and likelihood of default, but there is a close to 0% chance of that type of event happening here as Biden is not a "democratic socialist." (Neither is Harris)

The idiot Democrats have talked about "cutting greenhouse gas emissions" since Bill Clinton yet I don't see Uncle Sam prohibiting industrial farming and shutting down Ford/GM factories. So yea...

Finally, it's worth noting the GOP could cut corporate taxes to 0% and no competent investor would rush into stocks that would benefit the most. Companies like Amazon already pay almost no corporate taxes because they employ sophisticated mechanisms (such as stock buybacks), so that leaves us with companies like AT&T, Schlumberger, Tyson Foods, US Steel, Wells Fargo, Caterpillar, and others that I wouldn't touch with a 10 ft pole because they are zero/negative CAGR trash designed to ensnare naive investors who only look at P/E ratios and those "juicy" 5% dividend yields.

(Meanwhile the capital is eroded because the company itself sells garbage nobody wants, like cable TV in the case of AT&T)

The market is bullish because

1) Federal Reserve has a (silent) mandate to prop up the stock market with infinite rounds of QE

2) Tech/cloud/automation/IoT is sweeping every other sector into the dustbin, forcing them to adapt or be left behind forever (I say this as a technology skeptic, as I despise having to pay 10x forward Price/Sales - pay attention please, not Price/Earnings, PRICE/SALES - but that is the only way to ensure decent returns/alpha in this stupid "market")

Polar1ty

Share      Unread post

Oh god, I missed out on the Palantir choo-choo train. That was easy money too...

Blue Devil

Share      Unread post

Carnival Cruise Lines and Norwegian are still good buy.

I recently cashed in on the strange surge in Chinese EV stocks. I didn't get Nio, but I pockets $8000 on Li Auto and XPeng between Halloween and last Friday.

Stocks have been good to me this year. Everything I had control over was sold. I rebuilt my portfolio, and I'm up $120k on the year. Most of it was a whole stock market ETF. I still have hundreds of shares of Carnival and Norwegian I expect turn five figure profits as well.

It hasn't been all chocolate sprinkles. I found out the extra exposure ETF's are a good way to lose money if you don't know what you're doing.